• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
No I'm very sure you can just DI out of it and 100% sure you can at least airdodge out of them, probably second jump as well.

In other news I JUST UNLOCKED ALL OF ZELDA'S CUSTOMS SOMEONE GIVE ME AN AWARD!!!

*insert gif of someone receiving an award while crying*
Actually yew can't DI nair or fair or bair but DIing can help avoid uair. Also yew can't airdodge its a true combo

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
No I'm very sure you can just DI out of it and 100% sure you can at least airdodge out of them, probably second jump as well.

In other news I JUST UNLOCKED ALL OF ZELDA'S CUSTOMS SOMEONE GIVE ME AN AWARD!!!

*insert gif of someone receiving an award while crying*
well didn't think I'd find a pic so fitting so quickly

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
He's not THAT good tbh. Counterpick character. She's got too much polarizing match ups (Reflectors and MEGA MAN)
Mega man sure, but aside from falco's reflector and maybe the Marios, reflectors don't really do much against villager since he has some pretty good non-projectiles as well. Nair, Axe, Turnips, his tilts. Not to mention he has pocket if he really wants to protect himself from his own reflected projectiles.

Can't say I agree with him not being high tier. But is he an excellent counterpick character? Yes.
@ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL good games! They were quite fun. I hope you got a good sense of Zelda, though I'm not the best at her. :p
GG to you as well. Even though I don't play Zelda, I do have to say you used Din's fire a little too much. I got a lot of free hits in due to it.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I just find that with because a lot of characters in this game are "viable", it is just a matter of who can adapt better against their opponents.

I know :4zelda:,:4charizard:and:4ganondorf: can definitely be good in the right hands, but they need to follow their gameplan and avoid falling in their opponent's. Unfortunately, their gameplan is relatively linear with not much room for deviation, which is definitely exploitable. For someone like :4diddy:and:4sheik:, they have multiple options to deal with said opponent, hence why they are higher in the tiers. Not saying the former characters are bad, but just cannot adapt as well. Thus, someone has to occupy the bottom end of the tier list.

Then you have stupid characters like :4wario:who have only one stupidly good gameplan.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Since a lot of us are saying thaT :4zelda: beats :rosalina:, a definite high tier threat, is Zelda still the worst in the game?

It's hard to say for me because we at least have some nice favourable MUs in this game compared to Brawl, but I mean a bottom tier character can still be bottom even with a good MU against a top tier.

Take Hugo (SO BAD LOL) vs. Yun (easy Top 10 material) in USF4.
I was gonna type up a thing but it's probably not a good idea considering I'm not that well-versed in a lot of the characters on the lower end

Looking at it in terms of MUs I'd guess she's better than :4samus::4lucina::4miisword: but I think that's about it.

Just a question but can't you tech Flame choke's knockdown?
You can, but it doesn't save you from followups.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Because of the Ganon MU i became the campiest MK ever. Dair camping is effective against Ganon since its easy to react to his Uair, i practice alot against this mofo. Staying in the air at a certain range lowers the threat, no surprise Flame chock or Wizarrd foot all he can do is throw fair or uair.

twitch is full of babies im watching a clash tournament livestream and the announcer is saying "smash 4 players..." then the comments are saying "Trash 4" or "Tr4sh" funny nicknames i give em that.

Zelda is most likely better than Lucina and Samus.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@Lozjam a little late obvi, but I felt I should clear up I was sort of joking about Ganon in bottom tier, something legit just seemeT to click for him in the transition and he's surprisingly viable for what seems to be very few large changes.

someone has to occupy the bottom end of the tier list.
^ Something that could not be grasped in P:M while I was around there."

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
His reward per hit relative to the cast is a lot better than in Brawl, he no longer needs to worry about people stealing the ledge from him, and with swordies being bleh in general in this game he actually has some of the best range in the game on his attacks.

Those are all pretty big things imo, and I don't think they're really all that changed for him either (not that versed in the character, there was a lot of muddled information regarding him at release)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Hey @TTTTTsd what dew yew think about soaring tornado. I personally love it. It gives him a much better recovery and allows him to use ol' one two which is super strong. The hit is also strong and it's great for edgeguarding. I like using 2332 with doc.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Interesting article about Smash 4: http://pastebin.com/VpkMMBsi
Only really skimmed it, but from what I did read, he has a huge point. The smash 4 community's self defeating attitude is just going to...self-defeat us.

I actually do remember how fantastic the brawl community was even if I couldn't be a part of it myself.

All this negativity I always see for smash 4 doesn't help at all.

Just checked the tournament result thread. Saw one tournament link

Someone won with :4miisword::4duckhunt::4diddy:

Yep. Swordfighter. YEP. I made an impression on SF waaay back:
I'm using tall/skinny Mii for this one

Jab is good in general. Compared to most of his moves, it comes out fast plus it deals 11% damage if you link all of the hits. Fairly basic stuff. Other than counter (which is also a solid custom down B), jab is one of your bets options against pressure. F-tilt is pretty good. The range is fairly decent and it's relatively safe on shield. It's just the ending lag that hurts. This sort of reminds me of a shorter ranged, less damaging f-tilt of Shulk. D-tilt is really quick, and long ranged. It also has decent knockback so it's good for creating space. U-tilt's range is surprisingly amazing. It's great for juggling and it's a solid anti-air. Dash attack is fairly straight forward as an attack. It's good for chasing down (it's safer than power thrust at early percentages) but it's punishable on shield. Typical dash attack stuff

F-smash has good range, knockback and damage but it comes out very late and the ending lag is unforgiving so I would advise anyone to relegate this for punishing and knocking out only. U-smash.... Eh. It's fairly hard to land plus the ending lag is enormous. This attack will only fully connect if you land the first hit. I don't think you can land the second or third hit on grounded opponents IMO, u-air is probably more reliable for vertical KO's despite U-smash's knockback power. D-smash's range looks really poor at visual sight but I tried spacing this at 1/4 speed. The range seems fine but that's because I'm using a Mii variant that increases range. This is probably your quickest smash attack. This usually would mean that you'd try to KO with this smash attack the most but the twist is that the 2nd hit is actually the hit that has a lot of knockback. The 1st hit KO's from the opponent's starting position at 151% (on Mario). The 2nd hit KO's from the same position at 125%. The best way you can KO with d-smash is through punishing rolls

N-air is great. I get it. It doesn't have much landing lag and it covers a good amount of space. It's not perfect though. The damage output from N-air is pitiful (4%). Also, N-air is unsafe on shields. This attack isn't best used for poking or rushing down in a manner of let's say Shulk's n-air (Which has to be tipped). It's probably better for edgeguarding or running away where in you can do backward SH + N-air. I'm not sure but it seems like SH N-air would look to be a pretty good OoS option but I still have yet to actually try it out. F-air is pretty much my least favorite aerial. The landing lag is noticeable. More importantly, it's hard to get all hits to connect but that's probably just me. Plus if I were to ever edgeguard off-stage, I'm better of with n-air, b-air or d-air. D-air is pretty much like Kirby's d-air which is really good for gimping off-stage although and obviously, it's a horrible idea to try using this on stage. U-air is amazing. It KO's at pretty low %'s. This is Mii Swordfighter's best KO option imo, even when the opponent is grounded. You can combo off d-throw to u-air for some damage. B-air's reward is great: Really good damage output and knockback. The only problem is the range and trying to land this may prove to be difficult. Regardless, you should always try using this move when you're going for the off-stage KO if ever you don't have that much faith on d-air

I'm only going to talk about the custom specials that I've tried out. I don't feel like I can talk about input on Gale Strike because I haven't used it yet. Shurikens of Light is better for zoning than Chakrams because it's a lot more spammable. Use it to force opponents to approach because you don't want them to force you to approach. Blurring blade is pretty unreliable in general. The last hit won't combo so anyone can interrupt the last hit by shielding it for the free punish. Airborne assault would be alright if it weren't so easily telegraphed and easy to punish. Chakrams are really good. Not as spammable as SoL but you can do a lot of tricks with Chakrams. First, they can be used to zone or force approaches like SoL (SoL does it better though). My favorite way of using chakrams is by throwing them for a short distance. With that throw variation, you can do so much with the lasting hitbox in front of you: edgeguard and defense. The short throw variation allows Chakram to last quite long on stage so you can get crafty with that. All the down B's seem solid. Counter is really good. Reversal slash is great for gimping recoveries and reflecting projectiles. Power thrust easily punishes rolls and landings although it's unsafe at earlier percentages. All his up B's are mediocre. His up B 1 is pretty much bad in general and you shouldn't pick it since it's bad as a recovery and as an attack. His up B 2 deals good amount of damage but it's really easy to edgeguard. Up B 3 is pretty much the all-around recovery that I'd use. It's basically Link's spin attack. Just think about it that way

We all get the gist. Swordfighter is best played defensively. Take advantage of your disjoint, and force the approach with projectiles. This is all I'll input anyway. All of these are just my opinion

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Okay so just :4samus::4lucina: now I guess

Honestly though, why would I use :4miisword: over :4link::4tlink:? They have the same gameplan but the Links have mostly better buttons to do it with; Swordfighter's projectile game is worse, and most of his normals are worse too (barring like, uair/dair and grab). The main perk I see to Swordfighter is the cape downB, otherwise I have a hard time seeing him as anything other than a worse Link.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Okay. Can anyone give me any tips to fighting Sonic? For real, I can't figure out how to deal with his shenanigans with the spring and that lagless D-Air of his.

This serious talk is amazing guys. We didn't even notice that we're 16 pages away from the 600th page. Also, 22 users and 3 guests
Customs or no customs? Swordfighter without customs is garbage.
Not really sure. It wasn't specified. He also used Brawler btw

Soul.

This serious talk is amazing guys. We didn't even notice that we're 16 pages away from the 600th page. Also, 22 users and 3 guests

Not really sure. It wasn't specified. He also used Brawler btw
Well this is Competitive Talk 2.0 Social Ver. so it's okay.
no mii gunner/10

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Okay. Can anyone give me any tips to fighting Sonic? For real, I can't figure out how to deal with his shenanigans with the spring and that lagless D-Air of his.
Lay out a trail of chili dogs to a stupid trap. You're a ninja; ninjas know about traps. :p

Against a campy Sonic, all I can say is wait for him to screw up. Against an aggressive one, pretty much the same thing. I guess try to interrupt his approaches and find a pattern. I don't think I fought a lot of Sonics as Greninja, so I don't really know.

Anyway, A2 noticed this about exploiting Falco's full hop. I haven't tried it yet.
D-air is fine when you read a low recovery. Or you can do what I've been experimenting with and learn the spacing for autocanceled D-air (requires fullhop height).

Seriously guys, autocanceled D-air is maaaaad underrated. Especially when in juggle situations, you can use the massive lingering hitbox to cover options, and this can actually hit most characters on the ground aside from the shortest ones. If they actually get hit by the end of the move, you can get legitimate combos from it.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So I've been trying to figure how this girl feels about me. She seems like she really likes me, but then she gets really distant. It is confusing the crap out of me! I need clearer signals!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lay out a trail of chili dogs to a stupid trap. You're a ninja; ninjas know about traps. :p

Against a campy Sonic, all I can say is wait for him to screw up. Against an aggressive one, pretty much the same thing. I guess try to interrupt his approaches and find a pattern. I don't think I fought a lot of Sonics as Greninja, so I don't really know.

Anyway, A2 noticed this about exploiting Falco's full hop. I haven't tried it yet.
He's talked about that before, but I hadn't realized until now how long Falco's dair stays out for. Kinda just forgot about the late hit entirely lol

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Just checked the tournament result thread. Saw one tournament link

Someone won with :4miisword::4duckhunt::4diddy:

Yep. Swordfighter. YEP. I made an impression on SF waaay back:
I don't know anything about SF other than the Kirby DAir gimps (which I see a lot of thanks to our resident Kirby mod), but winning a tournament is kinda... whatever to me. I mean... how many games are you playing in a tournament max? 8? And if you have 3 characters, the max you played is 5 games with that character and early rounds you probably just outplayed your opponent.

Iunno. I'm skeptical. I wish I knew more about SF though... he gets a really bad rep.
It makes sense. Looking at the data, the autocancel window is only 8 frames after the sourspot hitbox ends, which is the same autocancel window for Diddy's UAir.

I don't know what you can do off of the sourspot though.

So I've been trying to figure how this girl feels about me. She seems like she really likes me, but then she gets really distant. It is confusing the crap out of me! I need clearer signals!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRDzc25uxs Relevant.

Last edited:
Boom. There you have it. Although that isn't a solid sign, it's definitely saying something especially when her feelings are obvious

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Boom. There you have it. Although that isn't a solid sign, it's definitely saying something especially when her feelings are obvious
I wish I could see it as that easy. I'm just not sure if I'm peojecting my feelings on her or if I'm seeing what I want to see. My last girlfriend was super toxic, so I'm really feeling nervous about it all.

Also thank you for the link Locke xD

Soul.

Evening Smashville / Town and City is so boring.
lol just saw this

Last edited:
Top Bottom