• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

When playing against @ Macchiato Macchiato you need to use...
:4luigi:
The only reason I can see you saying that is cuz of her using her soccer ball on the ledge, but you can just shield it and dsmash when they lose their ledge invincibility... Header and Sun Salutation aren't campy projectiles, they're more utility. Watch these and then if you still think she's a campy mess, I can't change your opinion
They're utility projectiles?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
When playing against @ Macchiato Macchiato you need to use...
:4luigi:

They're utility projectiles?
Ah bad wording, sorry. What I mean is that they don't take up the regular purpose of projectiles like zoning, killing, etc. Sun Salutation is more to attempt to KO, cover your landing, or set up an edgeguard and Header is for getting back to stage safely/edgeguarding or spiking if you want to be completely disrespectful :')
This is 10x more reasonable than I thought it was going to be

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Alright girls.... My Id brain functions has finally won over my Super-ego functions.... But super-ego is not happy, as it almost always gets in the way.... I'm getting a New 3DS and I'm going to get the starter bundle, with MM3D and MH4.... Who cares if it isn't the MM 3DS if I have this little Gem of a case

It looks a lot cooler than the MM 3DS.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
[collapse=rant]
Maybe there isn't need for anything, but for what it's worth, I've been there.

Over the past few years, and more specifically this past year, I've been struggling off and on with depression and high levels of stress, and it always feels like once it starts to get better, you just hit another wall. There's.. not really anything helpful I can say, other than just keep breathing. That's what I've been telling myself this whole time; just breathe.

I apologize if this wasn't helpful; I just had to say something.
Please stay well.
This actually was a great piece of advise, Locke posted something really interesting that addresses one of the most interesting parts of depression:
My mind was overflowing and I blocked out. I was thinking many whatifs and whatnots, within them, death.
I'm not saying I wanted or thought or planned suicide, I'm not even like "BWAAA I'M SO SAD I'M GONNA DIE!", but it popped in my mind simply as a though.
While I was riding my bike I almost began wildly accelerating for no reason until I realized "what am I doing?", moved to the side of the road and began breathing deeply/almost crying.
That showed me that I am very unstable right now (though I try to stay composed), but I am REALLY scared of another episode. But "keep breathing" is a great piece of advise right now because it was what saved me yesterday, and will probably save me later.

EDIT: I do not mean to say I'm contemplating suicide, I definitely do not want that, just want to rant
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@Nammy12
Sorry for being incompetent, but do I have to "acquire Melee digitally" (is speaking of roms banned?) to get the .iso files?
Honestly, I'd be super grateful you could pm them to me or something.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
[collapse=rant]
This actually was a great piece of advise, Locke posted something really interesting that addresses one of the most interesting parts of depression:

My mind was overflowing and I blocked out. I was thinking many whatifs and whatnots, within them, death.
I'm not saying I wanted or thought or planned suicide, I'm not even like "BWAAA I'M SO SAD I'M GONNA DIE!", but it popped in my mind simply as a though.
While I was riding my bike I almost began wildly accelerating for no reason until I realized "what am I doing?", moved to the side of the road and began breathing deeply/almost crying.
That showed me that I am very unstable right now (though I try to stay composed), but I am REALLY scared of another episode. But "keep breathing" is a great piece of advise right now because it was what saved me yesterday, and will probably save me later.

EDIT: I do not mean to say I'm contemplating suicide, I definitely do not want that, just want to rant
[/collapse]
[collapse=rant response]
-nods- I'm glad I could help even a bit. ^_^ Thoughts happen, and it's really scary when you realize what you're thinking about and what just happened. You have good senses that you can rely on even in the worst situations, evidenced by you pulling over. Knowing you can trust yourself to make good decisions when it counts lifts a little bit of pressure off yourself when you do something dumb. Whenever you need an ear, I'm more than willing to be there and so are multiple others.

Stay strong. This too will pass.

Edit: I love your avatar. Please never change it. It's the cutest.
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Austrian.

My local college is filled with anarcho-capitalists, but I'm not that extreme.
Largely mixed here, it's hard to say. Among my ethnic group (South Asian), most people identify as fiscal conservatives.

Econ professors do their best to balance to teach and not spout out ideology, credit to them. It was through them that I got an interesting perspective into Keynesian economics and even learned to appreciate some monetarist thought.

The Poly Sci professors tho...lol. A bunch of crazed, Democrat-worshipping hippies.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Or screaming Serah's name every two seconds in Final Fantasy XIII. Speaking of which. @kaazers. :p

Oh, and Excalibur.
Lol, he screamed Serah for days. And then came LR when he became a super depressed emo
because she died. XD

I am so sorry. There isn't a need for anything, but I've been there and it is hard. No getting around it. Sometimes, life just hits you hard. Have faith that you'll bounce back, but don't rush yourself. I know it can be annoying to hear things you already know, but it can also be better than silence.

If you don't know hyperbole and a half, you should. These helped me a lot coming to terms with that part of my life. Hopefully they can help you and others in similar situations.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html?m=1

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2013/05/depression-part-two.html?m=1

I also recommend the rest of her blog, as it is amaaazing (and not depression filled). Everyone should read it. I recommend it alot.
Ok, read this, i definitely like this blog. Although, it just makes the concept of Depression weirder in my eyes. Everyone says i shouldn't worry about it because of how optimistic and positive and i am, despite my problems at times, but from what everyone says, it's not something you can actually make yourself stop feeling, like just feeling sad. It just...happens, and no matter what you do, you can't snap out of it or will yourself to feel different. It's like you're not in control at all. It makes no sense to me, bleh.

Also, i'm pretty sure that piece of corn

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Thanks, gonna bookmark these when i get home. : 3

Okay so... all this talk about your cyclones inevitably caused me to dream about my greatest fear, and well, perhaps to a more indirect level this time, but still relates because it's a natural disaster. I blame you completely @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

It started off in Texas, where I'm at. The news were saying there was going to be a Tornado Watch in various areas around Texas, though Dallas was being the most prominent right now. And naturally, I was panicking inside, because I friggin hate tornadoes.

... I somehow ended up in Sweden. There was also some kind of natural disaster alert (apparently this was almost a worldwide thing, might as well have been the end of the world). Anyway, I was in a bus with very few people (and I don't remember seeing the bus driver driving it btw, so knowing the craziness of my dream, the bus might have been driving on its own).

We were driving over this bridge, and I could see the sea beneath us. The waves were rising at ridiculously high levels, and the few people in the bus with me, including me, gasped in surprise as one particular wave rose so high, that it literally just... wiped out everything on the bridge. Our bus started tumbling toward the end of the bridge, which, there was still water there from the wave. In other words, we were gonna fall into the water caused by the sea, but not the sea itself.

Then it's like as if I knew exactly everything that was going to happen because I was planning things in advance. Knowing that we were gonna crash into the water, I knew we needed to escape the bus soon, before it sunk. I yanked the lever from the back door of the bus open, just as we landed in the water. People began swimming out through that back door, desperate to save themselves. I saved two people; someone that had been accompanying me, and a little girl, and holding their hands/swimming at the same time was not easy, but I magically didn't seem to have trouble breathing under water, even though I was instinctively looking for air myself.

Anyway.

We pulled up from the water and managed to get back to the city, only to find that most of the city was almost completely flooded from the tsunami. I had a home there though that was pretty high off from the ground (and I never even had this home, mind you), so I headed that way with the two people I had saved. My mom was inside, and after all the relief of seeing me, she told me there was this thing that would drain some of the water from the city.

We began to head to this place, which wasn't far from my house. The door to it was locked however, and there was some Swedish guy there trying to figure out how to get in too. I tried lockpicking it (pretty sure I know where this influence came from too). After awhile we managed to open it, and hurried inside.

There was like... one of those metal wheels that you spin, and that's what would lower the water level. There was a Pikachu there that helped me. Yep.

/dear diary

*edit* And now I'm afraid of going back to sleep, because the dream might continue from where it left off (cause that happens to me). Also, this isn't the first time I've dreamed about falling into the water and saving people - another time was in a plane. Wth is wrong with me, and why do I keep dreaming about things like this?
Maybe because you're a good person who cares about others and would risk your life to save them?

Or maybe you can secretly see the future and are mentally preparing yourself to have to do this in real life? : 3

EDIT: @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 Thanks for posting in between my posts. You saved me from a double post. : 3

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Ok, read this, i definitely like this blog. Although, it just makes the concept of Depression weirder in my eyes. Everyone says i shouldn't worry about it because of how optimistic and positive and i am, despite my problems at times, but from what everyone says, it's not something you can actually make yourself stop feeling, like just feeling sad. It just...happens, and no matter what you do, you can't snap out of it or will yourself to feel different. It's like you're not in control at all. It makes no sense to me, bleh.

Also, i'm pretty sure that piece of corn
Think of depression as a mental illness, which it is, and then think of mental illness like any other illness, which it is, and it makes a lot more sense about how you're not in control.
[collapse=mental illness stigma comics]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Think of depression as a mental illness, which it is, and then think of mental illness like any other illness, which it is, and it makes a lot more sense about how you're not in control.
[collapse=mental illness stigma comics]
[/collapse]
Ok, that definitely makes more sense. It's just like any other illness, you're not in control of what's happening in any case. Thanks Locke, that clears it up for me.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Largely mixed here, it's hard to say. Among my ethnic group (South Asian), most people identify as fiscal conservatives.

Econ professors do their best to balance to teach and not spout out ideology, credit to them. It was through them that I got an interesting perspective into Keynesian economics and even learned to appreciate some monetarist thought.

The Poly Sci professors tho...lol. A bunch of crazed, Democrat-worshipping hippies.
Lately I've been debating with myself over college. It seems like a bad investment. And I don't have patience for people who have no perspective.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Maybe because you're a good person who cares about others and would risk your life to save them?

Or maybe you can secretly see the future and are mentally preparing yourself to have to do this in real life? : 3
I don't know what I am, but the thought of those people sinking in that bus and not having done anything would have haunted me, even after me waking up from that dream. It's unusual how much dreams can affect you, even when you know they're not real.

And if I could see the future, I'd be making $ and treating all of you to the finest coffee shops in the world on a routine basis.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
My friend Matti was depressed, she cut herself and always covered it with long sleeves, I took her to our school counselor and yeah she ignored me for weeks but after. She wasn't depressed after a month and she realized how great friend I am. Sorry to ruin this depression talk but I just love how there are many sides of gaga

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Lately I've been debating with myself over college. It seems like a bad investment. And I don't have patience for people who have no perspective.
Massive can of worms. University's ROI is dependent on:

->Your major/minor
->How much debt you dig yourself into, if any
->Friends/connections you make

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I don't know what I am, but the thought of those people sinking in that bus and not having done anything would have haunted me, even after me waking up from that dream. It's unusual how much dreams can affect you, even when you know they're not real.

And if I could see the future, I'd be making $ and treating all of you to the finest coffee shops in the world on a routine basis.
Agreed. I still think you have a good sense of moral justice if that's how you would've felt. I definitely have been scared by a bunch of dreams and come to realize how grateful i am to have the life i do have, and not a crappy one.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I don't have one but the regular New 3DS is about the same size as the original one, albeit a bit taller.

source: internet
Yeah ummmm.... That's great and all, but Americans are apparently too unsophisticated for the Regular New 3DS, I am getting the XL, just like the rest of the plebians that are apparently, North Americans. Perhaps we cannot handle the concept of faceplates, even though we practically invented the concept and made it popular with our smart phones

Last edited:

Soul.

Yeah ummmm.... That's great and all, but Americans are apparently too unsophisticated for the Regular New 3DS, I am getting the XL, just like the rest of the plebians that are apparently, North Americans. Perhaps we cannot handle the concept of faceplates, even though we practically invented the concept and made it popular with our smart phones
New 3DS XL is the same thing as the 3DS XL with the same things the New 3DS has.
Everyone has been complaining about them not releasing the regular New 3DS so it's whatever.

Top Bottom