• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Rosalina dittos are interesting because Luma's mortality doesn't mean the match is a true ditto most of the time.
Why am I picturing two :rosalina:s sending their Luma out into some strange blood-sport?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
See I was actually standing on the stage when it happened. I should've saved the replay. Coliseum Form... about a third of the way from the edge.

I mean I'm not upset by it, I've just never seen it kill that early.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
See I was actually standing on the stage when it happened. I should've saved the replay. Coliseum Form... about a third of the way from the edge.

I mean I'm not upset by it, I've just never seen it kill that early.
Oh you mean it wasn't an elevator kill? Hahaha well **** XD.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hmm... I thought ditto matches were always even. Eh.
Yeah they're frustrating.
Well, they can't not be even. A toolkit logistically can't perform better or worse than itself.

Which is why I like Rosalina dittos; whoever takes out the other Luma first turns it into "Rosalina & Luma vs Rosalina" for 13 seconds. Or maybe both Lumas get offed, or maybe both players are just being cautious and Luma doesn't die (Luma always dies). It's still a 50:50 matchup overall, but the match can spend a lot of time in states where one player has their Luma and the other doesn't, and it shifts between who is in control throughout the match.

My main gripe with mirror matches is that a lot of character toolkits don't feel like they combat themselves fluidly. Like if you have a character that has a decent camp game but is slow as sin, you end up with a really campy mirror match where neither side wants to approach.

Then you can get really awkward stuff like Dedede mirrors where it's like "Well, he completely whiffed that laggy dash attack but I'm so slow I can't get over there to punish it anyway."

Soul.

Well, they can't not be even. A toolkit logistically can't perform better or worse than itself.

Which is why I like Rosalina dittos; whoever takes out the other Luma first turns it into "Rosalina & Luma vs Rosalina" for 13 seconds. Or maybe both Lumas get offed, or maybe both players are just being cautious and Luma doesn't die (Luma always dies). It's still a 50:50 matchup overall, but the match can spend a lot of time in states where one player has their Luma and the other doesn't, and it shifts between who is in control throughout the match.

My main gripe with mirror matches is that a lot of character toolkits don't feel like they combat themselves fluidly. Like if you have a character that has a decent camp game but is slow as sin, you end up with a really campy mirror match where neither side wants to approach.

Then you can get really awkward stuff like Dedede mirrors where it's like "Well, he completely whiffed that laggy dash attack but I'm so slow I can't get over there to punish it anyway."
Lol campy matches. That's like, FG in a nutshell.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh, bubble tea.

I had some friends pushing me to try that a long time ago but I don't think it exists in Minnesota lol

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Zelda dittos are always 60:40 Zelda because she can't approach herself nor camp herself so she's always losing unless she has a lead. the only 6:4 ditto.

Roll glory Zelda dittos are lolsy because its a teleport fest. whoever Faroes the best wins!!!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Soo, I got laid off today. Actually, about half of the people in my job did. Oil is doing very bad and yeah.

If you guys don't hear from me in the next month or so, I'll probably be living in a cardboard box.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I have to say that I hate Zelda dittos more than my other characters' dittos. You both just end up running around until someone goes for a dash attack or dash grab, lol. And like someone said earlier, her specials counter themselves.

EDIT: @ Mocha Mocha Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that :(. I hope things look up for you soon.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Soo, I got laid off today. Actually, about half of the people in my job did. Oil is doing very bad and yeah.

If you guys don't hear from me in the next month or so, I'll probably be living in a cardboard box.
Noo......
I'm sorry.... You really don't deserve that, stay with your boyfriend, I really hope he will take care of you like you deserve.
Eerrrmmm....
BAHAHAHAHAH! Get back on your feet soldier, so I can crush the life out of you!

Ganondorf dittos are the best.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

oh, im so sorry. I hope yew get a better job and best of luck to yew. If yew ever need a talk im here.

#coffeepals

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Thanks guys, yeah it was all very sudden, but I guess that's how real life works; when it comes to you willingly quitting a job, you have to give a notice in advance, but when it comes to being laid off, they will do it without any warning.

Since I'm taking evening classes in college, I'm hoping I'll be able to find some jobs there, cause that would be the most convenient for me, I think.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I have to say that I hate Zelda dittos more than my other characters' dittos. You both just end up running around until someone goes for a dash attack or dash grab, lol. And like someone said earlier, her specials counter themselves.

EDIT: @ Mocha Mocha Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that :(. I hope things look up for you soon.
Mac dittos are certainly up there as well ugh >_>

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Mocha Mocha , deeply sorry to hear that. Why must bad things happen to good people?

Best of luck to you, hope everything works out.

D

Deleted member

@ Mocha Mocha Aw, im sorry to hear that, amiga :c *hugs you virtually* I know we haven't really talked, but if you want someone to chat with, i'm here for you.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Mocha Mocha Stay strong, gorl; you can pull through this! Life is so unfair and you don't deserve this :( I hope things work out for you.

___

Someone made a custom HW Zelda amiibo. I'm surprised at how good it looks.
imgur.com/a/e7wqN

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788

I'm so sorry, I hope you can find employment somewhere else.. Best of luck to you, be safe. <3

Latte

Smash Ace

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you can find a new job quickly and easily.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sorry to hear about that, Mocha. ; w ;

Wish you all the very best for the times to come, sister! We saved our optismism for occasions like this to make sure everyone around here is doing well despite circumstances instead of placing it on our queen Zelda and think she's good. >u>

But in all seriousness, stay safe and good luck! Best wishes from all of us! <3

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Thanks guys, yeah it was all very sudden, but I guess that's how real life works; when it comes to you willingly quitting a job, you have to give a notice in advance, but when it comes to being laid off, they will do it without any warning.

Since I'm taking evening classes in college, I'm hoping I'll be able to find some jobs there, cause that would be the most convenient for me, I think.
Ask in the library, girl! A lot of people I know work part time in the college's library and stuff. Either that or cafeteria or paperwork, there are many options.

I'm sorry you got laid out, but don't feel defeated just yet. Just think in terms of "temporary jobs" so that you won't, you know, live in a cardboard box. Don't be picky about whatever job may come up since this is an emergency and you'll be fine.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Nairu did so well against both Nakat's Pikachu and the Japanese player's Sheik! I wonder if Zelda really has that much potential or it's just because the opponents had little to no exp against Zelda. Either way I'm really happy to see her kicking butt, she def has potential, FW OOS and Dair are really good. Thanks Father Nairuto.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Sorry to hear about that, Mocha. ; w ;

Wish you all the very best for the times to come, sister! We saved our optismism for occasions like this to make sure everyone around here is doing well despite circumstances instead of placing it on our queen Zelda and think she's good. >u>

But in all seriousness, stay safe and good luck! Best wishes from all of us! <3
Yew gorls can't even use it for your number 1 Waifu? WAT.

Top Bottom