• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

I...I have....Doritos....and apple juice

#ThugLife

I didn't choose the thug life, my mommy picked it out for me.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That's really disappointing Lavani
you would probably be less surprised if you knew how light I actually was

being 6'2" and only weighing ~133lbs doesn't leave much to soak the booze up

I miss when we used to have a pool table. I never actually got to play much pool ironically, but it was always interesting to me.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Well I'm pretty sure rum is one kind of alcohol where 1oz is 1 drink, so it's no wonder really. I don't care for the taste of alcohol myself.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Figured fsmash had a high enough launch angle to survive with DI up and toward the stage, but lol ok close enough

Well I'm pretty sure rum is one kind of alcohol where 1oz is 1 drink, so it's no wonder really. I don't care for the taste of alcohol myself.
Generally I hate alcohol

And I abhor anyone that drinks just to get drunk

But rum is just delicious

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Rum is pretty good in Bananas Foster, I'll give you that. After all rum is the drink of my people. (Or is it mojito?)
mojitos are made with rum so

rum is also used for tiramisu and that is pretty godly too, then again how could a dessert that combines rum and coffee not be godly?

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
you would probably be less surprised if you knew how light I actually was

being 6'2" and only weighing ~133lbs doesn't leave much to soak the booze up
#talllightweightpals

If we were Smash characters, we'd be Jigglypuffs

Latte

Smash Ace
I think we'd be more like Rosalinas

Second tallest but fourth lightest
I was going to say Rosalina, but I wasn't exactly sure where she placed in the weight rankings
How is she so light? Isn't she a heavyweight in MK8? LOL

Latte

Smash Ace
I have really ugly literature homework to do. This sounds like a good time to procrastinate and wallow in self-pity
well to be fair mario kart weight rankings are more height based

Case in point: Waluigi is a heavyweight in Wii/8
I think Waluigi must be hiding a six-pack or something.

Note to self: never imagine what that would look like.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This sounds like a good time to procrastinate and wallow in self-pity
my day-to-day life

I think Waluigi must be hiding a six-pack or something.
Note to self: never imagine what that would look like.
one more glass of rum and I'll have my photoshop project for the evening

Really though, despite having the "weight" label I'm pretty sure it's all focused on overall size. Could you imagine Waluigi driving the Booster Seat kart?

Latte

Smash Ace
#rebl #roknrol #gangstr
one more glass of rum and I'll have my photoshop project for the evening

Really though, despite having the "weight" label I'm pretty sure it's all focused on overall size. Could you imagine Waluigi driving the Booster Seat kart?
Imagining that makes me laugh and feel disturbed at the same time. Waluigi would be my least favorite Mario character if Wario and Mario didn't exist.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
#rebl #roknrol #gangstr

Imagining that makes me laugh and feel disturbed at the same time. Waluigi would be my least favorite Mario character if Wario and Mario didn't exist.
I probably agree there, more or less.

I guess next tier list gets to be mario characters

I'm about to play metroid prime I'm so excited.
that is the right thing to be

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
I played Metroid Prime and simply could not get past its horrible controls and strange camera angles.
I hear nothing but praise for it, so maybe I should give it another shot sometime.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
FPS games were never my sort of thing admittedly, so I just assume I'm alone in thinking the games aren't as good as people say they are

Relatedly, I should actually play Super Metroid one of these days.

EDIT: I should probably add that I sank a staggering 3600 hours into Team Fortress 2 despite that, though. That game was magic.

Last edited:

Farorae

Smash Ace
I'm barely into this game but it's already reminding me why art style is so much more important than graphics, this game is SD and looks better than some of the HD **** they release today lol

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'm about to play metroid prime I'm so excited.
Play with Stereo Surround Sound. It is one of the most amazing experiences ever.
FPS games were never my sort of thing admittedly, so I just assume I'm alone in thinking the games aren't as good as people say they are

Relatedly, I should actually play Super Metroid one of these days.

EDIT: I should probably add that I sank a staggering 3600 hours into Team Fortress 2 despite that, though. That game was magic.
I hate FPS's, I never play them, yet I love the Prime series. Why? Prime isn't a first person shooter. It is an exploration, action, puzzle, and adventure game that is in the first person perspective. Yeah, there's shooting, but it definitely isn't like a FPS. Defeating Enemies is like a puzzle, like in the 2D metroids, so the actual shooting isn't exactly the main focus. If you like 3D Zelda's, you are most likely going to adore Metroid Prime.
Also, Metroid Prime has to be the most atmospheric game I have ever played.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Wow, thank you so much for the support , guys. Was a bit shocked to see 20+ alerts after a few hours, with most of them being you guys being encouraging. Really appreciate it, and now I will refrain from getting all teary-eyed :')

And @ Cenizas Cenizas my position used to be a bilingual receptionist making 14 bucks an hour

Farorae

Smash Ace
I hope prime doesn't have too many timed sequences because I just had one :( I mean they usually aren't too hard but whenever I see a timer I just get anxiety

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I hope prime doesn't have too many timed sequences because I just had one :( I mean they usually aren't too hard but whenever I see a timer I just get anxiety
Nope, you're good. There's very little timed sequences after that point.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Do you mean the timer at the beginning on the spaceship thing? I don't think it's actually timed, and Prime 1 is the only Metroid with no timed stuff lol, Prime 2 & 3 do have a few tho

also guys i'm bored and decided to look up stupid stuff so enjoy

The Leg of Zelda: Meniscus Mask

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Alright, I finally caught up and missed some good topics that I wanted to talk about. Bringing them back up anyway tho.

@ Mocha Mocha I wish you luck at finding a new job. I'm really sorry to hear that you got laid off :(

Pokemon generations are hard for me because I love them all. At the moment, my list of favorites looks something like this:
5 > 4 > 2 > 6 > 3 > 1
  • Gen V introduced a lot of great and interesting Pokemon despite having a couple oddballs like Garbodor and Vanilluxe, neither of which are that bad imo. I love Serperior, Samurott, Genesect, Reshiram, Zekrom, the Therian formes for the genies, Golurk, Bisharp, Volcarona, Hydreigon and more. The B/W games had the best story in the franchise by far and had the best music as well (I miss the low health music :(). They also introduced many new in-game conveniences with the BW2 repel system, infinite TMs, more bag sorting options and more. Hidden Abilities and shaking grass were also great additions.Gen V did a lot of little things right imo and was really fresh for the series.
  • Pokemon Diamond was my first game in the series, so I have a special place in my heart for Gen IV. It had the best starters imo and some other nice Pokemon like Lucario, Buizel, Arceus, the creation trio and Electrivire. DPP's story was also pretty good. In terms of gameplay advancements, the physical/special split was huge and completely game-changing for many Pokemon and we got some nice new abilities and items. HGSS were also great and had a ton of content.
  • Gen II was the most innovative the G/S/C was one of the longer games in the series. It is my least favorite in terms of Pokemon, but I love Typhlosion, Suicune and Lugia. The gameplay advancements with Abilities, Dark and Steel types, items and breeding were huge and mostly why I rank it highly.
  • Gen VI was great and also pretty innovative. Few Pokemon were introduced, but the only ones I managed to dislike were Inkay and Aromatisse. The main part of X/Y was great and OR/AS has been very good so far, though they are both a tad too easy.
  • Gen III was pretty much as great as the others despite being second-last. This is a very iconic gen for me and all the games in it have the best replay value in the series for some reason imo. They also introduced EVs and expanded nicely on the Gen II metagame. It is also tied with Gen V for introducing my favorite Pokemon overall in the series with great mons like Sceptile, Absol, Aggron, Rayquaza, Flygon and Salamence.
  • I have great respect for Gen I for establishing the base for the Pokemon series, but it had its flaws. It was pretty unbalanced, not that complex and just had some general silliness going on lol. Despite this, I like the original games a lot, especially Yellow.

I am a huge fan of Sonic music. My favorite soundtracks so far are definitely Rush and both versions of Generations. Rush had a nice upbeat mix of techno, funk, hip-hop and breakbeat that was really unique and fitting for the series, while Generations just takes the best of everything and makes awesome remixes. Here are a couple of my favorites throughout the series:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
After seeing Nairo wreck with Zelda in those tourney vids, I'm now really sure that she's mid (I wasn't so sure before).

That's right, I said it. Optimism tier list, here I come, lol.

EDIT: @ Macchiato Macchiato ...optimism buddies? :D

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
After seeing Nairo wreck with Zelda in those tourney vids, I'm now really sure that she's mid (I wasn't so sure before).

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum gorl

I'd like to believe, but I have a hard time answering the question "Who is Zelda better than?"

I think Nairo's done enough at this point to show that even if she's bottom of bottom she's still usable though. Either that or he's just exposing everyone's matchup knowledge badly, anyway.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
He has replied @ Macchiato Macchiato

Now this gets interesting
This will be interesting maybe this will end up as a one man raid.

EDIT: @ Macchiato Macchiato ...optimism buddies? :D
Yes yes Ricky join me

If she's usable in a competitive setting, then she's probably not bottom at this point. I can think of characters that are definitely worse than Zelda. Like, maybe a few
This will be interesting maybe this will end up as a one man raid.
You're doing pretty well so far

Top Bottom