• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah, it probably deserved to be toned down

but the hilarity of using windboxes to send people to the moon is what drew me to the character in the first place

Spirst

It deserved to be toned down because of how ridiculous it was but pre 1.0.4 hydro pump was the best part of Greninja's moveset by far and the biggest change I felt. It was soooooo good.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Lavani Lavani How do I delete patches? I want to play 1.0.3 again and see how ridiculous Rosalina and Greninja were.
And will it affect my game any if I do delete the patches? Like will my custom moves and stuff get deleted?

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I still think Greninja has the most satisfying moveset though. I mean

Few things feel as good as doing this to someone trying to gimp you.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Wait one more thing, don't use dsmash with ZSS too much. I punished yew a lot for those
I have one more thing as well. So if you want to use Bouncing Fish for a kill you can do aerial needles to Bouncing Fish for a true KO combo. You should watch False's Sheik if you haven't yet, he's pretty good~

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani How do I delete patches? I want to play 1.0.3 again and see how ridiculous Rosalina and Greninja were.
And will it affect my game any if I do delete the patches? Like will my custom moves and stuff get deleted?
I'd have to look at my SD card and I'm not sure if I can take it out while playing DS games so you'll have to bear with me here.

What I do is put my SD card in my computer and put the patch folder on my desktop, then just copy it back to the card when I'm done messing around in 1.0.0.

Smash's folders are named "00000edf", I think there will be one with replays and one with patch data; the patch data one should be obvious by the contents, as well as the date modified (the time you downloaded the patch). When you start the game without a patch, it'll start up with some prompts about not being updated and starting without save data; which means it won't be able to access your save data, not that it's deleting it. Press B>A>A>B on the prompts (I assume no-yes-yes-no but I don't pay attention to this), do what you want on 1.0.0, then when you put the patch back on the SD card you'll have your save data back.

Alternately, you can just use a second SD card.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'd have to look at my SD card and I'm not sure if I can take it out while playing DS games so you'll have to bear with me here.

What I do is put my SD card in my computer and put the patch folder on my desktop, then just copy it back to the card when I'm done messing around in 1.0.0.

Smash's folders are named "00000edf", I think there will be one with replays and one with patch data; the patch data one should be obvious by the contents, as well as the date modified (the time you downloaded the patch). When you start the game without a patch, it'll start up with some prompts about not being updated and starting without save data; which means it won't be able to access your save data, not that it's deleting it. Press B>A>A>B on the prompts (I assume no-yes-yes-no but I don't pay attention to this), do what you want on 1.0.0, then when you put the patch back on the SD card you'll have your save data back.

Alternately, you can just use a second SD card.
Luckily, I have a second SD card lying around so I'll just use that.
Seriously, thanks a ton. You're a saint, sis <3

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Hey guys, I'm gonna enter a customs tournament sometime and idk if Farore's windfall is worth it. I already know I'm using dins flare, nayrus rejection, and phantom strike so yeah.

I'm either gonna use 2213 or 2233 idk

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Hey guys, I'm gonna enter a customs tournament sometime and idk if Farore's windfall is worth it. I already know I'm using dins flare, nayrus rejection, and phantom strike so yeah.

I'm either gonna use 2213 or 2233 idk
Farore's Windfall will make you easier to edgeguard since it doesn't snap to the ledge (iirc) and it only travels straight up. I'd choose Farore's Wind. Also elevator kills earlier.

And why are you using Nayru's Rejection? I thought Nayru's Love was better in every way.
(for anyone that cares, my favorite custom Zelda setup is 1212).

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
My MM3D and Wii Fit Trainer amiibo finally shipped! #soexcited

Does anyone have MM3D yet? Is it good?
I got it on release but haven't played it yet because I haven't finished the Master Quest on Ocarina 3D and it makes me feel bad to play the sequel without having finished the first :'D. But I'm getting there! Only four temples to go.....

I'll tell you when I play MM :p

Kiddo don't use Windfall ever. Zelda's recovery is one of her strongest points in this game, so I don't see why anyone would give that up for a gimmick like windfall.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Yeah that sounds good. Naryu's rejection Passion is pretty underrated imo; the suck-in effect is useful and the damage is fairly decent. Flare is basically a straight upgrade over Din's Fire, Farore's Wind is the best Up B by far and all of the Phantoms have their merits.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I got it on release but haven't played it yet because I haven't finished the Master Quest on Ocarina 3D and it makes me feel bad to play the sequel without having finished the first :'D. But I'm getting there! Only four temples to go.....

I'll tell you when I play MM :p

Kiddo don't use Windfall ever. Zelda's recovery is one of her strongest points in this game, so I don't see why anyone would give that up for a gimmick like windfall.
The regular quest on OoT is hard enough for me so I've never even attempted Master Quest, lol. I hope it goes well for you.

MM3D will be here on Tuesday (I paid like $8 for 2 day shipping. Why is it so expensive?) but I heard that they changed some things pretty drastically so idk about how the game will be. I still need to finish the original MM, though.

Thanks I'll probably use wind

Yew can actually get some early surprise gimps. Its not that bad imo
np, sis. gl in your tournament (whenever it is).
Rejection isn't terrible; it's just that Love is better in every way.

Yeah that sounds good. Naryu's rejection is pretty underrated imo; the suck-in effect is useful and the damage is fairly decent.
I think you're talking about Nayru's Passion, which is the one that sucks people in and then explodes. Nayru's Rejection is like a worse version of Mario's cape.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I dunno about Windfall being a straight-up gimmick. Macchiato seems to like it occasionally and he appears to he a good player (though I haven't played him so maybe he's trash IDK). Meteors are stronger than ever before (except perhaps 64 but I don't know about that game). If you can work with the more limited recovery I could see Zelda getting some use out of it. Ganon's meteors are the strongest normal ones but I'd be curious how special move meteors stack up.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Onstage even against characters with awful recoveries FW kills before FWF spikes hard enough to prevent recovery, and it's substantially slower to start so you lose your quick and early-killing OoS option

Offstage it's just a blatantly worse recovery than the default

I don't see the appeal

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Windfall can be decent because it doesn't sweetspot the ledge (sounds weird I know) because when someone is recovering you jump off stage and aim your recovery towards the ledge and spike them. Lavani posted a gif a while ago though and teleport recoveries seem to do weird glitchy stuff with Zelda's if they both hit the ledge at the same time. She just..goes into her falling animation and dies. RIP Zeldawful :' (

I think you're talking about Nayru's Passion, which is the one that sucks people in and then explodes. Nayru's Rejection is like a worse version of Mario's cape.
Is it worse bc the hitboxes mess with the cape effect or something?

Last edited:

Farorae

Smash Ace
I'd use Nayru's Passion over Rejection even lol (probably just because it reminds me of Din's fire from Oot)
Edit: although I'm pretty confident the default Nayru is the best like 90% of the time

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is it worse bc the hitboxes mess with the cape effect or something?
I haven't used it in forever so I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's because it only make opponents face away from Zelda, not change their direction necessarily. Also, the hitboxes do kind of mess stuff up.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Windfall can be decent because it doesn't sweetspot the ledge (sounds weird I know)
This isn't even a real reason to use it

You can't grab the ledge while holding down, so you can mix up whether or not you throw out the reappear hitbox or for how long with default FW, and it can actually kill on-stage opponents to boot. Again, I see no real niche to FWF.

Also you can't recover from under certain stages with FWF due to the lack of ledgesnap; it'll just curve with the stage's underside and send you flying off into the abyss.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Ugh. Her only good custom is Phantom Breaker.

Also, Phantom Strike is pathetic. The range is supposedly traded off for higher damage, yet fully-charged compared to default Phantom it only deals a Lightning Kick Sourspot's worth more damage (4%). Get the hell out of here.

In a customs-on tournament Zelda fails even harder. Good to know.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Ugh. Her only good custom is Phantom Breaker.

Also, Phantom Strike is pathetic. The range is supposedly traded off for higher damage, yet fully-charged compared to default Phantom it only deals a Lightning Kick Sourspot's worth more damage (4%). Get the hell out of here.

In a customs-on tournament Zelda fails even harder. Good to know.
It charges tew times faster. Also no blindspot

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Watching Nairo's YT vids on characters' customs.

Ike's customs are freaking solid. His Aether and Counter customs are both better than their respective defaults.

Paralyzing Counter? Strong Counter? Aether with a better horizontal recovery? Aether with shockwave?

Damn. Ike might move up from secondary to a main if the community moves to allowing customs.

Last edited:

Rukia

Enamored
Man, every time I visit this thread... there's been an addition of 15 pages since my last post.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
all these people talking about customs, guess I have to start collecting them now
evolve my game or see my options or something... IDK I just wanna post this gif

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I'd use Nayru's Passion over Rejection even lol (probably just because it reminds me of Din's fire from Oot)
Edit: although I'm pretty confident the default Nayru is the best like 90% of the time
Default Nayru's is one of Zelda's best moves in general, its really hard to match all the things this move offers. It sends opponents the perfect angle offstage for spikes, punishes rolls and approaches, reflects projectiles, and even gives intangibility frames to boot. Love jumping is also nice, but all 3 Nayru's customs can do it. I would say it's easily our second best move overall. Only behind Farore's Wind, because it's Farore's Wind.

Nayru's Rejection is a defensive reflector. Less damage, slower frames, 0 knock back, and a cape effect. Sometimes you just need to redirect a warlock punch back at the opponents to hit their teammates :awesome:. Honestly, I feel this custom would be better if it didn't deal damage, or if the damage was like Fox's lazers and didn't knock you out of free fall.
Nayru's Love is an offensive reflector (and funny enough, also a better defensive reflector in most cases). More damage, faster frames, lots of knock back, etc...

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Completely unrelated note, but just listening back to MBDTF after being away from it for so long & now I'm in love again

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Zelda Moves Tier list 2.0
  • Customs added
  • Minor changes
S: Farores Wind, Nayru's Love, Dair, Nair, Dthrow
A: Jab, Fair, Bair, Utilt, Dtilt, Nayru's Rejection, Phantom Strike, Dash Attack
B: Uair, Bthrow, Phantom Breaker, Phantom Slash, Dsmash, Grab
C: Din's Flare, Din's Blaze, Uthrow, Fthrow, Ftilt, Fsmash
D: Nayru's Passion, Farores Windfall, Farores squall, Dins Fire
Usmash Tier: Usmash

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think I've landed 2 Din's Fire since 3DS release and they were on For Glory. The customs are even harder to hit with.

Top Bottom