• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
hi guys :D new mainer zelda, someone suggest me how to start?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Welcome to the social! Now, if you want to pick up Zelda, I'll warn you that she's incredibly difficult to get a good grasp of. She feeds off momentum and hard reads to get her wins, and even then if you play her very well, you might still find her less rewarding to play as compared to others.

You should try getting used to Dthrow into Nair conversions, as well as OoS Farore's Wind (the first hit comboing into the second and more powerful one). If you find that you are frustrated by her low speed and poor aerial options, it's a good idea to drop her out of the picture. Other than that, have fun (or not have fun :p )!!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
oh is this a thing we're doing now? ok well
Characters I main, love, and can use very well:
:4shulk::4zelda::4robinf:
Love their character but I'm terribad w/ them and rarely use them:
:4lucina::4samus::4zss:
Might pick them up:
:4palutena:
Used to main them but not anymore:
:rosalina:(i might reconsider her though.)

Characters I love and want to play but when I try it's just like lolnope:
:4myfriends::4link::4peach::4sheik:
Hi~ You could try watching some matches on Youtube and then cryng and sacrificing your soul to the hoo hah when you realize Zelda isn't too good

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Characters I feel confident enough to use in tourneys/play the most
:4kirby::4link: *:4miibrawl:
Characters I mess around with but I want to learn
:4shulk::4sheik:
Characters I like to have fun with but suck with them (you'll rarely see me use them)
:4robinm::4zelda::4pit:

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Hey sis!

@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 has said most that has to be said. Also try to get the lead as early as possible so you can play to Zelda's strengths (AKA defensively), & you want to make sure that your reaction time is spot on for FW as the first hit is DI-able but you can still get the kill if you read the direction correctly (miss & you're pretty much screwed...)

Edit: gurls, I think you would appreciate this video (especially @0:09)

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think I work the best with characters that have a projectile in general since usually that allows me to fight from more than just close quarters. I prefer faster characters as well, but I can do decently enough with slower ones as well.

Wow. I can't believe I missed this video after watching Taken 3. LOL

Why did I even watch the movie to begin with >_> ?

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Hey sis!

@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 has said most that has to be said. Also try to get the lead as early as possible so you can play to Zelda's strengths (AKA defensively), & you want to make sure that your reaction time is spot on for FW as the first hit is DI-able but you can still get the kill if you read the direction correctly (miss & you're pretty much screwed...)

Edit: gurls, I think you would appreciate this video (especially @0:09)

I died when he said I still play Meta Knight

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
HELLOOOOO FRIEND~ Would you care to join us all for a cup of coffee?

Rule 1 to the Zelda boards; Don't take us too serious. We are the result of too much caffeine.
Secondly I'd suggest you look around a bit into the other threads, there's much you can find out here and there about the precious Princess of Hyrule.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Someone explain me why do people think Dedede is bottom tier material
Maybe because a lot of people don't use use him and shrug him off as low tier, without taking an in depth look at the character
Like :4olimar: I guess
People are too hasty with tier lists
**** just the other day :4bowser: was top tier

Last edited:

Soul.

Maybe because a lot of people don't use use him and shrug him off as low tier, without taking an in depth look at the character
Like :4olimar: I guess
People are too hasty with tier lists
**** just the other day :4bowser: was top tier
omg, lmao. I still remember that.
The good 'ol days..
Tier lists are trash most of the time. Dedede is mid for me.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
My personal tier list of the cast tbh, sans customs but with Miis.

S: :4sheik::4diddy:
A: :4zss::4sonic::4pikachu::4ness::rosalina:
A-: :4peach::4fox::4yoshi::4falcon::4luigi::4miibrawl::4pit:
B: :4villager::4shulk::4olimar::4wario::4lucario::4darkpit:
B-: :4mario::4greninja::4rob::4pacman::4duckhunt::4megaman::4tlink::4metaknight:
C: :4marth::4link::4robinm::4dedede::4gaw::4jigglypuff:
D: :4bowserjr::4miigun::4palutena::4falco::4myfriends::4bowser::4littlemac::4dk::4wiifit:
E:
:4drmario::4kirby::4lucina::4ganondorf::4charizard::4samus::4zelda::4miisword:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Inb4 fixed by Macchiato.
still love ya, gorl

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Meta knight, mario, pac man and frog below angel boys and lucario? My sodium levels are rising.

And shout out to @ FullMoon FullMoon on anthers ladder, i cant play anyone out of europe since lag kills my oh so beautiful meta knight. You remember the last time we played right?

Tbh all kirby characters are bad besides meta knight, d3 has terrible mu against the characters that matter.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

B-: :4mario::4greninja::4rob::4pacman::4duckhunt::4megaman::4tlink::4metaknight:
D: :4bowserjr::4miigun::4palutena::4falco::4myfriends::4bowser::4littlemac::4dk::4wiifit:
E:
I pretty much agree with this, aside from like 10 changes:happysheep:
Link and Robin are pretty low
Kirby is better than Doc
Tink better than Link? lel
Brawler is pretty high
Lucario is kind of low

But then again it's your personal tier list :3

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Meta knight, mario, pac man and frog below angel boys and lucario? My sodium levels are rising.

And shout out to @ FullMoon FullMoon on anthers ladder, i cant play anyone out of europe since lag kills my oh so beautiful meta knight. You remember the last time we played right?

Tbh all kirby characters are bad besides meta knight, d3 has terrible mu against the characters that matter.
Uh yeah, I do. There was some lag but it wasn't too bad.

I don't quite understand why the shout-out towards me in Anther's Ladder but all right.

Soul.

Someone said Pikachu's only good customs are Thunder Wave and HSB in the Character Competitive Impressions thread.
Thank you based post.

My tier list w/o customs

SS (Ultra dominant)
:4diddy::4sheik:

S (Godlike)
:4sonic::4zss::4fox::rosalina::4ness::4pikachu::4miibrawl::4luigi:

A (Great)
:4peach::4yoshi::4metaknight::4megaman::4pit:(:4darkpit:):4mario::4shulk::4falcon::4olimar:

B (Good)
:4wario::4greninja::4pacman::4duckhunt::4tlink::4villager::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4robinf::4rob:

C (Solid)
:4myfriends::4falco::4bowser::4miigun::4link::4ganondorf::4charizard::4dk::4drmario:

D (Lacking)
:4dedede::4kirby::4littlemac::4marth::4samus::4palutena::4zelda::4gaw:

E (Bad)
:4lucina::4bowserjr::4wiifit::4miisword:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll just say a few extra things to back up my case. :^)

I never thought Robin was really that good. Sure, his keepaway game with projectiles are amazing, but he's just so damn slow. Moves can be very punishable if whiffed (dat grab lolol), and his recovery isn't super amazing either. In the end his game is predictable so as long you don't fall into his gameplan, he's much easier to deal with than what most people think.

Mii Brawler isn't a character really looked upon, but from what I've seen in the limited matches that it was in, the guy is pretty ridiculous. Early kills and a super aggressive style that's akin to many of the hyper-aggro characters that dominate the scene as of now.

Guys, Mario isn't THAT good. He's not A2ZOMG bad. But not THAT good.

Luigi is also overrated IMO.

Lucario is really only that high because he probably has the best kill potential in the game. Lot of characters suffer from not being able to kill even with rage, but Lucario can do it relatively reliably and well. He's not THAT high though, because his gameplan is essentially the same as Brawl Zelda. He's of course better than Brawl Zelda, but he's following a flawed gameplan which doesn't make him as good as he should be.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'll only argue that Luigi is overrated when he stops getting results but as of right now? He has the damage from a single easy punish to catch up on virtually any lead you have. He's dumb lol.

Dr. Mario's placement on Berserker's list is far more accurate IMO, doesn't stand out to me as E tier and I've had plenty of experience with the character, D tier is where I'd put him....of course he jumps up considerably with customs because 300000 reasons I don't want to explain here (I've talked about it in like two spots and I'm LAZZZYYYY) but yeah.

Mario isn't "godlike" good but what makes him "good" is how he doesn't get curb stomped by any character in the game. Like, I can't even think of a -2 match up for Mario. Closest you can get is Sheik but that's about it. His match ups are mostly +1, 0, -1 for me imo. That makes him really good

Luigi... Eh, I'm just basing it off purely from results

Dr. Mario is a clone of Mario who isn't a bad character. I'll go with that logic. I mean, yeah his mobility is garbage but he hits hard. He's weird. I can't say that he's a bad character at all. He's not completely outclassed by Mario

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

E:
My tier list w/o customs

SS (Ultra dominant)
:4diddy::4sheik:

S (Godlike)
:4sonic::4zss::4fox::rosalina::4ness::4pikachu::4miibrawl::4luigi:

A (Great)
:4peach::4yoshi::4metaknight::4megaman::4pit:(:4darkpit:):4mario::4shulk::4falcon::4olimar:

B (Good)
:4wario::4greninja::4pacman::4duckhunt::4tlink::4villager::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4robinf::4rob:

C (Solid)
:4myfriends::4falco::4bowser::4miigun::4link::4ganondorf::4charizard::4dk::4drmario:

D (Lacking)
:4kirby::4littlemac::4marth::4samus::4palutena::4zelda::4gaw:

E (Bad)
:4lucina::4bowserjr::4wiifit::4miisword:
._. people making tier lists here too? Now I have to hold back my comments in fear of hurting people's precious feelings

Last edited:

Soul.

I would take out Robin from B and change her placement with Ike. There.
"Luigi is overrated" because his combos are chasing insanity

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Like I know I already posted on this but I'd like to elaborate that the Luigi MU is LITERALLY don't get grabbed or he's running you up to at least 30% with easy followups that reset into another grab for another easy 20-30% damage added on that, with a Fireball that is good because of the general projectile nerfs and decent grounded mobility. He can gimp virtually anyone with the Cyclone Gimp as well if their vertical recovery is poor. This gimp also works at ANY % so....yeah.

I don't think he's overrated at all, really. Nothing's proven the contrary to me yet.

Soul.

lmao Berserker, Dedede isn't listed there. Is he secretly a top tier character? :troll:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
For the record though Kirby is really a lot better with customs and since that's the direction the meta is going IMO, I'm at least taking solace in that. Jumping Inhale is great (good mixup, good way to go out and block linear recoveries, good for recovering), Hammer-2 (I forget the name lol) is good, and Upper Cutter is amazing, an Up+B that PROPERLY LEDGE SNAPS WHOAAAA.

Also Mewtwo is going to be stupid if they port him from Melee because of that Dtilt and rage + throws. Not ridiculously good but I think he's impossible to make bad in this game's system with the way the grab game works and how much less DI there is in this game. Just opinion but yeah.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Okay then, let me have a shot at this

S: :4diddy::4sheik:
A+: :rosalina::4sonic::4pikachu::4zss::4fox::4ness::4luigi:
A-: :4miibrawl::4yoshi::4metaknight::4pit:/:4darkpit::4shulk::4falcon:
B+: :4greninja::4mario::4wario::4lucario::4megaman::4peach::4olimar::4pacman::4villager:
B-: :4rob::4robinm::4jigglypuff::4tlink::4myfriends::4duckhunt::4link:
C: :4falco::4ganondorf::4charizard::4bowserjr::4bowser::4drmario::4marth::4dk::4miigun::4littlemac::4dedede::4kirby:
D: :4wiifit::4samus::4lucina::4zelda::4miisword:

This is not exactly ordered.

Mario isn't "godlike" good but what makes him "good" is how he doesn't get curb stomped by any character in the game. Like, I can't even think of a -2 match up for Mario. Closest you can get is Sheik but that's about it. His match ups are mostly +1, 0, -1 for me imo. That makes him really good
Amusingly enough the same could be said about Greninja. Like, exactly the same.

Top Bottom