• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Hm Rosalina can't gravitational pull Din's right? Does that mean Din's isn't a projectile? :o

Ganondorf is way scarier than Zelda, imo.
That's because Din's is special.

AKA no other move that's as bad as it is.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Making history!

I tend to forget that Phantom Slash is a projectile because it makes no sense for this slow, sentient, suit of armor to betray you, get pocketed by villager, or eaten by Rosalina. I just really wish we could store the charge, that it didn't have a giant blind spot in front of itself, and that it didn't get killed so easily.

I'm not even sure if Ganondorf is worse than Zelda. He has a better air game for one. He's got great melee range. He can KO you in about 5 hits. When he hits you, he's actually hitting you and you don't have to cross your fingers and hope that the rest of his attack hits. Honestly, Ganondorf's biggest problem is that you need to be a prophet in order to play him at all. If you aren't getting all of your hard reads right, then he has nothing to work with. And much like Zelda, he has no approach either.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Our emotions are running high 'cause we're talking about how horrifically bad Zelda is.

It's the emotions man, the emotions. Those Pikabi**hes have nothing on us.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Lol we just call her Zeldawful all the time instead of actually finding out techs with her and that's how we make it one of the most active threads in the Smash 4 boards.

We all deserve a group hug. :3

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Swordfighter? Probably better

Charizard? No

Kirby? No

Dr Mario? No

WFT? ..... I don't know

Link? Lolno

Meta Knight? He's not a bad character to behing with

Ganondorf? Now that's a tight race for bottom
I think she's better than meta knight. He's pretty bad this game.

I think she's better than falco and meta knight. Wario is bad too do maybe. I think charizard is bottom tier. He's downright bottom tier

I wonder how zelda would be doing if nairo didn't push her

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
That's the thing. Her playstyle is still a mystery to me and if that's really her intended design, I'm not feeling it

I'm pretty mixed regarding high risk high reward styles. There's a reason I shifted from using buster at the start to using speed THEN buster at the start when I play Shulk. Then again, buster is fine if you're sure that you can outplay your opponent
but Buster has the rewards value making it worthwhile, other than faroes elevator sometimes it feels zelda doesn't have enough rewards for doing things, thats like the main problem i have with her now nerfs from brawl aside.

Swordfighter's off stage game is good. Chakrams, shurikens/gale, and pretty much its aerials in general help a lot. He's meant to be played defensively and he has the (although not that good for a sword character) range to take advantage of
poke/defense game is excellent, and heavy swordsman has alot of reach, but i think its still just outshined by the other two so much more. especially gunner and his effectively deadly cqc game. also laggiest fsmash ever lol

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Making history!

I tend to forget that Phantom Slash is a projectile because it makes no sense for this slow, sentient, suit of armor to betray you, get pocketed by villager, or eaten by Rosalina. I just really wish we could store the charge, that it didn't have a giant blind spot in front of itself, and that it didn't get killed so easily.

I'm not even sure if Ganondorf is worse than Zelda. He has a better air game for one. He's got great melee range. He can KO you in about 5 hits. When he hits you, he's actually hitting you and you don't have to cross your fingers and hope that the rest of his attack hits. Honestly, Ganondorf's biggest problem is that you need to be a prophet in order to play him at all. If you aren't getting all of your hard reads right, then he has nothing to work with. And much like Zelda, he has no approach either.
People generally forget Phantom Slash is a projectile because it resembles nothing like a projectile... and yet, you can reflect it. And you have to charge it. But you can't store it. I am crying as I type this.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Zelda may suck as a character. But her community is great, OK ;]

#stickingthrubottomtier
From SmashWiki
"Zelda's decline started slowly, with her only falling two places on the second tier list. But it picked up on the third tier list with her falling four places, and then she took a nose dive on the fourth tier list to 35th in bottom tier as the fourth worst character. She fell even farther to being ranked the second worst character on the fifth tier list, and has been stuck there since, which is also the largest tier drop any character experienced in Brawl. Nowadays Zelda's position is just as low, and there are some players who even think that Zelda is the worst character in Brawl and not Ganondorf. While Zelda does have a few players dedicated to using her, her overall playerbase is very small and makes virtually no impact, thus there's little hope Zelda's competitive prospects will ever improve in Brawl."

Phhhh small playerbase....we have 13 USERS.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
That's the thing. Her playstyle is still a mystery to me and if that's really her intended design, I'm not feeling it

The reason why Morrigan rocketed to top tier was because she became the lamest character in fighting game history. Thank ChrisG for that. I had to drop Phoenix Wright because of this (Other than the fact that turnabout mode had only one low hitting attack)

Swordfighter's off stage game is good. Chakrams, shurikens/gale, and pretty much its aerials in general help a lot. He's meant to be played defensively and he has the (although not that good for a sword character) range to take advantage of

I'm pretty mixed regarding high risk high reward styles. There's a reason I shifted from using buster at the start to using speed THEN buster at the start when I play Shulk. Then again, buster is fine if you're sure that you can outplay your opponent

Swordfighter? Probably better

Charizard? No

Kirby? No

Dr Mario? No

WFT? ..... I don't know

Link? Lolno

Meta Knight? He's not a bad character to behing with

Ganondorf? Now that's a tight race for bottom
I am sorry but you dropped Phoenix Wright because he's a bad character. Like Zelda.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>Not using Vergil and/or Dr. Doom in UMvC3

What are you doing to your poor soul? ; w ;

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Imo the characters that R worst than zelda: :4charizard::4ganondorf::4metaknight::4olimar::4wario::4falco::4link::4miisword::4drmario::4kirby::4bowser::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:

May I remind that her dtilt goes under edges like I think she has an advantage over rosalina

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If Metaknight still has aerials and a dsmash that comes out on frame 3 or 4, then there is no way he's a bad character. The range nerf really hurts though. As well as the inability to short hop autocancel anything that isn't dair. But he's got a few reliable KO options and he has no problem tacking on damage. Air dodging Metaknight in the air is bad and will just get you hit by another attack. Plus, his recovery is still insanely good. He may have been the only character to get hurt by ledge trump mechanics because even Captain Falcon is tougher to gimp now than he was before.

Plus, dthrow to shuttle loop is legit unless you're one of those ultra light characters. His up throw is a KO move once you reach 140% and this is notable because that's gonna happen a lot obv.

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
If Metaknight still has aerials and a dsmash that comes out on frame 3 or 4, then there is no way he's a bad character. The range nerf really hurts though. As well as the inability to short hop autocancel anything that isn't dair. But he's got a few reliable KO options and he has no problem tacking on damage. Air dodging Metaknight in the air is bad and will just get you hit by another attack. Plus, his recovery is still insanely good. He may have been the only character to get hurt by ledge trump mechanics because even Captain Falcon is tougher to gimp now than he was before.

Plus, dthrow to shuttle loop is legit unless you're one of those ultra light characters. His up throw is a KO move once you reach 140% and this is notable because that's gonna happen a lot obv.
Maybe not meta knight but I'm almost certain that 90% of the others are correct

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Rosie can't suck up Dins, only cancel it out like villager when he tries to pocket it...I'd rather keep Dins functioning the same and just make it better.

I wouldn't mind so much if Phantom stayed reflectable, but what i want to know is where is the durability? you would Think Zelda put all her magic into charging Tetra up to protect herself but Phantom dies from stupidly weak hits even at full power. and then you have to wait for her soul to regather itself for so long and people can see it...

@ Hyrule Candy Hyrule Candy Zelda jab stuffs diddy monkey kick, so i'll say Zelda is better than Diddy in the fight lol

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Nintendo knows these boards exist, that they've ignored all criticism we've done of Zelda in the past three Smashes proves they think we're insane.

That feeling you get when you pick up any other character after playing Zelda forever and get that "this character is amazing" vibe.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I would be okay with a Phantom that can't be stored if it stayed out longer and had more stamina. Then it could serve as something like Villager's tree.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i believe Zelda can beat Rosie, but its like the opposite of fighting Falcon. while he's running around breathing down your neck rosie is sitting by patiently watching you sweat
I would be okay with a Phantom that can't be stored if it stayed out longer and had more stamina. Then it could serve as something like Villager's tree.
i would like if Phantom was on a call back system with higher actual stamina, like you call him out and after he attacks he just sits there until you call him back. makes a better shield for hiding behind

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Zelda does well against Diddy in the sense that if he's forced to use his UpB to recover back to the stage against her, then he he might as well just fall into the blast zone and save himself the trouble. Otherwise, I'm not seeing the advantage for Zelda at all but I do lack knowledge on that match up.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Talking about my Zelda amiibo with my friend in Super Waifu Simulator 4--... I mean, Super Smash Bros. 4. :^)

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
:4falco: ~ he is just not good this game. His projectiles r as useless as dins fire. His air game has lots of lag. Well his moves in general. I just think he's bottom
:4diddy:~ everyone's better than diddy duhhhh
:4bowser: ~ I think his moves R easier to punish than zelda and he's pretty predictable. He's also easily comboed.
:4kirby: ~ he can't approach either and not having a projectile doesn't help. He's also super light to like the elevator can work at 55 on him. He has no grab combos.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I should be heading to sleep soon, but if anyone wants to play some matches, I'm up for it. NNID is Alphatron. You can choose the ruleset. If we're doing custom moves, then no equipment.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
:4falco: ~ he is just not good this game. His projectiles r as useless as dins fire. His air game has lots of lag. Well his moves in general. I just think he's bottom
:4diddy:~ everyone's better than diddy duhhhh
:4bowser: ~ I think his moves R easier to punish than zelda and he's pretty predictable. He's also easily comboed.
Falco's ground game is fast. If you clash with him you are going to get hit immediately after. Falco wins at 'Super Footsie Bros'. His lasers are still above average projectiles. Try not approaching Falco as nearly any character. His reflector is amazing. His dair is no longer dumb but he's not helpless in the air either.

Diddy is Diddy. Please nerf him.

Bowser is probably bad against Zelda, I agree. But overall I feel he's a more solid character.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Reading this thread is always so funny and depressing at the same time, Zelda players are the most cynical players ever xD

I hope she gets some buffs in a future patch, I always cry whenever I see Zelda using USmash in this game, it's so bad compared to what it was in Brawl :(

Top Bottom