• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I like catching bugs.
I love catching bugs as well!...

...In Animal Crossing. Thats actually my favorite thing to do in the game is to just go on a stroll and catch bugs. I don't know if I would actually like it in reality though. Maybe I'll try it someday.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Speaking of bugs
I just found this spider
It can bury itself in the sand and completely cover itself, and it usually works.
But when it thinks it's in danger, it tucks in its legs, leans back, and starts a Spin Dash.
"When accounting for body to speed ratios, when the golden wheel spider goes into that spin, it's the fastest land animal."
Guys
I think I found my spirit animal :139:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I had an army of bees in A Link to the Past.

I was Nicolas Cage's worst nightmare.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Speaking of bugs
I just found this spider
It can bury itself in the sand and completely cover itself, and it usually works.
But when it thinks it's in danger, it tucks in its legs, leans back, and starts a Spin Dash.
"When accounting for body to speed ratios, when the golden wheel spider goes into that spin, it's the fastest land animal."
Guys
That sounds absolutely horrifying.

Spindash spider....no thanks.

EDIT: Oh why did I click play on the video...

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Tfw I'm probably the only one who actually really likes Skyward Sword here. :/
GORL I LOVED SKYWARD SWORD IT'S MY FAVOURITE ZELDA

not because it was the only Zelda game I played I mean wut

D

Deleted member

Speaking of bugs
I just found this spider
Guys
I'M CRYING LMAO SPIDERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NOW.

Inb4 the whole spider image spam from before comes back.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I really wanted to like it back when it came out. And the climax scene (you know, the one that involves someone inside a giant rupee-like thing) was pretty powerful, which gave it a lot of points. It also has the best incarnation of Zelda to date because she's actually very proactive through the whole story. In the end, Link's quest is not to save her but to catch up to her, which was pretty badass of Zelda.

Anyways, it has some great things, specially the character design (except Link's :'D), but the gameplay was so so so terrible, and it's been the most railroady Zelda game to date. Not even Spirit Tracks was as linear and hand-holding as Skyward Sword was. It was made even more jarring due to Fi's role in the gameplay, which was basically stating the obvious over and over again. It honestly felt like patronizing developing at some point.

The thing is they forewent a lot of good game design choices in favor of the story, but the story is not very good. I mean, it's the most character-heavy Zelda game, but the characters and story in general are nothing new at all.

The dungeons were also hardly memorable at all, and the world was small and very closed off. Not to mention the music was for the most part very forgettable sans the Ballad of the Goddess', Fi's Theme and Skyloft's tune. The harp songs were also godawful. And don't get me started on the Imprisoned...

I enjoyed some things off Skyward Sword, but it was definitely very subpar in comparison to other Zelda games, specially considering ALBW came right after it, and that's one beast of a game.

Oh I also don't mean to start an argument or anything, I was just explaining why I didn't like it. You are totally welcome to tl;dr me if you want :'D
I have little to no opinion, tbh. I just play things and like them. ;v;
Explanations behind opinions are great, I just don't have one though. I actually like linear gameplay, though I do agree it was exceptionally hand-holding the entire time. Unfortunately, I can't give insight on other games since I've only played OoT (64 and 3DS), Twilight Princess (both versions), and Skyward Sword. I feel ashamed to call myself a Zelda fan lol. :'D

Sorry to hear IRL has been rough, I hope things turn around for you soon. It's mostly the same here with sick + stress coming in a winter combo package :s

Yeah FF games have an issue where people will overhype them to the point where they can't reach the expectations, but thats moreso a fandom problem whilst the games themselves can be pretty good ( atleast earlier ones ).
I'm sure they will. I just have to stick it out with work for a few more months (was planning on quitting but I have to backburn that idea since remaining in a stable job is very important for homeowning), keep it together, and get myself ready for such a big move. It'll all be worth the blood, sweat, and literal tears in the end.

I said it before, but I hope you feel better soon. Sick is no fun, especially in winter. :/

&Yeah, I'm just skeptical about gameplay, since it's different from things I've played. I pretty much only know anything about Final Fantasy through Kingdom Hearts, which is, I suppose, my true series.

GORL I LOVED SKYWARD SWORD IT'S MY FAVOURITE ZELDA

not because it was the only Zelda game I played I mean wut
YEEAAH GORL. As long as you like it \o/

@ Macchiato Macchiato @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL @ FullMoon FullMoon ;w;

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've thought about getting a tarantula once. Might still get one, but they don't seem to live long.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
In terms of less-than-the-norm pets, I'd always wanted a tarantula or ball python. Or corn snake. Beautiful creatures, all of them.
Inb4 you all think I'm crazy. :awesome:

you'd be right.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
On the top of my "Pets to potentially" get is Turtle.

I don't like the idea of my pets dying so a Turtle/Tortoise could easily solve that problem. I would have to of course take all the care I can to keep it healthy.

Tarantulas would be next due to how cute they are.

kaazers

Smash Master
Remember that time I Elevatored you at like 60%? :smirk:

Once you *finally* get a Wii U the power of our princess will be shown!

EDIT: Also HEY YOU STOLE MY TRADEMARK "WHAAAAAAT.".
I was sleepy last night and totally missed this post...

That time? Which one? Cause I'm pretty sure you landed that more than once at 60% and KO'd. .___.

Yes, @ Twili Twili I'm gonna say it.

WAR FLASHBACKS.

Psh, you don't have a trademark on WHAAAAAAT.™

Wait.

Yeah alright, I might be able to take some pics later but I'll be busy most of today. We'll see

Oh and @XDanDan612 @ kaazers kaazers

Fear Zelda. :4zelda:
JFC

edit;
In terms of less-than-the-norm pets, I'd always wanted a tarantula or ball python. Or corn snake. Beautiful creatures, all of them.
Inb4 you all think I'm crazy. :awesome:

you'd be right.
Remind me to never visit you. :awesome:

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Luigi and Greninja say hello.
Greninja's d-taunt best taunt

Combos out of U-tilt at low percents into U-smash and into dash attack --> F-air at mid-low percents.

I wish Zelda's taunts did damage. All of them are amazing *_*

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I always forget Greninja has a damaging taunt

that taunt is actually legit offensively too

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Greninja's d-taunt best taunt

Combos out of U-tilt at low percents into U-smash and into dash attack --> F-air at mid-low percents

I wish Zelda's taunts did damage. All of them are amazing *_*
If Kirby's side/down taunt did damage......
I would only use those moves :174:

Soul.

I don't know why the 3DS subforum keeps getting these threads.
"is it competitive"
"will it fall behind Wii U?"
"Does anyone really play this game"
"lol if you play 3DS you're a poor scrub"

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I was sleepy last night and totally missed this post...

That time? Which one? Cause I'm pretty sure you landed that more than once at 60% and KO'd. .___.

WAR FLASHBACKS.

Psh, you don't have a trademark on WHAAAAAAT.™

Wait.

JFC

edit;

I actually want to find that post now.....but there has been so many "WHAAAAAAT."s in our thread...it might be hard to find.

Also when are you getting a Wii U? inb4 PS4

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
On the top of my "Pets to potentially" get is Turtle.

I don't like the idea of my pets dying so a Turtle/Tortoise could easily solve that problem. I would have to of course take all the care I can to keep it healthy.

Tarantulas would be next due to how cute they are.
My top potentials would be dumbo rats, guinea pigs, and hedgehogs. I'm really interested in birds as well, and would love to have conures. Sun conures are bae. <3

WAR FLASHBACKS.

:troll:

You sure? There are some pretty cute animals I want for pets in the future... :awesome:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
All I want is something fluffy to hold... like a corgi or some cat. Er... I found this.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I'm sure they will. I just have to stick it out with work for a few more months (was planning on quitting but I have to backburn that idea since remaining in a stable job is very important for homeowning), keep it together, and get myself ready for such a big move. It'll all be worth the blood, sweat, and literal tears in the end.

I said it before, but I hope you feel better soon. Sick is no fun, especially in winter. :/

&Yeah, I'm just skeptical about gameplay, since it's different from things I've played. I pretty much only know anything about Final Fantasy through Kingdom Hearts, which is, I suppose, my true series.
ouch.... your dealing with a move ? ( sorry, been away so I was unaware )I'm not a fan of moves myself since I had moved 8+ times during youth due to an abusive father so I'm very familiar with how awful it feels going from place to place with no $ for food :(

Me and my mother get pneumonia pretty much every year due to the cold / living conditions, but I make sure to work through it to keep us alive when it gets bad.
If it helps.., just think to yourself " I need to do this so that my family and I may live " as that's what keeps me going through the hardest of times.

FF series are mainly based on strategy, planning, and management.
It's not for everyone, but it can be very rewarding as it makes you feel like every boss victory was earned. There are even MANY ways to succeed with tons of team setups and strategies so they have high replay value. The best is mainly the story telling aspect ( in the good FFs that is ).

Try one out sometime, you may even love it ^^

kaazers

Smash Master
I actually want to find that post now.....but there has been so many "WHAAAAAAT."s in our thread...it might be hard to find.

Also when are you getting a Wii U? inb4 PS4
I wonder if we could find that post... I dunno.
Also, remember the first post you saw back when you were lurking our thread? :awesome:

UH........... I kinda.... wanna get a PS4 for Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15 and---- Yeahhh...... >_>

My top potentials would be dumbo rats, guinea pigs, and hedgehogs. I'm really interested in birds as well, and would love to have conures. Sun conures are bae. <3
:troll:

You sure? There are some pretty cute animals I want for pets in the future... :awesome:
Cute animals? ...Go on...
All I want is something fluffy to hold... like a corgi or some cat. Er... I found this.
Awww. Bunny. /PUNCHES WALL

edit; The bunny separated from the rest of his post. Oooh....

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
As a Sonic and Shaymin fan, I want a hedgehog.
upload_2015-3-7_22-43-25.jpeg

Top Bottom