• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
One thing really bothers me about that.

What's Falcon doing all the way up there?

Otherwise, eh, whatever. Never got into Rayman, never knew anyone that was into Rayman, didn't realize he was even relevant still. If it's legit, whatever; if it's fake, whatever.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh wow there's more people here who know Jubyphonic than I thought (which is to say, I thought nobody knew of her other than me). But yeah the song always make me smile or snicker every couple of lines.

About the Rayman thing, I don't care either way so I'm just gonna wait and see.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I never even heard of this character until now lol
It's not surprising for various reasons. Rayman began in 1995 on the PSone and the Atari Jaguar. He's 14 years younger than Mario and Donkey Kong/Cranky Kong. Rayman's not that super well-known compared to Mario, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and I think characters like Cloud Strife, Crono from Chrono Trigger, and Bomberman.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I never even heard of this character until now lol
Have you been living in a hole?

As for what ffamran said, Rayman is known but just not on the level of the characters he mentioned but he's around the range of others like Crash Spyro Sly cooper etc.
Should be noticed more often the past half decade since, well, he's gotten some really good games compared to some of em lol.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Guys, Citizens of Earth is AWESOME. It freezes a lot but they're working on patching it asap, so I'm not worried about it.

In any case, if any of you is into RPGs I totally recommend. I've only played for like 1 hour but it's such a hilarious game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Have you been living in a hole?

As for what ffamran said, Rayman is known but just not on the level of the characters he mentioned but he's around the range of others like Crash Spyro Sly cooper etc.
Should be noticed more often the past half decade since, well, he's gotten some really good games compared to some of em lol.
By some, you mean Crash and Spyro who were caught in the Activision Apocalypse. Sly Cooper recently had a game that basically was Sly 4. Not a lot of innovations and not a lot of hey, this is different. It felt like another Sly Cooper game which is good, but I do wish there was more. Jak & Daxter, well, let's call this Naughty Dog project abandonment. Every generation, Naughty Dog just drops a franchise and I wouldn't be surprise that after say, Uncharted 4, they'll drop Uncharted and never make another one while moving onto another project that willl be dropped as well. The issue is that they just don't care enough to find another developer who understands the series and would love to continue a series. I mean, remember Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier?

Ratchet & Clank is literally the Super Mario Bros. of Insomniac Games. They're fun and they don't really do much besides being fun. Each game despite All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault being different and "not" Ratchet & Clank games still keep their humor, insane weapons, and essentially, their souls. If there was one character(s) from Sony aka a competitor that I want in SSB even though it's impossible, it would be Ratchet & Clank. Sly would end up like Greninja with a cane while Jak & Daxter would be a bit like Link. Ratchet & Clank would be like Mega Man who has different weapons per move instead of different weapons/gadgets per Special like Link and Jak & Daxter.

Also, there's Ty the Tasmanian Tiger who is relatively unknown by many. He also got screwed over by becoming more edgy and dark for some reason.

Then there's Dante who more or less became more well-known because of the DmC fiasco and I bet Bayonetta since people kept complaining about how Capcom can't make games. No, it's not Capcom can't make games, it's the heads of Capcom who don't know jack while the developers there are talented. I mean, each major developer that left to do their own thing ended up making incredible games. Platinum Games was Capcom's Clover Studio the makers of Okami, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, and because Hideki Kamiya was involved, Devil May Cry, and Kenji Inafune was an artist for Mega Man, the producer for Onimusha, Lost Planet, and Dead Rising all of which were great, but the heads of Capcom killed them off or decided some questionable design choices would appeal to gamers. Inafune ended up leaving to make Mighty No. 9 with his own studio, Comcept. You can just look at Dragon's Dogma and see that a large world with pretty good AI for enemies and wildlife was held back by consoles at the time. Aside from some bugs, it wasn't game-breaking like Elder Scrolls. The combat was awesome since it was like Devil May Cry infused with Monster Hunter which makes sense since Hideaki Itsuno was the director of DMC2 and onwards. Y'know, the guy who messed up with DMC2 and brought DMC3 to the world? The guy who made DMC4 which people feel like Capcom had budget issues and could have been more? This is the guy who took fine, spectacular combat to an open-world, medieval, fantasy-themed RPG. The developers at Capcom are awesome, but Capcom as a company is bad to say the least.

Should I also mention that Capcom helped out Nintendo with The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages & Seasons, Four Swords, and Minish Cap? Inafune said he loved A Link to the Past and made Mega Man Legends as an homage to Zelda and ended up working on Minish Cap. Link to the wiki: http://zeldawiki.org/Capcom#A_Link_to_the_Past_.26_Four_Swords.

I bet you could give the devs at Capcom, Platinum Games, and Comcept something like Metroid, SSB, Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Dynasty Warriors - Capcom made Sengoku Basara -, God of War, or anything like even Call of Duty and they could ramp up the combat to 11. If only Capcom wasn't run by a bunch of... I feel like beating a dead horse.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ah yes Ty
I loved that game, mostly collecting the geodes for boomerang upgrades felt so damn satisfying, too bad the 3rd one turned into giant robots.

And by some, I mostly meant the ones you mentioned like crash spyro pac-man (usually just HD remakes on xbox arcade n such), cloud hasn't been in a FF for awhile and Chrono trigger I don't pay attention to that series to know how htey're doing but I'm sure they're ded unlike say Dragon Quest.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
A character that I don't care about? It's probably legit, knowing Nintendo.

India put up 300 runs, Kohli is a freaking beast. Should be quite the challenge for Pakistan, though that hat trick at the end by Sohail was epic af.

Heading to sleep now though, so I guess I'll find out who won in the morning lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Random question for @ Lavani Lavani : Do Toon Link and Link's shields block Greninja's fully charged Water Shuriken? I'm assuming no.
They block it but the hits come out repeatedly as the shuriken moves forward so the later hits miss the shield and touch Link/TL's hitbox. This applies to most rapid, multi-hit range attacks.

PS Link must crouch.

Last edited:
I liked Final Fantasy VII but my main gripe was with its fan base that treated it like the second coming of Jesus

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@ Locke 06 Locke 06
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur

I ain't basic anymore
I actually really like your new avatar. Welcome back.

Also, RE FF7: I finally played it this past summer and I was impressed, but also not. The hype was a little excessive and I don't think that game aged too well. Was still a great game, but FF4 and FF6 stack up very well in comparison. I wasn't a huge fan of the materia system (I like jobs much better).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Playing FF7 now compared to back when I was in elementary school is a crazy difference of perspective. The game would not leave my mind at school. Game holds a lot of nostalgia for me regardless of the protagonist. What game has a summon this epic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heL6FCojAbI?

https://twitter.com/arpheon is my Twitter. Add me and I'll add you when I wake up? Deal.

Last edited:
I actually really like your new avatar. Welcome back.

Also, RE FF7: I finally played it this past summer and I was impressed, but also not. The hype was a little excessive and I don't think that game aged too well. Was still a great game, but FF4 and FF6 stack up very well in comparison. I wasn't a huge fan of the materia system (I like jobs much better).
We have the same opinions. I too enjoyed FF4 and FF6 the most

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Late but also wanna say Rayman is barely behind Megaman in terms of series sales, but of course those two will always be overshadowed by Pac Mario Pokemon Sonic etc.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So uh, this Rayman rumor...

It should've been cooking mama

Playing FF7 now compared to back when I was in elementary school is a crazy difference of perspective. The game would not leave my mind at school. Game holds a lot of nostalgia for me regardless of the protagonist. What game has a summon this epic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heL6FCojAbI?

https://twitter.com/arpheon is my Twitter. Add me and I'll add you when I wake up? Deal.
On FF I hated FF 13-2's ending like it legit made the game suck, after I beat it Ive never touched it again

Also I followed yew, I'm @thomasxmai

Last edited by a moderator:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It should've been cooking mama

On FF I hated FF 13-2's ending like it legit made the game suck, after I beat it Ive never touched it again

Also I followed yew, I'm @thomasxmai
Please be more careful about double posts in the future Macchiato.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I haven't played any of the newer Final Fantasy games yet my favorites are III (DS remake), V and Dimensions. I also really enjoyed I and IV.

Hey @Rickster, want to join the Sceptile for DLC support thread? With the Rayman leak, I think newcomers like Sceptile may have a chance again.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
SOMEONE HAD WAAAAAY TOO MUCH TIME ON HIS HANDS.

RAYMAN LEAK CONFIRMED BOGUS.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
The leak doesn't look legit to me, Mewtwo just looks really off in the CSS. The in-game trophy has his head cocked lower, as well the overall structure of his face just doesn't look right. Idk how Rayman looks compared to his trophy, so no comment on that.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The leak doesn't look legit to me, Mewtwo just looks really off in the CSS. The in-game trophy has his head cocked lower, as well the overall structure of his face just doesn't look right. Idk how Rayman looks compared to his trophy, so no comment on that.
Vid said that he edited the portraits to make it seem like it wasn't completely ripped off from the trophy for authenticity.

Hate to say it, but I'm 90% sure that other than Mewtwo, I don't expect another DLC character to come to Smash. I mean, if we're doubting that character balance changes would happen, why are we skipping steps to believe an entire new character will? :/

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
SOMEONE HAD WAAAAAY TOO MUCH TIME ON HIS HANDS.

RAYMAN LEAK CONFIRMED BOGUS.
tybg I'm glad it's fake because Ubisoft was insulting Nintendo and then having Rayman in a game celebrating Nintendo's greats didn't sit well with me.

Mewtwo also looked really bad and I'm glad that's not his real art.

also lol at all of the people attacking the non-believers of the Rayman "leak" when it wasn't proven as fake.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Wow, someone must have been really bored that day to make that.

Someone hire that man for a graphic designer job, he really deserves it. I would've been totally fooled if I cared.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can smash with anyone in about 5 hours if anyone is interested.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

Someone hire that man for a graphic designer job, he really deserves it. I would've been totally fooled if I cared.
Or someone just got his artwork noticed, accrued some name recognition, probably some followers on YouTube/Twitter, and maybe a real graphic design job.

Sounds like a pretty good outcome for being bored.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

It'd be hilarious if either Nintendo or Ubisoft hired him for GUI and other interface stuff.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
GGs, no I didn't see anything other than yew didn't try to edgeguard me with shulk

My sheik needs work, so any advice for sheik and zelda?
I don't play Sheik so I'm not sure I can exactly give you good advice but you seem to use Burst Grenade too much and your Bouncing Fishes are predictable whenever you do fair strings offstage. Zelda mm not really much, she's good. Just in general for all of your characters stop airdodging so much when someone is below you, just jump away instead.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I don't play Sheik so I'm not sure I can exactly give you good advice but you seem to use Burst Grenade too much and your Bouncing Fishes are predictable whenever you do fair strings offstage. Zelda mm not really much, she's good. Just in general for all of your characters stop airdodging so much when someone is below you, just jump away instead.
Wait one more thing, don't use dsmash with ZSS too much. I punished yew a lot for those

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My MM3D and Wii Fit Trainer amiibo finally shipped! #soexcited

Does anyone have MM3D yet? Is it good?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So I was playing against a Sonic in For Glory today, I actually managed to do well most of the match though the Sonic wasn't really all that good, so right at the end I had a thought.

"I wonder how useful Hydro Pump is against Sonic"

"... Okay then."

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Remember before 1.0.4, when that water spray would've just flat-out killed him?

I miss that so much. I had a whole collection of replays of it too, before 1.0.4 broke them ;_;

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I can kinda understand the Hydro Pump nerf because it really was a bit absurd in what it could do, but I'd be lying if I said if it wasn't the most hilarious way of getting a kill.

Top Bottom