• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Battle Spot Singles is so bad you shouldn't play it. I mean, like, really you shouldn't. It's better to play that in double battle format.
I guess I'll find out why later today.

Doubles/Triples were never really my thing, though I can definitely understand why most people prefer doubles.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I just came back from our grocery store's annual food show where you get to try loads of organic gourmet hipster food that my middle class unemployed self wouldn't even be able to try otherwise.

I run the trolliest sets in Pokemon. One classic example is of my Serene Grace Blissey, Cthulhu, that runs
Dazzling Gleam/Flamethrower/Charge Beam/Substitute. If only Blissey could learn Scald smh.

Soul.

I guess I'll find out why later today.

Doubles/Triples were never really my thing, though I can definitely understand why most people prefer doubles.
In Doubles you'll find more skilled players because of VGC and stuff. Not sure about Triples.
If I wanted to play Singles I'd go to Showdown/PO

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
GGs @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 that was fun. Hahah I didn't expect meta knight. It got pretty laggy. So any DK or Peach advice?
My MK is pretty free haha.

Don't know much about Peach, but I know for certain is that DK really wants capitalize on opponent ledge options. He has great tilts and grab that can punish many ledge options, and I don't think you did enough to make it scary for me to get back on stage. I think it's best to try and maximize the possibilities of punishing the regular get up, the roll get up and the jump option. DK is most scary in this part of the stage IMO.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I really want Blissey to learn Final Gambit, so one time I ran a Choice Scarf Blissey with Copycat to go right after my Accelgor. It was glorious.

Yes, I'm that kind of player. Other sets I've run:
Taunt Nidoking
Special Ferrothorn (kind of sucked tbh)
Acid Spray Tentacruel (legit)

I'm a fan of some modded Metagames actually. There was one I played in 5th Gen where Unown's stats were buffed and they got Abilities/Moves to match their letter. I ran Huge Power Unown H with Hone Claws, High Jump Kick, Horn Leech, and Head Smash. Debated using Heart Stamp but it was too weak.

Simple/Shell Smash/Stored Power Unown S was stupid.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:201s::201t::201o::201r::201e::201d: :201p::201o::201w::201e::201r:

Copycat Final Gambit Blissey sounds amazing, but False Swipe Final Gambit Shedinja love taps are the true best way to win.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I'm salty that Dusknoir got Frisk for his HA instead something that would've actually been helpful like Iron Fist. I wish Metronome was a TM/Move Tutor move.

I'm gonna dedicate this page to the RNG Goddess and all her majesty.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
:201s::201t::201o::201r::201e::201d: :201p::201o::201w::201e::201r:

Copycat Final Gambit Blissey sounds amazing, but False Swipe Final Gambit Shedinja love taps are the true best way to win.
I'm pretty sure they went out of their way to give Shedinja Final Gambit.

I also think they went out of their way to not give anything with high HP the move. Victini is currently the winner (100 base) but Accelgor is probaby the bebest user with 80 base HP and 145 base Speed.

Soul.

Back in Gen 5 there was a metagame called Tier Shift which made lower tier Pokémon better with base stat increases.
NU got 15 BST increase.
RU got 10.
UU got 5.
OU got nothing.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Anyone want to help me test out Villager's customs? I'm not too interested in Timber counter if you are scared of that.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Back in Gen 5 there was a metagame called Tier Shift which made lower tier Pokémon better with base stat increases.
NU got 15 BST increase.
RU got 10.
UU got 5.
OU got nothing.
This is still around. Pretty fun, but the ladder isn't too active for it. Stuff like Vivillon, Kyurem and Dragalge are really great in it.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm really finding it hard to do improv on the piano because everything I'm playing today has been absolute ****e ;_;

Plus I have to perform for my class tomorrow which makes me more deflated ;_;

/dearpianodiary

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The worst thing about me picking up Robin is that I have to see the Bronze and Levin swords clip through her sleeve every match I play with her. It annoys me to no end.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GGS @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima omg kirby is a nightmare to play. That was my first good kirby yay. Ahh I should've went lucina since the start. That's my new main now. Hahaha that was fun.
Those had to be the most fun games I've played in a while if you take out my matches with @Spirst (because fighting Pac-Man is just too fun).

You have a really, REALLY good Peach and WFT. As far as I know, those should be your mains. The other characters you went to, Lucina included, really weren't that great as Peach and WFT. If you're ever gonna decide to stick to a main, go with those two. In terms of critique/advice, you need to mix it up more. At first I was struggling to deal with the floating D-Air until I started ducking under it and attacking you from the front in the air instead of the ground, where the hitbox doesn't cover you. Also, you resorted to using air dodge out of hitstun a lot, which got you punished multiple times.

I also learned that Kirby absolutely DESTROYS custom Palutena. Almost all of Kirby's moves clank with her tilts and jab, along with removing all the hitboxes on her tilts so their "clank but continue" property is useless and gets her punished. Kirby can duck under jab, grab, and Super Speed, which makes Super Speed and Lightweight completely useless. Palutena's grab in general isn't that great against Kirby as it's so short-ranged, similar to Robin, so Kirby can safely hit her shield. Also, Explosive Flame isn't that great against Kirby as his hurtbox is so small, he has multiple jumps, and he can use Autoreticle from a distance to punish it. Her recovery options are limited, as well. Using Jump Glide or Rocket Jump can easily get her punished, as they don't provide adequate protection from Kirby's attacks. If she goes to use Warp on the ledge, Kirby can D-Air it when the snaps to hit her during the vulnerability frames. Palutena's shield stuff doesn't really threaten Kirby as his frame data is really good.

Happy that I found another good top-tier MU for Kirby, lol.

Soul.

I also learned that Kirby absolutely DESTROYS custom Palutena. Almost all of Kirby's moves clank with her tilts and jab, along with removing all the hitboxes on her tilts so their "clank but continue" property is useless and gets her punished. Kirby can duck under jab, grab, and Super Speed, which makes Super Speed and Lightweight completely useless. Palutena's grab in general isn't that great against Kirby as it's so short-ranged, similar to Robin, so Kirby can safely hit her shield. Also, Explosive Flame isn't that great against Kirby as his hurtbox is so small, he has multiple jumps, and he can use Autoreticle from a distance to punish it. Her recovery options are limited, as well. Using Jump Glide or Rocket Jump can easily get her punished, as they don't provide adequate protection from Kirby's attacks. If she goes to use Warp on the ledge, Kirby can D-Air it when the snaps to hit her during the vulnerability frames. Palutena's shield stuff doesn't really threaten Kirby as his frame data is really good.
the more you know

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I'm really finding it hard to do improv on the piano because everything I'm playing today has been absolute ****e ;_;

Plus I have to perform for my class tomorrow which makes me more deflated ;_;

/dearpianodiary
Don't let the Penissism get to you! You need to get your optimism and confidence together! You're probably going to do just fine. Take a break for a bit then come back and hopefully you'll do well enough with your practice.

Good luck for your performance tomorrow!

Last edited:
Top Bottom