• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Mus D3 hates
:4megaman::4mario::4luigi::4tlink::4pikachu::4zss::4drmario::4diddy::4sheik::4fox::4falco::4greninja::4duckhunt::4darkpit::4pit::4robinm::4miigun::4yoshi::4wiifit::4link::4villager::4lucario::4rob::4sonic::rosalina:

25 characters(i think) that whoop his ass and then a few more that slightly beat him(lol joke a hell lot more), but look closely and you'll see all the top tiers bum rush him. We got almost Little Mac tier Mu people defo bottom tier, my opinion is indeed fact since i used logical theorycraft drop D3 if you main him because he has crap MUs against characters that matter. Use Diddy.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Mus D3 hates
:4drmario::4falco::4darkpit::4pit::4wiifit:
Pits are even if not in Dedede's favor slightly, Doc is probably even if not in Dedede's favor imo (Mario is like 45:55, Doc is much easier to gimp and can't move past Dedede's hitboxes as easily), WFT's projectiles are eh and Dedede's close range game and edgeguarding destroy her.

Dedede v Falco isn't really a MU I've played myself, but I don't feel like he's a character that would give Dedede trouble.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Do you ever feel.. like a plastic bag.. ♬ When using Zelda's Dair? The sound it makes when it hits an opponent, my goddess..
I think the sound of Din's Fire, Phantom (after it comes out, not the charging), and Up Air all remind me of a plastic sound for some reason. I miss the explosive sounds most of these made in Brawl... just felt so right.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Why is leaving Link's grandma in Wind Waker so depressing?!

And then the music... oh god this game oTL

Pits are even if not in Dedede's favor slightly, Doc is probably even if not in Dedede's favor imo (Mario is like 45:55, Doc is much easier to gimp and can't move past Dedede's hitboxes as easily), WFT's projectiles are eh and Dedede's close range game and edgeguarding destroy her.

Dedede v Falco isn't really a MU I've played myself, but I don't feel like he's a character that would give Dedede trouble.
Why are the Pits in DDD's "favor"? :O I'm just curious cause I honestly don't know much about the Pits at all. I think they give Zelda some trouble, though.

Latte

Smash Ace
I was just about to say that there was an obvious bias towards Diddy. You did great regardless, @ Macchiato Macchiato pal.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani you picked so few characters out of that large list, is his MU that dirty??? O_o
Well I listed a lot of them myself already lol. Then there are some I don't really know about (Yoshi, ROB, Greninja, etc)

Why are the Pits in DDD's "favor"? :O I'm just curious cause I honestly don't know much about the Pits at all. I think they give Zelda some trouble, though.
Same general gameplan, but Dedede outranges+outdamages and edgeguards Pits harder than Pits edgeguard Dedede. Arrows aren't spammable enough to give him camping issues. Also a minor thing since a little MU knowledge makes it a nonissue but nair/fair can't reflect Gordos (aside from the last hit on nair), and uair can't reflect them either if even slightly stale.

E: Dedede's going to live a lot longer than Pits will in the matchup too.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Is Mega Man vs. Dedede really that bad.
Dedede's fastest button on the ground is dtilt, and that's slower than a normal standing grab. Mega man can beat his dtilt with his dtilt (f5 and functionally disjointed) or just shield>utilt. Otherwise, pellets come out at f7 and Mega Man can just jump away and reestablish spacing if he wants to. Dedede's airspeed is as slow as Mega Man's walk basically, making him susceptible to projectile uair landing traps where you either eat the uair or air dodge into the ground (uair will do ~15% each time or 20% if you get all of it to hit). Pellets reflect gordos (and if they get stale, which they likely will, metal blade and ice slasher [which is recommended because it sends dedede in the air for uair shenanigans]).

On Monday I'm going to post a video of me vs HeroMystic's Samus to show how helpless she can be vs pellets. Dedede loses to pellets even more than Samus due to no charge shot and slower ftilt/fsmash/dash attack. His roll is better than Samus' though, but like... Good luck with that. It sounds bad on paper. But it's equally bad in practice. He can (and Samus can) do damage when he gets in/a combo started and he outranges Mega in the air horizontally in terns of BAir/FAir vs BAir/FAir.

Soul.

Dedede's fastest button on the ground is dtilt, and that's slower than a normal standing grab. Mega man can beat his dtilt with his dtilt (f5 and functionally disjointed) or just shield>utilt. Otherwise, pellets come out at f7 and Mega Man can just jump away and reestablish spacing if he wants to. Dedede's airspeed is as slow as Mega Man's walk basically, making him susceptible to projectile uair landing traps where you either eat the uair or air dodge into the ground (uair will do ~15% each time or 20% if you get all of it to hit). Pellets reflect gordos (and if they get stale, which they likely will, metal blade and ice slasher [which is recommended because it sends dedede in the air for uair shenanigans]).

On Monday I'm going to post a video of me vs HeroMystic's Samus to show how helpless she can be vs pellets. Dedede loses to pellets even more than Samus due to no charge shot and slower ftilt/fsmash/dash attack. His roll is better than Samus' though, but like... Good luck with that. It sounds bad on paper. But it's equally bad in practice. He can (and Samus can) do damage when he gets in/a combo started and he outranges Mega in the air horizontally in terns of BAir/FAir vs BAir/FAir.
lol well Dedede mains are in need of a secondary. inb4 Diddy

Latte

Smash Ace
That stream was extremely unprofessional. I'm very disappointed in it, to be honest.

Hopefully their future streams and tournaments improve.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Are online tourneys even that great? I've thought of joining one, but....ehhh online tourneys...

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I didn't quite like how they would say "YEP this one is being won by this person no doubt".
Like. Come on even if it looks that way a TO can't say that.

Latte

Smash Ace
Yeah that was really abrupt and not even an explanation
I'm not talking about the abrupt ending of the stream, I'm talking about the entire stream. There were boatloads of issues and the entire thing felt disorganized and hectic. I did enjoy watching the matches when they actually happened, though.

Latte

Smash Ace
I didn't quite like how they would say "YEP this one is being won by this person no doubt".
Like. Come on even if it looks that way a TO can't say that.
This. I was thinking exactly this from the first time they said it, and each time after as well. The commentators definitely need to work on their commentating skills.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Wow, this is why I don't do online tourneys. They can be riddled with terribleness.

Almost like how you are literally dominating the match.
You are pretty much going to win.
Then you get hit by a random rage Fsmash from Ganondor and die at 35%.

That happened to me today.

Did I mention that that always seem to happen to me? >u>

D

Deleted member

Sounds like this tournament didn't go so well o: I wanna join tournaments but I feel like I'll get mah *** kicked xD

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I'm not talking about the abrupt ending of the stream, I'm talking about the entire stream. There were boatloads of issues and the entire thing felt disorganized and hectic. I did enjoy watching the matches when they actually happened, though.
Unfortunately I came in late to watch the stream, but was only able to watch that one game with Ginger vs that Samus. Guess I missed all the fun ;o

Latte

Smash Ace
The only things the commentators did right were spreading Coffee Pal's fame and saying that Zelda is low tier :^)

Kidding, I really do hope that they learn from this and improve their next stream; if they host another, that is.
Unfortunately I came in late to watch the stream, but was only able to watch that one game with Ginger vs that Samus. Guess I missed all the fun ;o
You missed a lot of waiting

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh a tournament is going on/ended? How's everyone doing?

It seems to be a hated stream.
Are online tourneys even that great? I've thought of joining one, but....ehhh online tourneys...
I haven't done one but it would be my only option until I get driver's license. Is there a way to check to see if there is one?

Latte

Smash Ace
Oh a tournament is going on/ended? How's everyone doing?
The tournament is still going on, but they prematurely ended the stream. The tournament isn't hated, per se. The commentators were very bad at commentating, the stream had many issues, the entire tournament was disorganized, and there was an obvious bias against Macchiato and towards a Diddy player.

If I had to describe the entire tournament in two words, those words would be unprofessional and chaotic.

Top Bottom