• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'd love the bowling ball if only its start up was x999 times faster
Well...It's a very quick move in terms of endlag for a smash attack so if that was the case it would be almost pure stupidity. Granted, I would indeed love it. :p

I don't really think it's made for use on stage, it was probably made for edgegauding/grounded opponents.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My favorite move is Peach's Jab. She literally ***** slaps you. :laugh:

I hate Villager's Side Smash, though. Damn bowling ball. :glare:
My favorite moves from Peach are uair and uthrow xD For uair, she makes you #TASTETHERAINBOW. and for Uthrow, it's just so like, different from all her other throws. She just pushes you up into the sky like "GET THE **** AWAY FROM ME"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like vegetable. She throws vegetables, at the opponent. Nothing beats that
Villager beats people up trees and turnips, Pac-Man throws fruit and various Atari stuff at people along with a hydrant, and Mr. Game & Watch burns you with bacon. What about them?

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I love Villager just because of how trolly he is. That and the fact that all of them look like precocious murderous little children. The bowling ball edgeguard is one of the best things that's happened to Smash Bros. imo.

I love Villager's bowling ball just bc of this:
(idk if you guys care about language but just be warned there's a curse word in this video)
I mean come on look at this~ <3

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
You want to talk about smashes with slow startup but fast recovery?

:4gaw:

His USmash is one of the slowest in the game (if not THE slowest) but it's safe on shield despite its tiny hit box because the recovery time is miniscule. His other smashes are also quick to recover but slow to come out. I do think they're a little on the weak side for how slow they are though. They don't have to be Brawl strong but shave about 5-10% off their KO percents please.

I've been playing a bit of Smash Run and it's crazy fun. @ Lavani Lavani I don't know what progress you've made on collecting every custom but I can usually get two per run.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Villager beats people up trees and turnips, Pac-Man throws fruit and various Atari stuff at people along with a hydrant, and Mr. Game & Watch burns you with bacon. What about them?
Any move that has to do with the character attacking with food is probably my favorite move from that character

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
My favorite moves from Peach are uair and uthrow xD For uair, she makes you #TASTETHERAINBOW. and for Uthrow, it's just so like, different from all her other throws. She just pushes you up into the sky like "GET THE **** AWAY FROM ME"
That rainbow is amazing, I like to knock people up to the ceiling and then float back and forth tryna catch them with it and juggle them.
I juggled this player with it five times and KOed them tuu, it was so funny mmnph
Petch flavored skittles, #tastetherainbow #feeltherainbowknockyouup

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sounds like you may enjoy using Diddy Kong
For shame, beserker01, we should be trolling with Zelda. After all, this is the Zelda Social. :p

I love Villager just because of how trolly he is. That and the fact that all of them look like precocious murderous little children. The bowling ball edgeguard is one of the best things that's happened to Smash Bros. imo.

I mean come on look at this~ <3
Kids are cruel...

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Best move is :4palutena:'s bair. Like seriously, she just goes around smacking people in the face with her shield and it beats everything. Villager's tree? NOPE. PALUTENA IS JUST LIKE "MHM, NO, GO HOME LITTLE KID." #GoddessOfFright

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You want to talk about smashes with slow startup but fast recovery?

:4gaw:

His USmash is one of the slowest in the game (if not THE slowest) but it's safe on shield despite its tiny hit box because the recovery time is miniscule. His other smashes are also quick to recover but slow to come out. I do think they're a little on the weak side for how slow they are though. They don't have to be Brawl strong but shave about 5-10% off their KO percents please.

I've been playing a bit of Smash Run and it's crazy fun. @ Lavani Lavani I don't know what progress you've made on collecting every custom but I can usually get two per run.
Lots of attacks that are slow to start are quick to end, to be fair. G&W usmash, Meta Knight fsmash, Villager fsmash, Lucario ftilt, Ganondorf usmash...the list goes on.

I'm still missing as many as I was missing last time. I usually get 2~3 customs per run but they're typically repeats (which I guess isn't technically worse than getting 10 repeats in a classic run but eh). I haven't played in about a week because of XY QR code stuff.

Under "best sellers" on the 3DS eShop it had a picture of :4diddy:.

That's right, :4diddy: is officially the face of Smash 4.
Welp.

Welp.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Best move is :4palutena:'s bair. Like seriously, she just goes around smacking people in the face with her shield and it beats everything. Villager's tree? NOPE. PALUTENA IS JUST LIKE "MHM, NO, GO HOME LITTLE KID." #GoddessOfFright
But Greninja's Utilt and Triple D's Dtilt, though. Class T troll moves, there. :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
How do people run Gourgeist these days?

I remember Small being the preferred size for speed, but OU usage for January and February only lists Super with some amount of speed investment and I'm not sure what the goal is.

D

Deleted member

That rainbow is amazing, I like to knock people up to the ceiling and then float back and forth tryna catch them with it and juggle them.
I juggled this player with it five times and KOed them tuu, it was so funny mmnph
Petch flavored skittles, #tastetherainbow #feeltherainbowknockyouup
Ad: "Skittles!: They suddenly make you pregnant!"

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

I remember Small being the preferred size for speed, but OU usage for January and February only lists Super with some amount of speed investment and I'm not sure what the goal is.
Super got a lot better when Gourgeist got Synthesis in ORAS. But I haven't played OU in ages either, lol.

You want a rant?

WHY ISN'T GOURGEIST A SPECIAL ATTACKER? Trevenant (who has an A+ design) is already a physical attacker with a generally better movepool (Gourgeist gets Shadow Sneak and Explosion over Trev and I think that's it). Meanwhile Gourgeist almost looks like a Fairy Type with no obvious physical strength and it is the first Grass Type to get Fire moves. It could seriously run a great SubSeed set and not worry about other Grass types ruining its day since it could roast them with Fire Blast/Flamethrower. But no, we get a Pokémon with 55 or so Special Attack (haven't checked in a while) where its best physical Fire move is Flame Charge (lol). We didn't need two physical Grass/Ghost Pokémon, Game Freak.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Explain Zelda
16f/9f/5f are average-to-quick startups.

Super got a lot better when Gourgeist got Synthesis in ORAS. But I haven't played OU in ages either, lol.

You want a rant?

WHY ISN'T GOURGEIST A SPECIAL ATTACKER? Trevenant (who has an A+ design) is already a physical attacker with a generally better movepool (Gourgeist gets Shadow Sneak and Explosion over Trev and I think that's it). Meanwhile Gourgeist almost looks like a Fairy Type with no obvious physical strength and it is the first Grass Type to get Fire moves. It could seriously run a great SubSeed set and not worry about other Grass types ruining its day since it could roast them with Fire Blast/Flamethrower. But no, we get a Pokémon with 55 or so Special Attack (haven't checked in a while) where its best physical Fire move is Flame Charge (lol). We didn't need two physical Grass/Ghost Pokémon, Game Freak.
Oh right, Synthesis would be better with more HP lol. I guess I was slightly glossing over that (despite mentioning it to someone earlier...), but I'm still unsure what it'd run 68 speed EVs for. I'm guessing nothing relevant to XY, though if I'm playing on cart I should also probably EV to outspeed M-Mawile (or use a different size Gourgeist, I guess).

Yeah I dunno what they were thinking with Gourgeist's stat distribution and movepool. It was really sad seeing people running Fire Blast Gourgeist early in the gen with that pitiful SpAtk, but oh well.

Soul.

Because Smogon is dumb. Clearly.
Small was preferred because it was still bulky but with its Speed boost blah blah blah Will-O this, Will-O that etc.
It probably ran 68 Spe EVs too outspeed stuff slower than it and get a free burn.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It probably ran 68 Spe EVs too outspeed stuff slower than it and get a free burn.
Brilliant deduction, detective.

But what is the important thing it outsped?

E: Large seems to outspeed M-Mawile without investment, so I think I will just run Large over Super/Small unless I find out I'm missing something important with that decision.

Last edited:

Soul.

Brilliant deduction, detective.

But what is the important thing it outsped?
uhh
its base speed is 99 right
um. I guess it wanted to outspeed Pokémon that were close to its speed tier:
(
)

I don't know why was Darm listed here when its most common set was (and still is) Choice Scarf. That and it's immune to burn.
Stuff I forgot: DD Dragonite, Gyarados, Tyranitar. pretty much stuff that is slow and is decently fast after a dragon dance

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Super (base 54) is the one that was running the 68 speed EVs. On an Impish nature.

Dragonite/Gyarados/TTar are pretty real things to consider in favor of small though. Hm...

EDIT: I think it may have been uninvested Scizor. I guess that makes sense.

Last edited:

Soul.

I honestly don't know about Super Gourgeist tbqh. Maybe it wanted to outspeed and burn Mega Mawile/Azumarill or something.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
How I feel half the time when I have to do something for the boards
Me too. Remember that ledge cancel thing I was doing? Yeah.........

@Twili Gorl you better not change that name...jk you can if you want but I will still call you Twili
@ Mocha Mocha Ahh sorry for the late response, I got distracted by a stream. We can start now if you're still up for it.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Me too. Remember that ledge cancel thing I was doing? Yeah.........

@Twili Gorl you better not change that name...jk you can if you want but I will still call you Twili
@ Mocha Mocha Ahh sorry for the late response, I got distracted by a stream. We can start now if you're still up for it.
No worries, stuff comes up all the time for me too. I'll hop on Skype ^^

Zeito

Smash Rookie
5 Consecutive wins on For Glory with Zelda!! I'm so happy!!

PS- I'm still Fern on a Wig

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Gorls...

@ Mocha Mocha and I discovered that Din's clanks with Zelda's...
Fair
Bair
Dair
Dtilt
Dsmash
Phantom Slash
---------------------------------
On the bright side, we also found out that SHAD nair (or just the first hit that pops them up if you have good timing) can potentially lead into...
Jab
Utilt
Usmash
Elevator
Fair
Bair
Dair
Uncharged Phantom

METAGAME GO!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have the weirdest karma with snorlax on SSB4 classic mode. It's been summoned and killed my character 3 times on separate occasions. I can't remember any other summoned pokemon killing me. It pops up and combos you off the top blast zone.
I'm still trying to beat classic on 7+ difficulty with all characters and allstar on normal.

So I just watched Kingsman

Holy ****, that movie was really good. Them action scenes (and THAT scene) 8.5/10 imo

Top Bottom