• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lucario's bair makes me cry when I try Greninja's fair after. They take the same time to start and are fairly similar moves in general, but Lucario's bair kills at like half the percent and is a lot safer (if not completely safe) on shield (dear god the pushback). I'm sure it doesn't have Greninja's blind spot either, though to be fair Greninja's has more range at least.

Sry. I don't take opinions of those people who refuse to be my second counterpart

NERD :4diddy:
I-I'll never be the Hah to your Hoo!!!

The one who makes the face at the computer and then sips the drink
isn't it like, illegal to be in this thread and not have that image on your clipboard ready to post at any second?

gorl wut r u doin

@ Lavani Lavani Midwest sucks tbh, there are like no good players around here and all of them play mediocre characters. The best player I know isn't even that good and he plays Marth
Try no players in general, I have nobody in my area to play friendlies with and would have to drive halfway across the state to attend a monthly tournament if I wanted to go. Which I probably don't, since I'm pretty bad too and have nobody to practice with offline (or a Wii U to practice with a Gamecube controller) so...

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Around 20-30% on lighter characters and 35-45% for heavy characters. Lucina starts at 26% for example.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Playing with the jabs with knockback growth I mentioned last night. Most of these aren't until really late percents (likely varies significantly between characters), but they do true combo according to the training combo counter eventually, and are usable at earlier percents as well (Palutena's stuff is a testament to this)

:4charizard:Jab1>Jab2>Fly (~180% v Greninja)
:4wario2:Jab1>dtilt, Jab1>DA (~110% v Fox)
:4rob:Jab1>usmash (~225% v Fox), jab1>dtilt, jab1>grab
:4dk:Jab1>utilt (~140% v Fox, kills!)
:4samus:Jab1>DA (~105% v Fox)
:4palutena:Jab1>Jab1 (~110% v Fox), Jab1>DA (~130% v Fox), Jab1>Usmash (~200% v Fox) (note: She seems to be able to cancel her jab into other standing attacks earlier than into dash/jump/crouch? Might be my eyes playing tricks on me, but DA comboing later than jab1 supports it...)
:4yoshi:Jab1>downB (~120% fastfallers only)

This should probably be going in a different thread but idk where lol, so I guess yew gorls get it.

EDIT: I'd imagine rage would have a substantial effect in lowering the percents these begin comboing at in a real match too, something else to consider. Even jabs with a "lot" of KBG don't scale up that quickly due to it being a multiplier on damage.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I've actually posted a few of my covers on my Youtube channel and Facebook page, if you and the other gorls want to have a listen. Will post a few of my stuff here, but feel free to stalk my page if you want to hear more. :^)

*shameless self-promotion intensifies*
LiSA's "Rising Hope" - The Irregular at Magic High School Opening

Touhou 8 - Gensokyo Millennium- History of the Moon
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=349907511819360&set=vr.349907511819360&type=2&theater

"Connect" - Claris - Puella Magi Madoka Magica Opening
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=418052335004877&set=vr.418052335004877&type=2&theater
Finally got a chance to listen to these, DAYUM gurl yew got skillz

My performance for class today didn't cause anyone to run away so there's that yea

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Finally got a chance to listen to these, DAYUM gurl yew got skillz

My performance for class today didn't cause anyone to run away so there's that yea
Congrats on your performance~

Hope it looked as classy as this. c:

btw this anime is amazing, gorls

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Congrats on your performance~

Hope it looked as classy as this. c:

btw this anime is amazing, gorls
Wasn't classy at all tbh, but it was ugly AF which works for me :p

(I'll upload the performance onto Soundcloud & link here so you see what I mean)

Isn't the name of that anime something to do with April or something IDK

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Wasn't classy at all tbh, but it was ugly AF which works for me :p

(I'll upload the performance onto Soundcloud & link here so you see what I mean)

Isn't the name of that anime something to do with April or something IDK
Can't wait to hear them~

AND YES IT'S CALLED YOUR LIE IN APRIL AND IT'S THE BEEEEST

It also features best grill. :3

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Playing with Farore's Windfall for the first time since October. Up throw → Windfall is honestly the most enjoyable thing I have ever done in smash 4 (true combos also!). Actually, anything that involves this move is fun. I love bouncing people off the stage like a bouncing ball haha.
Can yew test with passion? I found some interesting and useful things with it. I learned that it is a great edgeguard tool. If they airdodge then the windbox will pull them under the stage and ruin their recover and if they don't they'll just get hit. I think it might be good

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Of course, the more the better! @ Fernosaur Fernosaur and I can doodle up some art or something for player transitions also. I am usually lazy when making my videos so idk if I want to be in charge of that lol.
I'm usually too busy and don't know how to edit video so I don't think I can be in charge of that either :p

Does anyone have that gif of that anime girl sipping the drink? I need it...for science.
Whenever you gorls need that gif, click on my username. I have the url as my profile status :p

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm usually too busy and don't know how to edit video so I don't think I can be in charge of that either :p

Whenever you gorls need that gif, click on my username. I have the url as my profile status :p
Hey fern I think we should stop rejection and move on to passion. I'm discovering a lot of useful things with it.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I've actually posted a few of my covers on my Youtube channel and Facebook page, if you and the other gorls want to have a listen. Will post a few of my stuff here, but feel free to stalk my page if you want to hear more. :^)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=349907511819360&set=vr.349907511819360&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=418052335004877&set=vr.418052335004877&type=2&theater
I only saw this now!! These are awesome, man. I wish I could play the piano at all :c

Hey fern I think we should stop rejection and move on to passion. I'm discovering a lot of useful things with it.
Sure! Just start posting the things you find in the lab and I'll add it to the op :)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have an essay that I need to get done by Friday and instead of working on it I spend my whole afternoon making a Greninja montage for youtube.

I sure have my priorities straight.

Oh well at least it's done.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I have an essay that I need to get done by Friday and instead of working on it I spend my whole afternoon making a Greninja montage for youtube.

I sure have my priorities straight.

Oh well at least it's done.
I have community service all week and my math midterm. Yet I'm hanging at starbucks instead. Procrastination. It's a beautiful thing

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The temperature here is finally above 0℃!
It's sooooo warm...
6℃ feels t-shirt and short temperatures now.
I know right?

It was 8℃ here yesterday (it was -23℃ earlier in the week...) and when I went out for a walk I was sweating in a t-shirt lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I didn't realize until now that :4drmario:'s Soaring Tornado is even stronger than the default on top of having the recovery boost and fraudulently meaty hitbox. This thing kills offstage at like <40% wtf

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I didn't realize until now that :4drmario:'s Soaring Tornado is even stronger than the default on top of having the recovery boost and fraudulently meaty hitbox. This thing kills offstage at like <40% wtf
Did you miss ZeRo showing off Dr. Mario's customs? I know he uses Soaring Tornado and Gust Sheet: http://youtu.be/aup6-6hxIm0.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I was told to come here by some crazy moderator. Is this the circlejerk of Zelda players? ;3
Hiiii new person!

As for sweet spot tips...well, it just kinda comes with time. You just get used to them. Wish I could help you more, but that's all your can really think of, lol.
I accidentally went ham on a random Pit in for glory. I felt really bad because I'm pretty sure they were semi-new to the game. Was a pretty nifty kill though lol.

We should make a video of all the Zeldas on smashboards. It would be fabulous! Also, Sakurai why can't we share Wii-U replays yet? I would love the option to not have my videos look like they were recorded with a potato.
I would be up for this! I just need to get replays that aren't just random silliness with friends, lol. Maybe I should play extra flashy today to get material...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Did you miss ZeRo showing off Dr. Mario's customs? I know he uses Soaring Tornado and Gust Sheet: http://youtu.be/aup6-6hxIm0.
I stopped watching ZeRo's stuff a long time ago. Even then...what's shown there isn't much beyond what the default Dr. Tornado can do.

Meanwhile I went to try it out with max rage just now and killed a Fox CPU with a 2-use-staled Tornado at 13% :4drmario:

Ignore this post.
Hah, you'd like that, wouldn't you? Well TOO BAD.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Do Greninja's dthrow, fthrow, and bthrow have a use? Fthrow and bthrow appear to be bad and nothing seems to combo from dthrow so idk.

_____

Regarding the Lightning Kicks:
Just practice the sweetspots is literally the best advice any of us can give you. You'll get it down with time, trust me. It's gotten to the point for me where I can usually sweetspot a kick at any given moment.

also here's this gem:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Do Greninja's dthrow, fthrow, and bthrow have a use? Fthrow and bthrow appear to be bad and nothing seems to combo from dthrow so idk.
D-Throw -> Shadow Sneak is a great frame trap if the opponent airdodges after the throw. From my experience they tend to do that a lot.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Fthrow sets up nicely for a water shuriken followup but is mostly for positioning. Bthrow is also for positioning, and does more damage than fthrow. Dthrow is weird and has nothing guaranteed off of it, but at low percents if they miss the tech you can start a lock/combo with perfect pivot ftilt/utilt, and at higher percents there are mixups you can do off of it depending on whether or not they airdodge.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Lol, I just killed a Link on FG with ROB's UThrow at 108% (he ended up at 120%). I was at 124%, but still. Link is heavy.
I didn't really expect it to kill. I just threw it out on the off chance it did.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Fthrow sets up nicely for a water shuriken followup but is mostly for positioning. Bthrow is also for positioning, and does more damage than fthrow. Dthrow is weird and has nothing guaranteed off of it, but at low percents if they miss the tech you can start a lock/combo with perfect pivot ftilt/utilt, and at higher percents there are mixups you can do off of it depending on whether or not they airdodge.
Wait, perfect pivoting is actually useful? Should I learn it?

D-Throw -> Shadow Sneak is a great frame trap if the opponent airdodges after the throw. From my experience they tend to do that a lot.
With SS, should I be using the backwards kick one or the flip thing? I think the kick less laggy so is it better or something?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

With SS, should I be using the backwards kick one or the flip thing? I think the kick less laggy so is it better or something?
The back kick is stronger than the flip, if I understood your question right, I often just use the flip anyway and it works well enough.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
With Greninja, I'd say it's worth learning. PP utilt in particular is really good, and as mentioned PP ftilt at low percents sets up locks off failed techs. I'm sure there's other uses for it (particularly defensively), I don't bother with it because I can't do attacks afterward on 3DS, my hands are too slow.

...the example Vine I wanted to link got deleted. But dtilt>dtilt>dthrow>pp ftilt>dtilt>pp utilt>usmash is a string at 0% and does 57%

The back kick is stronger with a larger hitbox, the lag is the same. The main issue with the back kick is it's usually more telegraphed in most situations. I never plan which kick to go for, it usually ends up being the flip kick for convenience.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to do when I get a perfect shield?
Apparently you're able to attack immediately out of it. Is that because of no shield stun and you're attacking them while they're recovering?

Also, is it possible react when you get a perfect shield or is it anticipation?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Because I like to post semi-random things, does anybody remember how good the soundtrack to the original Plants vs. Zombies was?

PvZ2 is okay (they changed how it plays a little, but I won't say that's good or bad). But they lost a lot of the original development team when EA bought PopCap (which is a shame, I had thought about wanting to work at PopCap in the future but now... probably not). This includes the original composer, Laura Shigihara, who was also the one who sang the theme song "Zombies on Your Lawn." Her tunes were just really good and fit the game perfectly.

The original version had so much charm. It didn't need no storyline, you were just protecting your brainz with some plants from the Doom & Bloom Co. and some advice from your crazy neighbor. I'm miffed that they had to change the original design for the Dancing Zombie and his Backup Dancers because Michael Jackson had to go and die the same year the game was released. The change to the Zomboni's description is less bothersome, but the new one is kind of boring.

Also, the trailer for the game came out on April 1st. That's just perfect.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to do when I get a perfect shield?
Apparently you're able to attack immediately out of it. Is that because of no shield stun and you're attacking them while they're recovering?

Also, is it possible react when you get a perfect shield or is it anticipation?
When you perfect shield, your shieldstun/shielddrop frames become IASA frames and you can cancel them into any attack immediately; Meta Knight's normally safe fsmash could be perfect shield>fsmash punished by Mario, for example.

While you can act out of the hitstun/shielddrop, there's still hitlag so depending on the attack it'd be possible to react to.

Also in Brawl you apparently couldn't fsmash/dsmash out of perfect shield because it would cause to you roll; that isn't the case in 4.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
With Greninja, I'd say it's worth learning. PP utilt in particular is really good, and as mentioned PP ftilt at low percents sets up locks off failed techs. I'm sure there's other uses for it (particularly defensively), I don't bother with it because I can't do attacks afterward on 3DS, my hands are too slow.

...the example Vine I wanted to link got deleted. But dtilt>dtilt>dthrow>pp ftilt>dtilt>pp utilt>usmash is a string at 0% and does 57%

The back kick is stronger with a larger hitbox, the lag is the same. The main issue with the back kick is it's usually more telegraphed in most situations. I never plan which kick to go for, it usually ends up being the flip kick for convenience.
Okay, I'll guess I'll learn PP. It seems to benefit everyone (PP dsmash with Zelda sounds really fun), so it can really only help.
From what it sounds like, I have to change my c-stick to tilts if I want to do PP tilts. If that's true, then that's pretty annoying.

I never really use SS but I was just wondering if one version was inferior or something idk. ty for telling me, though.
___

This isn't really related to anything, but I have this weird quirk where I never use neutral b for some reason. I think it's because I have used Zelda for so long that my brain thinks that if I use neutral b, I'll get punished because NL is pretty laggy. This is especially annoying when I go entire matches as Sheik, Robin, or Greninja and not use their neutral b.

edit:
The original version had so much charm. It didn't need no storyline, you were just protecting your brainz with some plants from the Doom & Bloom Co. and some advice from your crazy neighbor. I'm miffed that they had to change the original design for the Dancing Zombie and his Backup Dancers because Michael Jackson had to go and die the same year the game was released. The change to the Zomboni's description is less bothersome, but the new one is kind of boring.
omg I love Plants vs. Zombies. I played the original one in like 2010 and fell in love with it. The descriptions of all of the plants and zombies were fantastic and were probably one of my favorite parts of the game. The different plants were really cool, as were the zombies. I hated the night levels, though. Those were awful.

I have PvZ2 on my phone and I don't like it very much. Idk why, but it's not as fun to me as the original. The PvZ Garden Warfare is a strange departure from the series, but it looks interesting. I'd get it if I had a PS4/Xbox 1.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace

These are really freaking nice. I didn't care for The Irregular at Magic High, but I absolutely adore its OP, and you played it really well. I loovefvweokflmwde Connect so much. u go gurl

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This isn't really related to anything, but I have this weird quirk where I never use neutral b for some reason. I think it's because I have used Zelda for so long that my brain thinks that if I use neutral b, I'll get punished because NL is pretty laggy. This is especially annoying when I go entire matches as Sheik, Robin, or Greninja and not use their neutral b.
I don't think being afraid of neutralB is that bad when playing Greninja lol, it's stupidly laggy and not very rewarding uncharged. I don't throw very many shurikens in a match, and I've watched other Greninjas that seem to ignore the button even more than I do.

Cross-character habits are pretty awful though. Trying to learn Palutena and Lucario together awhile back was awful because Palutena has a great jab and terrible tilts while Lucario has great tilts and a terrible jab. Kept doing ftilt/utilt on Palutena and jabs on Lucario ;_;

EDIT: Oh hey since I mentioned Lucario again

I've been playing with his customs today. Piercing Aura Sphere is actually really cool, I blew it off at first because I heard it was really weak, but it charges super fast, flies really fast, and has disgusting semispike knockback that gimps so hard. Force Palm customs I expected to be bad, and they were still somehow worse than I was expecting. Both counter customs seem awful, Paralyzing Double Team would be really good if it paralyzed for a bit longer though. UpBs I tested forever ago and my opinion hasn't changed much, though I like default Espeed more than Ride the Wind now. RtW's landing lag is much better though, and I don't think it's really outclassed, I just like Espeed's speed and hitbox more.
1111>3111>2111>1121>3121>2121>* imo

EDIT 2: Oh god I just got gust caped while force palming Mario and it ended up slinging me to the ledge before I threw him

Last edited:
Top Bottom