• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I just found out about all the gen 6 pokes that improved with ORAS...guess it's time to QR code Dragalge, Tyrantrum, and Chesnaught. I guess I'll probably just code myself a new shiny Gourgeist and regular Slurpuff too, it's still easier than trading the ones I already have for someone else to add tutor moves then trade back.

Also got to the Super Singles Chatelaine fight with a party of Klefki/Talonflame/Serperior. Forgot about the Tornadus with Double Team+Substitute. This game is terrible.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
In terms of less-than-the-norm pets, I'd always wanted a tarantula or ball python. Or corn snake. Beautiful creatures, all of them.
Inb4 you all think I'm crazy. :awesome:

you'd be right.
my aunt's a vet so I've heard worse

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why do I get the feeling that Macchiato hates Falco. He's putting lopsided ratios for Palutena and just now, Peach. Is Macchi the A2 of Falco? :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I just found out about all the gen 6 pokes that improved with ORAS...guess it's time to QR code Dragalge, Tyrantrum, and Chesnaught. I guess I'll probably just code myself a new shiny Gourgeist and regular Slurpuff too, it's still easier than trading the ones I already have for someone else to add tutor moves then trade back.

Also got to the Super Singles Chatelaine fight with a party of Klefki/Talonflame/Serperior. Forgot about the Tornadus with Double Team+Substitute. This game is terrible.
I think the QR code thing was fixed

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Why do I get the feeling that Macchiato hates Falco. He's putting lopsided ratios for Palutena and just now, Peach. Is Macchi the A2 of Falco? :p
I'm not kidding about the palutena MU, its really bad.
Peach well, ehh I maybe add an extra 5 points. I think he beats DDD, Meta knight, Doc, Mario, and many more.

Last edited:
Kingdom Hearts tho
Street Fighter, GTA, Dragon Ball games
It sucks that EA and 2K don't continually bring sports games over to the wiiu
:057:
GTA V PC will be ultimately superior because of one thing: Mods
Dragon Ball games? Ehhh...
I lost faith in Capcom so **** Street Fighter
Kingdom Hearts will be delayed to 2020 bruh

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
GTA V PC will be ultimately superior because of one thing: Mods
Dragon Ball games? Ehhh...
I lost faith in Capcom so **** Street Fighter
Kingdom Hearts will be delayed to 2020 bruh
I want to believe ;;
There are other games that are worth getting a PS4
I just cant think of any currently :231:
I know what I was thinking of when I said that. Boooo

:snake:
Axolotl for cutest amphibian though

Who doesnt like mudkipz?

Last edited:

Soul.

Gen 6 was and always will be terrible

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
ouch.... your dealing with a move ? ( sorry, been away so I was unaware )I'm not a fan of moves myself since I had moved 8+ times during youth due to an abusive father so I'm very familiar with how awful it feels going from place to place with no $ for food :(

Me and my mother get pneumonia pretty much every year due to the cold / living conditions, but I make sure to work through it to keep us alive when it gets bad.
If it helps.., just think to yourself " I need to do this so that my family and I may live " as that's what keeps me going through the hardest of times.

FF series are mainly based on strategy, planning, and management.
It's not for everyone, but it can be very rewarding as it makes you feel like every boss victory was earned. There are even MANY ways to succeed with tons of team setups and strategies so they have high replay value. The best is mainly the story telling aspect ( in the good FFs that is ).

Try one out sometime, you may even love it ^^
Yeah, my parents have been talking about moving down south for a couple years now, and this year is the year. They visited for half a week from the 14th to 18th of February to job hunt and look at housing, and Dad already has a job. He's moving this week, while Mom and I are following in June once the school year ends; she's a middle school teacher.

For a while, it was really frustrating, stressful, and scary since I'd wanted to stay here with my friends, where I've lived for thirteen years already. I was going to separate from my parents and rent a place with friends, since living alone is out of the question in this area--too expensive. But when plans kept changing and my outlook looked grimmer and grimmer.. I just didn't know what to do anymore. The deadline was here, and I had nothing to show for it.

Then, Mom showed me apartment ads for Myrtle Beach. The cheapest I've found so far is up from $539/mo for a 1BR/1BA.
Once the option to move out completely on my own in such a cheap area became known, there was really no other choice. I'm going to have to leave this area, but I'm going to be able to do this, as well as bring a friend from across the country once she graduates high school. We've been talking about these plans for months now, and so long as everything goes well, we'll be living together by the end of next school year, or even by the end of 2015, depending.

It's been a lot, but as long as I keep going, I'll be ok. Breakdowns and tears will happen, but I have to keep going.
No need to apologize for not being here, I think this is the.. first or second time I've mentioned my plans here. I'm so sorry things have been that tough for you, and I hope they aren't as bad now. :(

I think I would have to try it out for myself before buying any of the games. It's the only way for me to know for sure that I'd like and want something.

Cute animals? ...Go on...
My top potentials would be dumbo rats, guinea pigs, and hedgehogs. I'm really interested in birds as well, and would love to have conures. Sun conures are bae. <3
:awesome:

I may be a Nintendo fan but even I believe in the PC master race... when it comes to it being compared to the PS4 and XBone. PC's will always miss out on Nintendo games which are consistently top-notch

GTA V for PC. Once that's out, hit me up for an online session (Or you can hit me up with the PS3 version)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Meanwhile, I was looking at Smogon's 1825 set usage for Tyrantrum in OU, and...
+----------------------------------------+
| Spreads |
| Adamant:0/252/0/0/4/252 31.278% |
| Adamant:0/252/0/0/0/252 15.219% |
| Adamant:0/252/4/0/0/252 9.882% |
| Jolly:0/252/4/0/0/252 9.703% |
| Adamant:4/252/0/0/0/252 9.679% |
| Jolly:0/252/0/0/4/252 5.815% |
| Other 18.425% |
+----------------------------------------+
...playing on a simulator that lets you plug in your stats for free, 15.219% of Tyrantrums didn't have full EV investment.

At the top of the ladder.

How lazy can you get?

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'm about to change my username. I need moral support.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@XDanDan612 Thanks for playing <3 That was really fun as usual

...playing on a simulator that lets you plug in your stats for free, 15.219% of Tyrantrums didn't have full EV investment.

How lazy can you get?
wtf??? This is gonna make me have a Tyrantrum omg. That reminds me I have to go do the QR code thing to make one rn :')

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm about to change my username. I need moral support.
You're perfect just as you are. You don't need to change to fit in <3

I honestly love your username, though.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

How lazy can you get?
To be honest I often forget about the remaining EVs myself since I tend to just set the two stats I want and move on.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Late to the party but: I really like Twilight Princess, I was actually hoping for Wolf Link and Midna as a playable character. Zant's insanity is a little poorly foreshadowed, but at least before the battle you learn that he wanted the throne but didn't get it, at least partially because he was unstable. Then he was given power by Ganondorf, and well...

I just laugh at his battle. You can stub his toe, don't tell me that's not funny.

I love TP's soundtrack too, it's great. It's got a great general world design. Though, fun fact, I've never totally beaten it. I like to 100% my games, and all I was missing was one Poe Soul. Unfortunately I hadn't kept track of which ones I obtained, and I wasn't going back to check all of them.

Skyward Sword was K. Some of the bosses were pretty ridiculous (Scaldera and Tentalus, smh. Especially Tentalus, it looks like a rejected Monsters, Inc. character) and while I didn't mind the motion controls for the most part, the harp was uninspired and a few of the puzzles were terrible. I also didn't like the Silent Realm tests (especially the Lanayru rehashes) but that may have just been me. I also was not a fan of all the backtracking. It was great at how such they were able to pack into that world, but it got old kind of fast. I don't remember being too impressed by much of the music, too, but I've only played it once so that may be why.

On the plus side, the Timeshift Stones were a dang brilliant mechanic and the game was quite beautiful. It's a good game with decent character development but it doesn't stand up to the other 3D Zeldas IMO.

Also someone I know won't play it because he doesn't like how Ghirahim acts gay haha.

Usually I look for good music if I really like a game, but one exception is Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door. The game only has a handful of memorable tunes (Doopliss's theme being one of them) but the rest of it is just so solid it's still one of my all-time favorite games. SPM is really good too, even though the battle style is different (and it has some fantastic tunes).

I'm a gamer but I don't buy many games. Usually if I want a game I'll put a lot of time into it. I think the only one off the top of my head that I wanted but haven't played through is Wario Land: Shake It, probably because I don't like platformers much.

D

Deleted member

@XDanDan612 Thanks for playing <3 That was really fun as usual

wtf??? This is gonna make me have a Tyrantrum omg. That reminds me I have to go do the QR code thing to make one rn :')
GOOD GAMEZ, AMIGO! I think by now, you're my offical sparring partner from the Zelda social xD

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
fh jk hgl this is not moral support. This is internal struggle. HELP.
I want to change it but I don't. But people like it but at the same time that I like it I don't like it.

//short-circuits.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@PS4 topic

I'm only getting the PS4 because Uncharted 4 exists
inFAMOUS, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper 5, and whatever PS4 and console exclusives that interests me, so if say, Final Fantasy XV gets a PC release, then whatever, PC Final Fantasy time.

I'm not kidding about the palutena MU, its really bad.
Peach well, ehh I maybe add an extra 5 points. I think he beats DDD, Meta knight, Doc, Mario, and many more.
Personally, I think Rosalina and Jigglypuff wreck Falco harder than Palutena does even with customs because their ground and air games are more balanced compared to Palutena who's more polarized to the air. While Palutena's a beast with customs, I think it's possible for Falco to react to her if she's rushing on the ground. Rosalina has both a good ground and air game, but it's her ability to kill earlier with her ridiculous Uair and Falco's air speed and fall speed screwing him over. Jigglypuff on the other hand makes use of being small, annoying in the air, and the ability to ignore about half of Falco's moves through floating around or just Resting and Bairing in the middle of Falco's moves.

Worse case scenario is if Palutena and Peach stays on the ground for whatever reason like getting caught on the ground, that's where, ironically, Falco shines. Palutena can't really do much on the ground except for Jab, Dash Attack, or grab which would get predictable. I don't know her Specials, so I can't say. Peach at least has the ability to use aerials like ground moves, but it's bad if she gets caught on the ground. Falco, inevitably, plays Ganondorf's game of being a punisher in a lot of matchups or pretty much all matchups because he has no good way of approaching. Fast Fire Bird is predictable, Blaster's end lag is stupid, auto-canceled Uairs depends, and RAR Bairs aren't that safe compared to Fox's. Dr. Mario has a better approach tool than Falco with his regular Pills and Fast Pills or Doctor Tornado which as an aerial, destroys a lot of options.

I'd also argue that Meta Knight holds an advantage over Falco solely because of Meta Knights ability to edgeguard and abuse Falco's air speed and fall speed. Falco would be limited to ground options since being in the air is basically death against Meta Knight, Palutena, Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Shulk, and I bet Kirby.

The funny thing is that I still stand by that Falco does well against Diddy, Sonic, Fox, Captain Falcon, and maybe even Sheik, but it's just that nobody understands Falco enough. The reason being is that both Diddy and Falco hit hard, Sonic can't really abuse Spin Charge and Dash when Falco's Reflector just stops it and Falco's will generally hit harder than him, Fox is well, the Ryu to Falco's Ken, so they basically oppose each other with Fox being the speedster and Falco the slugger, Captain Falcon because they will both kill each other easily, and Sheik's iffy because there's not a lot of notable matches with them, but it seems like that Falco's ability to kill is what makes it difficult for Sheik, especially since not a lot of Sheiks know how to kill with her effectively or gimp with her effectively - we've seen Sheiks letting lightweights live past 150%.

Also, a 80:20 is a severe ratio - that Captain Falcon ratio in the Rosalina MU thread... - and even then, I don't think any of those exist in SSB4. Not even 65:35 as of now. Maybe in like 5 years, but then we'd have SSB5 and nobody would care about SSB4. :p

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Sorry to hear IRL has been rough, I hope things turn around for you soon. It's mostly the same here with sick + stress coming in a winter combo package :s

Yeah FF games have an issue where people will overhype them to the point where they can't reach the expectations, but thats moreso a fandom problem whilst the games themselves can be pretty good ( atleast earlier ones ).

Did you happen to play online any ? o:
I'm really hoping to see some new Kuja stuff ( he felt too much like a Melee in 012 >< ) + info on my main Kefka's functionality.
Yes! I played online quite a bit but I kinda stopped. The Dissidia Forums community was way too mean, Idunno they're just a bunch of jerks there.
But I would play with some friends for casual fun, those were really good times ^.^

I hope to see some new Kuja schtuff as well, he was one of my top five!
(Ultimecia, Shantotto, Cloud of Darkness, Kuja and Terra)

I can't wait to see new Kefka as well.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
fh jk hgl this is not moral support. This is internal struggle. HELP.
I want to change it but I don't. But people like it but at the same time that I like it I don't like it.

//short-circuits.
You could always alternate between two usernames every 30 days

Top Bottom