• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I can't replicate this in training. I get the feeling it's more Z-axis shenanigans than actual invincibility, because Samus' missiles and charge shot still hit Shulk. The way he moves activating Speed kinda backs that feeling to me.

Unless this has actually been an established thing, in which case I'll assume I'm just bad.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That does look suspiciously like a Z-axis thing, though.
I was thinking that at first, but I can actually replicate it with Shield even on Flat Zone.

I haven't managed it with any other art activation, but it's really interesting that this is a thing.

NairWizard

Somewhere
It looks like Shulk dodges toward the z-axis, I mean (he pulls his sword in front of him). Marth's shieldbreaker is a one-dimensional attack. So is Falcon's f-tilt. I wonder if attacks which have a z-component do hit him.

One more picture of it

Off topic but I forgot to talk about the date I mentioned weeks ago. It went pretty well, and I'm probably going to ask her if she wants to go out with me again. Hooray, I guess

Last edited:

Spirst

One more picture of it
Off topic but I forgot to talk about the date I mentioned weeks ago. It went pretty well, and I'm probably going to ask her if she wants to go out with me again. Hooray, I guess
My baby boy Berserker is finally becoming a man now :')

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Okay, I'm a believer.

Still works on Flat Zone too, so I'm positive it isn't Z-axis shenanigans. I still can't get it to work with Jump/Speed though, despite Shield being really easy to do it with.

Last edited:

Soul.

She is, lol. There aren't enough good high-level Zeldas to demonstrate it, but she has the tools to go against Pikachu pretty well. She might be bad, but she does do pretty well in a handful of matchups. She enjoys the advantage of not caring about Pikachu's offstage game or many followups due to up-b, which very few characters with that much KO power can boast.
lol oh i see. Eh. Diddy's the way to go in that MU i guess

NairWizard

Somewhere
One more picture of it

Congrats, mate. I wonder how many people would be surprised to discover that I'm female.

NairWizard

Somewhere
It's a hypothetical because you mentioned a date with a girl. I'm male. I think I give off a sufficiently male aura for people to be surprised.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Okay, I'm a believer.

Still works on Flat Zone too, so I'm positive it isn't Z-axis shenanigans. I still can't get it to work with Jump/Speed though, despite Shield being really easy to do it with.
More importantly though, can Kirby also do it?

Anything Adam Howden can do, Kirby can also do with the Monado

Speed Kirby can also do boost pivot grab/f-tilt

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Love that you changed your title to "Monadorator", Berserker. Oh, and good luck with asking that girl out again. Pretty sure she won't be able to get enough of your Monado. A YouTube comment once said "Once you really feel it, there's no going back." On a Shulk video.

Moral of story: Don't read YouTube comments.

On a side note; I didn't know you could evade by changing Monado arts.. That's amazing, woah. You could almost call it "Hidden Monado Arts: Evasiveness"

Love that you changed your title to "Monadorator", Berserker. Oh, and good luck with asking that girl out again. Pretty sure she won't be able to get enough of your Monado. A YouTube comment once said "Once you really feel it, there's no going back." On a Shulk video.

Moral of story: Don't read YouTube comments.

On a side note; I didn't know you could evade by changing Monado arts.. That's amazing, woah. You could almost call it "Hidden Monado Arts: Evasiveness"
Whoa whoa whoa there. I'm a pervert but I'm NOT going for that. Lol

Evading with MAA (Monado art activation) is more likely to happen whenever you use MALLC and if you don't immediately act ouf of the Landing lag cancel so yeah. Monado evade. Let's go. I guess.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I meant those type of feminists that you see on tumblr. To be specific, the "new age" feminists. Those are the ones that aren't actually really asking for equality and all that
Heh. I remember that one time I decided to open tumblr again after months of not using it.
The very first post I see is about how unrealistic and sexist it was for women to have shaved armpits during (post-)apocalyptic events (read: The Walking Dead).

I closed it never to go there again.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
2 new things I discovered.

1. I'm madly in love with ftilt

2. I'd like Din's Fire more if it wasn't responsible for 90% of my deaths.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
2 new things I discovered.

1. I'm madly in love with ftilt

2. I'd like Din's Fire more if it wasn't responsible for 90% of my deaths.
2 new things I discovered
  1. The Falkland Islands Fox/wolf which was super friendly and curious to people and people murdered it to extinction
  2. customs are 90% the reason of me being a hater in smash 4

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Played some FG, since it's been awhile.

- Meta Knight is still hard, but I don't feel like any losses were to anything other than being outskilled or laggy connections, and I can tell I'm improving with him for once (speaking of, is it just me or did FG get laggier with 1.0.5?)
・ Killed a Kirby at something like 60% with a grounded Shuttle Loop, and again around 50% with uair juggles>shuttle loop lol
・ Going for less guaranteed strings and more Mach Tornado bait-and-punishes has proven highly fruitful. Mach Tornado's priority is also pitiful though...
・ Drill Rushed a Shulk who used Vision. Learned Vision does not have invincibility because he got hit before the counterattack came out.​
- Tried Lucario for a bunch of matches. My day one Lucario feels almost as good if not better than the Meta Knight I've been slaving away at off and on since release...
・ Uthrow combos feel impossible in lag.
・ I think all my kills were from either Aura Sphere, or ASC>usmash. (EDIT: One was from using Double Team on a stationary Pac-Man hydrant, because you can counter that thing for some reason. Amazing surprise tactic.)​
- Rosalina by far still my best character, no other character feels more natural to me. Learning to incorporate runoff dair, it's serving me well.
- I suck at fighting Toon Link regardless of who I'm using. Kinda lag johns because I couldn't powershield anything in that connection, but I don't think it was the only contributing factor (and the Tink player was good; stupid me forgetting to save replays. Got 2stocked with MK, switched to Rosalina after and it came down to the last hit).

/deardiary

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well thats fantastic man! :happysheep:
I'm so alone. :sadsheep:
Whoa whoa whoa there. I'm a pervert but I'm NOT going for that. Lol
Lol please. We all know you want to use that "Monado Buster" of yours to "build up damage," and then have Monado Smash "finish her." You should remember to use "Monado Jump" or Monado Speed" to get out before the finish though. Or use a "Monado Shield" on your Monado before hand.

If you know what I'm saying. :4shulk:

・ Drill Rushed a Shulk who used Vision. Learned Vision does not have invincibility because he got hit before the counterattack came out.​
Yeah. This happened to me also. Forward vision has invincibility... Or not. I'm not sure if I could call it invincibility but I've never been hit out of forward vision so eh

I also have developed an unbridled hate for classic mode. Still didn't get jumping inhale or meteor stone ffs. Also, giant hammer rocks. It breaks through counters AND is super armor. I didn't know that. lol
Lol please. We all know you want to use that "Monado Buster" of yours to "build up damage," and then have Monado Smash "finish her." You should remember to use "Monado Jump" or Monado Speed" to get out before the finish though. Or use a "Monado Shield" on your Monado before hand.

If you know what I'm saying. :4shulk:
wot m8

Edit: Saw the Frozen Fever trailer. Elsa looks amazing as always

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I also have developed an unbridled hate for classic mode. Still didn't get jumping inhale or meteor stone ffs. Also, giant hammer rocks. It breaks through counters AND is super armor. I didn't know that. lol
yeah classic sux

Giant Hammer doesn't get countered because it's unblockable...though I think it's only at full charge? Unsure because the pastebin doesn't have Kirby's stuff labeled. But yeah general rule of thumb unblockable stuff isn't counterable. Greninja, Palutena, and Ike have invuln frames during their counter stance that save them from being janked by stuff like that too, though it's only for a small window.

I got ice breath but idk what this could be used for. Edgeguarding? Eh

Also, avatar change. You guys probably don't know who this is.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ice breath blows

I don't recognize any of your avatars but this one isn't as cute as the last one

Yeah. Decided to switch. Btw, that was Mio from Fatal Frame 2. Great horror game but it wasn't popular. The other one (The cuter one) was Koko from Golden Time

YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH RIN TOHSAKA THO

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh, I actually should've recognized Mio I guess lol, had a friend who was crazy about Fatal Frame.

My 8 year old sister is crazy about Fatal Frame. She's a lot more courageous than I am when it comes to playing any horror game. Amnesia, Slender, Outlast, you name it

What I'm trying to say here is, I suck

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't like horror games at all. I don't like the feeling of being scared. Jump scares, just being afraid, etc.

It doesn't help I get scared easily. After every horror game I ever watched, I become afraid of the dark for at least a week.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh right @ Berserker. Berserker. , in case you missed my edit did you know about this

One was from using Double Team on a stationary Pac-Man hydrant, because you can counter that thing for some reason. Amazing surprise tactic.

you gotta do it man

send em pacing

Top Bottom