• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Someone give me a Ridley stock icon emote or something. Forgot to add him on my tier list too

He's in T-tier. You guys wanna know what T means?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@Macchiato says Falco loses to Zelda.

Still, it wouldn't be surprising if Falco and Ganondorf shared a match up spread of being slightly disadvantaged to 50% to 70% of the cast, but make up for it by being able to punish and take control of the battle quickly and brutally. People have been saying that Little Mac might have this issue, but only with stage selections. And then there's Mario and him.
He also says Wii Fit Trainer beats Diddy.

I'm not sure what to think of Mac these days. Espy's Mac was simultaneously eye-opening and sobering; I learned all these new things Mac can do (Mac using fair in combos?!), but at the same time every match looked like a struggle (in the sets HeroMystic linked). I mean to be fair, what character doesn't struggle with Diddy, but still.

My simple impression of Falco is that he is kind of like Luigi, except his combos don't have a percentage-defying consistency because he lacks a combo starter as ridiculous stable as Luigi's dthrow. And I guess after the previous conversation his kill options aren't as good either. Ganondorf's different in that his range is absurd compared to a massive portion of the cast and he can actually kill you from 0% in one good read, I don't see that kind of swing power in Falco.

Someone give me a Ridley stock icon emote or something. Forgot to add him on my tier list too

He's in T-tier. You guys wanna know what T means?

I already know ;_;

Last edited:
I'm actually fine if Ridley never gets in only because I play Shulk. Chances are if he gets in, he'll out range everyone :^(

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
He also says Wii Fit Trainer beats Diddy.

I'm not sure what to think of Mac these days. Espy's Mac was simultaneously eye-opening and sobering; I learned all these new things Mac can do (Mac using fair in combos?!), but at the same time every match looked like a struggle (in the sets HeroMystic linked). I mean to be fair, what character doesn't struggle with Diddy, but still.

My simple impression of Falco is that he is kind of like Luigi, except his combos don't have a percentage-defying consistency because he lacks a combo starter as ridiculous stable as Luigi's dthrow. And I guess after the previous conversation his kill options aren't as good either. Ganondorf's different in that his range is absurd compared to a massive portion of the cast and he can actually kill you from 0% in one good read, I don't see that kind of swing power in Falco.

I already know ;_;
Mine's more of Falco and Ganondorf sort of function like punishers, but that might just be my play style, so it makes me think of Falco as a faster Ganondorf and Ganondorf as a slower Falco. Luigi combos much easier than Falco, so I don't feel like Falco would be like Luigi. It's more of Falco and Ganondorf both hit hard and for a lot of damage usually with single hits, but Falco hits weaker than Ganondorf.

If anything about match ups, I think Falco has an easier time against Diddy than some other characters. Seeing Keitaro's Falco fight Diddy makes me think that Falco's damage and knockback per hit makes fighting Diddy less annoying that say, Rosalina vs. Diddy. Falco's fast, but strong attacks and ability to go deep makes me think the match up is more of who out plays who. Same thing with Sonic vs. Falco, especially since Reflector and Blaster shut down Sonic's ability to camp with Spin Charge/Dash an approach with them. Sonic would have to play creatively while Falco has to punish everything Sonic does.

Characters that out range in melee, out speed, and can juggle well will give Falco a horrible time. Case in point: Rosalina, Jigglypuff, and even default Palutena. Shulk becomes an issue because of his range and Falco's lack of range. Should I also mention that Shulk can out speed, out power, outlive, and out-game Falco? Anything Falco does, Shulk can do better with Monado Arts and anything Falco is bad at, Shulk can exploit even more.

Last edited:
THE TRUE TIER LIST. NOW WITH MORE DIDDY KONG

SSSS (What the **** Sakurai)
:4diddy:'s u-air and f-air

SSS (Broken)
:4diddy::4diddy:

SS (Ultra dominant)
:4diddy::4sheik:

S (Godlike)
:4diddy::4sonic::4zss::4fox::rosalina::4ness::4pikachu::4miibrawl::4luigi:

A (Great)
:4diddy::4peach::4yoshi::4metaknight::4megaman::4pit:(:4darkpit:):4mario::4shulk::4falcon::4olimar:

B (Good)
:4diddy::4wario::4greninja::4pacman::4duckhunt::4tlink::4villager::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4robinf::4rob:

C (Solid)
:4diddy::4myfriends::4falco::4bowser::4miigun::4link::4ganondorf::4charizard::4dk::4drmario:

D (Lacking)
:4dedede::4kirby::4littlemac::4marth::4samus::4palutena::4zelda::4gaw:

E (Bad)
:4lucina::4bowserjr::4wiifit::4miisword:

F (Mewtwo)
:mewtwopm:

R (Removed)
:snake::sheilda::squirtle::ivysaur::lucas::wolf::popo::dedede:

T (Too big)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I really appreciate that Ridley's normally-sized stock icon actually looks too big compared to the forum's reduced sizes for the emotes.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Speaking of more Diddy, I should check his customs out because battering banana and giant peanut are the only two I've actually seen

Spirst

That and the fact that all of Smashboards comes to the Zelda social. I've even seen the odd admin peeking in here at times. Even they probably got scared and left.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
You mean the negativity about Zelda?

Zelda is one of Pikachu's harder matchups. Rejoice, Zeldas, for you are not as bad as you think you are! (from the perspective of a Pikachu main)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Zelda is one of Pikachu's harder matchups. Rejoice, Zeldas, for you are not as bad as you think you are! (from the perspective of a Pikachu main)
Harder MUs?

Does that means Pika goes 6:4 or better with everyone?! Holy help next Brawl MK.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Color me curious. What makes Zelda hard for Pikachu to deal with? I thought the only one that Pikachu struggled with was Greninja and that was a 55:45 in our favor at best.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Harder MUs?

Does that means Pika goes 6:4 or better with everyone?! Holy help next Brawl MK.
It just means that Zelda's options in disadvantage let her deal with Pikachu's pressure/strings better than most characters, I'd assume.

Also I hang out here a lot but depending on activity/boredom I poke around most subforums lol. Gotta stay up to date on every character as much as possible!

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
Color me curious. What makes Zelda hard for Pikachu to deal with? I thought the only one that Pikachu struggled with was Greninja and that was a 55:45 in our favor at best.
MK and Greninja are potential 55:45s. everyone else is 50:50 or better

by "struggle" I mean 50:50. Zelda is a 50:50.

KO power, up-b to get out of traps, and range on her legs.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
MK and Greninja are potential 55:45s. everyone else is 50:50 or better

by "struggle" I mean 50:50. Zelda is a 50:50.

KO power, up-b to get out of traps, and range on her legs.
Figured. Didn't know MK could be trouble for Pikachu, though it makes sense when you think about it.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Figured. Didn't know MK could be trouble for Pikachu, though it makes sense when you think about it.
Yeah, similar to Zelda, really. Dimensional Cape to get out of kill setups/traps/gimps, better KO power, and instead of more range he just has a disjoint. He's worse than the Zelda MU because he's also short, which means SH f-air doesn't work on him, and that's one of Pikachu's best tools.

Last edited:
BJN39, my internet is on fire

Also, I go here because this thread is basically where a lot of things happen. Character Competitive Impressions/Social/Vent out frustration/Rage/Diddy Kong hate/Customs Rosa is cancer/Macchiato mains everyone/Nairu visits every now and then.

BJN, we should put "UltimateRazer was here" as a title

NairWizard

Somewhere
Interesting. I'll make note of that.

I'm always surprised by how much the character you main affects your view of the game's tier list.

I consistently rate Diddy as 3rd or 4th in the game because the Pikachu MU vs. Diddy is so good. It's only when I use MK or Mario or something in tournament that I think "wow, this character is OP."

D

Deleted member

BJN39, my internet is on fire

Also, I go here because this thread is basically where a lot of things happen. Character Competitive Impressions/Social/Vent out frustration/Rage/Diddy Kong hate/Customs Rosa is cancer/Macchiato mains everyone/Nairu visits every now and then.

BJN, we should put "UltimateRazer was here" as a title
DON'T FORGET THE PANTY RAIDS!

(someone should photoshop Zelda's face onto Mr. Krabs' face and we can use the image when we go raiding :D)

Spirst

DON'T FORGET THE PANTY RAIDS!

(someone should photoshop Zelda's face onto Mr. Krabs' face and we can use the image when we go raiding :D)
I'll be BJN2148910480938219048-1248-0184-01841-41241324 since he missed it.

"pls dont say raids it means bad stuff sai visiTs!!!

NairWizard

Somewhere
lol wat "Zelda is hard for Pikachu"
She is, lol. There aren't enough good high-level Zeldas to demonstrate it, but she has the tools to go against Pikachu pretty well. She might be bad, but she does do pretty well in a handful of matchups. She enjoys the advantage of not caring about Pikachu's offstage game or many followups due to up-b, which very few characters with that much KO power can boast.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Me and my friend enjoy talking about the pika/zelda match up cause Zelda has like one tool against pikachu. So our talk is mainly Is a bunch of jokes

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
She is, lol. There aren't enough good high-level Zeldas to demonstrate it, but she has the tools to go against Pikachu pretty well. She might be bad, but she does do pretty well in a handful of matchups. She enjoys the advantage of not caring about Pikachu's offstage game or many followups due to up-b, which very few characters with that much KO power can boast.
I like you.

I'm never using Smash art against Zelda EVER

Also, you guys know that Shulk's invincible during his monado activation animation and that very animation is what causes MALLC to work. So I used it then I activated speed then Falcon's f-tilt didn't touch me at all. LEL

The initial portion of it. Cool right?

I was saved by the invincibility when I kept MALLC'ing around the stage. I was able to get a free punish because some Falcon f-tilted me while the animation occured but nothing happened :smirk: so I punished him hard

Last edited:
Top Bottom