• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Lag kills MK and the 3ds controls are doodoo, im shocked you haven't dropped him Lavaknee. Since he's apparently hard af and the 3ds has larger blastzones too.

Edit: and screw chugga fanboys I liked zanzas theme before it became mainstream.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
@ Berserker. Berserker. do us forever alone peeps proud sis :'>

Well thats fantastic man! :happysheep:
I'm so alone. :sadsheep:

Lol please. We all know you want to use that "Monado Buster" of yours to "build up damage," and then have Monado Smash "finish her." You should remember to use "Monado Jump" or Monado Speed" to get out before the finish though. Or use a "Monado Shield" on your Monado before hand.

If you know what I'm saying. :4shulk:
You won the thread today & it's only noon :O

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Berserker. Berserker. , every time I see your Rin profile picture, because I also used to have her as my pic, I always hesitate thinking I posted something hahaha.

Good luck in getting a date with your girl in mind!

... not that I need you or anything.

Synolus

Smash Rookie
New to Zelda, but not necessarily a noob.

Even against other people who I know are better than me, I just hit the ground running, even taking out diddy kongs. Never thought a character could come so naturally to me.(I don't even know much about the Zelda universe, lol) Need to know more techs though.

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Whoa whoa whoa there. I'm a pervert but I'm NOT going for that. Lol
Haha, didn't mean to make it sound that perverted LOL Oh gosh. I'm not even that perverted I just saw the opportunity for a joke and took it.. I.. think.. Okay, let's stop there before it gets too awkward.

Monado evade. Let's go. I guess.
I'm like Owain from Fire Emblem Awakening, I love naming weapons or techniques. :3c

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Why do people neglect their fundamentals all the time?
People should play as English teacher Ganondorf for a week. He'll teach you how to read a library in no time, no projectiles, no speed, pure powershielding and reads.

You'll come out the class with muscles on your muscles.

Bruh this video

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why do people neglect their fundamentals all the time?

Like, seriously. Why?
Because they think spamming or playing as high tiers allows them to win... Oh wait. A 6 year-old could probably figure out how to use Diddy. :p

People should play as English teacher Ganondorf for a week. He'll teach you how to read a library in no time, no projectiles, no speed, pure powershielding and reads.

Did you say, "reading"?

Diddy's still legit OP. He's not ban-worthy at the moment but as someone that uses Diddy from time to time, I'll fear the day when every single Diddy main starts using U-throw > U-air more often which is WAY better than D-throw > U-air

You guys talking about Kirby customs last page is lol
Yeah. Giant hammer is the truth. Upper cutter is also amazing. Great combo finisher, comes out fast, great recovery, all around great move. I'm still grinding for jumping inhale. I'm not really sure which stone is the best but iirc, I heard people favoring meteor stone so I'm going with that

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Bruh this video
Oh man that feels nostalgic. I remember watching the Brawl version of that video sooooooo long ago.

So, my brothers and sisters. I'm stuck in this rut. I have wifiphobia. Help.

http://nintendodojo.com/blogpost.aspx?id=159002

shout-outs to @ MDAVE MDAVE for being awesome and reminding me that this is the place for psychology help.
Avoid wifi like a plague no matter what. You're better off with the CPU's or just watch videos of Greninja players (or if you can, play with other players). More importantly, don't be afraid of failure because we all learn from our failures. Failing isn't a bad thing. Failing doesn't mean **** though in Roll Glory. Just have a different mindset once you realize that the lag is garbage.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Sorry y'all but I can't jump on the Diddy complaining given what I dealt with in the past 2 games + what I dealt with in Super Turbo fighting Claw.

For those who don't know, Claw can do an ambiguous knockdown infinite crossup that is randomly unblockable I believe, and it resets into itself. Knock down into Walldive Crossup Claw, rinse and repeat until dead. He also has godlike normals and frame data might I add.

He's ****ing softbanned in Japan for that reason.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Avoid wifi like a plague no matter what. You're better off with the CPU's or just watch videos of Greninja players (or if you can, play with other players). More importantly, don't be afraid of failure because we all learn from our failures. Failing isn't a bad thing. Failing doesn't mean **** though in Roll Glory. Just have a different mindset once you realize that the lag is garbage.
I'm much more at ease offline, but I think it's silly that I'm affected by the prospect of playing wifi this much though. And yeah, getting to work on that... different mindset is the tricky part :x

I'm much more at ease offline, but I think it's silly that I'm affected by the prospect of playing wifi this much though. And yeah, getting to work on that... different mindset is the tricky part :x
There's no point of playing seriously once you can seriously feel the lag. Just think about it that way

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So, my brothers and sisters. I'm stuck in this rut. I have wifiphobia. Help.

http://nintendodojo.com/blogpost.aspx?id=159002

shout-outs to @ MDAVE MDAVE for being awesome and reminding me that this is the place for psychology help.
I can kinda understand what you go through, I sometimes feel like I need to prove something when I go against someone online as well and that often can leave me nervous, but I just try not to think about that much, I just try to play and enjoy myself even if I lose. I can't really give yo much advice though, just don't feel too pressured to do well in matches and just try to have fun playing. I mean, among friends you might as well be playing casually.

Also I just realized that the SSB TV credits song was a Touhou song all this time, I watched the original even before I knew what Touhou was. My mind is blown.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I just got a 23 combo in Pokémon Shuffle

lolwat

#whydoievenplaythisgame

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Hello zeldas
Yeah. Giant hammer is the truth. Upper cutter is also amazing. Great combo finisher, comes out fast, great recovery, all around great move. I'm still grinding for jumping inhale. I'm not really sure which stone is the best but iirc, I heard people favoring meteor stone so I'm going with that
Meteor Stone is pretty useful in dubs, but it's a risk reward thing
Go for it :4pacman:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I gave up on FG tbh, you get the same scrubby Lonks/sTink that spam projectiles when non of them are hitting me, they spam dair when non of them connect and they spam jabs when ALL OF THEM DON'T TOUCH ME!!

Then you get Little Macs being...Little Mac, i use MK so its all good.

You get that one good player that leaves after one game. (<.< )

The same old DDD throwing Gordo's.

You get that one player who's decent but after losing they switch to a 'counter' character. For example i always get stupid counters like: :4kirby::4dedede::4lucina::4marth: Like pick Sonic or something.

Then you get those hotblooded Falcons that ram into every attack and go for obvious Dairs. Like who Falcon kicks/Raptor boost back to back?

Then you get people with KFC wifi.... do yourselves a favor and never click that For Glory button again.

I never get mirror matches cause MK is '2hard4mii".

And you get the cookie cutter tier whores who probably watched APEX.

/end

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And you get the cookie cutter tier *****s who probably watched APEX.
Oh man, the last time I went on FG a long time ago I fought one of those. He CP'd Diddy after I won against his something else with my Doc so I went Luigi for funsies and ended the set with the ultimate **** move.

Up+B sweetspotted him during an Ftilt ON REACTION. The best online punish ever. It was followed by a ragequit LOL

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wifi sucks but playing people from here or AiB is much better than roll glory. I've found that I don't know the SSB4 system well and have to really concentrate to apply it to the lag. Brawl felt natural but SSB4 doesn't yet. So I need to play more and not worry about my bad performance. ;)

Top Bottom