• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

fh jk hgl this is not moral support. This is internal struggle. HELP.
I want to change it but I don't. But people like it but at the same time that I like it I don't like it.

//short-circuits.
NOOOOOO DON'T CHANGE IT. I'VE KNOWN YOU AS TWILI SINCE FOREVER.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twilight Princess was great. Personally top 3 for me in my list of favorite Zelda games

Also, I picked up Robin but I'm probably going to rage drop her again

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
fh jk hgl this is not moral support. This is internal struggle. HELP.
I want to change it but I don't. But people like it but at the same time that I like it I don't like it.

//short-circuits.
I'd recommend that you just wait a day or so and then see if you still want to change it.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
inFAMOUS, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper 5, and whatever PS4 and console exclusives that interests me, so if say, Final Fantasy XV gets a PC release, then whatever, PC Final Fantasy time.

Personally, I think Rosalina and Jigglypuff wreck Falco harder than Palutena does even with customs because their ground and air games are more balanced compared to Palutena who's more polarized to the air. While Palutena's a beast with customs, I think it's possible for Falco to react to her if she's rushing on the ground. Rosalina has both a good ground and air game, but it's her ability to kill earlier with her ridiculous Uair and Falco's air speed and fall speed screwing him over. Jigglypuff on the other hand makes use of being small, annoying in the air, and the ability to ignore about half of Falco's moves through floating around or just Resting and Bairing in the middle of Falco's moves.

Worse case scenario is if Palutena and Peach stays on the ground for whatever reason like getting caught on the ground, that's where, ironically, Falco shines. Palutena can't really do much on the ground except for Jab, Dash Attack, or grab which would get predictable. I don't know her Specials, so I can't say. Peach at least has the ability to use aerials like ground moves, but it's bad if she gets caught on the ground. Falco, inevitably, plays Ganondorf's game of being a punisher in a lot of matchups or pretty much all matchups because he has no good way of approaching. Fast Fire Bird is predictable, Blaster's end lag is stupid, auto-canceled Uairs depends, and RAR Bairs aren't that safe compared to Fox's. Dr. Mario has a better approach tool than Falco with his regular Pills and Fast Pills or Doctor Tornado which as an aerial, destroys a lot of options.

I'd also argue that Meta Knight holds an advantage over Falco solely because of Meta Knights ability to edgeguard and abuse Falco's air speed and fall speed. Falco would be limited to ground options since being in the air is basically death against Meta Knight, Palutena, Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Shulk, and I bet Kirby.

The funny thing is that I still stand by that Falco does well against Diddy, Sonic, Fox, Captain Falcon, and maybe even Sheik, but it's just that nobody understands Falco enough. The reason being is that both Diddy and Falco hit hard, Sonic can't really abuse Spin Charge and Dash when Falco's Reflector just stops it and Falco's will generally hit harder than him, Fox is well, the Ryu to Falco's Ken, so they basically oppose each other with Fox being the speedster and Falco the slugger, Captain Falcon because they will both kill each other easily, and Sheik's iffy because there's not a lot of notable matches with them, but it seems like that Falco's ability to kill is what makes it difficult for Sheik, especially since not a lot of Sheiks know how to kill with her effectively or gimp with her effectively - we've seen Sheiks letting lightweights live past 150%.

Also, a 80:20 is a severe ratio - that Captain Falcon ratio in the Rosalina MU thread... - and even then, I don't think any of those exist in SSB4. Not even 65:35 as of now. Maybe in like 5 years, but then we'd have SSB5 and nobody would care about SSB4. :p
Actually pally can approach with fair, Falco has nothing to stop it.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Oh, I forgot to talk about legit real life animals. I had forgotten about that spider. Another awesome one is the pistol shrimp (Clauncher and Clawitzer's basis). It literally fires a jet of water from its claw that can stun or kill small fish. You can hear the snap of it from behind aquarium glass. That is fantastic.

There's also the tuatara, a primitive "reptile" with an overdeveloped pineal gland, so it kind of has a third eye. Their metabolism is so slow they can easily live to 100 years or more. I'm hoping it'll get the "Relicanth treatment" as sort of a living fossil.

And don't get me started on cordyceps, a fungus that basically does what Paras and Parasect become.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I may be a Nintendo fan but even I believe in the PC master race... when it comes to it being compared to the PS4 and XBone. PC's will always miss out on Nintendo games which are consistently top-notch

GTA V for PC. Once that's out, hit me up for an online session (Or you can hit me up with the PS3 version)
Yeah, I was always admit that the PC is the best system for gaming.
Even if I own a Mac

but it's not like the PC has Xenoblade, Mario, Splatoon, Pokemon, Kirby, ETc.
I'm about to change my username. I need moral support.
I just got to know your name though. : o

I might change my name sometime as well. Can't think of anything though. Might change it to what it originally originally was way back when I started foruming.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yes! I played online quite a bit but I kinda stopped. The Dissidia Forums community was way too mean, Idunno they're just a bunch of jerks there.
But I would play with some friends for casual fun, those were really good times ^.^

I hope to see some new Kuja schtuff as well, he was one of my top five!
(Ultimecia, Shantotto, Cloud of Darkness, Kuja and Terra)

I can't wait to see new Kefka as well.
I always wanted to play Dissidia. Why? Jecht. Seriously, dude's a BAMF. Talk about a meteor smash, am I right? :awesome:

Not if he plays unfairly. :p

Does Palutena's Fair have anything special, property-wise besides being sparkly? Like priority stuff and not just pure frame speed.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Unless I lose a bet my username will always alternate between WolfieXVII and HunterNinjaReaperPirate
:happysheep:

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
NOOOOOO DON'T CHANGE IT. I'VE KNOWN YOU AS TWILI SINCE FOREVER.
YOU'RE NOT HELPING.
I'd recommend that you just wait a day or so and then see if you still want to change it.
Ahhh I've wanted to change it for a while but I never seem to go through with it. ;;
@ Twili Twili if you're getting rid of that name I'm taking it for myself
This would be a reason why, I'm always afraid I couldn't go back because someone will take it /o/

The struggle is real.

D

Deleted member

YOU'RE NOT HELPING.

Ahhh I've wanted to change it for a while but I never seem to go through with it. ;;

This would be a reason why, I'm always afraid I couldn't go back because someone will take it /o/

The struggle is real.
I'M SORRY

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Her fair is insane, I don't know of any character that can easily stop it.

Oh and we're talking about awesome animals? Ocean sunfish are like the coolest thing ever AND IDEK WHY. IF YOU LOOK AT THEM THEY'RE JUST LIKE "DERRRRP" and??? It also helps that Alomomola, one of my favorite Pokemon, is based off of them. I love trolling with the derp wall fish :')

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*sigh*
Its daylight savings time again.
Great, now I lose another hour of sleep.
Oh yeah... Why does this exist again? Oh, right, the same reason the US uses the "US customary units". IF ONLY WE HAD MONEY TO CHANGE EVERYTHING TO METRIC AND SOME WACKY GADGET TO MAKE PEOPLE FORGET THE US CUSTOMARY SYSTEM EXISTED AND METRIC WAS JUST HERE ALL A LONG! my caps lock is not broken. :p

I really don't like using the US customary units and I'm starting to favor 24-hour clocks aka "military time". Also, "iss-sew" instead of "issh-shoe" for issue.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Her fair is insane, I don't know of any character that can easily stop it.

Oh and we're talking about awesome animals? Ocean sunfish are like the coolest thing ever AND IDEK WHY. IF YOU LOOK AT THEM THEY'RE JUST LIKE "DERRRRP" and??? It also helps that Alomomola, one of my favorite Pokemon, is based off of them. I love trolling with the derp wall fish :')
The only way to stop her fair is using a move with more range and that's disjointed like peachs fair

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was going to say stuff about Palutena's fair, but I didn't know it had the "clanks but continues anyway" property like her tilts. That's pretty cool.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've been seeing a lot of hate for the ledge mechanics of smash 4 recently. How does everyone feel about it here?

I personally prefer it to how it works now as oppose to how it worked in previous games.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've been seeing a lot of hate for the ledge mechanics of smash 4 recently. How does everyone feel about it here?

I personally prefer it to how it works now as oppose to how it worked in previous games.
I love it. Ledge trump to Elwind spike on someone regrabbing the ledge is the best thing to ever happen tbh. Ledge trumping also adds a lot more depth to the game - it makes you think how you have to land onto the stage

If only Link had a shield bash... It's like the most useless thing along with and his Triforce of Courage. :p

Oh, and Slam Jam City Escape remix-thing. It's wacky to say the least.
...Why doesn't Link have a shield bash? He really should now that ya mention it.

Last edited:
I like the ledge mechanics. Edge hogging was kinda dumb tbh. The new mechanic creates a new layer of depth for edgeguarding imo
I love it. Ledge trump to Elwind spike on someone regrabbing the ledge is the best thing to ever happen tbh
Or Levin b-air

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh and I kind of forgot to mention it but Palutena's bair might be my favorite attack in the game.

I feel warm inside when I see a Ganondorf throwing out usmash and get to say to myself "I am Palutena so I am just going to dive right into that and win because **** you"

New ledge mechanics are infinitely better imo, only thing I dislike is the forced ledge hold time before you can do ledge options.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I like the new ledge mechanics more as well.

Though there are plenty of times where I wish I could stop someone from recovering by hanging on the ledge =V

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh and I kind of forgot to mention it but Palutena's bair might be my favorite attack in the game.

I feel warm inside when I see a Ganondorf throwing out usmash and get to say to myself "I am Palutena so I am just going to dive right into that and win because **** you"

New ledge mechanics are infinitely better imo, only thing I dislike is the forced ledge hold time before you can do ledge options.
My favorite move is Peach's Jab. She literally ***** slaps you. :laugh:

I hate Villager's Side Smash, though. Damn bowling ball. :glare:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
LOL considering Sakurai I bet it would. I think it works on Palutena and maybe WFT but that's all I know about
It'd be hilarious is Zelda couldn't Bair sweet-spot herself with a ledge trump. Anyway, I'd assume that it would work on characters with big hurtboxes like Bowser, Triple D, Charizard, Ganondorf, and Ike. Fast fallers too like Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. It might not work on smaller characters and floaties. Eh, I don't know since I don't play as Zelda much.

View attachment 41965

<3

I love the bowling ball. Soooooo good. Especially on stages like Smashville with a moving platform. :happysheep:
WHY DOES IT KILL AT 30% AT CENTER STAGE? FRRRRRICK!

Last edited:
Top Bottom