• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

Dtilt > USmash is a good Uber Ninja combo if your opponent is like at 80% or something.
practicing Greninja combos in training against Diddy

go to start a combo using dtilt

Diddy does his little idle animation hop and goes right over dtilt, making me whiff pointblank

even with nothing controlling him the chimp's an annoying little prick |:
Diddy is love

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Dtilt > USmash is a good Uber Ninja combo if your opponent is like at 80% or something.
Yeah, that's exactly the combo I was testing on him lol

wanted to see what percent I'd have to go for the dtilt at if I was going to (utilt>ff uair xN)>dtilt>usmash but he wouldn't even let me have that

It doesn't work at 3DS kill percents at any rate, the utilt starts to launch too high for ff uair>stuff to work by then.

Soul.

Yeah, that's exactly the combo I was testing on him lol

wanted to see what percent I'd have to go for the dtilt at if I was going to (utilt>ff uair xN)>dtilt>usmash but he wouldn't even let me have that

It doesn't work at 3DS kill percents at any rate, the utilt starts to launch too high for ff uair>stuff to work by then.
If I had a Wii U I would try out the combo. Maybe backwards pivot dtilt > usmash could work at early percents I guess?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
GUYS!
I JUST REALIZED FOR THE 1000TH TIME THAT ZELDA WII U WILL BE RELEASED THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH COMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE OOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAA WWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
GRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I forgot to comment on this, but Gen 5 of Pokémon was well done. It probably had the best story of any of the games. Gen 1's was okay, Gen 2 had good gameplay (probably what Gen 1 should have been) but a meh story. Gen 3's story was insane but fun, Gen 4 was fauxlisophical and Gen 6 was boring. The pacing was interesting for a while though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If I had a Wii U I would try out the combo. Maybe backwards pivot dtilt > usmash could work at early percents I guess?
Uh...I'm not sure what the pivot's going to do for it.

This is what we're looking at, with the plan being to sub the fsmash for dtilt>usmash:

The problem is I think you need to be moving forward before dtilt for dtilt>usmash to work and I'm really bad at fitting that into the combo. Wouldn't be a problem if I could just C-stick a dtilt but that's the joy of 3DS :drsad:

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
i just played three For Glory matches in a row with different people where my opponent self destructed

I guess they just couldn't handle the overwhelming sass and beauty Zelda exudes on the battlefield :')

Soul.

Uh...I'm not sure what the pivot's going to do for it.

This is what we're looking at, with the plan being to sub the fsmash for dtilt>usmash:
Whoops lmao I messed up things.
Pivot dtilt > grab is one thing, that combo is another thing... um, well if characters like Diddy have that animation thing then fsmash could be the better option for them.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
i just played three For Glory matches in a row with different people where my opponent self destructed

I guess they just couldn't handle the overwhelming sass and beauty Zelda exudes on the battlefield :')
All my samus matches on for glory go to time out.

Then they leave :(

Why don't people like playing against stallers.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Do I even... Nah, just read this.
What's discouraged him from being used is the fact that the character sucks.Sorry but no his nair isn't one of the best. Yeah it auto cancels but so does every other nair. Yes it's a combo starter but so is every other nair. It has range but with how slow it is makes it irrelevant. Then there's the fact that it hit behind him first. Which mean most of your approaches with nair are going to be RAR. Then for the auro cancel to even be a factor you're going to have to FF . Which means that hit box you're bragging about isn't as great as you claim. Then you have to factor in his inability to weave in and out of his aerials. When you factor all of those in you start to realize just how poor of a character he is.

Having range is a plus it's shulk's biggest selling point. The problem with his range is his frame data. Which makes his range almost null and void. When other characters have better mobility and can eadily get inside of shulk's zones and dominate him there it's a problem.

No I don't main shulk it didn't take me long to see the character for what he is. But you claim I'm only looking at frame data. Let's look at shulk's mu who does he actually beat? Let's look at results his results have gotten worse since the 3ds/ early wii u days. Is trela still the best shulk? Johnnynumbers dropped and idk if ally still playing him. But Zero said he's going to play him more so there's that.

Anyways getting back to nair. It's uses are more limited than you lead on. You can't edgeguard with the move and it doesn't combo break like other nairs. Which lessen it's versatility IMO. Even though i say combo break I mean those tight situations where it's not a true combo but you only have a couple of frames to do something. Yeah you can mash counter but that doesn't always work.

If you're going to talk Rosalina's frame data then please include luma. Luma's nair is 3 frames and so is her bair. Rosalina's nair is 9 frames and her bair is 9 frames as well yes they're on the side but still effective. So if you want to compare frame data that's fine with me.

I'm not proficient with a lot of characters but I still attempt to learn their options and try to figure them out. Since I haven't been able to go to tournaments and get involved with the scene more.
Related to this, where do you find Luma's frame data? I swear if it's in the pastebin listed as "Chiko"...

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Luma is rosetta_tico in MasterCore.

Add 1 frame to all of Luma's timers; Luma has a 1 frame response time, since it reacts to Rosalina performing the actions.

EDIT: Here's a list of what the subactions are:

Lavani said:
rosetta_tico
008 - Jab1
009 - Jab2
010 - Jab3
00B - RapidJabLoop
00C - RapidJabEnd
00D - DashAttack
00E - Nair
00F - Fair
010 - Bair
011 - Uair
012 - Dair
013 - Ftilt
014 - Utilt
015 - Dtilt
016 - Fsmash-Up
017 - Fsmash
018 - Fsmash-Down
01A - Usmash
01C - Dsmash
05A - Luma Shot (neutralB 1)
05B - Intangibility gained with fully charged (Power) Luma Shot
05C - Power Luma Shot (neutralB 3)
05F - Luma Warp (neutralB 2)
062 - Star Bits (sideB 1)
074 - Guardian Luma (downB 3)

rosetta_starpiece
001 - Floaty Star Bit (sideB 2)
002 - Shooting Star Bit (sideB 3)
The pastebin has some of the aerials switched around, just an fyi if you were going to look at that.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ugh... I do not want to read through that and figure out everything for Luma. We really need a Luma icon.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Luma is rosetta_tico in MasterCore.

Add 1 frame to all of Luma's timers; Luma has a 1 frame response time, since it reacts to Rosalina performing the actions.

EDIT: Here's a list of what the subactions are:

The pastebin has some of the aerials switched around, just an fyi if you were going to look at that.
Can I have a link to Rosalina and Luma's frame data?

Also, does Luma's bair really start on frame 2? I just saw a thing that said it does. (I know Luma's nair is like frame 2 or 3, too).

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm proud of you, sis! Nobody plays Samus :(
I almost mained Samus but I ended up just using her as a secondary. She's really fun and her bair is life.

Also, I think your optimism has gotten to me because I now believe that default Palutena is mid-tier.
Do you think Zelda is high yet? DO YA?!!

Also, I haven't seen one samus rep in a tourney, but Sakurai says "Samus is the best character". Sakurai said it so she must be oh so OP. Just like ganon in brawl.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Do you think Zelda is high yet? DO YA?!!

Also, I haven't seen one samus rep in a tourney, but Sakurai says "Samus is the best character". Sakurai said it so she must be oh so OP. Just like ganon in brawl.
I've contemplated my life a lot and I will say that I can see Zelda being around mid-tier. I don't think she'll ever reach high tier, but I think mid is in the realm of possibility.

With the whole Samus thing, didn't Sakurai say that near E3? If so, we know the game changed a ton from E3 to release, so Samus was probably very good at the time but then they decided she was too good and nerfed her a bunch. Sadly, I don't think Samus will ever make it out of bottom tier :(

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Can I have a link to Rosalina and Luma's frame data?

Also, does Luma's bair really start on frame 2? I just saw a thing that said it does. (I know Luma's nair is like frame 2 or 3, too).
I think Amazing Ampharos' table is the most readable RosaLuma frame data source, since he has the start frames side-by-side (Rosalina on line 7, Luma on line 8): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mxwukoqnQf8bjEHtZL4lcEPG77QmgnD3ZI_LKcLIvyA/edit#gid=0

Luma's aerials are jumbled around though, it's 3/11/10/3/8 for nair/fair/bair/uair/dair.

Like I was saying elsewhere I might make a RosaLuma frame data thread since the current ones are...iffy. But I want to find Luma's FAFs too and I don't have a good way to do that.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
We had a sub bus driver today. She ignored everything we said and tried to drive through a mall parking lot because she thought there was stop there. On the bright side a friend showed me this, which is apparently a legitimate legal form.

So tempted to post this in the Tuna boards. Some guys just want to really stink up the afterparty, my god.

EDIT: I just realized the photoshop opportunities with this are so real.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think Amazing Ampharos' table is the most readable RosaLuma frame data source, since he has the start frames side-by-side (Rosalina on line 7, Luma on line 8): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mxwukoqnQf8bjEHtZL4lcEPG77QmgnD3ZI_LKcLIvyA/edit#gid=0

Luma's aerials are jumbled around though, it's 3/11/10/3/8 for nair/fair/bair/uair/dair.

Like I was saying elsewhere I might make a RosaLuma frame data thread since the current ones are...iffy. But I want to find Luma's FAFs too and I don't have a good way to do that.
There's also this which was buried in the 2nd page of the Rosalina boards. Really? Important information like this should not be buried: http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalina-and-lumas-frame-data.383688/.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
We had a sub bus driver today. She ignored everything we said and tried to drive through amall parking lot because she thought there was stop there. On the bright side a friend showed me this, which is apparently a legitimate legal form.

So tempted to post this in the Tuna boards. Some guys just want to really stink up the afterparty, my god.
"Edition of April 1989 is obselete"
"obselete"

There's also this which was buried in the 2nd page of the Rosalina boards. Really? Important information like this should not be buried: http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalina-and-lumas-frame-data.383688/.
I really dislike the formatting of that thread, and it has the same mixups on Luma's aerials. Indigo Jeans was aware of it before he made his frame data directory, I'm pretty sure he left it out intentionally.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I don't care about Luma cuz that thing is always dead when i fight its mama.

#MKrevengereturiningtodominatemeta
#Mymainisbetterdanyourslolswegcallingyououtffamranfalcoisdoodoobutyouwon'tbeabletoreadthisgarbagesololol

Criminal Smooth

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

ty, sis. u r very kind
-Wow, Luma has some great frame data (or it looks that way to me; i don't know much about reading it). Frame 3 utilt is love.
-lol Rosalina's pivot grab is still faster than Zelda's standing grab
-Peach's frame data is better than I thought it'd be, too. Frame 6 dsmash is cool, despite it being average-ish when looking at the other characters'.
-lol frame 21 dash attack for Link
-lol Diddy's uair is frame 3
-lol Dedede's frame 42 fsmash

Also, FAF is essentially the same thing as IASA, right? I can never remember what FAF means. Is is first active frame or something?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
FAF and IASA are the same thing, yes. FAF stands for First Actionable Frame.

And yes, Luma's utilt is gdlk. Rosa's frame data in general is "padded" quite a bit by Luma, she's a pretty slow character with butts for kill power without him.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I've contemplated my life a lot and I will say that I can see Zelda being around mid-tier. I don't think she'll ever reach high tier, but I think mid is in the realm of possibility.

With the whole Samus thing, didn't Sakurai say that near E3? If so, we know the game changed a ton from E3 to release, so Samus was probably very good at the time but then they decided she was too good and nerfed her a bunch. Sadly, I don't think Samus will ever make it out of bottom tier :(
Another Zelda optimistist wow
No I was at E3. She is exactly the same
No changes at all. Even with all the Zelda complaints about how bad she was at E3, they stilled kept her the same. The only post-E3 changes are to Kirby and ZSS.
Even so i'm sure she's bottom or mid. Samus has too many problems and atm since its 2stock, getting the kill is important and Samus can't really do that.

This is one of the reason's why I think Zelda is mid. The 2stock mechanic make getting the first kill. With the elevator killing hilariously early, this makes her benefit a lot from the mechanic.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I trolled a friend by posing as her and wrote this as her Facebook status. Then I thought I could probably photoshop Zelda on, as based on how we depict her, it's clear that she would say something like this. :^)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Another Zelda optimistist wow
No I was at E3. She is exactly the same
No changes at all. Even with all the Zelda complaints about how bad she was at E3, they stilled kept her the same. The only post-E3 changes are to Kirby and ZSS.
Even so i'm sure she's bottom or mid. Samus has too many problems and atm since its 2stock, getting the kill is important and Samus can't really do that.

This is one of the reason's why I think Zelda is mid. The 2stock mechanic make getting the first kill. With the elevator killing hilariously early, this makes her benefit a lot from the mechanic.
I'm pretty sure that they changed Rosalina from E3 to release. She was apparently just under Mario's weight but then they changed it so she's the 3rd lightest. Ike got his fire changed from red to blue during the period between E3 and release.

Also, can you play right now? I've wanted to play you for a while and never got around to it. My NNID is NAshey88, if you can.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
That's good! Great to see people still wanting to represent Zelda. She really needs it. ._. And nice! I enjoy Melee too, recently went to a tourney for that game, did okay in it. Haha. :p
Someone has to lol ;)

Let me guess who you used in the Melee tournament...

Fox :p

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm pretty sure that they changed Rosalina from E3 to release. She was apparently just under Mario's weight but then they changed it so she's the 3rd lightest. Ike got his fire changed from red to blue during the period between E3 and release.

Also, can you play right now? I've wanted to play you for a while and never got around to it. My NNID is NAshey88, if you can.
Uhh, I'll try tomorrow

Edit: sorry something came up but im sure tomorrow I can. I have to tutor my neighbors kid, apparently my parents plan stuff without asking me... @ Lorde Lorde

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Uhh, I'll try tomorrow
Added you and the room is open.

I'll probably turn on customs at some point because I have a bunch of custom sets (without equipment, of course) that I never use, if that's okay with you.

Also, I can only play until 8 EST because I have homework to finish :(

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
The room is open.

I'll probably turn on customs at some point because I have a bunch of custom sets (without equipment, of course) that I never use, if that's okay with you.

Also, I can only play until 8 EST because I have homework to finish :(
Sorry, but tmr at 3:20 EST I'm 100% I can play. I explained why in my last edit

Top Bottom