• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lozjam

Smash Champion
New 3DS XL is the same thing as the 3DS XL with the same things the New 3DS has.
Everyone has been complaining about them not releasing the regular New 3DS so it's whatever.
Except for the cheaper price, and most of all, awesome faceplates. They were such a good idea, and an amazing way to personalize the system. If the New 3DS XL's had faceplates, I would not be complaining one bit.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
De nadaa~ and Good games! ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS ARE SCARY. JESUS CHRIST.
Omg thanks, you too tho

I was honestly scared to get on stage with your Peach. Like I know the matchup is hORRIBLE for Zelda but I hadn't played a Peach up until now where I was like "help I can't do anything." And lol YOU LANDED SO MANY RESTS WITH JIGGLY

Soul.

Except for the cheaper price, and most of all, awesome faceplates. They were such a good idea, and an amazing way to personalize the system. If the New 3DS XL's had faceplates, I would not be complaining one bit.
Only reason the New 3DS was worth getting for me was because of this:
That, and the themes that are available on the Theme Shop. NoA makes excuses.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Agreed. I still think you have a good sense of moral justice if that's how you would've felt. I definitely have been scared by a bunch of dreams and come to realize how grateful i am to have the life i do have, and not a crappy one.
Same here bud, same here...

Me yew @Latte and @ Lavani Lavani ... I think should open a coffee shop and name it, the coffee pal-lis. Only our SB friends will understand
And we should host tournaments in our coffee shop. We will outdo Starbucks with our sass.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I refuse to buy a New 3DS until they release the regular sized one in North America. The only reason I'd upgrade would be to get the cool faceplates to customize it however I like. Imo, the XL versions of any DS are just wastes of money, so I wouldn't ever buy a New 3DS XL. My current 3DS works perfectly fine (despite being 4 years old), so I can hold out. Honestly, NOA needs to stop making stupid decisions like this because they're obviously not working out.

#minirant

Last edited:

Soul.

I refuse to buy a New 3DS until they release the regular sized one in North America. The only reason I'd upgrade would be to get the cool faceplates to customize it however I like. Imo, the XL versions of any DS are just wastes of money, so I wouldn't ever buy a New 3DS XL. My current 3DS works perfectly fine (despite being 4 years old), so I can hold out. Honestly, NOA needs to stop making stupid decisions like this because they're obviously not working out.

#minirant
Since you brought up the XL I'll say that I don't have one. I may get the New 3DS Xl because my OG 3DS' Circle Pad grip is falling down. Bigger screens are cool too.
The only reason I wanted the regular New 3DS was because, well, faceplates. The Pikachu one made me want it even more but NoA is just a dumb decision maker.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Only reason the New 3DS was worth getting for me was because of this:
That, and the themes that are available on the Theme Shop. NoA makes excuses.
Oh wait, you are talking about the 3DSXL versus new 3DS XL.
Well, it is loads different. First off, I want it to play Xenoblade with(my wii disk broke like 2 years ago, my wii, destroyer of Shulks :'( ), it has the extra processing power, better 3D, better colors, and the C stick and extra buttons are optimal for MH4 and MM3D. I somewhat agree with you however, if you have a 3DS XL, the new 3DS does not offer that many improvements to be worth it for some. I however, have the OG 3DS from launch, and it is pretty beat up(Smash and Firemblem took a huge toll on the system), so it is a nice and nearly necessary upgrade for me.

EDIT:
I am going to get the system on Thursday, so on Saturday, I can give you all my thoughts on the system and do an in depth review to those that are interested.

Last edited:

Soul.

Oh wait, you are talking about the 3DSXL versus new 3DS XL.
Well, it is loads different. First off, I want it to play Xenoblade with(my wii disk broke like 2 years ago, my wii, destroyer of Shulks :'( ), it has the extra processing power, better 3D, better colors, and the C stick and extra buttons are optimal for MH4 and MM3D. I somewhat agree with you however, if you have a 3DS XL, the new 3DS does not offer that many improvements to be worth it for some. I however, have the OG 3DS from launch, and it is pretty beat up(Smash and Firemblem took a huge toll on the system), so it is a nice and nearly necessary upgrade for me.
I would buy the New 3DS XL if they released the Metallic Blue color but eh. Just a color. My DSi XL was the Metallic Blue one too, so I would like to make fun of that. My OG 3DS is also from launch.
If one has the 3DS XL and wants to get a New 3DS XL then yeah that's a problem. The same thing with better stuff. I may or may not get Xenoblade. Who knows. I never played it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I would buy the New 3DS XL if they released the Metallic Blue color but eh. Just a color. My DSi XL was the Metallic Blue one too, so I would like to make fun of that. My OG 3DS is also from launch.
If one has the 3DS XL and wants to get a New 3DS XL then yeah that's a problem. The same thing with better stuff. I may or may not get Xenoblade. Who knows. I never played it.
If you do get a New 3DS, get Xenoblade. Really! It is one of my favorite games of all time(Or at least it was, until it broke), and you will get countless hours of content. Also, with as many hours you can put into Xenoblade... I actually think it is well suited for a handheld experience.
They actually do have Metallic Blue New 3DS's too, I just don't think they are in stock anymore. So you may have to wait a while.

Soul.

I wouldn't mind so much but the input lag is ****ing me so hard I'm SDing myself left and right and my actions are so delayed ughhh
Scrub's best strength is input lag. For Glory is scrub tier anyways. With Friends da bess you ever had.

If you do get a New 3DS, get Xenoblade. Really! It is one of my favorite games of all time(Or at least it was, until it broke), and you will get countless hours of content. Also, with as many hours you can put into Xenoblade... I actually think it is well suited for a handheld experience.
They actually do have Metallic Blue New 3DS's too, I just don't think they are in stock anymore. So you may have to wait a while.
Perhaps. I'll think about it. Never really played other RPGs outside of Pokémon, so... I do agree that with the huge amount of content it fits on a handheld. The New 3DS needs more exclusives though.
Oh, and I didn't know about that. I'll wait... well I already am.

I'm also thinking of getting digital 3DS games and ofc a higher capacity MicroSD Card.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Does anyone know how prices of a microSD compare to a regular SD card?

Any way gorls I'm going in with the +1 Zelda and Samus and -1 Diddy if anyone wants to join in.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Does anyone know how prices of a microSD compare to a regular SD card?

Any way gorls I'm going in with the +1 Zelda and Samus and -1 Diddy if anyone wants to join in.
IDK, I think down voting Diddy will just cause the owner to void you votes, lol. No one would down vote Diddy lmao.

Maybe you could down vote sheik or something. That way you're still rightfully down voting Zelda. :awesome:

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Just fought a Pikachu online that only jumped around and spammed Quick Attack and Thunderjolts. Then if I did anything he would do the classic Uthrow>Thunder over and over again until all the hits linked and I died.

Holy **** that match was IMPOSSIBLE as Zelda. Seriously no matter what I tried I just couldn't catch him. On the bright side, I took a stock off him each game with an Elevator at 50%, and won a match with a Din's Fire hitting him in the corner of the screen at 40%, lol. Is spamming Quick Attack like that a viable strategy against slow chars?? Regardless my hate for Smash Pikachu grows...

In other news someone changed their tag to a bunch of rude and profane words (er..abbreviations) after I beat their rolly, scrubby Toon Link with Palutena. Roll/Lag/Scrub Glory never ceases to amaze me.

EDIT: If that Pikachu would've actually stayed for more matches, I might have been able to catch their pattern and airdodge habit...oh well.

Last edited:

Soul.

Just fought a Pikachu online that only jumped around and spammed Quick Attack and Thunderjolts. Then if I did anything he would do the classic Uthrow>Thunder over and over again until all the hits linked and I died.

Holy **** that match was IMPOSSIBLE as Zelda. Seriously no matter what I tried I just couldn't catch him. On the bright side, I took a stock off him each game with an Elevator at 50%, and won a match with a Din's Fire hitting him in the corner of the screen at 40%, lol. Is spamming Quick Attack like that a viable strategy against slow chars?? Regardless my hate for Smash Pikachu grows...

In other news someone changed their tag to a bunch of rude and profane words (er..abbreviations) after I beat their rolly, scrubby Toon Link with Palutena. Roll/Lag/Scrub Glory never ceases to amaze me.

EDIT: If that Pikachu would've actually stayed for more matches, I might have been able to catch their pattern and airdodge habit...oh well.
bruh
play me and I'll teach you the ways of the Pikachu... oh wait, Wii U right. dammit
inb4 Shredder

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Zelda's now the 1st character I've unlocked all customs for! The last one I needed was Squall, which I'm starting to get used to. Greninja and Doc are just hanging there with one custom to unlock for each and Charizard needs two.

Going back to the Pokemon discussion from ~8-10 pages ago, it made me sad to see a lot of negative opinions about various games/generations as someone who has greatly enjoyed every main series game. My first game was Diamond and my current favorite is B/W, but I honestly love them all. My generation ranking is something like 5 > 4 > 6 = 3 = 2 > 1 right now, taking gameplay, competitive gameplay, story, pokemon designs, region and music into account.

Gen V imo had the best story and music, some nice gameplay improvements, a fun main game and post game, the second-best pokemon designs after III, a cool-looking interface and a nice region. Plus it had that amazing low health music that everyone hates except for me and a few others :(

About the music, these are some of my favorite tracks from the series:
B/W and B2/W2 have my favorite soundtracks, followed by X/Y, then HG/SS, then ORAS, then DPPt, then RSE, then FR/LG.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon da bess you ever had.
Indeed. I love the Mystery Dungeon games as much as I do the main series. Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky are my favorites.
Knowing myself I'm probably going to be alone for one entire year before I start making friends. At least it's only 3 hours a day, or 4 in some cases. I'm a very timid person.
I feel ya bro ;_;
Platinum is love. Sinnoh is love. Gen 4 in general is love~
B/W were the best in story. Music too I guess, but again, Route 225.
This is a true and factual statement.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Xenoblade 3d is the entire reason I want a new 3ds. I beat Xenoblade chronicles for the wii, I loved it, but it does scream a need for pick up and play. Honestly, the main reason I play mostly on my 3ds is because of how easy it is to turn it on and start playing.

Also the jukebox feature. So many amazing songs to just listen while off somewhere.

Also Model viewer. Oooh Melia. ~
:happysheep:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Amusingly enough I already started to talk to some people at college today, it helps that they go the same way as me when I'm going home. We're not quite friends yet, but who knows, maybe.

Anybody feels like playing matches on the Wii U? I kinda want to do something fun now.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Amusingly enough I already started to talk to some people at college today, it helps that they go the same way as me when I'm going home. We're not quite friends yet, but who knows, maybe.

Anybody feels like playing matches on the Wii U? I kinda want to do something fun now.
I'm up for it. Want to be more diverse with who I face. Been fighting the same people over and over.

Soul.

Zelda's now the 1st character I've unlocked all customs for! The last one I needed was Squall, which I'm starting to get used to. Greninja and Doc are just hanging there with one custom to unlock for each and Charizard needs two.

Going back to the Pokemon discussion from ~8-10 pages ago, it made me sad to see a lot of negative opinions about various games/generations as someone who has greatly enjoyed every main series game. My first game was Diamond and my current favorite is B/W, but I honestly love them all. My generation ranking is something like 5 > 4 > 6 = 3 = 2 > 1 right now, taking gameplay, competitive gameplay, story, pokemon designs, region and music into account.

Gen V imo had the best story and music, some nice gameplay improvements, a fun main game and post game, the second-best pokemon designs after III, a cool-looking interface and a nice region. Plus it had that amazing low health music that everyone hates except for me and a few others :(

About the music, these are some of my favorite tracks from the series:
B/W and B2/W2 have my favorite soundtracks, followed by X/Y, then HG/SS, then ORAS, then DPPt, then RSE, then FR/LG.

Indeed. I love the Mystery Dungeon games as much as I do the main series. Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.

I feel ya bro ;_;

This is a true and factual statement.
Bruh.
Mystery Dungeon is good and all but the emotion behind it is just meh imo.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was kind of following until Robin, then wtf'd at WFT and Bowser, then stopped reading after Zelda because that is where tier lists are supposed to end.

Quick poll: This list, or the community voted one?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
In the 3ds version, Rosalina was the first I unlocked customs for. She was my most played character by far.

Funnily R.O.B was my first in the wii u version and I didn't play him once before I did.

Top Bottom