• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 I just bought Ceremonials. It's so good; I take back everything negative I said about it. Florence is a goddess and I worship her.

Breaking Down is soooo good. That song gives me life.

Also, I've been listening to Lungs obsessively. Bird Song, Girl with One Eye, Heavy In Your Arms, Hurricane Drunk, Drumming Song, and Between Two Lungs are my favorites. Every song on the album is flawless, though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I also learned that Kirby absolutely DESTROYS custom Palutena. Almost all of Kirby's moves clank with her tilts and jab, along with removing all the hitboxes on her tilts so their "clank but continue" property is useless and gets her punished. Kirby can duck under jab, grab, and Super Speed, which makes Super Speed and Lightweight completely useless. Palutena's grab in general isn't that great against Kirby as it's so short-ranged, similar to Robin, so Kirby can safely hit her shield. Also, Explosive Flame isn't that great against Kirby as his hurtbox is so small, he has multiple jumps, and he can use Autoreticle from a distance to punish it. Her recovery options are limited, as well. Using Jump Glide or Rocket Jump can easily get her punished, as they don't provide adequate protection from Kirby's attacks. If she goes to use Warp on the ledge, Kirby can D-Air it when the snaps to hit her during the vulnerability frames. Palutena's shield stuff doesn't really threaten Kirby as his frame data is really good.

Happy that I found another good top-tier MU for Kirby, lol.
wat

You sure about that with the tilts? I wouldn't be surprised if it cancels the active hitbox (this would make dtilt behave that way) but utilt/ftilt have multiple hitboxes each. Though all three of her tilts suck anyway so it's w/e

Pally's grab range is actually great, I wouldn't be surprised if she can't grab crouching Kirby though. It's above average compared to most of the cast, even after having her pivot grab nerfed in 1.0.4.

Super Speed double jump airdodge or Lightweight>stuff are safer ways for her to recover; I don't really like Jump Glide for its vulnerability in general but it's probably her best upB in the MU if she can recover high or yomi bair for necessary invuln, Warp has its obvious vulnerabilities as you said and Rocket Jump is the stylish-but-impractical option that probably isn't preferred for any MU but is cool and silly.

Not saying he doesn't give her trouble (it wouldn't surprise me), just wanting to clear things up.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Thank you!
Not entirely new here, Just don't use smashboards very often. I was an active zelda main in brawl and continuing with Wii U so hai everyone \o

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Don't let the Penissism get to you! You need to get your optimism and confidence together! You're probably going to do just fine. Take a break for a bit then come back and hopefully you'll do well enough with your practice.

Good luck for your performance tomorrow!
Cheers sis! The performance isn't too big of a deal, but it would be nice if I get into the mindset of doing something decent if you know what I mean.

@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 I just bought Ceremonials. It's so good; I take back everything negative I said about it. Florence is a goddess and I worship her.

Breaking Down is soooo good. That song gives me life.

Also, I've been listening to Lungs obsessively. Bird Song, Girl with One Eye, Heavy In Your Arms, Hurricane Drunk, Drumming Song, and Between Two Lungs are my favorites. Every song on the album is flawless, though.
Good gurl. Now that you have repented your sins against Ceremonials you are eternally forgiven. :p I should really give Lungs another spin, but like piano practice & I kinda need to listen to Steven Wilson's new record sometime soon so yea :3

-Lurking on here-
HI VEN GURL! :D

@CPU 3 btw I managed to get The Postal Service record yesterday thank you based sis for the rec 500 pages ago!

Last edited:

Zeito

Smash Rookie
Thank you!
Not entirely new here, Just don't use smashboards very often. I was an active zelda main in brawl and continuing with Wii U so hai everyone \o
Nice! What do you think about the new Zelda on Wii U? I've been talking with @Fernousaur about how Zelda kicks were screwed and they just connect when THE DRAMA IS PRESENT.

Still she is a strong gorl.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Tbh. In brawl majority of my kills were from kicks and I LOVEEEE THE WII U version because all the tricks I tried to do in brawl, work in Wii U. So Yas hunty. They're easier to land in Wii U imo.

Last edited:
I think I've been training my Robin more than my Shulk since my last tournament. Need a good secondary for Shulk

Vanilla tuna isn't that bad

/randomthoughts

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm really finding it hard to do improv on the piano because everything I'm playing today has been absolute ****e ;_;

Plus I have to perform for my class tomorrow which makes me more deflated ;_;

/dearpianodiary
I'm so bad at improv on piano too... ; w ;

But the more you practice chord progressions and stuff, it gets easier as it goes. I've somewhat got some anime opening songs improv on the spot, albeit it's pretty bad but my buds seem to enjoy it.

Don't give up~

But the more you practice chord progressions and stuff, it gets easier as it goes. I've somewhat got some anime opening songs improv on the spot, albeit it's pretty bad but my buds seem to enjoy it.

Don't give up~
Ditto to the max

Pulling off You Will Know our Names on piano feels amazing
She really isn't, but she'll feel like she is if you go back to her after playing with customs.

I think she's pretty cool though.
Her b-air is my love. Hehe

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
She really isn't, but she'll feel like she is if you go back to her after playing with customs.

I think she's pretty cool though.
she's just limited. That's why I dropped her as a main, meta knight and pit just have so much more. But I still play Palutena some, because I don't want to drop her entirely, I wish she'd be my other main. But play her, because the more people who play her, the better she'll get. Problem is people hate how she feels at first so they drop her pretty early entirely.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is smart or not, nor do I know if other Pollutena's do this, but sometimes I'll just do SH dair, it catches people by surprise sometimes, but I think it's pretty easily punished if whiffed. I haven't got much experience playing against Pollutena myself, but I always try to find cool things with her.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Her b-air is my love. Hehe
THE BAIR OF TRUTH :4palutena:

Whenever I use it I can bairly contain my joy~♪

she's just limited. That's why I dropped her as a main, meta knight and pit just have so much more. But I still play Palutena some, because I don't want to drop her entirely, I wish she'd be my other main. But play her, the more people do, the better she'll get. Problem is people hate how she feels at first so they drop her pretty early entirely.
Yeah, her limited options are the only reason I'm not making more of an effort to play her myself. I still feel kinda like she could end up being a secondary for me though, the stuff she does do right she does so well, and you aren't going to find anything like her bair anywhere else in the cast.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
wat

You sure about that with the tilts? I wouldn't be surprised if it cancels the active hitbox (this would make dtilt behave that way) but utilt/ftilt have multiple hitboxes each. Though all three of her tilts suck anyway so it's w/e

Pally's grab range is actually great, I wouldn't be surprised if she can't grab crouching Kirby though. It's above average compared to most of the cast, even after having her pivot grab nerfed in 1.0.4.

Super Speed double jump airdodge or Lightweight>stuff are safer ways for her to recover; I don't really like Jump Glide for its vulnerability in general but it's probably her best upB in the MU if she can recover high or yomi bair for necessary invuln, Warp has its obvious vulnerabilities as you said and Rocket Jump is the stylish-but-impractical option that probably isn't preferred for any MU but is cool and silly.

Not saying he doesn't give her trouble (it wouldn't surprise me), just wanting to clear things up.
I'll go back and tests the tilts later, but all the hitboxes are removed once Kirby clanks with them, including new ones. Palutena can't grab crouching Kirby, no. I didn't know her grab range was so good, but she has trouble shield grabbing Kirby if he spaces properly for some reason. Super Speed DJ AD works well, yeah, but that's pretty telegraphed so Kirby can punish her landing most of the times. Palutena can't recover high when using Jump Glide as Upper Cutter exists, lol.

Question: Can aerials clank with grounded moves? Kirby's aerials clank with her tilts for some odd reason, but I didn't even know aerials clanked with anything. Neither of the moves actually stop, but it has the little clank animation in the middle when they collide, while all her tilt hitboxes go away.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Those had to be the most fun games I've played in a while if you take out my matches with @ Spirst Spirst (because fighting Pac-Man is just too fun).

You have a really, REALLY good Peach and WFT. As far as I know, those should be your mains. The other characters you went to, Lucina included, really weren't that great as Peach and WFT. If you're ever gonna decide to stick to a main, go with those two. In terms of critique/advice, you need to mix it up more. At first I was struggling to deal with the floating D-Air until I started ducking under it and attacking you from the front in the air instead of the ground, where the hitbox doesn't cover you. Also, you resorted to using air dodge out of hitstun a lot, which got you punished multiple times.

I also learned that Kirby absolutely DESTROYS custom Palutena. Almost all of Kirby's moves clank with her tilts and jab, along with removing all the hitboxes on her tilts so their "clank but continue" property is useless and gets her punished. Kirby can duck under jab, grab, and Super Speed, which makes Super Speed and Lightweight completely useless. Palutena's grab in general isn't that great against Kirby as it's so short-ranged, similar to Robin, so Kirby can safely hit her shield. Also, Explosive Flame isn't that great against Kirby as his hurtbox is so small, he has multiple jumps, and he can use Autoreticle from a distance to punish it. Her recovery options are limited, as well. Using Jump Glide or Rocket Jump can easily get her punished, as they don't provide adequate protection from Kirby's attacks. If she goes to use Warp on the ledge, Kirby can D-Air it when the snaps to hit her during the vulnerability frames. Palutena's shield stuff doesn't really threaten Kirby as his frame data is really good.

Happy that I found another good top-tier MU for Kirby, lol.
Thanks your kirby is amazing, it's definitely tournament ready. I've learned why kirby is wii fits worst MU. Also apparently, flower bomber autocancels. Great kirby though, yew should really consider tournaments. That was probably one of the best kirbys I've ever seen.

Welcome @ |ven| |ven|
I'm not a zelda main anymore. But welcome come anytime.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I've officially picked up Palutena now but I don't want to post in the Palutena boards after everyone got mad at our raid lmao
I don't post there, nor really anywhere but here because I'd rather read, but they seem to be trying really hard to get her developed. But from my experiences with her, just don't stop playing her. I feel like I need to encourage everyone I know who wants to play her, because as I've said before people drop her without giving her a chance.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I can do it for yew.
Lol thanks but it's ok. I'll just post whenever I feel like I can lend info on something. I don't think they'll get mad at me for being helpful.
I don't post there, nor really anywhere but here because I'd rather read, but they seem to be trying really hard to get her developed. But from my experiences with her, just don't stop playing her. I feel like I need to encourage everyone I know who wants to play her, because as I've said before people drop her without giving her a chance.
Oh that's great to hear! She has a lot of potential w/ customs, so it's nice to see they're really advancing her metagame. Thx for telling me.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Watching NeoNebulous. Did not know Diddy's upB had more than enough recovery potential to cross under Smashville from a ledge drop without double jumping or anything.

****s given about Timber Counter on the ledge: 0

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
UGGGGGGGH! WHY ISN'T WOLF IN THIS GAME?! I would co-main the **** out of him and Falco... Oh well, I guess I'll stick with Ike and Ganondorf as my secondaries and Fox, Pit, Mega Man, Captain Falcon, Toon Link, Sonic, Dr. Mario, *names off everyone in the game except Mii Fighters, Villager, Olimar, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Triple D, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Duck Hunt, ROB, Diddy, DK, Mario, ... you get the point.* :p

Edit: Fox is disgustingly easy to play as in pretty much all the SSB games.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Zhime getting to work with PM Zelda. Neat stuff. (Starts at around 1:16)

The clip after is Nair0 rocking the WAIFUS tag, ahhh yeeeeaaaah. Tryin' to get that Zero Skill Spamus to work.

... But then Mario though. Conclusion: he chose the wrong waifu. :/

Last edited:

Spirst

@ Lavani Lavani
Oh, almost forgot.
Since I know you love these, I have another customs Pac gif for you that I made earlier. And yeah, it true combos.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

Don't give up~
Thanks sis!

I should really try to add in some sort of chord progressions sometimes. I just play random notes & it always sounds like a ****ty Debussy piece but there are times where I'm pretty happy about the result. Though my guitar teacher showed me some sort of weird jazz theory(?) named "Modal Interchange" (which sounds metal as ****) & it's metal as ****, but I haven't really tried it out much yet (but when I do, every Taylor Swift song will be totally ****ed up) :p

I hope you don't mind, but I would love to hear some of your improv stuff sometime :)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Most early jabs in multi jab combos have weight-based (fixed) knockback. Some like Palutena, Yoshi, Link, Sheik and Dedede (note: all five are characters with jab cancel combos) have standard knockback growth on their jab1 and/or jab2. I made a list of jabs with knockback growth, which may or may not have any importance but might correlate to other characters with underexplored jab cancel options due to them not working (as well) until later percents:

:4charizard:(jab2):4dedede::4dk::4falco::4fox::4greninja::4kirby:(weak growth):4roy:(p.sure jab>usmash is a thing eventually):4link:(weak growth on jab2, stronger growth jab1):4littlemac::4lucario::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::4villagerf::4ness::4darkpit::4pit::4jigglypuff::4robinf::4rob::4samus::4sheik:(jab2):4tlink::4wario::4yoshi:

So, yeah. That is there.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thanks sis!

I should really try to add in some sort of chord progressions sometimes. I just play random notes & it always sounds like a ****ty Debussy piece but there are times where I'm pretty happy about the result. Though my guitar teacher showed me some sort of weird jazz theory(?) named "Modal Interchange" (which sounds metal as ****) & it's metal as ****, but I haven't really tried it out much yet (but when I do, every Taylor Swift song will be totally ****ed up) :p

I hope you don't mind, but I would love to hear some of your improv stuff sometime :)
I've actually posted a few of my covers on my Youtube channel and Facebook page, if you and the other gorls want to have a listen. Will post a few of my stuff here, but feel free to stalk my page if you want to hear more. :^)

*shameless self-promotion intensifies*
LiSA's "Rising Hope" - The Irregular at Magic High School Opening

Touhou 8 - Gensokyo Millennium- History of the Moon
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=349907511819360&set=vr.349907511819360&type=2&theater

"Connect" - Claris - Puella Magi Madoka Magica Opening
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=418052335004877&set=vr.418052335004877&type=2&theater

Spirst

Personally, I think this dance is superior.

edit: Oh god, pairing this gif with the music from the video...

Last edited:
Top Bottom