• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
Someone has to lol ;)

Let me guess who you used in the Melee tournament...

Fox :p
That is true, never leave anyone behind! And my gosh, you are so right! How did you know? O_O
Down below, you'll find the gameplay of my amazing Fox from the tournament!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The irony is Shulk's nair doesn't even sh autocancel, it just has low landing lag.

Don't most/all of Pit's aerials autocancel from a shorthop? (EDIT: All of them do, uair is really precise about it though)

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Dang, did I miss the Pokemon discussion? That's literally the only thing I ever played when I was young. Then the formula sort of fell out with me :/

Gen rankings: 4>2 (based on remakes)>5=6>1 (based on remakes)>3 (based on my dysfunctional Chinese copy of Pokemon Emerald)

Also I'm saddened by the lack of Gen 6 music.
are my favorite themes from Gen 6

Unfortunately I actually played with sound off 90% of the time because I was paranoid about battery life :< And I don't want to restart to hear story themes because of event Pokemon

I really got into Pokemon around the time of Gen 4 - I actually have every Pokemon game from that time period except for SoulSilver. I didn't really like the break in formula in Gen 5 because I was a ten year old but I played it through anyway. The reason I put Gen 5 over Gen 1 is because it has Reuniclus, literally my favorite Pokemon ever

Never finished Y because Smash came out right after I got it and I never got around to playing it afterwards

Pokemon spinoffs > main series imo though

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
That is true, never leave anyone behind! And my gosh, you are so right! How did you know? O_O
Down below, you'll find the gameplay of my amazing Fox from the tournament!

That is one lovely Fox :') Shame you got D'd though LOL

Also best tag! How is Tof & the others lately?

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
That is one lovely Fox :') Shame you got D'd though LOL

Also best tag! How is Tof & the others lately?
I'm like the best Fox in Alberta man. And yeah, Ganon is too powerful dude.

And thanks! I think they've all been doing pretty good, although I really only have contact with Tof. Haha. Sort of lost contact with everyone else. D: Everyone went their own way basically, it's a shame it happened. :/

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Spirst Spirst , have you seen this? It's the cancelled Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun game. There's 32:00 minutes of footage with voice acting, music, and pretty much everything. Why? WHY?! Why was this game cancelled. It's so cool and I know from what people have said that the voice acting, script writing, and world creation that the LoK games were amazing. NSFW because boobies and lots of blood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBN8N2NXfi4.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have returned from my first day of college which was... Ok I guess.

I'm also surrounded by people that are all older than me, whoooo~

Soul.

lol I got a x/31/31/31/31/31 Naive Protean Froakie.
52 Atk Greninja with Low Kick and Gunk Shot destroys Mega Kangaskhan and Sylveon respectively.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm like the best Fox in Alberta man. And yeah, Ganon is too powerful dude.

And thanks! I think they've all been doing pretty good, although I really only have contact with Tof. Haha. Sort of lost contact with everyone else. D: Everyone went their own way basically, it's a shame it happened. :/
That's a damn shame ;_; Tell Toff I said hi & ****! :p

Done with tutoring, now I'm at chipotle and Starbucks.

Coffee at 8:00 at night. I'm a rebel.
You are so hardcore, I near cut myself from the edginess of your being (like that song)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have returned from my first day of college which was... Ok I guess.

I'm also surrounded by people that are all older than me, whoooo~
Get used to it. I think I'm the only freshman in my Latin American history class and it's not uncommon to see senior citizens take courses. I remember one or two in my African folklore class last semester and this semester, there is a an older gentleman in my calculus lecture. I also think there's a married woman taking calculus as an undergraduate or a graduate furthering whatever she's doing. There's also an Air Force - I might have heard wrong - veteran majoring in CS.

College is nothing like school since you can just screw around which is a horrible idea because college costs a butt ton of money. Anyway, people there are generally more mature and chill. Also, don't, just don't take 15 or more credits even if you don't have a job. I'm taking 15 credits this semester and it's a pain. Last semester was 13, 1 more credit than the minimum of 12 at my uni.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Get used to it. I think I'm the only freshman in my Latin American history class and it's not uncommon to see senior citizens take courses. I remember one or two in my African folklore class last semester and this semester, there is a an older gentleman in my calculus lecture. I also think there's a married woman taking calculus as an undergraduate or a graduate furthering whatever she's doing. There's also an Air Force - I might have heard wrong - veteran majoring in CS.

College is nothing like school since you can just screw around which is a horrible idea because college costs a butt ton of money. Anyway, people there are generally more mature and chill. Also, don't, just don't take 15 or more credits even if you don't have a job. I'm taking 15 credits this semester and it's a pain. Last semester was 13, 1 more credit than the minimum of 12 at my uni.
Knowing myself I'm probably going to be alone for one entire year before I start making friends. At least it's only 3 hours a day, or 4 in some cases. I'm a very timid person.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Knowing myself I'm probably going to be alone for one entire year before I start making friends. At least it's only 3 hours a day, or 4 in some cases. I'm a very timid person.
Dun worry gorl, we're rooting for yew in spirit, and if all else fails may the sass be with yew.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
A year? 0.o
Think positive thoughts!
I bet you'll find a friend within a month

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I ended up joining a CS club because I was looking for the whole if you're in a qualifying university and you're in the right program, you can get Windows for free. Well, a professor directed me to the Undergraduates Project Lab and I've been there since last semester. As a freshman who can talk to other CS people of all ages and grades, I can get a lot out of them. I can ask about courses, professors, and programming so long as I don't ask for the code - academic misconduct - and just general stuff. Some of them talk about internships, different branches of CS, and more. I guess I got lucky because apparently people are really intimidated by UPL thinking all the people there are hardcore, professional CS majors when in reality, everyone's chill (and messing around on Facebook, other social media, forums, gaming, etc.).

Anyway, if there's one thing I suggest doing, it's talk with your professor and/or TA. If you're stuck on a subject or you just want to talk, they'll be there. It's there job to help and teach and not asking is like giving them free money for a service you're not using.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Nah, I'm sure you'll find some buddies to hang out with soon! You'll get so close, you'll be like this to them!

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
A year? 0.o
Think positive thoughts!
I bet you'll find a friend within a month
That's what happened in my first year at school I went to after I moved. I spent an entire year pretty much by myself with the occasional person who tried to make small talk with me without much result because I'm very socially awkward.

And then I made a lot of friends and one of them is a Pokémon fanboy like me and we spent the entirety of the last year playing and getting terrible grades.

Though considering how school made me very depressed last year, it's probably a good thing he was around because otherwise I might have made some bad decisions.

I ended up joining a CS club because I was looking for the whole if you're in a qualifying university and you're in the right program, you can get Windows for free. Well, a professor directed me to the Undergraduates Project Lab and I've been there since last semester. As a freshman who can talk to other CS people of all ages and grades, I can get a lot out of them. I can ask about courses, professors, and programming so long as I don't ask for the code - academic misconduct - and just general stuff. Some of them talk about internships, different branches of CS, and more. I guess I got lucky because apparently people are really intimidated by UPL thinking all the people there are hardcore, professional CS majors when in reality, everyone's chill (and messing around on Facebook, other social media, forums, gaming, etc.).

Anyway, if there's one thing I suggest doing, it's talk with your professor and/or TA. If you're stuck on a subject or you just want to talk, they'll be there. It's there job to help and teach and not asking is like giving them free money for a service you're not using.
I'll keep all of that in mind, thanks!

Soul.

Hmm. Pikachu with Thunder Wave might have a chance of beating Villager even if it doesn't look good (probably even with a slight advantage on Villager).
Still a hard MU I think. Villager walls Pikachu so hard with FAir, BAir, Lloid Rocket, Timber (tree) and of course, Pocket.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ FullMoon FullMoon

College sucks for social stuff, though it could just be the area I'm in. Most of the time people pretend you're invisible, and they'll only say something to you if it looks like you know the material in class, that way they can get some "free help". Though I've had some... weirdos talk to me before, but... er, I don't go to college to get married.

Good luck to you though. I guess Brazil has changed more than I thought in terms of people being super social all the time.

Done with tutoring, now I'm at chipotle and Starbucks.

Coffee at 8:00 at night. I'm a rebel.
Chipotle and Starbucks, friggin beast combo. I'm so jelly right now, sis

NO... I didn't double post again. Halp ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
ty sisters. I haven't played X since 2013 so I just kinda forgot about the town names.

Here's the song, btw:
AmourShipping ftw. Snowbelle for life <3
Snowbelle was literally my favorite place in the game and still is. I have, I believe, 21 songs from the game in my music library, and both this and Geosenge Town are my favorite themes. Plus Professor Sycamore's theme, damn.
Also I'm saddened by the lack of Gen 6 music.
are my favorite themes from Gen 6
Power Plant/Pokéball Factory was a great one, too.

I'm a simple person and just loved Kalos for itself.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Snowbelle was literally my favorite place in the game and still is. I have, I believe, 21 songs from the game in my music library, and both this and Geosenge Town are my favorite themes. Plus Professor Sycamore's theme, damn.
Snowbelle is, by far, the best town in X and Y. However, my favorite song from the game is this:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

Power Plant/Pokéball Factory was a great one, too.

I'm a simple person and just loved Kalos for itself.
You literally just...

Yes, yes, and yes. Snowbelle, Geosenge, Route 15/Frost Cavern, Professor Sycamore's theme (the BEST Professor theme by far), Pokemon Trainer Battle, Legendary Trainer Battle, Lyssandre's Theme... do I need to go on?

Oh and here's a lil remix, though I'm still slightly more fond of the original

Spirst

@ Spirst Spirst , have you seen this? It's the cancelled Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun game. There's 32:00 minutes of footage with voice acting, music, and pretty much everything. Why? WHY?! Why was this game cancelled. It's so cool and I know from what people have said that the voice acting, script writing, and world creation that the LoK games were amazing. NSFW because boobies and lots of blood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBN8N2NXfi4.
Oh, wow, no, I never saw this one. It looks different from the Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain games but it actually looks quite cool and I would've gotten it had it been released. I'd been wondering what happened to the franchise. With some minor adjustments to the combat, it could've been really good in its own right.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
NO... I didn't double post again. Halp ;-;
Your avatar is extremely appropriate for this situation. :'D
Snowbelle is, by far, the best town in X and Y. However, my favorite song from the game is this:
I wasn't partial to Shalour, but gorl you still have good taste. I love the exotic sound to Shalour, it made me think of certain areas in a game I used to (enjoy to) play, and ahhh.. the nostalgia is real.
You literally just...

Yes, yes, and yes. Snowbelle, Geosenge, Route 15/Frost Cavern, Professor Sycamore's theme (the BEST Professor theme by far), Pokemon Trainer Battle, Legendary Trainer Battle, Lyssandre's Theme... do I need to go on?

Oh and here's a lil remix, though I'm still slightly more fond of the original

My god can we just. I want to meet you offline to hug you just on the basis of this game's music.
@ Lorde Lorde you too.

I will make a list of each song I love from this game if I need to.

Not a bad remix, but I agree on liking the original more.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Your avatar is extremely appropriate for this situation. :'D

I wasn't partial to Shalour, but gorl you still have good taste. I love the exotic sound to Shalour, it made me think of certain areas in a game I used to (enjoy to) play, and ahhh.. the nostalgia is real.

My god can we just. I want to meet you offline to hug you just on the basis of this game's music.
@ Lorde Lorde you too.

I will make a list of each song I love from this game if I need to.

Not a bad remix, but I agree on liking the original more.
aw, sis, you're too kind :')
Pokemon music is always great.

Don't attack me, but I only played through X once...It was a good game, but not my favorite. The same goes for the music.

If you saw my posts from earlier today, I posted a lot of my favorite songs from Pokemon (which were mostly from DPPt lol). If you didn't see them, here they are:
If you already saw them, that's fine. They're all worth a listen, though.

Pearl brings back so much nostalgia to me. Gen IV will always be my favorite.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
aw, sis, you're too kind :')
Pokemon music is always great.

Don't attack me, but I only played through X once...It was a good game, but not my favorite. The same goes for the music.

If you saw my posts from earlier today, I posted a lot of my favorite songs from Pokemon (which were mostly from DPPt lol). If you didn't see them, here they are:

If you already saw them, that's fine. They're all worth a listen, though.

Pearl brings back so much nostalgia to me. Gen IV will always be my favorite.
So long as you won't attack me for never having played through Diamond or Pearl.. or Platinum. ;_;
Next part of my post is my explanation.

Also I only played Y once, haven't gotten around to playing my copy of X yet (even if it's pretty much the same).

I'm a Kalos baby all the way. Haters gonna hate.
My first Pokémon game ever played was Silver, and I grew up with that and Gold on an emulator since before I knew what an emulator was. Pokémon Y was my first ever legit Pokémon game, just like my 3DS was my first ever handheld console. I'm underprivileged. :')

Top Bottom