• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Iai counter, and dashing shield breaker are the customs I run with Marth. I'm not really sure about his side B or up B customs

Soul.

Side B customs are garbage lol. Side B 2 is Effortless Blade which lets you use only the standard Side B with no combination; you have more time to connect a hit. Side B 3 is Heavy Blade which is slower, more punishable (?), and has no combo potential because it has a lot of knockback. Default Side B is better

Up B customs are meh. Fthrow > Crescent Slash would be "reliable" if it also gave Marcina some vertical distance. But it's mostly horizontal so you need to guess. Dolphin Jump is idk, Dolphin Slash without the hitbox

edit: even though this is obvious

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Was humming this on the walk home since it was fitting for the weather.
One of the better route themes imo.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Have fun @ FullMoon FullMoon - get some matches saved if you can!

And girls... I'm sitting here shivering in 40 degree weather when you guys are dealing with snow and blizzards. It's just. So. Cold. x.x
I have so many matches to upload as is =V

Plus I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to set up my capture card there.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Rosalina boards = go for characters that obviously lose to her and pick characters you will barely see in tournaments

Meta ga- pardon me Meta knight boards = aim for the best, screw the rest.

Follow our example falco boards make a difference today.
I never understood their mentality with the MU thread either. You'd think you'd want to tackle the important MUs first but...I dunno lol

With the rating system and contribution method they have I'd rather just listen to the thoughts of a pro Rosa player than see MUs being ranked because "I don't know how to beat Yoshi's nair halp" or "Rosalina is my waifu so she is better than this scumbag character!" or "well rosalina is higher on the tier list so she wins"

Iai counter, and dashing shield breaker are the customs I run with Marth. I'm not really sure about his side B or up B customs
Someone's gonna need to explain the appeal of dash shield breaker to me, it does butts for (shield) damage so is it just for recovery? I'd think having a tool that makes the opponent afraid to shield would have more value. Then again Marcina's recovery is kinda bad

All three upBs seem usable based on preference, all sideBs suck

I was talking about match up discussions and all that
"Was."
Not anymore we aren't.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Who hoo! I'm getting let our early from school due to snowfall, sisters! :joyful:

It's the pretty kind too! None of that boring ice. We don't get snow like this too often, so it's pretty cool.

/deardiary
So normally in Utah we get a lot of snow during the winter ("greatest snow on earth" is one of our license plate catchphrases and we get a lot of money from snow sports tourism). This winter, however, it's only snowed twice and it only stuck around a week, if that. We've had temperatures around the 50s or higher for the past few months.

Also reposting this here because it'll get more attention than in the Villager social:
I just got a shieldbreak KO with Villager's jab on For Glory.

I've lost hope in the general player base.

Soul.

when you use Mac in for glory you need to ask yourself this:
"am I eating a Big Mac?" If you aren't, your chances of losing rise up to 90%
:troll:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Did smash run for an hour

I don't think this is any better than classic for customs and honestly it seems a lot worse to me, but I got Dark Pit finished and it was something new to do I guess

Also, I think Smart Bombs changed in 1.0.5. Used to be that while stuck in the explosion you'd just stay in place, now you bounce left/right toward its center and it makes it impossible to SDI out the sides (top still works the same)

Soul.

I got every custom in Smash Run back when the 3DS version was still new. RNG must be happy

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Soul.

some guy asked this on the Pikachu social
What's stopping your opponent from rolling behind your all too obvious grab attempt and Fsmashing you in the back?
i don't understand. someone pls understand?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
remember when people used to complain about rolls being too good in this game even though they're the exact same as every other game

those were the days

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
some guy asked this on the Pikachu social

i don't understand. someone pls understand?
Ah, I can see your Iwhatta? moment here. It looks like this person is confused as of why their opponent doesn't roll behind them because their moves are so obvious and readable.. I think... I.. Ouch, my brain.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I don't really like For Glory, too many try-hards.

I literally only ever play with my friends for fun, it's just so much nicer there's no stress or salt it's just fun competitiveness and messing around, like you know swearing at each other and schtuff in jest

Soul.

>grab
>roll behind
>fsmash

....shield? Pikachu's grab is fast (f6). I see no problem

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
remember when people used to complain about rolls being too good in this game even though they're the exact same as every other game

those were the days
Wait what.

They're actually the same?well this is embarrassing

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm in the land of Prin - oh, I mean Texas.

@ FullMoon FullMoon Hm, I would take an SD card and save the replays onto it. Then later at home, I'd just record the replays.
didn't even know texas went down to 40 degrees
what does DKC have. Fear Factory? Forest Interlude? Mining Melancholy?
or It Doesn't Matter :troll:
(DKC) Island swing, jungle groove, aquatic ambiance, Treetop rock, Gang-Plank Galleon,(DKC2) Steel Drum Rhumba, Jib Jig, LockJaw's saga, Stickerbush Symphony or I could list more and I can't believe you think you have actual taste (also see your still using crappy 10+ minute loops)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Did smash run for an hour

I don't think this is any better than classic for customs and honestly it seems a lot worse to me, but I got Dark Pit finished and it was something new to do I guess

Also, I think Smart Bombs changed in 1.0.5. Used to be that while stuck in the explosion you'd just stay in place, now you bounce left/right toward its center and it makes it impossible to SDI out the sides (top still works the same)
I dunno, like I said, I enjoy Smash Run. Don't hesitate to use powers, collect any custom bag you see, and try not to die.

Soul.

(DKC) Island swing, jungle groove, aquatic ambiance, Treetop rock, Gang-Plank Galleon,(DKC2) Steel Drum Rhumba, Jib Jig, LockJaw's saga, Stickerbush Symphony or I could list more and I can't believe you think you have actual taste (also see your still using crappy 10+ minute loops)
wow I'm so sorry. I owe you an apology.
I don't have a taste in music. I listen to VGM for no reason. who cares if I listen to 10+ minute loops

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wait what.

They're actually the same?well this is embarrassing
I posted this elsewhere but here, have a comparison with Mario's rolls across the games:

Lavani said:
Shields are nerfed compared to Brawl, there's a larger commit time before you're allowed to shield drop and bonus shield damage is prevalent on many more attacks than before, and in larger amounts.

Rolls being better also seems to be placebo. Using Mario as a point of comparison:

Game | Invuln | End
64 | 3-18f | 30f
Melee| 4-19f |31f
Brawl |4-19f |32f
4| 4-19f| 30f

If anything, wifi lag makes rolls more of a problem than they should be, because the rolls themselves aren't really any different.
I've been told that certain rolls (Meta Knight, Lucario) were nerfed from Brawl too but I haven't checked that myself yet

Mac's rolls are legit dumb though

I dunno, like I said, I enjoy Smash Run. Don't hesitate to use powers, collect any custom bag you see, and try not to die.
Yeah that's been what I've been doing

I still only get 1~2 customs for each session and they're usually repeats

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

>tfw someone disses 10 minute loops

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I posted this elsewhere but here, have a comparison with Mario's rolls across the games:

I've been told that certain rolls (Meta Knight, Lucario) were nerfed from Brawl too but I haven't checked that myself yet

Mac's rolls are legit dumb though

Yeah that's been what I've been doing

I still only get 1~2 customs for each session and they're usually repeats
Wow. Maybe I'm just going crazy...

Lucario's rolls were definitely nerfed in some way from Brawl. More end lag or something...or at least it feels worse. I can't trust myself on rolls at this point.
And sorry you had to go dig that post up. I must have missed it when I decided not to read the 20 pages I missed, lol.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Speaking of Captain Falcon... Someone in the Rosalina MU thread says that the Capt. can't combo and that he horribly loses to Rosalina. I think the ratio put was worse than Ganondorf vs. Rosalina.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And sorry you had to go dig that post up. I must have missed it when I decided not to read the 20 pages I missed, lol.
no it was from a different (locked) thread lol

I heard MK/Lucario rolls were nerfed from Brawl but I haven't gotten data to compare yet

Speaking of Captain Falcon... Someone in the Rosalina MU thread says that the Capt. can't combo and that he horrible loses to Rosalina. I think the ratio put was worse than Ganondorf vs. Rosalina.

Top Bottom