• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Top 10 favourite characters to use in this game. :^)
Well if we strictly made it "to play" instead of a combination of that and liking the character...

:rosalina::4greninja::4metaknight::4lucario::4palutena::4ganondorf:

The first two are really the only characters that I both enjoy playing and can actually play, though :c

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It's already been almost a year and a half since I joined this site, and honestly it's communities like this one and the old Brawl Online social that keep (and kept) me coming back to Smashboards everyday, several times a day, just to see what's going on.

After the old social died when our group was stricken with the poison that is skype, I stopped using Smashboards. It was only after hearing about this place a couple times from Rick, and being tagged in that first post about the page claiming thing (lol), that brought me to first post here. Of course, having dropped Zelda from Brawl to Smash4 at first and maining Rosalina made me think I wasn't really going to be accepted here, but of course I was wrong. Time and time again, through shared hardships and secrets, kind words and condolences, and a collective conspiratorial sass the likes of which the world has never seen before, it was proven that this is a community worth sticking around in.

It was actually y'all gorls that inspired me to pick Zelda up again, and she's more fun than ever. <3

I'm proud to be here with you all, and I'll always be here for anyone who needs it. Sass queens need to stick together. ~
Also, I love hugs. I would always accept hugs.

Well, I'm not sure what to think either. Life may or may not have meaning; it's all up to the interpretation of the individual.

I would write more but I'm terribly distracted and can't think at the moment. For half of this post I had a cat in my arms and was forced to type one-handed with my left hand, due to right arm being occupied by said cat.

By the way, that's my favorite picture of Furret you've posted by far.

We should then! Sometime soon. Idk about tonight, I'm just kinda.. unwinding from work and all. Dead-brained, really. It's great just being here, though. :p
That's ok if you can't play tonight, since I can't either. School got a late start instead of a cancelation. :c I should be sleeping now, haha.

Still hoping the weather people are right about there being more snow. I never get any good snow where I live...also no school again would be wonderful.
EDIT: Also I'm glad that my random and silly tag played a part in you coming here!

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Well, I'm not sure what to think either. Life may or may not have meaning; it's all up to the interpretation of the individual.

I would write more but I'm terribly distracted and can't think at the moment. For half of this post I had a cat in my arms and was forced to type one-handed with my left hand, due to right arm being occupied by said cat.
my my to think someone read the philosophical jargon I posted
By the way, that's my favorite picture of Furret you've posted by far.
thanks I try
tumblr_nfgaj41kjz1qekrm6o1_1280.jpg

Spirst

Oh boy, lists! Now I have a chance to express myself as the special snowflake my mom tells me I am!

:4greninja::4pacman::4duckhunt::4charizard::4bowserjr::4littlemac: in terms of the characters I enjoy playing. As for characters I'm actually competent with, it's the first 4 only. Majority of the rest of the cast fulls dull or awkward to me so I just stick with those 4 and pretend I know what I'm talking about when others are brought up.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Bruh.

It's cool, you're like most college students/young people in general.

It's more how these professors are adamantly shoving their ideologies down people's throats, bashing people who disagree with them (including students), and whatnot. Oh, and I meant what I said: "Democrat-worshiping." The type who believe Obama and the establishment Democrats (Reid, Pelosi) are the greatest things since sliced bread and that all Republicans are the personifications of Satan.

I wasn't talking about genuine liberals, many of whom are open and honest about their concerns with the policies of the current administration.

Oh, and last time I took that test, I think I scored right about here.
Haha I get it, don't worry.

we're practically opposites economically, which I think is kinda funny.

Though I wish what you said about me being like most college students/young people was true. I'm a pro-feminist communist -- a little bit too far left for what most Americans are comfortable with xD

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Well if we strictly made it "to play" instead of a combination of that and liking the character...

:rosalina::4greninja::4metaknight::4lucario::4palutena::4ganondorf:

The first two are really the only characters that I both enjoy playing and can actually play, though :c
Well, at least you can competently use two higher tier characters.

If I look at my list and keep only the characters I can play well AND have fun playing with, only the lowly :4zelda:fits the bill. :/

Character loyalty to the extremity.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I do like how this social goes from serious to silly to sassy 4 times a day.

Speaking of silly, I've started using Zelda as a Hyper. Offensive. Rush. Down. Character. Help. Me.JPEG

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
When it comes to just enjoying playing as...

:4greninja::4pacman::4mario::4robinm::4peach::4falco::4samus::4littlemac:

... Those are actually the only ones I actually playing all that much. Only competent with Greninja though.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Bruh.

It's cool, you're like most college students/young people in general.

It's more how these professors are adamantly shoving their ideologies down people's throats, bashing people who disagree with them (including students), and whatnot. Oh, and I meant what I said: "Democrat-worshiping." The type who believe Obama and the establishment Democrats (Reid, Pelosi) are the greatest things since sliced bread and that all Republicans are the personifications of Satan.

I wasn't talking about genuine liberals, many of whom are open and honest about their concerns with the policies of the current administration.

Oh, and last time I took that test, I think I scored right about here.

@Nairo my dude calling Zelda the worst character in the game, I c u m8 :chuckle:

Yeah yeah you were joking.
I need to take this test, where can I find it?

I bet I land pretty close to you.

Edit: I read it wrong, I'm sure I'm much more south.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well, at least you can competently use two higher tier characters.

If I look at my list and keep only the characters I can play well AND have fun playing with, only the lowly :4zelda:fits the bill. :/

Character loyalty to the extremity.
Truth be told, if you can enjoy the character and get results then I say main them regardless of where they are on the list. Tiers ain't **** yo.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@S.F.L.R_9 @ Fernosaur Fernosaur I started expirementing with Rejection and the wind box stays still no matter where yew move. Ok so heres a more clear explaination. If yew Love Jump with it, The wind box will stay where yew started the move and when yew glide with it, the windbox and the crystal will be apart.
Hahahahahaha wtf, that's like the most stupidly programmed thing ever.

I dunno if it will ever have a real use tbh, but post it in the lab anyways!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Hahahahahaha wtf, that's like the most stupidly programmed thing ever.

I dunno if it will ever have a real use tbh, but post it in the lab anyways!
Fernosaur bby you're supposed to be on hiatus bad gorl

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I just finished my work for the night! So I came by to see how you all were. As much as I'd want to I can't just forget about all you boys and girls and leave you on your own :p

@ Twili Twili @ ぱみゅ ぱみゅ Reading both of you talk made me feel a little less worried about you, and I'm happy to read that disposition to keep on breathing. It doesn't mean much, but you girls have all it takes to deal with anything that may come, so yes, definitely, keep breathing, and just be.

In spirit of @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 's lovely cheese, I'll add that life is a bit like a carrousel. You know, the painted ponies go up, and then down, and then up again, and then down. And it goes round and round and there's nothing we can do, but we have to remember that the ponies will always go up again. Always.

Hug to you two ladies, and to Philoz too because that cheese was adorable.

@ Furret Furret I dunno where you posted that Camus thing, but I read it quoted by someone so I'll try to answer my thoughts on the matter.

More than riot, I think Camus is talking about activity, about action, about taking charge and DOING. Whether this action is a rebellion against the norms of society (like Meursault in The Stranger), or simply a mundane activity that is born out of our own will and choice, the point is that man has to act out of personal pursuit rather than societal pursuit.

You have to put Camus' work in the context of his time as well, since its rebelliousness (sp?) reflects ideas that seek to oppose catholic norms and fundamentals. We might not find his work as powerful now, but back then simply saying "f*ck you" towards the rules imposed by the church and the "good customs" was very hardcore.

tl;dr it doesn't matter if what you do is mundane so long as you're doing it because you want to, because it gives a meaning to your life that you want, not anyone else.

Might be projecting my own train of thought into this, though, so take with a grain of salt too.

Also @ Lavani Lavani honey I'm hooomeee :p

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I need to take this test, where can I find it?

I bet I land pretty close to you.

Edit: I read it wrong, I'm sure I'm much more south.
Google "Political Compass."

Fun stuff. Tell me what you get. I might take it again myself.

Haha I get it, don't worry.

we're practically opposites economically, which I think is kinda funny.

Though I wish what you said about me being like most college students/young people was true. I'm a pro-feminist communist -- a little bit too far left for what most Americans are comfortable with xD
As we age, most people, left and right, move closer to the center.

I wouldn't call myself a feminist, but it is quite sad how dirty of a word "feminism" is these days. A lot of blame is to go around for the current state of feminism, to feminists and non-feminists alike.

When only 23% of American women are willing to call themselves feminist...**** bruh, y'all got some cleaning up to do.

Well, I'm off to bed.

Tutturuu~

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
New-age feminism is like "Women must have better industry placement, be allowed to be CEO/successful/rich/powerful jsut because we are women; but as women we are entitled to be free from housework and have our restaurant bills paid for us!"

It's not about equality anymore.

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur I spoke at the heat of the moment. And it was a crude moment so take it wit ha grain of salt. I'm managing through it, but I still have a sour taste.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
My most used characters?

:4gaw::4villager::4dedede::4rob::4ganondorf::4ludwig::4palutena::4wiifitm::4samus::4jigglypuff:

Some of them are just holdovers from Brawl (Ganon most notably) but I probably use these guys more than any others. Everything from Ludwig on needs more love (even Ganon and and ROB do tbh). I also use :4bowser::4falcon::4littlemac::4ness::4pacman: though they're only in alphabetical order. I'm contemplating using Ness more; I really enjoyed him in Brawl but haven't got the hang of him in Smash 4 yet. A few others that I'm thinking about learning are :4myfriends::4kirby::4miibrawl::4miigun::4peach::rosalina::4wario2: and maybe :4duckhunt:. I've never really liked sword users but Ike seems interesting. Peach never really appealed to me but using her a bit she for my playstyle well. I ain't learning all her techs, though; I'll be like one of those loonies who play Melee competitively without wavedashing. Rosalina is iffy; I thought I would like her but she feels awkward. I used Wario in Brawl but not well.

As you can see I don't do well with fast characters. I personally think that I like characters who have big, lasting disjoints, but Spirst pointed out that I use a lot of characters who have odd projectiles. I guess I have a bit of a slower playstyle, possibly a little campy, but I'm not one to just sit there and make my opponent come to me. When I get in, I go at it, sometimes a little too hard.

tl;dr: I use a lot of characters.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
well put, camus really isn't one of my favorites to read up on though
His writing is definitely very intrincate. I had a very hard time understanding his meanings myself until much more recent years. His own summary of "The Stranger," however, is a good point of reference for his view on things though.

"I summarized The Stranger a long time ago, with a remark I admit was highly paradoxical: 'In our society any man who does not weep at his mother's funeral runs the risk of being sentenced to death.' I only meant that the hero of my book is condemned because he does not play the game."

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Not really one for politics, but I was bored so I decided to do the Political Compass thing for giggles:

My most used characters?

:4gaw::4villager::4dedede::4rob::4ganondorf::4ludwig::4palutena::4wiifitm::4samus::4jigglypuff:

Some of them are just holdovers from Brawl (Ganon most notably) but I probably use these guys more than any others. Everything from Ludwig on needs more love (even Ganon and and ROB do tbh). I also use :4bowser::4falcon::4littlemac::4ness::4pacman: though they're only in alphabetical order. I'm contemplating using Ness more; I really enjoyed him in Brawl but haven't got the hang of him in Smash 4 yet. A few others that I'm thinking about learning are :4myfriends::4kirby::4miibrawl::4miigun::4peach::rosalina::4wario2: and maybe :4duckhunt:. I've never really liked sword users but Ike seems interesting. Peach never really appealed to me but using her a bit she for my playstyle well. I ain't learning all her techs, though; I'll be like one of those loonies who play Melee competitively without wavedashing. Rosalina is iffy; I thought I would like her but she feels awkward. I used Wario in Brawl but not well.

As you can see I don't do well with fast characters. I personally think that I like characters who have big, lasting disjoints, but Spirst pointed out that I use a lot of characters who have odd projectiles. I guess I have a bit of a slower playstyle, possibly a little campy, but I'm not one to just sit there and make my opponent come to me. When I get in, I go at it, sometimes a little too hard.

Despite the fact that I conceptually love disjoints I never really got into sword characters either; I agree that Ike is really interesting though. I'm godawful at him though, and I loathe his recovery without Aether Drive. Rosalina felt really awkward to me earlier on in the game's life and before 1.0.4 she was actually my worst character, because I didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing with her (not using her jab was 70% of the problem); now that I don't take her options for granted she feels the most natural to me by far.

I'm not big on fast characters myself. Aggression can be fun, but it doesn't feel like a natural tempo/gameplan to me and my hands don't keep up with playing characters like Sheik or Fox at all. Looking at your primary list I get the feeling you just like unconventional characters in general. :nifty:

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255

I totally forgot to mention that my awesome friend won this for me at some amateur tournament! Pretty cool! ..Although when my mom saw it she was like "Oh, be sure to hang that around your neck so that when you get lost people can return you to Sakurai!" ...Thanks mom.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Favorite characters I can use: :4zelda: :rosalina::4pikachu:
Characters I like but am less good at: :4marth::4lucina:
Characters that are still mega fun to me: :4myfriends::4darkpit::4charizard::4duckhunt:
Characters I just like but am trash with: :4lucario::4robinf::4peach:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

This was very surprising to me. I assumed I was much closer to the bottom right corner.

Apparently, doing MALLC in the middle of the match is a lot easier than I thought. The difficult part is where you need to press REALLY fast so that switching to buster or smash won't **** up the timing of MALLC
I know how you feel. I once thought I was basically the Macchiato of secondaries

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Politics? Had a slight increase of interest in politics due to gamergate anyway.

Here are my results (though bare in mind there were some questions I couldn't understand so I guessed).
chart.png

Looking up what that means, seems about right.

New-age feminism is like "Women must have better industry placement, be allowed to be CEO/successful/rich/powerful jsut because we are women; but as women we are entitled to be free from housework and have our restaurant bills paid for us!"

It's not about equality anymore.
This this this this this this this so much this. I honestly hate how there also a lot of "revenge" going around in new-age feminism. Like how apparently white men must suffer for the distant past generation white men who restricted women's rights. Or how masculinity in general is considered toxic.

Anyway top favorite characters.

Characters I can actually use pretty well and love:
:4jigglypuff::4villagerf:

Characters I'm trying desperately to get good at:
:rosalina:
Characters I dropped as my main, but still very much love playing and continue to improve:
:4shulk:
Characters I love to bring out for fun and don't really care how truly good I am:
:4bowserjr::4robinf::4miibrawl::4gaw::4metaknight::4rob:

I seem to have gotten MALLC down but I'm really inconsistent with pulling this tech off. I manged to get b-air into buster f-smash though which is awesome.

Characters that I love and use well
:4shulk::4mario:

Characters that I'm good with (I don't like how they feel though)
:4diddy::4myfriends::4miibrawl::4ness:

Characters that I'm trying to get good with
:4bowser::4robinf::4falco::4kirby::4metaknight:

Characters I use for the lulz

:4sonic::4littlemac::4charizard::4sheik::4falcon::4ganondorf:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Characters I feel most comfortable using:
:4zelda:/:4myfriends:/:4shulk:/:4robinf:

Characters that I'm okay with:
:4gaw:/:4greninja:/:4lucina:

Characters that I use in fun battles or when I'm just messing around:
:4palutena:/:4miibrawl:/:4falcon:/:4littlemac:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Tumbler feminists and gamergaters are two sides of the same coin I don't touch.

I'm best with Link. Then I sort of second Ganon and Zelda. But I haven't had much time to play and don't know most characters. :/
Speaking of Nairs, Sonic's Nair kills, right? Then what is Pikachu's Nair used for and what was Wolf's Nair used for in Brawl? Are they more like interrupters and free damage? Pikachu uses Uair and Bair more for combos and Dair and Fair are more kill moves, right? Wolf was in the same boat, except Bair and Fair were both kill and combo moves while Dair was more for meteoring.
Wolf's Nair could lock the opponent and lead to a free smash. It wasn't a bad move; Wolf just had better options in most situations with Bair.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
So does anyone have music recomendations? Note: I like T-Sizzle, lady Gaga, and Ed sheeran. I'm a basic teenager so yeah.
You have no idea what you have just done, do ya?

Ahem

Save Ends {cutesy pop punk, their album is my avi atm}
Supercell {J-Pop}
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu {J-Pop}
Sheena Ringo {J-Pop}
Janelle Monae {RnB}
St. Vincent {Indie Pop}
BANKS {trip-hop/pop/RnB}
FKA Twigs {trip-hop/RnB}
CHVRCHES {indie pop}
Broods {indie pop, think CHVRCHES & Lorde made musical babies together}
PVRIS {post-hardcore/pop, think CHVRCHES & Paramore made musical babies together}
Björk {electronic}
Kate Bush {art pop}
Wonder Years {pop punk}
The Menzingers {americana/punk

And that'll do for now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Cats are cute.
Music I like: REM, Rush, Goralliz, Greenday, Goo Goo Dolls, Nick Jackson Band, The Head and the heart, Sarah Brightman, and others...

Top Bottom