• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm just horribly apathetic to Fairy typing and besides Mega Evos it was Gen 6's big draw as it really only introduced like half a gen's worth of new Pokemon (admittedly Zygarde is really really cool) and it just didn't look that interesting. I don't know why or what Fairy type was supposed to do so I'm just left like, with nothing on it besides uh gg Dragons even though it didn't really mitigate that too much....

Soul.

BL is the dreaded tier where most of the residents there are too strong for UU but too weak for OU usage.

Then you can be like someone who has been in that tier for 3 STRAIGHT GENERATIONS.

I'm not sure of that's worse than Zelda's position. :^)
BL is better than Hyrule tier.
I'm disappointed in all of you for not mentioning this masterpiece from Black and White:

I'm also very partial to this song:
Floaroma's music is just sooo good.
Bruh that is also good.
Nothing beats my jam tho:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
... I see Pokemon discussion in a Zelda character discussion.. wat :confused:

I for one like our new Fairy overlords :troll: (I have a Fairy team for a gym on a group that's on FB)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm disappointed in all of you for not mentioning this masterpiece from Black and White:
Oh my god that song. Bianca is my favorite rival and god did I connect with her. Seeing her so happy with her job in B/W2 made me so glad.

I'm just horribly apathetic to Fairy typing and besides Mega Evos it was Gen 6's big draw as it really only introduced like half a gen's worth of new Pokemon (admittedly Zygarde is really really cool) and it just didn't look that interesting. I don't know why or what Fairy type was supposed to do so I'm just left like, with nothing on it besides uh gg Dragons even though it didn't really mitigate that too much....
The Fairy type is kind of a mix of cutesy Pokémon, but with some of those that look cute but are also tricksters such as Whimsicott and Mawile; as well as Pokémon based on myths/folklore such as Sylveon, Florges, Mawile, Whimsicott, Klefki, Xerneas and Mega Altaria.

Last edited:

Soul.

Gen 4 in general had good music and that's a fact. Gen 5 may be better music-wise but Route 225 <3
Gen 5 was just Weather Fiesta.

Fairy-type is a better Psychic-type.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I can't remember the name of the town from gen 6, but it was the snowy one and it had fantastic music. I'll have to find it now.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm not gonna be around for a week, girls. Maybe a little more. I must traverse the fires of someplace to quest for my destiny or whatever which means I have too much work to do and a packed deadline.

See you soon! @KuroganeHammer Hope you're alright and you can come back safely!

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I can't remember the name of the town from gen 6, but it was the snowy one and it had fantastic music. I'll have to find it now.
It's either Snowbelle or Dendemille since those are the only two where I remember snow, though the latter is more like connected to a snowy area.

Latte

Smash Ace
It was about time I got my own thread title tbh

I recently bought some needle felting stuff.
Staying true to my nature, my first creation is, of course, a cup of coffee. I'm not finished quite yet; I have to get the ugly fuzzies off.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I dunno, I think I had more fun with X/Y than with any other game in the series. It's the only one that made me play for days non-stop at least.

Soul.

Customization was a given and one of the main reasons why I was hype for X/Y.
Then came the weather nerfs. Then came Aegislash, Greninja, Mega Kangaskhan, etc.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
X/Y's maingame was extremely bleh, and Battle Maison was the only remotely interesting thing about postgame...and the novelty of that wore off fast.

Best thing about the game was character customization; being able to change aspects like hairstyle/color and clothing is something the series has been lacking for a long time.

Megas were w/e, I'm cool with fairies but they're pretty w/e too.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Customization was a given and one of the main reasons why I was hype for X/Y.
Then came the weather nerfs. Then came Aegislash, Greninja, Mega Kangaskhan, etc.
you mean "then came megas for pokemon that didn't matter"
tumblr_msa8ccgPSz1rgl1nmo1_500.png

Soul.

X/Y's metagame in a nutshell: Get a Mega first.
It's so stale. Every time you make a team you need to make sure it has a Mega Evolution; you're screwed otherwise. At least Gen 5 was entertaining with weather wars.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Thoughts on mega evolutions pre-release:
This screams power creep...but I'm looking forward to Mawile Gardevoir and Ampharos potentially gaining viability!

Thoughts on mega evolutions post-release:
holy **** the power creep is real

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Megas do make the meta stale but it's kinda hard to hate them when they make Pokémon such as Mawile, Gallade/Gardevoir, Ampharos, Beedrill and Altaria so much more useful.

Soul.

Altaria is good in OU yet it sucks in VGC.
lol, there goes the variety in Pokémon.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Personally, I haven't been as much into Pokemon since Gen 4. It really started going downhill after that. The regions have started becoming more generic and boring, the game's difficulty has become kiddie-level, and the stories are HORRIBLE. I'd say Gen 4 was my least favorite, but that's because I've only played it once. If I actually went through Gen 4 some more, I'm sure Gen 5 would become the most bland.

Gen 2 and 3 are the best with Gen 1 being amazing, too. Opinion, of course.

Last edited:

Soul.

Nah Gen 4 isn't kiddy. Gen 5-6 are. I know it's an opinion.
They aren't kiddy competitively speaking. Gen 4 actually had variety. No team preview, leads were a thing, Eviolite didn't exist, Politoed/Ninetales didn't have Drizzle/Drought respectively, Keldeo didn't exist, Blissey wasn't outclassed by Chansey (Eviolite made it happen), lol Electivire hype, and PokéGen.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I don't think there's any region that's as bland as Kanto.
That is true, but you do have to keep in mind that it was the first and all that.

The Sevii Islands were very refreshing to the region in FRLG, though.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Personally, I haven't been as much into Pokemon since Gen 4. It really started going downhill after that. The regions have started becoming more generic and boring, the game's difficulty has become kiddie-level, and the stories are HORRIBLE. I'd say Gen 4 was my least favorite, but that's because I've only played it once. If I actually went through Gen 4 some more, I'm sure Gen 5 would become the most bland.

Gen 2 and 3 are the best with Gen 1 being amazing, too. Opinion, of course.
you should see the hand holding in gen 6. the game may as well at one point say "check this out, It's a mothah ****ing fairy type bro. so hype man and so new it's fairy nice"
no literally the game tells you certain pokemon are fairy type one badge into the game like it's a knowledge bomb
I don't think there's any region that's as bland as Kalos.
you're right

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I don't really see what's the problem with Kalos as a region. I really enjoyed going through it while I can't stand Kanto because there's so little variety in it.

Favorite region is still Sinnoh though, I love all the lore there.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I don't think there's any region that's as bland as Kanto.
It's the first gen though , I think it has a pass for being a Game Boy game
FRLG added a fresh touch to Gen 1 though
Thats why I rank Gen 3 and 4 so high, cause remakes:4pacman:

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't really see what's the problem with Kalos as a region. I really enjoyed going through it while I can't stand Kanto because there's so little variety in it.

Favorite region is still Sinnoh though, I love all the lore there.
The problem with Kalos is that it's so bland, generic and dull. Rivals are pretty much trash, especially Serena and Shauna; Gym Leader types are generic too (ofc a Fairy Gym Leader would be in), no post-game at all, French names for cities and routes are generic too, Team Flare is a boring team and Mega Evolutions, while helpful, scream Power Creep™ even more than in Gen 5 with its weather stuff.

Sinnoh is love though

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
The problem with Kalos is that it's so bland, generic and dull. Rivals are pretty much trash, especially Serena and Shauna; Gym Leader types are generic too (ofc a Fairy Gym Leader would be in), no post-game at all, French names for cities and routes are generic too, Team Flare is a boring team and Mega Evolutions, while helpful, scream Power Creep™ even more than in Gen 5 with its weather stuff.

Sinnoh is love though
"Bug Badge" "Fairy Badge" "Psychic Badge"
much creativity, such kalos :4pacman:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Sinnoh is love though
I can agree with most of those, the rivals were pretty bad, the gym leaders outside of Korrina were also really underdeveloped compared to B/W (I love Korrina though, especially in the anime). Team Flare was whatever, though I did like Lysandre a fair bit, I love Megas though.

But I liked all the scenaries in Kalos and the region itself didn't feel dull to me, as confusing as it was to navigate around it, I really like Lumiose as well. The Badlands can go die in a fire though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh right I forgot to reply to things

Eeeeh. I'm not really feeling it with customs-tena. It's not that she's not good. She's just not my thing :|
This is kind of how I felt about her too. Like, there are a lot of things about her kit that are amazing, but everything that isn't amazing is garbage. She feels linear in a way to me, due to lack of option variety. That probably sounds kind of weird/johnny but I feel like she always wants dthrow>uair for kills outside of going for a hard read with a smash, is nearly always going to prefer jab over her other grounded options...it's not a good thing when I think "that's bull****" when typing my own arguments considering Rosalina is a lot of jab/nair/uthings when I play her too, but that's how I feel I guess idk

Custom Palutena is extremely overrated. Like, I know she gets better but the hype isn't needed.
People tend to forget that custom moves only replace four parts of a moveset at most

Granted, Lightweight drastically lowering her kill percents off a dthrow while also basically being Monado Jump+Speed without the damage drop and Super Speed giving her an approach option that cancels into any running option including (pivot) grab off an active hitbox do a lot for the character, but they don't fix problems like her tilts being trash. Those two moves do a fair bit in the way of letting her be more aggressive and kill more efficiently, though.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I really liked Gen VI, even though the story was written by a 10 year old. maybe its because i've been playing pokemon so long so it was just so many new features...it brought pokemon back to life for me. in the end the game just left me wanting more to do but that was all.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I think every Pokemon game had something that made it great, but not enough to place it over other gens
Still Gen 1 is meh
Like Gen V's story
Too bad GF seems to have selective amnesia
Pokemon following us again when :4pacman:

Last edited:
Top Bottom