• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
@ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 yew know a good amount about customs, what are your opinions on windfall, rejection, and flare
Farore's Windfall is really gimmicky. It gimps extremely early but it's also really tricky to hit most of the time since it only goes up. I played around with it a little back in the 3ds version, and it definitely has it's uses. The only problem is Farore's Wind can also kill at stupidly low percents and requires a lot less effort to use. This is easily the custom I have used the least so I am sure there is something out there we don't know about it yet.
Here is a video I did for Farore's Windfall back in October (last time I played with the move lol).

Rejection I did in the post above. Nayru's Love is 2 gud. It is better in every case unless you want to reflect super armor moves back at opponents during team matches or attempt to gimp recoveries instead of going for the guaranteed Dair kills lol.

Din's Flare is very good in 1v1. It allows you to cover more space at a faster rate. This is a good custom to pair with Phantom Strike when you are facing fast characters that simply want to be in your face constantly. The main drawback is your offstage pressure suffers pretty hard since you can't aim it vertically and landing traps are difficult to do with Din's Flare also. This removes your option of Din's Fire → Dair trap offstage which I don't like to lose.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Farore's Windfall is really gimmicky. It gimps extremely early but it's also really tricky to hit most of the time since it only goes up. I played around with it a little back in the 3ds version, and it definitely has it's uses. The only problem is Farore's Wind can also kill at stupidly low percents and requires a lot less effort to use. This is easily the custom I have used the least so I am sure there is something out there we don't know about it yet.
Here is a video I did for Farore's Windfall back in October (last time I played with the move lol).

Rejection I did in the post above. Nayru's Love is 2 gud. It is better in every case unless you want to reflect super armor moves back at opponents during team matches or attempt to gimp recoveries instead of going for the guaranteed Dair kills lol.

Din's Flare is very good in 1v1. It allows you to cover more space at a faster rate. This is a good custom to pair with Phantom Strike when you are facing fast characters that simply want to be in your face constantly. The main drawback is your offstage pressure suffers pretty hard since you can't aim it vertically and landing traps are difficult to do with Din's Flare also. This removes your option of Din's Fire → Dair trap offstage which I don't like to lose.
if they use luigis missile, ikes QuickDraw, palutenas super speed, etc. Nayrus Rejection would be good in that situation. Imo including Nayrus rejection would give zelda an even more amazing edgeguard game. She has dtilt, dair, Nayru's rejection, phantom, and dins (kinda)

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
if they use luigis missile, ikes QuickDraw, palutenas super speed, etc. Nayrus Rejection would be good in that situation. Imo including Nayrus rejection would give zelda an even more amazing edgeguard game. She has dtilt, dair, Nayru's rejection, phantom, and dins (kinda)
So basically, what I'm seeing is:
Rejection still reflects, has a cape effect, but it has more startup and less active frames. Maybe this move isn't as useless as we thought...

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
What would you say are Zelda's best customs in doubles/squads? I'd say Din's Blaze is best because the delay gives your teammate a chance to dodge it, not like you have to try to avoid it anyway. It could be really useful for throw follow ups and combo finishers as well because of the increased vertical distance. Phantom in general is awkward to use on a team, so Strike could be good since it can't kill and the quicker charge time. You'll definitely get the most mileage out of default Nayru's and Farore's though, no questions asked.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
What would you say are Zelda's best customs in doubles/squads? I'd say Din's Blaze is best because the delay gives your teammate a chance to dodge it, not like you have to try to avoid it anyway. It could be really useful for throw follow ups and combo finishers as well because of the increased vertical distance. Phantom in general is awkward to use on a team, so Strike could be good since it can't kill and the quicker charge time. You'll definitely get the most mileage out of default Nayru's and Farore's, no questions asked.
Rejection
Blaze
Squall
Breaker

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
What would you say are Zelda's best customs in doubles/squads? I'd say Din's Blaze is best because the delay gives your teammate a chance to dodge it, not like you have to try to avoid it anyway. It could be really useful for throw follow ups and combo finishers as well because of the increased vertical distance. Phantom in general is awkward to use on a team, so Strike could be good since it can't kill and the quicker charge time. You'll definitely get the most mileage out of default Nayru's and Farore's though, no questions asked.
Agree with most of this but Squall has a tiny bit of potential. @ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wOzQ9_iWwM

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So basically, what I'm seeing is:
Rejection still reflects, has a cape effect, but it has more startup and less active frames. Maybe this move isn't as useless as we thought...
Sorry to sound like kuro, but it is as useless as we thoughT.

It is the Zeldawful of customs.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Sorry to sound like kuro, but it is as useless as we thoughT.

It is the Zeldawful of customs.
Yeah I wasn't rly expecting to find anything out of it but it would've been cool. It would be like 10x better if the hitboxes didn't do knockback.

At least it isn't Nayru's Passion. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Jaguar360's Zelda Move Tier List 1.0 w/ Customs
S (excellent) Farore's Wind
A (great) Naryu's Love, N-air, U-tilt, D-tilt, D-throw, D-air
B (good) U-air, F-tilt, Naryu's Passion, F-smash, D-smash, Din's Flare, Phantom Breaker, f-air, b-air, dash attack
C (okay/niche) Grab, Phantom Slash, Phantom Strike, Din's Blaze, f-throw, Jab
D (bad/outclassed) Naryu's Rejection, U-throw, Farore's Squall
E (terrible/severely outclassed) U-smash, Din's Fire, Farore's Windfall

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
At the tournament in my second match, I beat their rosalina with zelda so they asked me if I'm gonna use zelda again and I said yes. Then they switched to Diddy kong and I crushed them.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
At the tournament in my second match, I beat their rosalina with zelda so they asked me if I'm gonna use zelda again and I said yes. Then they switched to Diddy kong and I crushed them.
Question: When running Nayru's Rejection, like, how often do you actually use it in the battle? Just curious.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Agree with most of this but Squall has a tiny bit of potential. @ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wOzQ9_iWwM
Okay, yeah, I need a Zelda to team up with in order to do this. That's super hilariously awesome.

I dunno about Windfall being a straight-up gimmick. Macchiato seems to like it occasionally and he appears to he a good player (though I haven't played him so maybe he's trash IDK). Meteors are stronger than ever before (except perhaps 64 but I don't know about that game). If you can work with the more limited recovery I could see Zelda getting some use out of it. Ganon's meteors are the strongest normal ones but I'd be curious how special move meteors stack up.
The thing is, even if meteors are stronger than ever, regular Farore's doubles as a GREAT recovery and her most powerful finisher. It literally lets Zelda go under Battlefield and most omegas. With the changes on wall-sliding, Farore's never been easier to aim at the ledge. Not only this but it gives her one of the earliest kill options in the game if you take rage into account. A normal elevator FW can kill most lightweights at 30% give or take if Zelda has enough rage. Heck, it can kill Jiggs at 0% if you catch her in a high platform. This works on every part of the stage, and while I don't deny that a meteor can gimp early, etc, Zelda still has a pretty decent meteor herself in dair, which isn't risky at all because of how good FW is as a recovery.

The only "advantage" I see in windfall over wind is that it lets you maneuver to the sides as soon as you reappear, which compensates a bit for losing the ability to recover.

Still not worth it, imo.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I agree a cape flipping effect is good but Nayru's Rejection starting frame 18 (Nayru's Love starts 13) is sucky. :urg:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Maybe were just thinking about it wrong. If we take the Naruto approach and practice our weakest move to make it our greatest option maybe we can save Nayru's Rejection... Believe it!

On a more serious note:
I am playing around with Nayru's Rejection atm and honestly I keep finding things bad about it haha. On one hand, if you time it right when someone is running at you it spits them out in a perfect position to land a sweet spotted fair. On the other hand, the move lacks any sort of hit stun so they can shield before the move even finishes and punish you. I want to find some sort of saving grace for this move but it's making me sad. Nayru's Rejection does seem to stun Luma though, which is interesting. Luma does a weird twitchy dance for a couple of seconds lol

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Lavani I hate you. I need to make a mental note NEVER to drink stuff while looking at this board if I want to keep my laptop functioning :'D.

I lost my **** SO hard with that hahahahahahahahaha.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Maybe were just thinking about it wrong. If we take the Naruto approach and practice our weakest move to make it our greatest option maybe we can save Nayru's Rejection... Believe it!

On a more serious note:
I am playing around with Nayru's Rejection atm and honestly I keep finding things bad about it haha. On one hand, if you time it right when someone is running at you it spits them out in a perfect position to land a sweet spotted fair. On the other hand, the move lacks any sort of hit stun so they can shield before the move even finishes and punish you. I want to find some sort of saving grace for this move but it's making me sad. Nayru's Rejection does seem to stun Luma though, which is interesting. Luma does a weird twitchy dance for a couple of seconds lol
That was beautiful, maybe it'll be good for the rosalina MU.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
It also seems to have the weird stun effect on Olimar's Pikmin also. You can stun lock his red pikmin forever. There is a awkward case where sometimes Nayru's Rejection cancels out a projectile instead of reflecting it, I'm thinking that it's maybe hitting Zelda during the intangibility frames or something?

Edit: works on all Pikmin. Seems to be if you hit them at a certain angle they fall beside Zelda and you can lock them there until they die lol.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
It also seems to have the weird stun effect on Olimar's Pikmin also. You can stun lock his red pikmin forever. There is a awkward case where sometimes Nayru's Rejection cancels out a projectile instead of reflecting it, I'm thinking that it's maybe hitting Zelda during the intangibility frames or something?

Edit: works on all Pikmin. Seems to be if you hit them at a certain angle they fall beside Zelda and you can lock them there until they die lol.
#faithforrejection

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Could you please test what it does against a move like Ike's Quickdraw or Palutena's Superspeed when they're recovering?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

This works with Nayru's Love too though, doesn't it?

Pikmin and Luma take damage, so they get stunned instead of reflected.

Could you please test what it does against a move like Ike's Quickdraw or Palutena's Superspeed when they're recovering?
If it's actually got any serious use I'd expect it to be here; I'm pretty sure Quick Draw's just going to stop and swing because Ike would be in range to try and attack Zelda though.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
It just stops them when they make contact with Nayru's Rejection. They can freely act out of it though which sucks.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Rejection confirmed *****

At least Din's Fire isn't her worst move anymore!

Is **** really censored but not penis
what

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I propose that we officially rename Nayru's Rejection to Freud's Penissism.

Can we discuss penissism again, I feel like this is more relevant to Zelda's metagame than Rejection is.
Btw, bro. I forgot that we wanted to test out our connection before you went on hiatus. You wanna try out tomorrow? What's your time right now?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
It just stops them when they make contact with Nayru's Rejection. They can freely act out of it though which sucks.
Thanks for trying it. I figured that's what would happen due to the hitboxes actually doing knockback. Since we can't use it like Mario's cape against recoveries, I'm pretty sure Rejection is

If we're gonna continue testing Zelda's custom moves, we should probably look into Flare and the Phantom customs since those might actually have potential (lol @ Zelda having something good)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

I propose that we officially rename Nayru's Rejection to Freud's Penissism.

Btw, bro. I forgot that we wanted to test out our connection before you went on hiatus. You wanna try out tomorrow? What's your time right now?
It's 9:30 am atm, I'm usually free from this time onwards.

Also does anyone here play MH4u?

Rejection confirmed ****s

At least Din's Fire isn't her worst move anymore!

Is **** really censored but not penis
what
one is a medical term and the other is offensive slang, but also sometimes a nickname, or the name of a store: http://www.****smith.com.au/

I wanted it uncensored years ago

Edit: wow I double posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom