• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I don't think they're gonna shape up. Also I have a PROFESSIONAL tournament and I'll send yew the link since yew said yew were interested. It was very organized and wasn't biased at all.
It was their first, so hopefully with time. If not, then they don't.

&Thanks gorl, I'll definitely check it out, but I'm not comfortable playing others until I at least have my GC adapter. It should arrive soon, I caved and bought the Mayflash one. :p

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
It was their first, so hopefully with time. If not, then they don't.

&Thanks gorl, I'll definitely check it out, but I'm not comfortable playing others until I at least have my GC adapter. It should arrive soon, I caved and bought the Mayflash one. :p
Ok also I use the wii more and nunchuk, screw that cstick. I don't need it

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Awwwwh! :p

He's pretty much the most disturbing and most unstable villain in Zelda. Dude is insane.
I remember playing TP and thinking Zant was this calm, collected, sinister villain during the first half of the game

then you get to his boss fight and he turns into a psychotic shrieking manchild and I was all "wat."

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Just played against a guy on Roll Glory

And it ended with Falcon dittos where the only move we used was Falcon Punch

It was magnificent :')

Btw picking up Falcon yea

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I remember playing TP and thinking Zant was this calm, collected, sinister villain during the first half of the game

then you get to his boss fight and he turns into a psychotic shrieking manchild and I was all "wat."
That's sort of the beauty of it. The facade you get of a calm, cold, calculating usurper is actually a crazed, immature, unstable monster.

Even Ghirahim comes off as sort of a campy, narcissistic sadist who is actually a violent, clever, and ill-tempered antithesis of Fi who is calm, selfless, and I guess, naive and incomplete as a being since she doesn't seem to have feelings until the end while Ghirahim expresses himself at every moment.

Demise felt flat and it made sense as this warmonger who destroys and takes over for the sake of it. Ganondorf wasn't much except in Wind Waker where it seemed like he didn't know why he hated Link and Zelda, why he wants power, and why he is what he is. There's that feeling where he does want to make a better world, but something makes him become more of a righteous dictator. Twilight Princess Ganondorf was pure anger; he was powerful, driven by rage, and calculating and that was it. Revenge was all he wanted while in OoT, it seemed more like both powerlust and maybe a desire to make the Gerudo or all of Hyrule a better place, but under his rule. Eh, I'm probably looking into it too much.

I'm curious about a Zelda game where Demise's cycle is broken and Ganondorf ends up being a last minute hero and helps Link and Zelda end Demise once and for all.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
When smash 4 came out, I wanted to main Pikachu like I did every game, but I just ended up liking other characters more.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Yeah I thought the same thing. I was actually pretty impressed by how they were handling Zant at first because when he ambushes you at the Lanayru spring thing you're actually like "I'm f*cked." He genuinely felt scary.

But then he hoo-ha's and started dancing around and that's when I lost like 80% of respect for Twilight Princess's story.

Also Wind Waker Ganon > All Zelda villains. Ghirahim is pretty cool, though, even if I don't like the whole "depraved gays are always evil" vibe he has around him.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Ghirahim is the best Zelda villain and I'm sad he didn't make it into playable in this Sm4sh.
Someone else who understands! He's the only character I really wanted in the game, and I'm super sad every time I see him come out as an assist. ;_;

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There you go, Macchiato, the Palutena's MU discussion is up: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4...lutena-our-wings-just-dont-work-right.394111/.

I can't wait to see customs Palutena get a 99:1 on Falco. Why the 1? Well, if nobody picked Falco, he wouldn't be dead. :p

Seriously, though, her juggles will wreck Falco especially since Lightweight and Superspeed makes her even faster and more dangerous than Rosalina... DAMMIT FALCO, FLAP THOSE WINGS! YOU'RE A BIRD! YOU WERE BORN TO FLY!

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Well gorls I finished the Tourney From Hell and got 2nd.

@ Macchiato Macchiato I avenged you and beat that Diddy player.

And I managed to win against that Samus who knocked me out of the winner's bracket, in what I thought was GF but the bracket had us play another set after? And he beat me again there.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yeah I thought the same thing. I was actually pretty impressed by how they were handling Zant at first because when he ambushes you at the Lanayru spring thing you're actually like "I'm f*cked." He genuinely felt scary.

But then he hoo-ha's and started dancing around and that's when I lost like 80% of respect for Twilight Princess's story.

Also Wind Waker Ganon > All Zelda villains. Ghirahim is pretty cool, though, even if I don't like the whole "depraved gays are always evil" vibe he has around him.
I think Zant's true nature should've been foreshadowed better (or like, at all) but I thought it was really interesting how the imposing villain that oozes respect turns out to be a complete lunatic. If they just had given us some hints of the true Zant I think that could've been an amazing moment.

And well, if someone is depraved then they're likely evil or at least very immoral by definition.

Someone else who understands! He's the only character I really wanted in the game, and I'm super sad every time I see him come out as an assist. ;_;
To be honest I was very indifferent to Ghirahim since I never got too far in Skyward Sword, once I did unlock him in Hyrule Warriors though, I started to love his character just because of how silly and over-the-top he is while still managing to be a very effective villain.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Glad it wasn't just me, haha. I don't really care what the intent was with that, the execution was poor and it just left me feeling confused and bleh and destroyed my mental image of Zant (who up until that point was easily my favorite Zelda villain). Though at the same time it wasn't hugely surprising when I thought back to Majora's Incarnation...

Ghirahim seems like an interesting villain but I haven't played Skyward Sword and probably won't.

What about Midna thooo
Midna best helper character tbh
Tatl #2

Navi and Fi both make me want to injure small animals

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I think Zant's true nature should've been foreshadowed better (or like, at all) but I thought it was really interesting how the imposing villain that oozes respect turns out to be a complete lunatic. If they just had given us some hints of the true Zant I think that could've been an amazing moment.

And well, if someone is depraved then they're likely evil or at least very immoral by definition.
I think their version of "lunacy" was very poorly executed, because it's different to be a lunatic than to be a spoiled brat, which is what Zant comes across as.

Also, I guess I worded it badly, I meant "all gays are depraved and evil." Ghirahim definitely has that vibe to him and it's a really toxic thing Japanese media tends to overblow on the mainstream.

Glad it wasn't just me, haha. I don't really care what the intent was with that, the execution was poor and it just left me feeling confused and bleh and destroyed my mental image of Zant (who up until that point was easily my favorite Zelda villain). Though at the same time it wasn't hugely surprising when I thought back to Majora's Incarnation...

Ghirahim seems like an interesting villain but I haven't played Skyward Sword and probably won't.

Tatl #2

I guess Majora's Incarnation didn't really bother me at all because there was no actual background to this Majora figure at all. It never spoke, and it seemed to be a being 100% devoted to chaos, so that was pretty fitting in general. It was still a bit silly, though, I'll admit that.

Zant just sucked.

Also, don't bother with Skyward Sword. It blows.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Tatl #2

Midna is the best. She had the best story out of all of them imo. She's my 2nd favorite Zelda character oops sorry husbando Link
Navi though is just...
AHHHHHHHHH

edit:
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 LMAO I DIED WHEN THE BOB-OMB KILLED BOTH OF US.
OMG I KNOW ME TOO LMAO

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Tfw I'm probably the only one who actually really likes Skyward Sword here. :/

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
If it weren't for the motion controls and Wii Motion Plus requirement I would've played it. Money was tight then so I got other games instead that didn't require extra accessories.

Also I'm lazy and don't want to swing stuff around, lol.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Prepare for lots of fabishness and style points.
I swear when you randomly pull a bobomb you feel like God for a few seconds
Then your opponent hits yew and the bomb explodes and yew die.
You like everything bottom tier.

Also, I'm completely with you; Agitha4Smash, gurl.
I like peach, Rosalina, coffee
Those are high to top tier things

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Tfw I'm probably the only one who actually really likes Skyward Sword here. :/
I really wanted to like it back when it came out. And the climax scene (you know, the one that involves someone inside a giant rupee-like thing) was pretty powerful, which gave it a lot of points. It also has the best incarnation of Zelda to date because she's actually very proactive through the whole story. In the end, Link's quest is not to save her but to catch up to her, which was pretty badass of Zelda.

Anyways, it has some great things, specially the character design (except Link's :'D), but the gameplay was so so so terrible, and it's been the most railroady Zelda game to date. Not even Spirit Tracks was as linear and hand-holding as Skyward Sword was. It was made even more jarring due to Fi's role in the gameplay, which was basically stating the obvious over and over again. It honestly felt like patronizing developing at some point.

The thing is they forewent a lot of good game design choices in favor of the story, but the story is not very good. I mean, it's the most character-heavy Zelda game, but the characters and story in general are nothing new at all.

The dungeons were also hardly memorable at all, and the world was small and very closed off. Not to mention the music was for the most part very forgettable sans the Ballad of the Goddess', Fi's Theme and Skyloft's tune. The harp songs were also godawful. And don't get me started on the Imprisoned...

I enjoyed some things off Skyward Sword, but it was definitely very subpar in comparison to other Zelda games, specially considering ALBW came right after it, and that's one beast of a game.

Oh I also don't mean to start an argument or anything, I was just explaining why I didn't like it. You are totally welcome to tl;dr me if you want :'D

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Welcome back, sis! It's been a while. :'3

I'm sorry you're still sick, but still hoping you'll feel better soon.
Me personally, I'm just keeping up with work and games, as well as preparing to move out of state in about three months' time.
Very stressful, but life keeps moving. How about you, how have you been?

btw I've never played Dissidia, or any Final Fantasy for that matter. I'm always afraid I won't like them ;_;
Sorry to hear IRL has been rough, I hope things turn around for you soon. It's mostly the same here with sick + stress coming in a winter combo package :s

Yeah FF games have an issue where people will overhype them to the point where they can't reach the expectations, but thats moreso a fandom problem whilst the games themselves can be pretty good ( atleast earlier ones ).

Ooh I mentioned this new Dissidia a while back :D I will hype with you on it (Fellow dissidia fan).

I can't wait to see Ultimecia in HD and see whether she's still top tier with Knights Lance lol..
Did you happen to play online any ? o:
I'm really hoping to see some new Kuja stuff ( he felt too much like a Melee in 012 >< ) + info on my main Kefka's functionality.

Top Bottom