• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Mega Man is fun to play as

Watching and going against him is a different story. Unless you're Diddy, Sheik, MK, etc, *insert bad MU*

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
That wasn't even a day-long relationship with Diddy. Ooh.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Unrelated and related: big, burly men with big swords. :p

Edit: What the hell though, did he grab that Iron Giant's sword and slam it into it xD ?
That seems like some Bayonetta climax finishing shi right there

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Breloom is the epitome of a Pokémon that has just the right combination of moves, abilities, and typing to be good, despite mostly mediocre stats. Though its Attack is NOT to be underestimated.

Speaking of stats, if you start comparing them Pokémon to Pokémon you'll see they can be funny. Check Onix's Attack, then check Weedle's. Go on, I'll wait.
Greninja is faster than god and has a hidden ability that is basically said god's ability, but even better.

Pokémon is silly.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Holy shi, when you realize you have all the clothes necessary for a Hiro Hamada cosplay just hanging in your closet.
LOL now all I need is my hair dyed black

ALSO. One more thing about the tournament. I want to stress that I'm still pro-3 stocks. 2 stock matches were too short

Alright, the end. Back to the lab

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Lol. I was going to reply in Colony 6. But this makes more sense.
He did REALLY well with Mega Man. He easily had the biggest crowd reaction of the day with some clutch hard read. He was one place below me

Edit 2: My bro's Mega Man's effing legit but holy ****, the matches are boring. 1 minute left ALL THE TIME. He got some super clutch KO's.
:4zelda::4lucina::4sonic::4ness::4olimar::4mario::4jigglypuff::4fox::rosalina::4luigi::4yoshi::4sheik::4charizard:
Firrrst offff...
Good job. And I bet you probably would've done better if you... you know... were used to the controller? lol

Your brother sounds like a classic defensive Mega Man. He's super duper hype when he makes reads and has the tools to do so (utilt, smashes, and dair), but he can be incredibly safe and just not kill until bthrow, BAir, or some kind of edge guard (although uairs can safely steal kills... I love uair) or just time people out completely. Clutch KO's come from your opponent doing something punishable (shield drop>utilt) or getting predictable due to you dragging out the game and reading their habits. And most people just aren't comfortable with grinding out games. Props to your bro. Send him over to the Mega Man boards and he can join the group of not dumb people there. (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one there who comes here... but the Mega Man boards can be irritatingly. dumb. Thankfully the actual MU threads aren't bad and discussion goes well with the people who like to take part.)

Also, pocket Diddys work on meh people, but I find the better players (later in the tournament) have practiced the Diddy MU enough to beat okay Diddy's. Especially Sheiks, who usually play against Diddys due to being the kind of person who plays a "top tier" and likely being around others who do the same. Mario does alright with Sheik, doesn't he? He has the frame data to compete with her and up-B/up-smash to challenge aerial approaches. I don't know why you went with the monkey.

Ugh. I need to go to tournaments. -_- Soon, I guess.

Eeedit: So it was 2-stocks... 6 or 5 minutes?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That wasn't even a day-long relationship with Diddy. Ooh.
Macchiato'd

Greninja is faster than god and has a hidden ability that is basically said god's ability, but even better.

Pokémon is silly.
Yeah but god's stats are still better with a more diverse movepool.

Not that it keeps god from being enslaved by a 12 year old kid to do their bidding.

Zelda Social Tier List:
S(a)SSTier: Nammy12,BJN39,Fuujin
A Tier: Lavani,Ffamran,SBphiloz4,XDanDan612,Twili,Latte,Mocha,JigglyZelda003,Fernosaur,Phenomiracle,Macchiato,Aleate, GingerGaymer,RaccoonBL, everyone else I can't name
C(ancer Main) Tier: berserker01(:4diddy:),bluecrow,CPU 3(:4sonic:)
L(ow self-esteem) Tier: Me
Z(ero Gravity Spamus) Tier: Aerodrome, Reserved, Nairo
Dropped Diddy. My DD is booty
Lol. I was going to reply in Colony 6. But this makes more sense.

Firrrst offff...
Good job. And I bet you probably would've done better if you... you know... were used to the controller? lol

Your brother sounds like a classic defensive Mega Man. He's super duper hype when he makes reads and has the tools to do so (utilt, smashes, and dair), but he can be incredibly safe and just not kill until bthrow, BAir, or some kind of edge guard (although uairs can safely steal kills... I love uair) or just time people out completely. Clutch KO's come from your opponent doing something punishable (shield drop>utilt) or getting predictable due to you dragging out the game and reading their habits. And most people just aren't comfortable with grinding out games. Props to your bro. Send him over to the Mega Man boards and he can join the group of not dumb people there. (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one there who comes here... but the Mega Man boards can be irritatingly. dumb. Thankfully the actual MU threads aren't bad and discussion goes well with the people who like to take part.)

Also, pocket Diddys work on meh people, but I find the better players (later in the tournament) have practiced the Diddy MU enough to beat okay Diddy's. Especially Sheiks, who usually play against Diddys due to being the kind of person who plays a "top tier" and likely being around others who do the same. Mario does alright with Sheik, doesn't he? He has the frame data to compete with her and up-B/up-smash to challenge aerial approaches. I don't know why you went with the monkey.

Ugh. I need to go to tournaments. -_- Soon, I guess.

Eeedit: So it was 2-stocks... 6 or 5 minutes?
6 minutes. At least it wasn't 5 minutes which is total BS

He actually got a bunch of hard reads from MM's d-smash. LOL. Those reads were unbelievable.

I think Shulk is okay against Sheik but I'm 100% sure that Mario handles the match up better. Problem was at the moment, I felt like my Mario wasn't trained enough so I had to rely on Shulk. Gotta train my Mario but I'm proud of my solo Shulk

I only used speed pivot grab and pivot f-tilt once in the whole tournament btw. It's just not the same ;-;

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 or @ Nammy12 Nammy12 is there any way you can get pictures of what happens when olimar grabs zelda during rejection?
Tbh I don't think it's worth getting them. To me it sounds like a weird glitch due to the weird effects of the move, kind of like how Palutena can glitch through the edge with Jump Glide and grab it backwards. Palutena's might be helpful for edgeguarding with fair, but this strange grab thing with Olimar doesn't seem to have any use

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Tbh I don't think it's worth getting them. To me it sounds like a weird glitch due to the weird effects of the move, kind of like how Palutena can glitch through the edge with Jump Glide and grab it backwards. Palutena's might be helpful for edgeguarding with fair, but this strange grab thing with Olimar doesn't seem to have any use
It's still with mentioning imo.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Dropped Diddy. My DD is booty

6 minutes. At least it wasn't 5 minutes which is total BS

He actually got a bunch of hard reads from MM's d-smash. LOL

I think Shulk is okay against Sheik but I'm 100% sure that Mario handles the match up better. Problem was at the moment, I felt like my Mario wasn't trained enough so I had to rely on Shulk. Gotta train my Mario but I'm proud of my solo Shulk

I only used speed pivot grab and pivot f-tilt once in the whole tournament btw. It's just not the same ;-;
Keep Diddy for fun and torturing little kids. It's always nice to have a slightly better than average Diddy in your pocket to just show it to people. ATM I don't really know what I'd use my Zelda for other than for fun and torturing people.

MM's d-smash is legit. I've started to love that move for hard reads... the horizontal range on it is surprisingly good (and it's such a hype move in general. Looks so good on Wii U). If Ganondorf can get reads with his frame 20 smashes, I should be able to get reads with my frame 17 dsmash. That said, I need to get back to using utilt for roll reads... Less commitment (you can literally stand still waiting to utilt because of how quick it is instead of having to pre-emptively start the attack) and it actually hits harder uncharged. Sweetspotting a moving target is kinda hard though...

Oh, and the reason why I asked about 5-6 minutes is because... imagine if it were 5 minutes. Your brother would have timed out literally every match. I'm pro 3-stock 8 minutes.

Last edited:
Olimar's grab is just janky in general.
Yeah I agree. Diddy is just janky in general

Oh, a really good Diddy player won the tournament. NO ONE IS SPARED FROM THE :4diddy::4diddy: EMPIRE

If I got the usage right...

1) :4diddy:
2) :4peach:
3) :4mario:
4) :4sheik:
5) :4shulk:
5) :4villager:
7) :4megaman::4myfriends:
7) :4drmario:

Alright, enough about the tournament. Back to sass

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Macchiato'd

Yeah but god's stats are still better with a more diverse movepool.

Not that it keeps god from being enslaved by a 12 year old kid to do their bidding.
Mega Arceus with 140 in each stat except HP and Protean when

Also I just found this

And I can't help but find it adorable. Especially since Greninja is wagging his little tail like a dog.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Macchiato Macchiato , you up for a quick FT3 before I head out? Runback time for me with the gamepad again ehehehe.

EDIT: Actually, anyone else for that matter that wants a quick FT3, give a shout!

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So I find Peach a pretty neat character in this game and wouldn't mind using her...

Except I can't stand her victory animations.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@ Macchiato Macchiato , you up for a quick FT3 before I head out? Runback time for me with the gamepad again ehehehe.

EDIT: Actually, anyone else for that matter that wants a quick FT3, give a shout!
I'll play ya boiiii

What are you talking about "Aaw... Did I win?" is the best victory animation in the whole game.
Both of her victory animations make me want to tear my ears off.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
So a couple of friends stayed over for the night, and we literally spent the whole night playing Smash. I haven't slept for almost 24 hours now, hahaha.

Anyways, one of my friends, he used to be a really good aggro :4ness: back in Brawl, and I haven't played him in ages. Turns out he suddenly became SUPER defensive in Sm4sh, and Ness being as powerful as he is in this game -seriously, there's nothing his nair can't stop, wtf- it was actually really annoying to play him with how defensive he's turned out to be. I kinda didn't want to play defensively either because we were playing friendlies and honestly having 12 minutes long friendly matches is not the way I wanna spend a Friday night, so I went generally aggro against him but f*ck, was that a pain in the ass.

It got to a point in which I got tired of his **** and I started pocketing his PK Thunders, hahaha, but then he started getting like genuinely upset and I stopped doing it for the sake of friendly fun.

Anyways, the thing I learned last night: I love Villager, but he's definitely really hard to play aggressively offline, and he's got SO much trouble killing defensive players and characters. I think I'm gonna stick to Mii Brawler for a while until I get the hang of him so I have a rushdown option up there :/. Seriously, where my Villager vs his Ness matches took like 8 minutes, my Mii Brawler could sometimes three-stock him in three. That was, of course, when I wasn't busy SD'ing :'D.

But I think I'm getting better at that.

tl;dr I'm gonna use Mii Brawler more. Also my friend sucks d*cks for becoming such a defensive sissy.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Edit: What the hell though, did he grab that Iron Giant's sword and slam it into it xD ?
That seems like some Bayonetta climax finishing shi right there
He also does wrestling moves. He alone makes the group manly since he's the only non-bishie of the group (that we know of and isn't a guest party member). :p

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Kofu Kofu , good games! Those were fun! Love to play your G&W and Villager again, I don't have much MU experience against them, and you use them very well! :)

Oh and sorry for that SD on the third match, may have caused a bit of a momentum swing, haha. ^^;;

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@ Kofu Kofu , good games! Those were fun! Love to play your G&W and Villager again, I don't have much MU experience against them, and you use them very well! :)
Thanks, yeah, those were fun! Nice followups from DThrow; I had never seen bait airdodge to DAir before lol. Nice use of Din's as well.

I might have won that ROB one if I hadn't gotten meteored at like 30% >_>

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thanks, yeah, those were fun! Nice followups from DThrow; I had never seen bait airdodge to DAir before lol. Nice use of Din's as well.

I might have won that ROB one if I hadn't gotten meteored at like 30% >_>
Lol yeah, no ledge invincibility haha. And Skyloft is not my most favourite of stages either.

Run it back with me another time, I'll be waiting. :)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh geez, I need more experience with Bowser, I just lost 3 out of 4 matches I had with some really good player in For Glory. I kept telling myself that I shouldn't be having that much trouble but it happened anyway. The input lag didn't help either.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Gorls

For real, if you get a chance to go to the Symphony of the Goddesses concerts, do so. They're amazing.

Top Bottom