• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
It's pronounced "Fill-oz", I don't think I'd like to be called a pillow. :^(

"Now that PHILOZOPHY" *ba dum tsst*

Fun fact, I was a corny middle school student who loved Smash a lot at that time. Made the username then with "SB" meaning Smash Brawl, "Phil" is a part of my name, LoZ is of course referencing the Zelda series, and 4 was my favourite number at that time (I don't like it anymore though haha).

It's a really corny name, but it stuck ehehehe.
Nah that's actually pretty cool. I like it.

Better than something like SonicMaster1234....

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Great games :) That button lag was horrible, so many SDs :/
That game with the SD literally to start the game. I laughed so hard at my fail.

I have a weird thing recently where I don't seem to notice lag outside of rare lag spikes. Sorry about that :(. I felt pretty fluid and in control of what I was doing. I definitely had fun. That was my first extended set with a good Link and that MU has given me a lot of trouble in the past. Learned a lot. ^_^

Rizen

Smash Legend
That game with the SD literally to start the game. I laughed so hard at my fail.

I have a weird thing recently where I don't seem to notice lag outside of rare lag spikes. Sorry about that :(. I felt pretty fluid and in control of what I was doing. I definitely had fun. That was my first extended set with a good Link and that MU has given me a lot of trouble in the past. Learned a lot. ^_^
I thought we both SDed a lot. I had a lot of dropped inputs. GGs still; I learned a lot about the Mega Man MU. :)

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Well most of us tend to use numbers after our names because the name we want is taken. Like my NNID. Though I'm pretty sure some of you know why I chose "151" of all numbers.

Last edited:

Spirst

Better than Pacman9 lol
I can't wait to change my name once I get premium.

It's gonna be "Procyon"!
Because I'm a huge astronomy nerd :3
Maybe I'll even keep the 9 part.
I'm a huge astronomy nerd too actually with one career choice being astrobiology (the other is possibly vertebrate paleontology). I'd taken astronomy internships/know some faculty members at the American Museum of Natural History here in NYC though I haven't had a chance to meet Neil deGrasse Tyson yet despite him giving presentations in the Rose Center for Earth and Space.

But yeah, astronomy is awesome and I never get bored of it.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
That's dangerously near Sonic 06 territory. I don't get the linked comic :confused:
It's a minigame in Pokémon Amie where you have to make faces to your Pokémon through the 3DS camera, one of those faces is a kissy expression, Serena just took it a bit far in that comic.

And yeah, I don't know why this is a ship and it makes me slightly uncomfortable but at least those pictures are pretty cute and for the most part you can see them in a non-shipping perspective.

[URL='http://nigko.tumblr.com/post/106839337608/mas-insectivoreshipping-para-la-people-dd-feliz']I particularly ship Greninja/Delphox in spite of them being incompatible in-game.
[/URL]
Also I'm surprised "FullMoon" wasn't already taken when I arrived here.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Lol. My SD's felt like they were just me making mistakes. Like Mega Man fast fall DAir off the edge. Or Farore's Wind stuff... I'm just not very good at using that move to recover. Although I'm getting better! (I think...) Edit: or me being silly and wanting to triple DAir ganondorf to oblivion.

Lol. It took me so long to come up with my name. I don't think I would've liked just being Locke.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Back when I made my tumblr account it turned out some guy had already taken "Fernosaur." I went to his profile and he was some pathetic hipster junkie with a blog theme dedicated to pot.

I was pretty mad.

It's pronounced "Fill-oz", I don't think I'd like to be called a pillow. :^(

"Now that PHILOZOPHY" *ba dum tsst*

Fun fact, I was a corny middle school student who loved Smash a lot at that time. Made the username then with "SB" meaning Smash Brawl, "Phil" is a part of my name, LoZ is of course referencing the Zelda series, and 4 was my favourite number at that time (I don't like it anymore though haha).

It's a really corny name, but it stuck ehehehe.
Phil!! Calling you that from now on~

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
It's a minigame in Pokémon Amie where you have to make faces to your Pokémon through the 3DS camera, one of those faces is a kissy expression, Serena just took it a bit far in that comic.

And yeah, I don't know why this is a ship and it makes me slightly uncomfortable but at least those pictures are pretty cute and for the most part you can see them in a non-shipping perspective.

I particularly ship Greninja/Delphox in spite of them being incompatible in-game.

Also I'm surprised "FullMoon" wasn't already taken when I arrived here.
Those pokes are super cute together lol. I also see some Chestnaught triangle sometimes. Speaking of Chestnaught, I still think this is highly amusing...

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Those pokes are super cute together lol. I also see some Chestnaught triangle sometimes. Speaking of Chestnaught, I still think this is highly amusing...
Honestly I think the Kalos starters are my favorite set just because there's so much chemistry between them and they work so well as a trio.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
THIS WILL FOREVER BE MY FAVOURITE POKEMON SHIP

WHY IS THIS A THING IDK BUT I FIND IT CUUUUUTEEEEEEEEE

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I forgot that this is a thing toooooo~~

Gardevoir and Lilligant are the most shipped Pokemon out there probably. :^)

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I'm a huge astronomy nerd too actually with one career choice being astrobiology (the other is possibly vertebrate paleontology). I'd taken astronomy internships/know some faculty members at the American Museum of Natural History here in NYC though I haven't had a chance to meet Neil deGrasse Tyson yet despite him giving presentations in the Rose Center for Earth and Space.

But yeah, astronomy is awesome and I never get bored of it.
Astrobiology...that is amazing man! I've always loved science and theory since I was a child. I always wanted to reach out beyond earth and help connect people to the vast universe.

Currently I'm thinking about going into theoretical astrophysics or astrogeology.

Last edited:
Damn. I've been working on the customs list for Shulk. It's been difficult to accustom the list for EVERYONE'S preference so here's how the list looks so far. How are you guys doing with your customs?

Critical sets
1113 (Default Monado set)
2113 (Default Decisive set)
3113 (Default Hyper set)

Personal Preference sets (Default Monado Arts)
1123 (Advancing air slash+MArts)
1313 (Back slash charge+MArts)
1323 (Back slash charge+Advancing air slash+MArts)

Personal Preference sets (Decisive Monado Arts)
2133 (Recovery compensation/no need for Monado jump)

Personal Preference sets (Hyper Monado arts)
3323 (Advancing air slash+Back slash charge+HArts)
3313 (Back slash charge+HArts)

Niche sets (Match up specific)
1312 (Zone breaker set)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Damn. I've been working on the customs list for Shulk. It's been difficult to accustom the list for EVERYONE'S preference so here's how the list looks so far. How are you guys doing with your customs?

Critical sets
3113 (Default Hyper set)

1312 (Zone breaker set)
Well the only custom Greninja is only really going to use for the most part is Shifting Shuriken and occasionally Exploding Attack so... Yeah.

It's pretty much going to be 3111, 3113 or default most of the time. I guess those that don't like Shadow Sneak might go for Shadow Dash as well so that adds a few more but that's pretty much it.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Critical sets
3113 (Default Hyper set)

1312 (Zone breaker set)
Well we are almost done reaching an agreement on the pac-man boards

Offensive/Anti Camp Pac
2132 (The aggressive trap Pac)

Defensive/Anti rush down Pac
3132 ("The stage is mine" Pac)

Mixed Pac

Freaky fruit and Lazy fruit give Pac-Man the kill confirms that he needed, while meteor trampoline and on fire hydrant cause all sorts of shenanigans. Everywhere you go is a trap.

Would make admiral Ackbar proud :chuckle:
image.jpg

Last edited:
There's still an on-going war between Default Air Slash vs Advancing Air Slash, Back Slash vs Back Slash Charge

So what I do is I just make variants of this and that. Tbh, back slash customs shouldn't matter that much anyway because back slash sucks. It's air slash that's the main issue. I'd rather have sets with air slash and AAS ready in case of emergency. Just so that those players that are like, "Who the **** thought AAS was a good idea?!" won't say **** like that to my face

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Critical sets
3113 (Default Hyper set)

1312 (Zone breaker set)
MK's customs suck

some people showed up out of nowhere and have been saying things in the thread and it's like

nobody's realistically going to use anything but 1111 or 1211 do I even care

Rosalina's a chore though since she easily has more than 10 viable sets. FullMoon already mentioned Greninja.

It's only the art customs that really define customs Shulk (Power vision is a given hehe)

If you go decisive, you're playing as simple mode/easy mode Shulk. DSpeed and DBuster are amazing

If you go hyper, you either KO the opponent or get KO'd in 30 seconds

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I don't even want to talk about Mega Man customs. That thread is... >.>

The fight between crash bomb and danger wrap is real. As is the fight for tornado hold and beat. Meanwhile, ice slasher will likely take a back seat as will hyper bomb. Shadow blade is unsafe on hit... And doesn't combo into itself reliably... But NL showed it off and did work with it, so it's fantastic!

And skull barrier is an obvious MU specific choice, but what does it go with? And plant barrier vs leaf shield is almost purely preferential.

What to do.

Edit: my shulk is so rusty... Everyone else feels fine. But Shulk feels worse than my day 1 shulk. Ugh.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
MK could use 1311 if opponent wouldn't get to know your set before every match, that would at least surprise some people.

btw, Entangling Tornado sucks, and nothing is worth replacing Shuttle Loop or Dimensional Cape for.

I don't even want to talk about Mega Man customs. That thread is... >.>

The fight between crash bomb and danger wrap is real. As is the fight for tornado hold and beat. Meanwhile, ice slasher will likely take a back seat as will hyper bomb. Shadow blade is unsafe on hit... And doesn't combo into itself reliably... But NL showed it off and did work with it, so it's fantastic!

And skull barrier is an obvious MU specific choice, but what does it go with? And plant barrier vs leaf shield is almost purely preferential.

What to do.
Now THAT'S a nightmare to deal with. I hope you guys reach an agreement with each other some day

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Locke 06 Locke 06 what's even the difference between Leaf Shield and Plant Barrier? I've been wondering since release and I still don't know (disclaimer: I've been too lazy to actually compare them ingame myself)

MK could use 1311 if opponent wouldn't get to know your set before every match, that would at least surprise some people.

btw, Entangling Tornado sucks, and nothing is worth replacing Shuttle Loop or Dimensional Cape for.
1311 was my favorite until I realized it was possible to shielddrop in the middle of it. The distance is way worse than the others so it's probably the worst drill overall.

I can't see any reason to change out Tornado when both alternatives give up large amounts of damage and safety on shield. Both custom Shuttle Loops just gut the move, same with the Cape customs. I really don't know how there are arguments in favor of any of the Loop/Cape customs in particular, they're easily some of the worst customs in the game.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I have been tinkering with Greninja lately. His moveset really complemented my play style once I got use to it. I love the dair spike unless I miss and SD myself haha. His substitute elevators are hype also. Listening to Naruto music while playing Greninja should be mandatory.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I have been tinkering with Greninja lately. His moveset really complemented my play style once I got use to it. I love the dair spike unless I miss and SD myself haha. His substitute elevators are hype also. Listening to Naruto music while playing Greninja should be mandatory.
Substitute elevators. Oh, Zelda mains...

:substitute:

And funnily enough, I've been contemplating on giving Sheik more of a try. But for some reason I can't. I thought "'you can never have too many ninja mains" was a thing, but apparently not.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@ Locke 06 Locke 06 what's even the difference between Leaf Shield and Plant Barrier? I've been wondering since release and I still don't know (disclaimer: I've been too lazy to actually compare them ingame myself)
Leaf Shield
-Farther distance/quicker when shot
-Hits do slightly more damage
-Individual leaves deplete upon hitting anything
-Activates slightly slower

Plant Barrier
-Short distance/hella slow when thrown
-Hits do slightly less damage
-Leaves do not disappearing upon hitting anything
-Activates slightly quicker

Leaf is better for grabs/as a projectile but Plant is better as an actual barrier (returning from off stage), and arguably pummels.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I wish I had frame data, but all I have is lame observations that are generally accepted.

Here's leaf shield:
Leaves appear on*: 13
Leaves rotate on: 50
Leaves hit on: 52
Act on**: 60
IASA/Leaves disappear on: 146
Leaves do 2%
Leaves thrown do 3.8%

Plant barrier's leaves don't disappear on hit, undulate out, and deal 3% and 4.2%. In exchange, it takes longer to startup (I want to say you act on frame 75 or so) and it goes about the length of a lemon when thrown. It disappears at the same time from initial button press though. Oh, also the leaves can't jab lock due to having a 60° launch angle instead of a Sakurai angle.

I think that sounds about right. People are saying the fact that time between being able to act and it disappearing being shorter is a benefit for plant barrier, but that's dumb.

Wait. Yeah, I'm right. Plant barrier takes longer to startup, and does more damage. Also moves slower as a projectile with the exact range of a pellet.

Plant barrier is better in advantage, for when you can use it to trap landings or pressure or something. Leaf shield is a better neutral tool due to its versatility (able to be thrown at long range for when people run away) and faster startup. Plant barrier helps you in disadvantage more, but you have to find a way to get it up first (twss).

Edit harder: leaf shield allows you to act immediately if you start it at the apex of a FH>DJ while Plant Barrier allows you to act immediately if you start it at the apex of a rush>DJ.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Wow. I miss playing Mega Man on 3ds. When you land a really hard hit, the red lightning is gigantic and it fills the screen.

This is how I fell in love with utilt.

Man. Ridley looks ugly. Sick mod though. Too bad Sakurai is still in charge (Which means no Ridley for Smash. Dammit)

Last edited:
Top Bottom