• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Gorls

For real, if you get a chance to go to the Symphony of the Goddesses concerts, do so. They're amazing.

I'm so jealous you got to see them; they sound amazing. I like symphonies in general so a LoZ symphony is life.
I especially liked the Song of Healing (I'm learning it on the piano rn, actually), but all of the songs sounded fantastic. Too bad the closest they come to me is Florida :ohwell:

Wasn't there a touring symphony that did Pokemon music? I seem to recall that being a thing.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Lol yeah, no ledge invincibility haha. And Skyloft is not my most favourite of stages either.

Run it back with me another time, I'll be waiting. :)
It's a bad habit I have from Brawl, to drop from the ledge them regrab before getting back onto the stage. I'm not punished for it enough so I still do it, even though I'll punish people when I get the chance.

Don't worry about the SD, they were friendlies. My Dedede isn't the greatest (even though I really enjoy using him). Did you see all the failed Gordo Throws? I need to get more precise with them, often a Super Dedede Jump or Jet Hammer comes out instead, which sucks. I sometimes go YOLO with SDJ though.

I need more experience on non-omega stages. I play For Glory too much smh.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
D3 is the only Sakurai made character that's awful and the worse character from the Kirby series in sm4sh.

Oh geez, I need more experience with Bowser, I just lost 3 out of 4 matches I had with some really good player in For Glory. I kept telling myself that I shouldn't be having that much trouble but it happened anyway. The input lag didn't help either.
I was gonna laugh at you, but then you said input lag. I swear Frog is a precise character right? You were crippled way more than that Bowser player.

Which is why i hardly touch FG or online tournaments. Anthers ladder is slightly better because i can see where you're from before playing.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Holy moly 200+ pages since I last posted D:
( I'm still sick too >< )

Hi Gurls ^^
Thank you for your kind responses <3

I wanted to share somethin w/ u all ( though you may already know )
ITSA NEW Dissidia !!!!! for arcades only in Japan ;-;

I'm not fully hype yet.... ( no characters I like have been shown :s ) ,
but it's nice to see new stuff involving my favorite game.

How've you all been doing ?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'd complain less about Dedede if Gordos weren't worthless in projectile wars. It sucks when you have to fight a character that forces you to approach; Dedede v Megaman is the closest I've ever been in a smash game to feeling like I'd rather just turn the game off than play out the MU.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'd complain less about Dedede if Gordos weren't worthless in projectile wars. It sucks when you have to fight a character that forces you to approach; Dedede v Megaman is the closest I've ever been in a smash game to feeling like I'd rather just turn the game off than play out the MU.
Zelda beats Dedede pretty bad too. I think he's bottom tier.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I was gonna laugh at you, but then you said input lag. I swear Frog is a precise character right? You were crippled way more than that Bowser player.

Which is why i hardly touch FG or online tournaments. Anthers ladder is slightly better because i can see where you're from before playing.
Greninja has a lot of precision attached to him, yeah. I kept missing my SH F-Airs because of the input lag messing my timing and just in general mistiming things and getting punished for it.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm going to get online to play. If anyone wants to play me, just let me know.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I've been testing Naryu's Passion for the past two nights and I think that it has worthwhile uses and some potential. Love and Rejection are probably a tad better as of now because they're useful in more situations, but Passion is also a decent offensive and defensive option.

I've found it useful for punishing in some situations. The 16% damage reward is nice and is good to use when you're out of range for a Farore's Wind or a grab. You need to know the limits of its range when you use it though; if you use it incorrectly you can obviously get punished yourself.

It can also punish landings when the opponent is close enough. This can work particularly well if the opponents air dodges when landing. You do have to be careful against characters with fast aerials, but it can still work against them if used right.

Finally it has a use offstage for edgeguarding purposes, though it should be used very rarely if at all for the speedy aerials characters, as it's not hard to get hit out of Naryu's Passion in the air. This seems to work decent on characters like R.O.B and Donkey Kong from my experience (though you'll have to make a trade with Spinning Kong/Kong Cyclone with DK). It also should work on Diddy in theory, but I haven't pulled it off yet on him, so I'll have to test more with that.

I've only been able to test on lv. 9 CPUs so far, but I'll try to get someone to test customs with me on Anther's Ladder in the near future so that I can test on humans.
I use a set of 3211 in these matches. Dunno if it's a CPU-only type of thing, but Din's Flare and Phantom Slash were putting in a lot of work.

EDIT: Volume is pretty low on the videos

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296

Hi Gurls ^^

Welcome back, sis! It's been a while. :'3

I'm sorry you're still sick, but still hoping you'll feel better soon.
Me personally, I'm just keeping up with work and games, as well as preparing to move out of state in about three months' time.
Very stressful, but life keeps moving. How about you, how have you been?

btw I've never played Dissidia, or any Final Fantasy for that matter. I'm always afraid I won't like them ;_;

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'll go on record as saying that Greninja's even worse to play in lag than Meta Knight; MK at least has that crazy-strong and safe fsmash that people might bumble into in lag and move startups that make sense. Greninja lacks a strong safe hitbox to throw out, has weird timings for his shorthop aerials (fair you use while rising/at the apex then delay x frames before fastfalling accordingly, it's kind of awkward at first even without input lag), and has a hard time hitconfirming into kills for similar reasons (17f startup on fair; dtilt>usmash is really tight and gets you punished horribly on whiff).

Jab>fsmash might be harder to react to in lag though, I've never really thought to try that in laggy matches.

Zelda beats Dedede pretty bad too
lol

---

Japan's first Wii U tier list is out.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Japan does not believe in Shulk it seems. Or Robin. Or Ike. But hey, at least Marth and Lucina are close to each other this time.

It's kinda funny that the characters with an "anime" art-style as most say are lower in Japan's tier list than in most tier lists in the west.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Playing Shulk in lag is literally disgusting. Oh, I'm going to MALLC this bair so I have no lag! NOPE. MY MONADO ART ISN'T GONNA ACTIVATE AND I'M GONNA TAKE AN FSMASH TO THE FACE. smh

and lol @ Shulk, Robin, Ike, and Peach being so low on that tier list

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
What are Japan's stance on Mii Fighters with customs off? Is it just 1111, 1111 + 2222 + 3333, or any combination? It the 2nd or 3rd options, Mii Brawler's way too low because even 2222 is still super good.

Most of the list looks okay-ish though, though I have to question Charizard and Ike's low positions as well as Dedede's high-ish position.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Miis are unrestricted in japan afaik

I recall brawler being a lot higher on their previous list (Komorikiri played Brawler a ton there) but in the recent uploads he's playing Sheik now so idk, maybe their opinion on Brawler dropped.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

Hi Gurls ^^

Ooh I mentioned this new Dissidia a while back :D I will hype with you on it (Fellow dissidia fan).

I can't wait to see Ultimecia in HD and see whether she's still top tier with Knights Lance lol.

And @ Kofu Kofu how dare you, Peach has the best victory animations and lines in the entire game she can't help it that she's so sassy.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
That tier list is without customs, no? If customs are on, I have no idea why characters like DK, Ike, Kirby, Palutena, etc are so low. If they aren't on, though, it's all justified because they suck without customs. I don't know why Charizard is so low, though.

Also, anybody wanna play in a bit? Wii U, though.

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Do you ever feel.. like a plastic bag.. ♬ When using Zelda's Dair? The sound it makes when it hits an opponent, my goddess..

Soul.

that tier list is with customs off.
edit: lol Pikachu is B

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
That tier list is without customs, no? If customs are on, I have no idea why characters like DK, Ike, Kirby, Palutena, etc are so low. If they aren't on, though, it's all justified because they suck without customs. I don't know why Charizard is so low, though.

Also, anybody wanna play in a bit? Wii U, though.
Let's play

warionumbah2

Smash Master
You guys need to realize that they mainly play on omega stages, that's why it looks so jacked up. D3's MU's are complete shizzle not Little Mac level but ew, i for once agree with Machitoto on D3.

Then Shulk and Peach is low af . I sort of give up on MK's placements in lists since the majority of the community thinks he's booty butt bad because MK they don't bother to do research on the character,never played a good MK,he isn't braindead anymore etc.

The swf community list is a prime example of that(and eventhubs).

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
SHI-G (group that released that tier list) actually does Battlefield, Smashville, Lylat, and I believe T&C as well (might actually just be Apex stagelist or something, but I haven't noticed other stages on their channel). So no, that isn't an FD only tier list.

I could buy the Dedede ranking only if that isn't a list for solo maining...but a lot of the time I see Dededes on the channel I see things like Pit trying to reflect Gordos with fair so I'm willing to think it's just MU inexperience making him seem better than he is.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
GGs @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima Your Kirby is incredibly annoying :p I had fun, wish I could have been better competition but oh well.

I have 0 faith in my Zelda online though 0.0

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GGs. That homing attack kill was hilarious. Kirby just flew from the ledge to the top of the stage. I didn't know it had that much range.

I'd say you should work more on defensive play. You were really aggressive so you threw out lot of moves, which led to a lot of punishes.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
GGs. That homing attack kill was hilarious. Kirby just flew from the ledge to the top of the stage. I didn't know it had that much range.

I'd say you should work more on defensive play. You were really aggressive so you threw out lot of moves, which led to a lot of punishes.
It was really funny. I threw up my hands and wondered aloud, "Why doesn't mine ever do that?!"

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@Fernosaur don't forget that Villager has the second strongest BThrow in the game. His grab sucks but his BThow kills. Pivot Grabbing can help grab them.

@ FullMoon FullMoon I can try giving you some Bowser experience sometime, my Bowser isn't great though.

@ Lorde Lorde You can play all Ocarina songs on the piano (just the basic notes) by mapping the ascending notes to D, F, A, B, and D again.

@ UkeNicky UkeNicky it's not just the words, it's her voice.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Lorde Lorde You can play all Ocarina songs on the piano (just the basic notes) by mapping the ascending notes to D, F, A, B, and D again.
That's pretty cool. I'll have to try out some songs on the piano sometime.

I want to learn more Zelda songs, but most them are too hard for me. However, I can play all of Zelda's Lullaby and I'm about halfway through the Song of Healing. I think I want to learn the Latte Milk Bar song next but idk.

Top Bottom