• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh, wow, no, I never saw this one. It looks different from the Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain games but it actually looks quite cool and I would've gotten it had it been released. I'd been wondering what happened to the franchise. With some minor adjustments to the combat, it could've been really good in its own right.
The comments complained about how it didn't have Kain or Raziel and deserved to be canceled while others complained about how it was an Assassin's Creed rip off, Square Enix was stupid for releasing Nosgoth over it, and how it looked bad. Well, Youtube comments being Youtube comments, Dead Sun from what I remember was supposed to take place after the last game and would involve Kain, but more so of the after effects. Dead Sun looks good, sounds good, and for an unfinished game, its presentation is outstanding. The writing was the strongest part of SR/LoK, I mean, just listen to this.

Recent games just got to this level of voice acting and writing, but SR/LoK had this in 2001! Holy hell! Actually, Jak & Daxter had good writing for a simple game and it was old too. Current games are either trying too hard or not trying at all. I miss stuff like this; I missed this series because I never played it when I was young. I miss hearing campy things from games like Devil May Cry or this serious, well-acted writing of SR/LoK. Should I mention Dark Cloud 2? It just felt right, but then you have current games feeling a bit forced like Mass Effect and Other M or just feeling hollow like Crysis and Call of Duty which at this rate are Hollywood blockbusters or games like Far Cry 3 and 4 that have their moments, but not enough to be consistent. Still, games like Spec Ops: The Line, inFAMOUS, and Bulletstorm are breathes of fresh air because they do what they aimed so well. Spec Ops feels like a Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now as a game, inFAMOUS feels like a hero's story grounded and relatable, and Bulletstorm is just wacky and fun.

It's why I love Ratchet & Clank because they're fun, Devil May Cry because it doesn't take itself seriously, and Sly Cooper, man that series feels like a jazzy cartoon.

Edit: Forgot the link to Dead Sun's wiki entry: http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_of_Kain:_Dead_Sun.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
@ FullMoon FullMoon

College sucks for social stuff, though it could just be the area I'm in. Most of the time people pretend you're invisible, and they'll only say something to you if it looks like you know the material in class, that way they can get some "free help". Though I've had some... weirdos talk to me before, but... er, I don't go to college to get married.

Good luck to you though. I guess Brazil has changed more than I thought in terms of people being super social all the time.
No, I think Brazil is still like that. I'm just a guy who's Brazilian in-name-only considering most of the things everybody thinks Brazilian people love I actually either don't care or hate.

I'm a Kalos baby all the way. Haters gonna hate.
You're my favorite person now.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So long as you won't attack me for never having played through Diamond or Pearl.. or Platinum. ;_;
Next part of my post is my explanation.

Also I only played Y once, haven't gotten around to playing my copy of X yet (even if it's pretty much the same).

My first Pokémon game ever played was Silver, and I grew up with that and Gold on an emulator since before I knew what an emulator was. Pokémon Y was my first ever legit Pokémon game, just like my 3DS was my first ever handheld console. I'm underprivileged. :')
Silver was my first Pokemon game also! I never finished it because the Ice Cave was hell to a 3-4 year old. Heart Gold was the first time I actually beat a game set in Johto.

My Gen ranking is probably something like 4>2>5>1>3>6.

My Pokemon games went like this: I got Silver and played on my GBA when I was like 3, then borrowed Red from a friend when I was like 5 and beat that a few times, borrowed Emerald when I was like 6 and beat that, then I just played the Pokemon games as they came out (so Pearl to Platinum to Black, etc.).

If you want to go back and play the older Pokemon games, I'd recommend you play Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Platinum is the best Sinnoh game and HGSS is life (seriously, they're probably the best Pokemon games made so far. I still prefer Sinnoh, though).

i'm liking your new post color, btw

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Also, don't, just don't take 15 or more credits even if you don't have a job. I'm taking 15 credits this semester and it's a pain. Last semester was 13, 1 more credit than the minimum of 12 at my uni.
What now? That's certainly not advice I'd be giving.

@ FullMoon FullMoon Yes, you certainly don't want to overestimate yourself in your freshman year, stick with 15 for at least two. Taking 17-18 credits in your sophomore/junior years is a perfectly fine option, given that you feel that you're capable of it. I managed part-time work, family care, social life, and grades fine in two separate 18 credit semesters. Sleep is for *******.

Of course, it's also dependent on what you plan on studying. CS major/Econ minor here talking, I wouldn't know much about other academic concentrations. Best of luck. You claim to be timid now, chances are you'll be having a blast within a few months. The easiest way to make friends is to sit with people in lecture who're in your same recitation, you'll chat them up in no time.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Silver was my first Pokemon game also! I never finished it because the Ice Cave was hell to a 3-4 year old. Heart Gold was the first time I actually beat a game set in Johto.

My Gen ranking is probably something like 4>2>5>1>3>6.

My Pokemon games went like this: I got Silver and played on my GBA when I was like 3, then borrowed Red from a friend when I was like 5 and beat that a few times, borrowed Emerald when I was like 6 and beat that, then I just played the Pokemon games as they came out (so Pearl to Platinum to Black, etc.).

If you want to go back and play the older Pokemon games, I'd recommend you play Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Platinum is the best Sinnoh game and HGSS is life (seriously, they're probably the best Pokemon games made so far. I still prefer Sinnoh, though).

i'm liking your new post color, btw
Not actually sure how old I was when I started playing Pokémon, but I have to say it was.. hm I was probably between 7 and 9.
Silver was my first, Gold second (when my sister deleted my hard-worked Silver save, I deleted her Gold one >.>); Red sometime later when I realized I could put more games on my emulator; tiny bit of Emerald but for some reason didn't finish it; Ruby later, but I realized when I went back to it after getting ORAS that I didn't finish that either?? I stopped before Elite 4, wtf me. Y was the pivotal game for me, and the bells and whistles of 3DS graphics and such made ORAS a must-have for me. I haven't played much of my OR as of now since, well.. between work, several new/need-to-play-again games and me just being a complete beyond-all-hope scatterbrain, I haven't focused on it. Almost forgot I played a bit through White, but I'm going to restart it soon when my terrible attention span full-circles.

But for what it's worth, based on what I've seen and heard from each gen, my own personal rank is 2>6>1=3>4>5.

I'd probably be more inclined to play SoulSilver, just because of Silver being my first, and would you recommend Platinum specifically over Pearl? I kinda want to play Pearl, but I'm not decided yet. I want to avoid emulators on 4th gen, because lolDeSmuME and no$gba, but then they're pretty expensive for physical copies still.

Long post took forever because I can't ever get over going back to Brawl from Smash4 now. Hacks and just.. Brawl being Brawl.

tyyy that's the second time i've had a post color be complimented ;v;

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What now? That's certainly not advice I'd be giving.

@ FullMoon FullMoon Yes, you certainly don't want to overestimate yourself in your freshman year, stick with 15 for at least two. Taking 17-18 credits in your sophomore/junior years is a perfectly fine option, given that you feel that you're capable of it. I managed part-time work, family care, social life, and grades fine in two separate 18 credit semesters. Sleep is for ****ies.

Of course, it's also dependent on what you plan on studying. CS major/Econ minor here talking, I wouldn't know much about other academic concentrations. Best of luck. You claim to be timid now, chances are you'll be having a blast within a few months. The easiest way to make friends is to sit with people in lecture who're in your same recitation, you'll chat them up in no time.
I'm more of don't kill yourself. If I really had to, then I would be a 5th or a 6th year graduate. As of now, as a freshman, don't try to put too much work onto yourself.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'm not sure what color would suit me
Honestly I just pick a color from my current avatar. I prefer lighter and sometimes less saturated colors, so this time I went with a lighter red like this instead of maroon.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Honestly I just pick a color from my current avatar. I prefer lighter and sometimes less saturated colors, so this time I went with a lighter red like this instead of maroon.
interesting way to choose should I say so myself

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Wolf didn't have much to exploit with like Falco and his godplayer Blaster and Dair or Meta Knight in general. If anything, he could end up like Brawl Fox to SSB4 Fox and get tweaked. Wolf's only issue from what I remember was his ledgegrab with Fire Wolf and Wolf Flash. They would not sweetspot well and because Wolf Flash moved at an angle, it was easy to SD on the stage and easy to screw up recovering e.g. landing on the stage instead of grabbing the ledge or going under the stage and falling. There was also chaingrabbing, but that's not an issue anymore while grab resets are a thing, but less evil as chaingrabs. After reading into the wiki, his other issue would be his meteor cancel which was 60 frames while everyone else had 25 or basically half of Wolf's. In other words, meteoring Wolf was basically instant death without any way to stop it while everyone else could attempt to cancel the effect.

His Side Smash might have to change because of how spammable it was and Down Smash would probably get nerfed. The other thing would be animation changes, especially the first frames of his idle stance which apparently is Fox's idle. It's the part where he's standing before dipping to his low, feral stance.

Wolf was pretty much an honest character in Brawl minus the whole Bair thing which isn't that bad compared to Falco flying around while lasers are everywhere, the Ice Climbers' chaingrabs, or Meta Knight's everything. Hell, Wolf's Bair is not even on Diddy's Uair level because it's horizontal and it doesn't kill until the 100%'s unlike Diddy who could juggle you and kill you. Not to mention hitbox shenanigans. If anything, Bair could get a hitbox tweak or made weaker or slower considering that Wolf's moves are fairly fast and his air speed is already awesome.

Wolf's Blaster and Reflector aren't that much of an issue unless Sakurai wanted to make Wolf even more different. Give Wolf a shotgun instead and change his Reflector to something like mines since there are tons of weapons and gadgets in Star Fox: Assault.

Lucas I think suffers from series low priority. It's probably the same reason why Captain Falcon is the only F-Zero rep since 64, the Ice Climbers got axed because of that and hardware issues, Roy, Pichu basically being irrelevant, etc. The does beg the question: Lucas is basically Ness's model tweaked and what about Mewtwo who didn't make it to Brawl?

All Ness would need is a wig and there you go, Lucas. Make the animations fit Lucas and done, Lucas. Hell, in theory, Luigi could be a made with Mario's model, stretched and altered to fit Luigi's proportions, different coloration, an L instead of an M for his hat's logo, and there you go, Luigi.

As for Mewtwo. Mewtwo was the Pokémon that people remembered from Red and Blue, Mewtwo was the Pokémon that everyone knew alongside Pikachu. Why wasn't Mewtwo prioritized? Yes, Lucario was marketed and became popular, but hell, Mewtwo over Pokémon Trainer would have been fine even though Pokémon Trainer symbolized the series' start. Oh well, at least Mewtwo's back... for now.

If the New 3DS was released like 2 years or a year and half ago, it wouldn't be a problem since the 3DS's CPU was holding the Ice Climbers back. By like 2 years, there would be a ton of people with New 3DS's. Still, the fact they managed to put a fighting game like this is still incredible. I only remember Street Fighter 3DS and Dissidia as the other handheld fighting games. Speaking of Dissidia, it's getting an arcade version meaning glorious Cloud in HD. Isn't that what you wanted Final Fantasy VII fans? :p
Agreed, Lucas suffers from that. Nintendo only cares for Earthbound out of the Mother Franchise now because its on VC and making them money, aswell as being the most recognizable. Mother 3, despite being the amazing game it is, basically got screwed over due to a number of reasons and didn't come to the U.S., so even fewer people know about it than Earthbound.

And of course, time constraints sealed the deal for Lucas. He was expendable compared to the rest of the cast (except the likes of Toon Link and ROB honestly), so Sakurai just decided to cut him and leave the one other rep. out. And of course, no one cares. Not even the Mother fanbase cares unless you find truly dedicated Mother 3 fans, i've gone to starmen.net, and literally all of the people there save a few are like "I never cared for Lucas, good riddance." They're all fanboys of Mother 2/Earthbound alone. If Ness had gotten cut instead of L ucas, everyone would've been like "BLASPHEMY" and raged at NIntendo for that, but since it's Lucas no one gives a damn.

Just like always, Mother 3 gets screwed out of any of the recognition it deserves. I thought Sakurai had a softspot for Mother, but apparently this proves he doesn't. If he had, he probably would've gotten him and Wolf instead of playing favorites and adding clones we didn't really care for like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. -__- Ugh, i'm sick of this crap happening to Mother in general. And yet Xenoblade gets it's recognition despite being in the almost exact same situation. I seriously hate Nintendo when it comes to Mother.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So I finally decided to learn how to texture hack.

Dolphin 2015-02-24 00-11-35-80.png

I started out with some basic color replacements (I could probably do better on the shading though)
Its not as hard as I thought it would be. (theres a bunch of great guides out there)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh... If there was someone I would go gay for, it would be Troy Baker. Embarrass

I mean, just listen! He can sing and he can act! Troy Baker just released his album, Sitting in the Fire, in October and this is one of his songs that I just looked up: My Religion.

Oh, and there's Gideon Emery and his jazzy songs: My Funny Valentine.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh... If there was someone I would go gay for, it would be Troy Baker. Embarrass

I mean, just listen! He can sing and he can act! Troy Baker just released his album, Sitting in the Fire, in October and this is one of his songs that I just looked up: My Religion.

Oh, and there's Gideon Emery and his jazzy songs: My Funny Valentine.
Troy Baker in a nutshell. c:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
So I finally decided to learn how to texture hack.

View attachment 40238
I started out with some basic color replacements (I could probably do better on the shading though)
Its not as hard as I thought it would be. (theres a bunch of great guides out there)
That looks cool. Could you link me one of them awesome guides please? Im interesting in machinimating in the future. : 3

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Agreed, Lucas suffers from that. Nintendo only cares for Earthbound out of the Mother Franchise now because its on VC and making them money, aswell as being the most recognizable. Mother 3, despite being the amazing game it is, basically got screwed over due to a number of reasons and didn't come to the U.S., so even fewer people know about it than Earthbound.

And of course, time constraints sealed the deal for Lucas. He was expendable compared to the rest of the cast (except the likes of Toon Link and ROB honestly), so Sakurai just decided to cut him and leave the one other rep. out. And of course, no one cares. Not even the Mother fanbase cares unless you find truly dedicated Mother 3 fans, i've gone to starmen.net, and literally all of the people there save a few are like "I never cared for Lucas, good riddance." They're all fanboys of Mother 2/Earthbound alone. If Ness had gotten cut instead of L ucas, everyone would've been like "BLASPHEMY" and raged at NIntendo for that, but since it's Lucas no one gives a damn.

Just like always, Mother 3 gets screwed out of any of the recognition it deserves. I thought Sakurai had a softspot for Mother, but apparently this proves he doesn't. If he had, he probably would've gotten him and Wolf instead of playing favorites and adding clones we didn't really care for like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. -__- Ugh, i'm sick of this crap happening to Mother in general. And yet Xenoblade gets it's recognition despite being in the almost exact same situation. I seriously hate Nintendo when it comes to Mother.
Wow, that's harsh, on top of all that happens to Lucas in Mother 3, he gets cut, and now Mother fans are bidding him good riddance:crying:... Lucas deserves better. As for Wolf, still baffled, heard rumors that Sakurai and the Namco team really liked him, currently making a huge supporter list (link in my signature) showing how many people want Wolf back. *Drinks glass of milk*
Any one have a good picture of Garo Master from Majora's mask 3D?

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

I sure haven't looked through these comics in forever
Wait. You don't like dudes?

I thought we had something special ;_;

Also, Troy Baker is mad cool, but only like as 1/4 as cool as Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Missed the Pokemon talk....so I'm gonna bring it up again. :p

I started off with the original Red version when I was really young. I got a DS around the time Diamond and Pearl were released. I count those two games as my first "real" Pokemon games since I actually had an idea of what was happening, lol. So I have to say 4th gen is my favorite, due to nostalgia bias. Looking back on it, I really do like Sinnoh. I think the story is really neat, and the world design is nice too, with all the caves and snow areas. 4th gen is also home to Lucario, lol.

I found 6th gen just "ok". I thought the new pokemon were neat, and I really like most of the music. But the story and some characters (mainly the "friends") really turn me off. The story was bland to me until the climax of it. It just...didn't feel like anything significant was happening until the very end. To be fair, I took a long hiatus from the game in the middle of it due to Smash, so that might cloud my opinion on the story a bit. Right now I'm trying to decide if I should either buy X and replay it, get a Poke Bank subscription and transfer my pokemon over THEN start a new game, or just delete everything and start over.

I haven't played enough of gen 2 or 1 to include them, but my list goes like: 4>3>5=6

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So severe depression hit me like a rock last week. I somehow managed to work it out and was beginning to make my way up.
Because there was but one reason to keep it up and try harder: my cat. The only one who really loves me, the only one I really worked for, the one I know will embrace me when getting home after a long day.

And that reason just died today.
I just.... don't know anymore.....

Wanted to vent it, you can ignore this if you want, there is no need for like, anything.
kbai

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
So severe depression hit me like a rock last week. I somehow managed to work it out and was beginning to make my way up.
Because there was but one reason to keep it up and try harder: my cat. The only one who really loves me, the only one I really worked for, the one I know will embrace me when getting home after a long day.

Wanted to vent it, you can ignore this if you want, there is no need for like, anything.
kbai
I'm sorry to hear that, man. I go through that too, and I find that distractions help immensely. Especially if you can find something you're truly passionate about. I hope everything works out for you, feel free to rant it out if you need to.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Here's a picture of me licking a Zelda amiibo.
Now that's ho- w-www- woah.....
*leaves*

kbai
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I had a pet die once while I was hours away from home once. It really hit me hard. I don't think I can imagine how you feel now, though. Just stay strong and know that you can vent here anytime. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom