• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
ehh. Kr0nos didn't know the matchup or play nearly as safe enough. At least, from the first 3 minutes that I saw. Z-dropped metal blade isn't gonna do anything to Doc's up-B and it seems like he can't keep out Doc at all, which Mega Man has the tools to do so.

That said, I'm a super defensive Mega Man, so that's where I'm coming from. A lot of Megas have issues with Mario/Doc's air movement, but like... RAR BAir destroys their BAir pokes and aerial approaches and pellets are pellets. Metal blade + leaf shield setup is overrated in neutral, IMO.

Edit: not sure why I watched the whole thing. Only 1 gimp on Doc when BAir destroys Doc's recovery... Kr0nos just let Doc do whatever he wanted as if he was Sheik. Like... wat?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It makes sense. Looking at the data, the autocancel window is only 8 frames after the sourspot hitbox ends, which is the same autocancel window for Diddy's UAir.

I don't know what you can do off of the sourspot though.
Neither do I, but I guess it could cover landings or something since a landing Fair while powerful, is risky because of the landing lag.

Anyway, I'm going to revive the dress thing. :p
This is clever...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Brief testing with fullhop dair suggests it sets up grabs at 0-mid% against a grounded opponent, might have different applications if it hits them in the air idk

I really want to believe something like fh dair>jc sideB>bair would work at kill percent but I couldn't get it to combo ;_;

EDIT: I guess fh dair>jc sideB>bair doesn't combo but if they miss the tech after dair it can work at certain percents

fh dair>uthrow>uair(>nair/bair) is what I was mostly looking at (~40%), which does seem to work at lower percents even if they're in the air when hit with dair, so long as they aren't far off the ground. If you hit them higher up I don't think there are followups available.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hey @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd what dew yew think about soaring tornado. I personally love it. It gives him a much better recovery and allows him to use ol' one two which is super strong. The hit is also strong and it's great for edgeguarding. I like using 2332 with doc.
Good for certain MUs, okay for others. There's only really a few MUs where you have to pick between Nado 1 and 2 seriously (Sonic and Pikachu for instance, the former you want Nado-1, the latter Nado-2 to help you recover), the rest is just playstyle and how you want to go about punishing with Down-B.

Also take off Ol' One Two it's pretty bad compared to his up+B 1. There's a lot of talk about it but you can't reverse Up+B 3 on hit among a LOT of other things.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So I've been trying to figure how this girl feels about me. She seems like she really likes me, but then she gets really distant. It is confusing the crap out of me! I need clearer signals!
Bahahaha! That means she likes you, and this is a good like as well. Unlike some of the bimbos that come my way. You really aren't going to get any more clear signals than that. I'd say if she is cute and to your liking, get the guts to ask her out.
Alternatively she is getting distant because she likes you, but she is in another relationship... That can be a hairy situation....
BAHAHAHAHAHA!
So yes, Ganondorf gives you the encouragement to pursue the girl! Ganondorf loves to kill those that are in happy relationships!

Soul.

Damn the Classic Controller sucks.
imo imo imo dont hurt me no more what is love

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So someone 3-stocked me with Sonic earlier today and I just fought them again and they didn't remember me until I selected Greninja, at which point they said

"You are the one with the scary Ninja, lol"

And I'm like

Though at the very least I managed to get him down to one stock all the times we played this time.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Ffamran Ffamran
Things with fh dair I've found:

fh dair>jab
fh dair>ftilt
fh dair>dsmash (23%; at 40% on Ike)
fh dair>grab>stuff (at 0~60%; until it starts launching)
fh dair>dtilt>RAR bair (30% damage; at 60% on Ike)
fh dair>jc sideB>bair (28%; at ~100% on Ike, if they don't tech the dair)
fh dair trip>coffee break>whatever your heart desires (0~60%; until it starts launching)

Soul.

Someone is saying Fox isn't viable on the Character Competitive Impressions thread and I'm like "wat"
Would you say it's better then the Gamepad? I should really invest in a gamecube controller adapter. The gamepad's other stick annoys me. Sometimes it doesn't even work. >.>
Personally I would use the GamePad for the screen alone. It's decent but if I were to choose I'd opt for the Pro Controller.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Good for certain MUs, okay for others. There's only really a few MUs where you have to pick between Nado 1 and 2 seriously (Sonic and Pikachu for instance, the former you want Nado-1, the latter Nado-2 to help you recover), the rest is just playstyle and how you want to go about punishing with Down-B.

Also take off Ol' One Two it's pretty bad compared to his up+B 1. There's a lot of talk about it but you can't reverse Up+B 3 on hit among a LOT of other things.
I'm in quarter finals guys. I've only used doc

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Someone is saying Fox isn't viable on the Character Competitive Impressions thread and I'm like "wat"

Personally I would use the GamePad for the screen alone. It's decent but if I were to choose I'd opt for the Pro Controller.
If I was playing on an HD TV (which I'm most certainly sure all of you who have a Wii U do)
Why would I downgrade to the petty gamepad screen? I dunno. I've been using the gc controller literally ever since I've been playing smash bros. Well, except when I play 3ds. But when I play on the Wii u I Will only use the gc controller.

Soul.

If I was playing on an HD TV (which I'm most certainly sure all of you who have a Wii U do)
Why would I downgrade to the petty gamepad screen? I dunno. I've been using the gc controller literally ever since I've been playing smash bros. Well, except when I play 3ds. But when I play on the Wii u I Will only use the gc controller.
ur icon is gold
I dunno, I'd prefer playing on the GamePad as a screen with a Pro Controller. Sometimes you just don't want to see Seizure Destination in omg HD.
Yellow Doc for the win.
idk what to say

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
TGC update

Our sister Slush has lost to Fliphop in winners and Mindgames at losers (Unfortunately)
MegaFox won at singles. MJG and Shaky won at doubles (?)
Dallas still didn't win anything again
Houston had Trela, Fliphop and BC at top 8
Edit: SA wins

http://challonge.com/TGC1singles/standings
People are keeping up to date with me...
;;

I'm flattered.
Mindgames is Samboner btw, Best fox along with Ozz back in the brawl days.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hate RNG, chances, and luck so freaking much. I just had a match against a Mr. Game & Watch who landed two 9 Judges in a row. The first time was like, "Oh, he's standing there, so I'll Side Smash!"; I whiff it and Mr. Game & Watch's hammer slams onto my head. Boop. Dead. Second time was literally run and try to hit him, but using Judge while falling is a thing. Boop. Dead again. Replay's up for those who enjoy my suffering.

Oh, and I just found out that Sheik's Burst Grenade will tank Mega Man's Side Smash.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
ur icon is gold
I dunno, I'd prefer playing on the GamePad as a screen with a Pro Controller. Sometimes you just don't want to see Seizure Destination in omg HD.

idk what to say
Ya, I have to admit Dest does get flashy and distracting. Other than that then the TV is much better.
As for teh icon, ya is gold. I drew it myself if you care

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I hate RNG, chances, and luck so freaking much. I just had a match against a Mr. Game & Watch who landed two 9 Judges in a row. The first time was like, "Oh, he's standing there, so I'll Side Smash!"; I whiff it and Mr. Game & Watch's hammer slams onto my head. Boop. Dead. Second time was literally run and try to hit him, but using Judge while falling is a thing. Boop. Dead again. Replay's up for those who enjoy my suffering.

Oh, and I just found out that Sheik's Burst Grenade will tank Mega Man's Side Smash.
I hate the RNG too. Oh, a Villager using dair while I'm offstage? One or two turnips, that's fine. NOPE. THREE TURNIPS AND I GET SPIKED.

Oh and Sheik's grenades invalidate every energy projectile, and some physical (it doesn't make Mega Man's Metal Blade disappear, for example.) They also explode faster if they collide with a projectile.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I hate the RNG too. Oh, a Villager using dair while I'm offstage? One or two turnips, that's fine. NOPE. THREE TURNIPS AND I GET SPIKED.

Oh and Sheik's grenades invalidate every projectile. They also explode faster if they collide with a projectile.
And do more damage iirc.

Soul.

Hate RNG? Come play Pokémon games :troll:

Ya, I have to admit Dest does get flashy and distracting. Other than that then the TV is much better.
As for teh icon, ya is gold. I drew it myself if you care
It's all about preference so yeah lol. that's cool

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Oh and Sheik's grenades invalidate every projectile. They also explode faster if they collide with a projectile.
I hate RNGs in any game, especially if they're fake like in Dokapon Kingdom where it's all predetermined. As for Burst Grenade, I don't use Sheik much, so I didn't know and it was funny watching Mega Man charge a Side Smash, shoot a blank, and Burst Grenade explodes in his face.

I ended up beating the Mr. Game & Watch player who switched to Lucario and I think switched to someone else who I 2-stocked. It was infuriating how luck (and lag) made me lose that first match. The player wasn't even setting it up with D-throw, it was just throw out Judge and hope for the best!

Also, apparently you can dash or buffer a dash and cause Sheik to run off the ledge while using Burst Grenade. It made me SD! The Circle Pad also makes wall clings more of a nuisance.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If you're not using the black Doc costume then idk what to say
I guess it's THAT TIME again:

RNG sux

It beats EVERYTHING

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
speaking of Megaman, what do you do? cause i'm at a loss and probably need to go jigglypuff or Wii fit cause Peach nor Zelda have an answer i need to mega :v

i'd rather fight diddy

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
speaking of Megaman, what do you do? cause i'm at a loss and probably need to go jigglypuff or Wii fit cause Peach nor Zelda have an answer i need to mega :v

i'd rather fight diddy
You find some spikes and lay them around the stage or use Sonic as a shield. :p

D

Deleted member

I would do the same thing lol. I'm not getting a GameCube controller for this game. I just find it too clunky (that's me, anyway).

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

i'd rather fight diddy
I always thought Zelda was kinda good vs Megaman, Nayru helps reflect his stronger projectiles and Idk isn't she usually pretty effective against the campy types?

I love reflecting big projectiles, I was playing against a friend and KOed him by reflecting Thoron. He was sooo salty xD

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Nairo proving my point that Dark Pit/Pit is high tier, his MU's are so clean. Like beserk said he doesn't wreck anyone like MK wrecks Little Mac but he doesn't get wrecked by anyone.

Just as i was typing this he won against M2K.

So when i say MK is high tier i ain't talking out my butt cheeks.:yeahboi:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Nairo proving my point that Dark Pit/Pit is high tier, his MU's are so clean. Like beserk said he doesn't wreck anyone like MK wrecks Little Mac but he doesn't get wrecked by anyone.

Just as i was typing this he won against M2K.
Wrong thread? 'Cause the Character Competitive Impressions thread had someone ask about the Pits being high tier.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Currently playing Melee with a fightstick.
It actually works kind of half decent. I find it a bit easier to wave dash when all the buttons are controlled by one hand but the joystick itself is a bit of a problem since its digital and not analog.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Pits are legit, and I'm pretty sure they have more range than the other swordsmen this time (Monados excluded :4shulk:). They're just solid all-rounders imo and have tools for everything. Only time I saw people being down on them was at release when people thought their kill power was bad (their smashes are fine+some of the fastest to start in the game and their edgeguarding is great)

i'd rather fight diddy
Is Peach really bad against Megaman? I'd think being able to float over his projectiles would be useful...though I guess his aerials can challenge her at float height just fine too, but then I guess I'm a little confused as to where Jiggs is better.

Top Bottom