• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

I...think Sonic's nair is really just used for damage racking? I don't think it kills until pretty late, but it does 12% and combos from spindash.

Pikachu's nair is good at breaking juggles since it's 3f, ソウル covered it already though. Pika's fair is used for combos too, landing with ff fair leaves enough time to follow up with anything...I think 7f or faster? I know ff fair>dash attack is a kill combo if you're frame perfect, anyway.
FF FAir > DA would be possible if I had a Wii U.
Pikachu's combos in this game depend on DI so lol.

also just call me xSoul because that's tradition. in 24 days I'll change my username. i is no weeb

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I...think Sonic's nair is really just used for damage racking? I don't think it kills until pretty late, but it does 12% and combos from spindash.

Pikachu's nair is good at breaking juggles since it's 3f, ソウル covered it already though. Pika's fair is used for combos too, landing with ff fair leaves enough time to follow up with anything...I think 7f or faster? I know ff fair>dash attack is a kill combo if you're frame perfect, anyway.
Besides damage, I think Sonic's Nair can kill, but that's probably because Sonic can go really high and use either Nair or Uair for a kill. Uair's the most reliable, but some people just like watching the world burn and bump people up with Nair. :p

I wonder if Meta Knight can do that.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
also just call me xSoul because that's tradition. in 24 days I'll change my username. i is no weeb
no

typing your name helps me recognize the difference between ソ and ン

When you first changed it I was like "what is nuru"

I wonder if Meta Knight can do that.
MK's nair has horizontal knockback so I can pretty confidently say no

@ Lavani Lavani looks like your posts are finally up with the times.

I'll see myself out now...
I was just thinking this myself lol

i need help

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Good games to you as well. Very amazing Greninja. I wish I was decent with Rosalina. I may actually have to consider dropping her, but I won't any time soon since I'm faithful to her.

At least my villager and jigglypuff are decent enough. Also fully support wuhu island as well. <3
Your Rosalina wasn't bad, though you seem to have some issues controlling Launch Star though.

Thanks though! I don't really think my Greninja is all that good yet, but I think I'll get there eventually. I still need to get the hang of some things like the Up-Air Spike and SHFF F-Airs.

Also I loved how I busted your recovery with Elwind when you went with Villager against my Robin, it was so priceless I had to save a replay of it

Soul.

no

typing your name helps me recognize the difference between ソ and ン

When you first changed it I was like "what is nuru"
dammit
I changed it as a test so yeah. This was my first time getting Premium.... I mean Freemium.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
MK's nair has horizontal knockback so I can pretty confidently say no
Aw... maybe as a horizontal "boop" and you're dead? Probably not worth it since it might be too far and Meta Knight would just drop down and die or he gets taken with by whoever he's fighting.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 @Fernosaur I started expirementing with Rejection and the wind box stays still no matter where yew move. Ok so heres a more clear explaination. If yew Love Jump with it, The wind box will stay where yew started the move and when yew glide with it, the windbox and the crystal will be apart.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Your Rosalina wasn't bad, though you seem to have some issues controlling Launch Star though.

Thanks though! I don't really think my Greninja is all that good yet, but I think I'll get there eventually. I still need to get the hang of some things like the Up-Air Spike and SHFF F-Airs.

Also I loved how I busted your recovery with Elwind when you went with Villager against my Robin, it was so priceless I had to save a replay of it
Yeah, that was pretty hilarious.

If we are talking about gimping, I certainly got a kick off those stage spikes with my Jigglypuff. :happysheep:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I will lick my Zelda amiibo if she is high tier.
But you already did that.
[collapse=rant]
This actually was a great piece of advise, Locke posted something really interesting that addresses one of the most interesting parts of depression:

My mind was overflowing and I blocked out. I was thinking many whatifs and whatnots, within them, death.
I'm not saying I wanted or thought or planned suicide, I'm not even like "BWAAA I'M SO SAD I'M GONNA DIE!", but it popped in my mind simply as a though.
While I was riding my bike I almost began wildly accelerating for no reason until I realized "what am I doing?", moved to the side of the road and began breathing deeply/almost crying.
That showed me that I am very unstable right now (though I try to stay composed), but I am REALLY scared of another episode. But "keep breathing" is a great piece of advise right now because it was what saved me yesterday, and will probably save me later.

EDIT: I do not mean to say I'm contemplating suicide, I definitely do not want that, just want to rant
[/collapse]
I just read that blog, and that's pretty damn on-point.

I can relate to the mental fog that seems to descend over everything, as well as the thought of death. I myself would, and I set this in stone as firmly as possible, never take my own life, or try to, but that doesn't mean I don't think about it. Simply as an objective thought, nothing more.

"I could probably die today."
"What if this happened?"
"There's always that option."

But every time that train of thought would cross my mind, I'd slap myself and remind myself that there are still people who would care if I was gone, and I couldn't do that. One friend in particular told me once, several years ago, that she could never forgive me if I took my own life. She would not forgive me for such a terrible thing, and would not attend my funeral. Those words must have cut deeper than most things in my life, as they've stuck with me to this day. This was probably six years ago.

Perhaps it's harsh given different circumstances and such, but I consider suicide selfish. I'm probably sounding like the "optimistic hopeful" people that Allie described in her blog. To me, suicide not only hurts you by ending your life, but it also hurts those around you. It takes you out of the picture before you have the chance to make it better. But after reading that blog, I think I should re-think my outlook on that far-end aspect of depression.

But I'm rambling again, and I do apologize.

I'm surprised that my advice had such an effect, yet I'm also glad that it did. It's scary when things start to spiral out of your control, isn't it? That's when it's so critical to stop and reflect, and maybe even not reflect, but just stop. Reset. Just like you did. I'm glad that you were able to see what was happening, and stop before something happened that you would have regretted. "Keep breathing" is the advice one of my friends has been giving me these past few months; not just about work, but about everything happening in my life in general. I'm more than glad to pass that on to you, since it's saved both of us at the end of the day.

This is the end of my tl;dr, gold stars for anyone who actually stayed and read all of this.
You don't have to be strong, you just have to be.

We're here to talk if you need it. <3
I know how decent Pikachus play, and I still hate fighting them, lol. A friend of mine has him as one of her mains.
You still beat me pretty hard for most of the Smash4 matches we've had.
My Smash4 Pika isn't on-point. I've been slacking with him tbh, should probably work on him more. I still think he feels so much better than Brawl Pika, if that's anything, yet that's only my opinion.

.. This new avatar size is such a trivial and unimportant thing yet it's driving me crazy.

Soul.

I still think he feels so much better than Brawl Pika, if that's anything, yet that's only my opinion.
Don't worry, I also think Smash 4 Pikachu is Brawl Pikachu on steriods (aka better) without my precious down throw CGs that made the Star Fox characters run away. :troll:

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Apparently Operation Newfall exists already as OperationFaceplateNA on Twitter.

I still like Operation Newfall better though

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Don't worry, I also think Smash 4 Pikachu is Brawl Pikachu on steriods (aka better) without my precious down throw CGs that made the Star Fox characters run away. :troll:
Wolf limps, so... yeah... You're basically beating up a cripple. :p

I seriously have no idea why his dashing animation is like that. If he was actually crippled in Brawl, could you imagine how fast he would run without a limp? *Sakurai gives him a jog and makes him slower than Ganondorf*

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 @Fernosaur I started expirementing with Rejection and the wind box stays still no matter where yew move. Ok so heres a more clear explaination. If yew Love Jump with it, The wind box will stay where yew started the move and when yew glide with it, the windbox and the crystal will be apart.
woah wtf Zelda is doing some trippy mindgames
idk what the use of this could be, but it's very interesting. Thanks for sharing

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Your Megaman looked decent actually. I also am bad at teching. :p
I dunno, I'm playing a zoner as if I was playing Sheik or something, I think that's not a good thing =P

Man there are so many characters in this game I wish I was good with. Robin is so fun to play but my god that speed.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
But you already did that.

I can relate to the mental fog that seems to descend over everything, as well as the thought of death. I myself would, and I set this in stone as firmly as possible, never take my own life, or try to, but that doesn't mean I don't think about it. Simply as an objective thought, nothing more.

"What if this happened?"

But every time that train of thought would cross my mind, I'd slap myself and remind myself that there are still people who would care if I was gone, and I couldn't do that. One friend in particular told me once, several years ago, that she could never forgive me if I took my own life. She would not forgive me for such a terrible thing, and would not attend my funeral. Those words must have cut deeper than most things in my life, as they've stuck with me to this day. This was probably six years ago.

Perhaps it's harsh given different circumstances and such, but I consider suicide selfish. I'm probably sounding like the "optimistic hopeful" people that Allie described in her blog. To me, suicide not only hurts you by ending your life, but it also hurts those around you. It takes you out of the picture before you have the chance to make it better. But after reading that blog, I think I should re-think my outlook on that far-end aspect of depression.

I'm surprised that my advice had such an effect, yet I'm also glad that it did. It's scary when things start to spiral out of your control, isn't it? That's when it's so critical to stop and reflect, and maybe even not reflect, but just stop. Reset. Just like you did. I'm glad that you were able to see what was happening, and stop before something happened that you would have regretted. "Keep breathing" is the advice one of my friends has been giving me these past few months; not just about work, but about everything happening in my life in general. I'm more than glad to pass that on to you, since it's saved both of us at the end of the day.

This is the end of my tl;dr, gold stars for anyone who actually stayed and read all of this.

You still beat me pretty hard for most of the Smash4 matches we've had.
My Smash4 Pika isn't on-point. I've been slacking with him tbh, should probably work on him more. I still think he feels so much better than Brawl Pika, if that's anything, yet that's only my opinion.

.. This new avatar size is such a trivial and unimportant thing yet it's driving me crazy.
Honestly I'd rather you work on Zelda than that evil Quick Attack wielding mouse. :awesome:

But we haven't played in a while. We should have a Pokemon battle now that I'm semi-competent with Lucario, and Greninja to an extent.

EDIT: I just realized that I said I'd rather you work on Zelda, and then I asked for a Pokemon battle. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Aw... maybe as a horizontal "boop" and you're dead? Probably not worth it since it might be too far and Meta Knight would just drop down and die or he gets taken with by whoever he's fighting.
In case I'm misunderstanding you, MK's nair actually is a kill move, he just can't combo into it at kill percents because of the range and his lack of horizontal-carrying combos, and at lower percents you either have more damaging options like Mach Tornado or the opponent can DI to force you to use fair instead.

Mainly you'd use it when edgeguarding.

... This new avatar size is such a trivial and unimportant thing yet it's driving me crazy.
I know right? I spent an hour editing my last 125x150 avatar and now it gets disgustingly upscaled...back to this one I guess.

Soul.

Wolf limps, so... yeah... You're basically beating up a cripple. :p

I seriously have no idea why his dashing animation is like that. If he was actually crippled in Brawl, could you imagine how fast he would run without a limp? *Sakurai gives him a jog and makes him slower than Ganondorf*
lol wait what. That true? I haven't played Brawl so..
Brawl Ganondorf was rofl; if Wolf had a slower running speed than Ganondorf he would at least have a good air game.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
brb, going to make a HUGE MESS out of that Community list.

"What if this happened?"

I luv ya'll gurls!! ♥♥

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So back to the age discussion... Why am I so old? Not Grandpa Fernosaur old, but still old.

D

Deleted member

So back to the age discussion... Why am I so old? Not Grandpa Fernosaur old, but still old.
Back in my old social, I was the youngest and I felt like I was 7 years old ^o^ But here, there are other 15 year olds (i think) SO I HAVE AGE BUDDIES. I AM NO LONGER A CHILD. Trust me, you aren't old. @kaazers is. He was the grandpa in the old social him and I were in :awesome:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
*looks at CPU 3's age*

That's not even old get out.

Enjoy being young while it's there and don't accelerate the time length by 'olding' yourself up. :bee:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In case I'm misunderstanding you, MK's nair actually is a kill move, he just can't combo into it at kill percents because of the range and his lack of horizontal-carrying combos, and at lower percents you either have more damaging options like Mach Tornado or the opponent can DI to force you to use fair instead.

Mainly you'd use it when edgeguarding.

I know right? I spent an hour editing my last 125x150 avatar and now it gets disgustingly upscaled...back to this one I guess.
I didn't know Meta Knight's Nair killed, but then again, pretty much anything can kill at the right percent. What I meant more was if Meta Knight could use it to kill near the blast zone, which I guess you answered.

lol wait what. That true? I haven't played Brawl so..
Brawl Ganondorf was rofl; if Wolf had a slower running speed than Ganondorf he would at least have a good air game.
Nobody notices because most people use Wolf's air speed to move rather than his ground speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzm4skwnZ1s.

Horrible quality, but within the first seconds, you can see Wolf "dash" or limp his way towards Lucario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H44-wYOcNuw.

From what I remember, Wolf's walking speed was just barely slower than his dashing speed like Falco. Still, his air speed made up for it and if he was in SSB4 basically ported and tweaked, he would probably be higher up than Falco or even Fox because Wolf would be able to survive longer, meteor, recover well with both Wolf Flash and Fire Wolf, and his zoning and projectile game wouldn't be as potent - the range or knockback would probably have to decrease -, but Wolf already had to deal with the end lag in the air and on the ground, right?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I didn't know Meta Knight's Nair killed, but then again, pretty much anything can kill at the right percent.
Well, it's a later kill, but it isn't terribly late; something like 150% center stage against Sheik iirc, obviously kills much sooner in an edgeguard situation. Bair and nair both got noticeable kill power buffs in 1.0.4.

Unrelated,

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think if I were to make my list of my ten favorite characters in this game both because of gameplay and liking the character itself it would likely be

:4greninja:
:4lucario:
:4robinm:
:4lucina:
:4metaknight:
:4falco:
:4samus:
:4peach:
:4mario:
:4pacman:

Honorable mention to Palutena because to this day I have yet to completed Uprising and so I haven't been able to experience all of her silly conversations with Pit yet.

And of course I can only properly with Greninja. I've tried all those 9 others and none of them worked =V

Soul.

Damn OoS QA is so good. Need to use that more.
Nobody notices because most people use Wolf's air speed to move rather than his ground speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzm4skwnZ1s.

Horrible quality, but within the first seconds, you can see Wolf "dash" or limp his way towards Lucario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H44-wYOcNuw.

From what I remember, Wolf's walking speed was just barely slower than his dashing speed like Falco. Still, his air speed made up for it and if he was in SSB4 basically ported and tweaked, he would probably be higher up than Falco or even Fox because Wolf would be able to survive longer, meteor, recover well with both Wolf Flash and Fire Wolf, and his zoning and projectile game wouldn't be as potent - the range or knockback would probably have to decrease -, but Wolf already had to deal with the end lag in the air and on the ground, right?
Brawl videos are relaxing in some way. I dunno why. Now I know how Wolf plays. It's spacing his aerials and stuff.
Him being in this game would make me indifferent; all 3 characters are unique except Krystal. :troll:
Unrelated,
.....wat

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
If you can't recommend me new booze to try you aren't old enough.
Alcohol is poison.
*looks at CPU 3's age*

That's not even old get out.

Enjoy being young while it's there and don't accelerate the time length by 'olding' yourself up. :bee:
I think you mean, "Get off my lawn!"

I feel old in spirit though, all these youngin's are saying they are "bae af" and I'm making references to Andy Griffith.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So does anyone have music recomendations? Note: I like T-Sizzle, lady Gaga, and Ed sheeran. I'm a basic teenager so yeah.
Please do yourself a favor and listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC-_lVzdiFE
edit: omg I can't believe I forgot her, look up Marina and the Diamonds too
Alcohol is poison.

I think you mean, "Get off my lawn!"

I feel old in spirit though, all these youngin's are saying they are "bae af" and I'm making references to Andy Griffith.
When people say bae I'm just like

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Largely mixed here, it's hard to say. Among my ethnic group (South Asian), most people identify as fiscal conservatives.

Econ professors do their best to balance to teach and not spout out ideology, credit to them. It was through them that I got an interesting perspective into Keynesian economics and even learned to appreciate some monetarist thought.

The Poly Sci professors tho...lol. A bunch of crazed, Democrat-worshipping hippies.
Oh man, I can't imagine what you must think of my politics lol

Top Bottom