• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyone play Monster Hunter (3 U)? Some one entered the room and asked how long until the hunt was done; I typed 10-15 mins. 3 mins later they asked how long again. Then the kept typing something to that nature every 3-4 minutes :facepalm:
*sigh*

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Anyone play Monster Hunter (3 U)? Some one entered the room and asked how long until the hunt was done; I typed 10-15 mins. 3 mins later they asked how long again. Then the kept typing something to that nature every 3-4 minutes :facepalm:
*sigh*
I'm surprised people are still playing that game. I haven't played it in forever.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I just watched Kingsman

Holy ****, that movie was really good. Them action scenes (and THAT scene) 8.5/10 imo
I'm glad you liked it. The storyline was pretty good imo, but there was an amount of gratuitous violence and constant F bombing that I wasn't really accustomed to in movies before, and it kind of hurt it for me. :\

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Gorls...

@ Mocha Mocha and I discovered that Din's clanks with Zelda's...
Fair
Bair
Dair
Dtilt
Dsmash
Phantom Slash
---------------------------------
On the bright side, we also found out that SHAD nair (or just the first hit that pops them up if you have good timing) can potentially lead into...
Jab
Utilt
Usmash
Elevator
Fair
Bair
Dair
Uncharged Phantom

METAGAME GO!
I prefer to kill people at 45% myself :awesome:

I'm glad you liked it. The storyline was pretty good imo, but there was an amount of gratuitous violence and constant F bombing that I wasn't really accustomed to in movies before, and it kind of hurt it for me. :\
The violence may have been a bit too much. Gave me the Kick Ass feels of violence (MARV made it so I guess that was expected). The F bombing was tasteless, but I liked it anyway

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Just played against a guy on Roll Glory

And it ended with Falcon dittos where the only move we used was Falcon Punch

It was magnificent :')

Btw picking up Falcon yea
Uh. That might've been me. I did that to someone earlier. I can't quite recall their tag though.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
If you were alternating between Falcon & Zero Skill Spamus in the first few matches,

Then yea that was most likely ye

And GGs :3
Nope, not me. Don't play no spamus. Ggs still I guess lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My only regret is that "Remember the Alomo" is too long for a nickname.

Soul.

Apparently Mega Meta didn't get banned from OU because the required pro-ban percent (60%) wasn't present.
lol. I need to try out OU on Showdown again but VGC.
Guess I'll just do both and steal teams. I'm too lazy to make my own team.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
How do people run Gourgeist these days?

I remember Small being the preferred size for speed, but OU usage for January and February only lists Super with some amount of speed investment and I'm not sure what the goal is.
It got Synthesis from the move tutors recently, so people are leaning towards the bulkier Super form now that it has reliable recovery. Small is still decent-ish and annoying though, but Super is better now.
Lmao Metagrossite remains OU.
GG Smogon.
Ah yes, the one thing that didn't deserve to get banned stayed. And I helped! First Pokemon to survive from an OU suspect test this gen! (Aside from Deo-S, which got banned in a later suspect anyway)

I got an online match in with Naryu's Passion on Smashladder, but having never faced a Link online before, I wasn't prepared for the projectile spam on top of the lag. Naryu's Love or Rejection would have helped a bit, but I couldn't remember the sets for my other nine slots. I still recorded the first match even if it wasn't the greatest. I'm just glad that my opponent allowed me to test customs with him/her, so thanks to whoever you were even though you were throwing projectiles out of the ass most of the time smh.

Soul.

It got Synthesis from the move tutors recently, so people are leaning towards the bulkier Super form now that it has reliable recovery. Small is still decent-ish and annoying though, but Super is better now.

Ah yes, the one thing that didn't deserve to get banned stayed. And I helped! First Pokemon to survive from an OU suspect test this gen! (Aside from Deo-S, which got banned in a later suspect anyway)

I got an online match in with Naryu's Passion on Smashladder, but having never faced a Link online before, I wasn't prepared for the projectile spam on top of the lag. Naryu's Love or Rejection would have helped a bit, but I couldn't remember the sets for my other nine slots. I still recorded the first match even if it wasn't the greatest. I'm just glad that my opponent allowed me to test customs with him/her, so thanks to whoever you were even though you were throwing projectiles out of the *** most of the time smh.
Dunno if they're going to suspect Mega Meta again. I think Smogon should take a break from suspect tests and let their metagame level off. It's kinda why I barely play OU lol.
Also why does every Link have to have lag. That makes no sense 2me.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Gen 6 OU be like

Gen 5 OU be like

Gen 4 OU be like

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Scarf Tyrantrum isn't as good as I was expecting, I was hoping it'd have enough power to ohko things it hit neutrally but a lot of stuff seems to barely survive. Guess I should either consider band or adamant nature (wanted jolly for outspeeding base 130 though...).

Drain Punch Slurpuff is silly. Not really a fan of Belly Drum sets, but it gets the job done. Thinking about running Thief in slot 4 so it can steal leftovers mid-sweep or something. (EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's gonna get walled by Aegislash/Gengar without Thief...)

Kind of afraid to go on Battle Spot, I'm expecting teams full of perfect shiny legendaries lol

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Gen 6: Priority the game, movie, sequel, reprint, and remastered. Now with 100% more birds of bravery, jets de aqua, punches faster than a bullet, and speeds too extreme for even sonic. Also we ban something every month because why not, we'll eventually get it fixed. Better use that mega evolution while you have a chance!
Gen 5: Weather wars. Because sometimes you just need a reason to run thunder on Tyranitar am I right? :awesome:
Gen 4: Just throw Garchomps at everything. She is a strong black dragon that don't need no man support.

I miss gen 4, D/P/PT/HG/SS were the best in the series imo.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Scarf Tyrantrum isn't as good as I was expecting, I was hoping it'd have enough power to ohko things it hit neutrally but a lot of stuff seems to barely survive. Guess I should either consider band or adamant nature (wanted jolly for outspeeding base 130 though...).

Drain Punch Slurpuff is silly. Not really a fan of Belly Drum sets, but it gets the job done. Thinking about running Thief in slot 4 so it can steal leftovers mid-sweep or something. (EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's gonna get walled by Aegislash/Gengar without Thief...)

Kind of afraid to go on Battle Spot, I'm expecting teams full of perfect shiny legendaries lol
Return and Cotton Guard are generally best in the 4th slot for Slurpuff. Thief is good type coverage, but you lose the speed you get with Unburden if you steal an item. Return lets you get past Poison types while Cotton Guard gives you some protection against priority and can allow you to set up on slower physical attackers. Besides:

+6 252 Atk Slurpuff Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 321-378 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As for Tyrantrum Jolly with Band or Dragon Dance are both great. If you do go with Adamant, you can also use Rock Polish for sweeping.

:109:This thread shall be Little Smogon from now on :) :109:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I need something that has a good type that'll support Aurorus but it's typing is like the Zelda of typing and nothing covers its weaknesses smh
Well, Aurorus isn't all that viable for that reason, but you a combination of Skarmory and Mega Venusaur could work nicely to support it. Skamory covers the Steel and Ground weaknesses while Venu covers the Fighting, Grass and Water weaknesses. Both can take most Rock attacks nicely as well since they have good Defense.

I love Aurorus though. Great design, good stats and interesting abilties and movepool, but terrible terrible typing.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Thief is good type coverage, but you lose the speed you get with Unburden if you steal an item.
Oh, really? That's icky.

I'll try Cotton Guard first I think, then Return if that doesn't pan out.

As for Tyrantrum Jolly with Band or Dragon Dance are both great. If you do go with Adamant, you can also use Rock Polish for sweeping.
See, my original plan back in 2013 was to use scarf tyrantrum as soon as Rock Head Tyrantrum was available, because it's the fastest Head Smash user (iirc) and I thought for sure it'd have enough atk(+ STAB) backing it to make it an amazing revenge killer, or even just a spam-to-win button against frailer teams once resistant threats were gone. Sadly it seems I overestimated its power...kinda surprised, but even Adamant can't ohko Dragonite through Multiscale. I don't really think I need another setup sweeper and I'd probably prefer something like Dragonite for band, so I guess he'll get to sit in my PC for awhile.

Soul.

Scarf Tyrantrum isn't good. Band is better. Dragon Dance would be better if it had setup opportunities.... does it? I'm pretty sure it has them in lower tiers.

Gen 6: Priority the game, movie, sequel, reprint, and remastered. Now with 100% more birds of bravery, jets de aqua, punches faster than a bullet, and speeds too extreme for even sonic. Also we ban something every month because why not, we'll eventually get it fixed. Better use that mega evolution while you have a chance!
Gen 5: Weather wars. Because sometimes you just need a reason to run thunder on Tyranitar am I right? :awesome:
Gen 4: Just throw Garchomps at everything. She is a strong black dragon that don't need no man support.

I miss gen 4, D/P/PT/HG/SS were the best in the series imo.
Bro, you're not alone lol. Gen 4 was the GOAT. I miss it too.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Scarf Tyrantrum isn't good. Band is better. Dragon Dance would be better if it had setup opportunities.... does it? I'm pretty sure it has them in lower tiers.
Talonflame's Brave Bird/Flare Blitz aren't going to threaten it at all, so there's that. Will-o-Wisp Talonflame will make it cry though.

That's about all that comes to mind off the top of my head, but there's probably other stuff it can come in on and scare out (does M-Manectric's HP Ice even scare it off?)

Soul.

Talonflame's Brave Bird/Flare Blitz aren't going to threaten it at all, so there's that. Will-o-Wisp Talonflame will make it cry though.

That's about all that comes to mind off the top of my head, but there's probably other stuff it can come in on and scare out (does M-Manectric's HP Ice even scare it off?)
Burns are bad in general lol.
also
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tyrantrum: 206-244 (67.3 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It's a 2HKO. Stealth Rock doesn't do anything here.

Soul.

3DS?
Also Clash Tournaments is streaming a custom move (lol) tournament on Twitch.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just had the most clutch victory ever against a Sheik and my god did I get nervous. The MU can get bad for Greninja very fast if you lose your patience.

Also I can play you after I finish having lunch, Hunter.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I guess it isn't any different than it's always been lol

Match 1: Mewtwo/Charizard/Mega Lucario. My Breloom swept them all.
Match 2: Dugtrio/something/Aggron. Mienshao swept.
Match 3: M-Garde/Gengar/idk. Stone Edged M-Garde while they Calm Minded, then Stone Edged their Gengar for an OHKO on the switch and they d/c'd lol
Match 4: Lickilicky/Yveltal/Mewtwo. Lickilicky predictably Exploded on my M-Garde, Talonflame died Brave Birding Yveltal who Breloom revenge killed with sash intact, then Mewtwo died to Rock Tomb+Bullet seed lol

Of course that isn't rated battles, which are probably gonna be different...but I guess as long as Prankster Swagger teams are less of a thing that can only be positive.

Soul.

I guess it isn't any different than it's always been lol

Match 1: Mewtwo/Charizard/Mega Lucario. My Breloom swept them all.
Match 2: Dugtrio/something/Aggron. Mienshao swept.
Match 3: M-Garde/Gengar/idk. Stone Edged M-Garde while they Calm Minded, then Stone Edged their Gengar for an OHKO on the switch and they d/c'd lol
Match 4: Lickilicky/Yveltal/Mewtwo. Lickilicky predictably Exploded on my M-Garde, Talonflame died Brave Birding Yveltal who Breloom revenge killed with sash intact, then Mewtwo died to Rock Tomb+Bullet seed lol

Of course that isn't rated battles, which are probably gonna be different...but I guess as long as Prankster Swagger teams are less of a thing that can only be positive.
Battle Spot Singles is so bad you shouldn't play it. I mean, like, really you shouldn't. It's better to play that in double battle format.

Top Bottom