• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
@GingerGaymer

First match, I felt you were jumping right into Little Mac when you were recovering WAY too much & relied on Nayru's & FSmash too much (though there were some uses of the former that worked beautifully like 1:54). I also felt you should try to read the counters more because he did them a good few times in that match but you either triggered it or let him go unpunished. I loved the usage of Ftilt though.

Second match, there isn't much to say, you pressured Little Mac into a corner which was awesome & used the transformations quite well. Just always be cautious of what your opponent will do because there were two times where he shouldn't have hit you at all (7:08 & 8:44 with the latter would probably never work to begin with because of how overly defensive he was playing at that transformation).

Overall, good **** sis!

OMQ long time no see gurl how are ya sis?

Also I saw someone said Smash Drama? WHAT WHERE WHEN WHO WHY
Hey man! For sure been awhile. xD Been doing pretty good, busy here and there. But managing. :p How about you? :o

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I should honestly do the same thing. Pika MU thread is disorganized as all Primal Groudon and Kyogre sets, courtesy of Smogon's Ban Happy Fiesta™. But again, the MU thread we have is stickied and uhh, yeah. xD
Obligatory mention of Aegislash :troll:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Lmao had me dyin' at the triple post.

Also, Nairu should (If possible) just name search "Nair0" and "Nairu" at least if he feels the need to find all Zelda board content pertaining to him. :secretkpop:

Soul.

It was my doubles tank ;;
I should really start playing Pokemon again
Speaking of doubles, that thing is really good in Doubles. Shadow Ball / Flash Cannon / King's Shield / Wide Gaurd is its best set on VGC.
Too bad Wide Guard is ORAS only. That sucks.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Doubles Mega Salamence with pre-mega Intimidate, immunity to Earthquake, and Aerilate Hyper Voice though.

... Oh wait, it's banned. :^)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Speaking of doubles, that thing is really good in Doubles. Shadow Ball / Flash Cannon / King's Shield / Wide Gaurd is its best set on VGC.
Too bad Wide Guard is ORAS only. That sucks.
I had Shadow Sneak over Shadow Ball in my set :b
I din't like how the Hoenn remakes looked otherwise I would've gotten back into Pokemon
Maybe Gen 7 :213:

Soul.

As long as Kyurem-B, Mamoswine, and Mega Gallade are in OU, I'll run a team around it.

Kyurem-B is the boss hoss for real.
This is the truth. Don't forget my bruh Rotom-W.
I had Shadow Sneak over Shadow Ball in my set :b
I din't like how the Hoenn remakes looked otherwise I would've gotten back into Pokemon
Maybe Gen 7 :213:
I don't like them either. Only reason worth getting is because move tutors and stuff.
D/P/Pt remakes is where the greatest will come.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Honestly I'm just excited for the Gen 5 remake even though I'll likely be an old man when that happens.

Anything for Mega Eelektross, pls. Given that it's my favorite Poke in existence I'd like to see it be VIABLE and have that no weakness niche. Just buff the base SPD and maybe the atk stats and he'd be a mixed sweeper of unparalleled power with the movepool and diversity he has. If only ;_;

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Gen 3 is my favorite, but ORAS ruined Hoenn. Everything about the game completely destroyed it, from the character designs to the lighting of the region. It sucks SO BAD.

ORAS RUINED HOENN

emerald4lyfe

Soul.

X/Y is boring in general. D/P is where it's at. Screw the rest.
*cough* Serena cutting her hair because lolsadnessoveracontest in the anime *cough*

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
As long as Kyurem-B, Mamoswine, and Mega Gallade are in OU, I'll run a team around it.

Kyurem-B is the boss hoss for real.
Gotta start using dat Kyurem-B more often on Showdown then, he's actually on the verge of dropping out of OU, surprisingly. D:

I haven't finished ORAS yet, but I'm liking it a lot. Emerald still gives me nostalgia.

Basically ORAS for me is "You get a Knock Off, you get a Knock Off, EVERYONE GETS A KNOCK OFF!!"

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Gen 3 is my favorite, but ORAS ruined Hoenn. Everything about the game completely destroyed it, from the character designs to the lighting of the region. It sucks SO BAD.

ORAS RUINED HOENN

emerald4lyfe
it's not as pretty as the original Hoenn? that sucks hard

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Anything Gen 3 related is pretty bad IMO. Sorry about the shots but the needless 50 thousand HMs for **** like Dive (ROFL) and other crap. The designs were pretty cardboard and ORAS improved that but IDK if they did it enough for me to care.

The best things ORAS did was make Gallade into the true man he deserved to be, along with Beedrill. Gen 3 in general though is just...meh, for me anyways.

I can replay Gen 5 anyday though, the music, the everything. Best gen period.

Also Kyurem-B is on the verge of dropping as far as usage rates go ye, BUT he will always be OU viable which is all I need to run him. Terrakion is also ballin.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
One thing that killed ORAS for me is the whole newfangled 3D models
I would replay Gen 5 but all my precious pokes are sitting in the PC
Plus with Showdown around I honestly don't need to buy Pokemon games
Mega Zoroark when

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
X/Y is boring in general. D/P is where it's at. Screw the rest.
*cough* Serena cutting her hair because lolsadnessoveracontest in the anime *cough*
And spoilers. I haven't gotten to that part yet because I'm watching X/Y with my sister and there aren't Portuguese subs of those episodes yet.

I'm not safe from spoilers wherever I go am I? =V

And I actually prefer ORAS's Hoenn to the original, and Gen 3 was the first gen I played even. I still have go further than Mauville though, been rather lazy on that end.

My favorite Gen is either IV or VI though, but V has my favorite soundtrack.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
And spoilers. I haven't gotten to that part yet because I'm watching X/Y with my sister and there aren't Portuguese subs of those episodes yet.

And I actually prefer ORAS's Hoenn to the original, and Gen 3 was the first gen I played even. I still have go further than Mauville though, been rather lazy on that end.

My favorite Gen is either IV or VI though, though V has my favorite soundtrack.
Do the trumpets not entertain you?
Gen 5 does have an awesome soundtrack, but everything else is meh compared to Gen 4
Welcome to the internet :163:

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Anything Gen 3 related is pretty bad IMO. Sorry about the shots but the needless 50 thousand HMs for **** like Dive (ROFL) and other crap. The designs were pretty cardboard and ORAS improved that but IDK if they did it enough for me to care.

The best things ORAS did was make Gallade into the true man he deserved to be, along with Beedrill. Gen 3 in general though is just...meh, for me anyways.

Also Kyurem-B is on the verge of dropping as far as usage rates go ye, BUT he will always be OU viable which is all I need to run him. Terrakion is also ballin.
someone who likes gen 5 (noted)

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
A lot of it has to do with HM reliance, and it's really not incredibly exciting. I'm trying to think of Gen 3 Pokemon I actually care about and I always draw a blank outside of a few (Rayquaza, etc.). It just...didn't feel as interesting to me.

Gen 5 mixed things up a lot (I thought it was relatively popular? I have no clue) which is why I like it. It changed a lot of really small conventions and its interface (particularly in B2/W2 with how repels worked, as my favorite example) was just greatly improved, along with performance and game speed improvements.

Oh and Kyurem-B, of course.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Gen 3/ORAS is definitely my favourite, even with the trumpets and drums gone.

Awesome music and overall more enjoyable than X/Y. Imo.

Soul.

My favorite Gen is either IV or VI though, but V has my favorite soundtrack.
My friend the Interwebs are full of Spoiler-Webs. I myself don't care about spoilers. But I apologize.
Gen 5 tho has this beauty:
And this:

what the...how.
I don't get this. Why are they dropping? They don't fit in UU.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
someone who likes gen 5 (noted)
You bring the stakes and I'll get the torches:4pacman:
A lot of it has to do with HM reliance, and it's really not incredibly exciting. I'm trying to think of Gen 3 Pokemon I actually care about and I always draw a blank outside of a few (Rayquaza, etc.). It just...didn't feel as interesting to me.

Gen 5 mixed things up a lot (I thought it was relatively popular? I have no clue) which is why I like it. It changed a lot of really small conventions and its interface (particularly in B2/W2 with how repels worked, as my favorite example) was just greatly improved, along with performance and game speed improvements.

Oh and Kyurem-B, of course.
I never did play BW2, but the small changes were great, however besides that I felt the B/W wasn't that great.
I barely touched it after I beat it, unlike the other games, in which continuously went back
Idk maybe it's just me
Also, I see you've accepted :4kirby: into your heart :4pacman:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Gen 5 does have an awesome soundtrack, but everything else is meh compared to Gen 4
I never understood what's the big deal with trumpets in Gen III. I kept hearing about it and I just didn't get what people were so hyper about.

And what's the problem with models? I think they look a lot better than sprites.

As far as I'm concerned, I love Gen IV because of the Pokémon introduced in it, I love Gen V because of the soundtrack, plot and characters; and I love Gen VI because of everything else such as Amie, visuals, Mega Evos and making grinding less of a pain.

I don't have as much love for generations before IV =V

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Kyurem-B is dropping (Terrakion already dropped). Thing is they class the tiers and where they belong based on USAGE RATES (basically frequency of use in the metagame) to determine whether they belong in that tier proper or not. Keep in mind this has NOTHING to do with viability (some pokemon like Quagsire are OU viable but tiered differently anyways), it's just a matter of usage rates and where they fit in based on the current metagame.

It's confusing I know, but viability and tiering are two different concepts. Believe me when I heard Terrakion in UU I stuttered too but then I realized he was still OU viable so...

Soul.

That sounds dumb and stupid at the same time, even though they mean the same thing.
If they drop they'll go BL, then people use them and come back to OU.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My favorite gen is IV, followed by II.

I've played HeartGold more times than I'd like to admit. It's probably the best Pokemon game made so far, but I adore the region (and Pokemon) of Sinnoh so IV is my favorite gen.

Also Sinnoh has the best soundtrack.
This is probably my favorite song in all of Pokemon.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I never understood what's the big deal with trumpets in Gen III. I kept hearing about it and I just didn't get what people were so hyper about.

And what's the problem with models? I think they look a lot better than sprites.

As far as I'm concerned, I love Gen IV because of the Pokémon introduced in it, I love Gen V because of the soundtrack, plot and characters; and I love Gen VI because of everything else such as Amie, visuals, Mega Evos and making grinding less of a pain.

I don't have as much love for generations before IV =V
Ah I was just joking about the trumpets
Idk I guess the overworld sprites was apart of the charm, I'm fine with models for Pokemon battles though
Gen IV was great, and Gen V introduced great pokemon (Zoroark, Serperior) But 2=3>4>1>5>6

Soul.

My favorite gen is IV, followed by II.

I've played HeartGold more times than I'd like to admit. It's probably the best Pokemon game made so far, but I adore the region of Sinnoh so IV is my favorite gen.

Also Sinnoh has the best soundtrack.
This is probably my favorite song in all of Pokemon.
Congratulations, you got a like. Lake theme is so nostalgic omg... It makes me remember the good times I had with Platinum in 2010.
Nothing beats this though:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
My ranking is probably 6 > 4 > 5 > 3 > 2 > 1

And I'll admit I don't remember the overworld songs most of the time. I mean, I recognize them instantly once I hear them but they never come into mind when I think of Pokémon themes. The ones I remember the most often are the battle themes.

Gen V has my favorite battle theme in the whole series though.

The runner-up would be the Gen IV Frontier Brain battle theme.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
As far as gens go from me, I haven't touched 6 (Fairy types rofl, gag) but I'll order based on what I've played.

5>2>1>4=3.

I find it way too hard to go back to Gen 4 too, it just feels so choppy. Slowwwwwwww even with Platinum speeding things up slightly. Gen 1 is interesting and gets kudos for being the first and having a good chunk of pokes I like a lot, Gen 2 gets cred for being just a massive step up in general, but I found 3 and 4 to be on the weaker end of my experiences. 4 DID have some great Pokemon, I'll give it that much. Mamoswine <3 Magnezone <3.

Also disappointingly nobody posted one of the best parts of Gen 5 in this thread, for shame!

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
BL is the dreaded tier where most of the residents there are too strong for UU but too weak for OU usage.

Then you can be like someone who has been in that tier for 3 STRAIGHT GENERATIONS.

I'm not sure of that's worse than Zelda's position. :^)

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
The good news is Terrakion is still considered greatly viable in the OU metagame (thank god), his usage rate just dropped LITERALLY slightly below the threshold for being considered OU in terms of usage.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
As far as gens go from me, I haven't touched 6 (Fairy types rofl, gag) but I'll order based on what I've played.
I remember when everybody was crying over Fairy types and I just shrugged the whole thing off because I really don't see a problem with it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm disappointed in all of you for not mentioning this masterpiece from Black and White:

Congratulations, you got a like. Lake theme is so nostalgic omg... It makes me remember the good times I had with Platinum in 2010.
Nothing beats this though:
I'm also very partial to this song:
Floaroma's music is just sooo good.

Top Bottom