• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum gorl

I'd like to believe, but I have a hard time answering the question "Who is Zelda better than?"

I think Nairo's done enough at this point to show that even if she's bottom of bottom she's still usable though. Either that or he's just exposing everyone's matchup knowledge badly, anyway.
Instead of looking at it like "which chars are we better than", I look at her as being roughly on par with a majority of the cast (read: not top tiers). But imo there's no way we're bottom this time. Low at worst, but I think we have a good shot at mid, especially if we keep discovering techs like the Love Jump v2.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum gorl

I'd like to believe, but I have a hard time answering the question "Who is Zelda better than?"

I think Nairo's done enough at this point to show that even if she's bottom of bottom she's still usable though. Either that or he's just exposing everyone's matchup knowledge badly, anyway.
SHe's better than :4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4drmario::4dk::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4myfriends::4metaknight::4palutena::4samus::4wario2::4shulk::4wiifit::4kirby::4megaman::4diddy:

I have a very hard time believing this
It kinda helps that while 50% of the cast hasn't been used in a tournament, Zelda has been used and she's won at most occasions when she is used

I guess I'm a sucker for results

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
It kinda helps that while 50% of the cast hasn't been used in a tournament, Zelda has been used and she's won at most occasions when she is used

I'm basing my feelings mostly off of For Glory matches that I've played so I admit my opinion might not be too great, but it just seems that Zelda has more weaknesses than most of the cast. Whereas I feel a lot of the cast is relatively balanced between strengths/weaknesses, Zelda has crippling flaws that I just don't see present in most other characters...

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Instead of looking at it like "which chars are we better than", I look at her as being roughly on par with a majority of the cast (read: not top tiers). But imo there's no way we're bottom this time. Low at worst, but I think we have a good shot at mid, especially if we keep discovering techs like the Love Jump v2.
That's one way to look at it, I suppose.

I tend to break smash 4's cast up into thirds when I compare it though, and I don't see Zelda being in the upper two thirds.

SHe's better than :4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dk::4myfriends::4metaknight::4palutena::4wario2::4shulk::4wiifit::4megaman::4diddy:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
SHe's better than :4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4drmario::4dk::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4myfriends::4metaknight::4palutena::4samus::4wario2::4shulk::4wiifit::4kirby::4megaman::4diddy:
Whoa whoa whoa there. Hold it.
First, Ganondorf is better than Zelda, no question about it. We have seen significant tourney results, buffs, and a true knowledge of play style.. We also have better MU's that are less polarizing than Zelda's. Also, Shulk and fricken Diddy Kong? Shulk hasn't been doing that great, but people haven't learned his true potential, but fricken Diddy Kong! That thing is upper mid at the very worst!
Listen, I respect you as a player, but you are being extremely foolish and stupid. You have to be real whilst looking at things, but that doesn't mean you can't be optimistic either. This is just foolish.

Farorae

Smash Ace

Honestly I think it's because the few who use her are actually dedicated to her, so not as many people are going to pick her up as those who will just pick sheik/diddy,etc just bc they are top tier

Last edited:
To be fair, Jr. can't do **** against anyone's shield bubble
Shulk hasn't been doing that great, but people haven't learned his true potential, but fricken Diddy Kong! That thing is upper mid at the very worst!
Diddy's top tier at worst

Shulk can't be doing that great when we haven't seen one in a while so basically, he hasn't done anything. This is why I've been wondering why people have such a godlike opinion on him

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Play with Stereo Surround Sound. It is one of the most amazing experiences ever.

I hate FPS's, I never play them, yet I love the Prime series. Why? Prime isn't a first person shooter. It is an exploration, action, puzzle, and adventure game that is in the first person perspective. Yeah, there's shooting, but it definitely isn't like a FPS. Defeating Enemies is like a puzzle, like in the 2D metroids, so the actual shooting isn't exactly the main focus. If you like 3D Zelda's, you are most likely going to adore Metroid Prime.
Also, Metroid Prime has to be the most atmospheric game I have ever played.
I think you'd love Mirror's Edge and A Story About My Uncle then. Maybe the Thief games too. Perhaps The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 and onwards games too. Maybe the Deus Ex games? They're less about shooting/combat and more about exploring, parkour, and thievery.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Soo, I got laid off today. Actually, about half of the people in my job did. Oil is doing very bad and yeah.

If you guys don't hear from me in the next month or so, I'll probably be living in a cardboard box.
guess this is what happens after I leave for a few hours. Not to be an airhead, but I am one of those people who believes everything works itself out in the end. You'll get on your feet, so long as you work for it
Figured fsmash had a high enough launch angle to survive with DI up and toward the stage, but lol ok close enough

Generally I hate alcohol

And I abhor anyone that drinks just to get drunk

But rum is just delicious
i'm more of a rum and coke kinda person
ugh my internets not working well
my game cube wasn't working one day, after 20+ minutes, I punch it and it started working. Oh I love old nintendo

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
First, Ganondorf is better than Zelda, no question about it. We have seen significant tourney results, buffs, and a true knowledge of play style.. We also have better MU's that are less polarizing than Zelda's. Also, Shulk and fricken Diddy Kong? Shulk hasn't been doing that great, but people haven't learned his true potential, but fricken Diddy Kong! That thing is upper mid at the very worst!
Listen, I respect you as a player, but you are being extremely foolish and stupid. You have to be real whilst looking at things, but that doesn't mean you can't be optimistic either. This is just foolish.
Diddy kong was a joke lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
SHe's better than :4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4myfriends::4metaknight::4samus::4wiifit::4kirby::4megaman:
Hey, hey. Hey. I resent that as a SSB4 Falco mod and @ Lozjam Lozjam 's probably going to give you a lecture about the Almighty, Beloved Neko-Lord King of Evil Shenanigans III. I also defend underdogs like Wii Fit Trainer - WOO, go TKBreezy! - and Meta Knight - people asked for him to be nerfed and now they're complaining about it... As for Samus, well, I like Samus. I mean, she has a missiles and bombs! Who doesn't like explosions?! Poyo's Kirby is hilarious and GimR's Mr. Game & Watch is outrageously funny. And Ike's well, Ike.

See? See?! SEEEEEEE!!! Lozjam just gave you a lecture! :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
i'm more of a rum and coke kinda person
me too

I mean I could drink this straight but it's both cheaper and tastier to mix it

Shulk can't be doing that great when we haven't seen one in a while so basically, he hasn't done anything. This is why I've been wondering why people have such a godlike opinion on him
I still don't know what to think about Koopalings because they have some crazy **** and some exploitably vulnerable stuff as well, and I haven't seen enough tournament results to consider where they belong. I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they're worse than Zelda, but I'd like to think disjoints never go out of style.

Most of the Shulk hype is fueled by his massive range, low landing lag nair, and versatility due to Monado Arts I'm sure. People don't consider the frame data.

Mega Man/Wario/Meta Knight/Ike were the main ones that made me smirk.

Last edited:
There's a reply in the Rosalina Mu thread @ Macchiato Macchiato

Do your thing again

Most of the Shulk hype is fueled by his massive range, low landing lag nair, and versatility due to Monado Arts I'm sure. People don't consider the frame data.
That's what I'm thinking but there are those times when people overblow how his frame data is bad which makes him bottom/low tier. Shulk has lag. That's like, instant-not godlike anymore. Shulk's great though because he has a lot of things going for him but he has some noticeable disadvantages like being combo fodder, his recovery being easy to gimp, and his lag (High tier-Mid tier range sounds reasonable at this moment) but not top tier. Lmao

Soul.

>diddy
>upper mid at worst
cool story bro 10/10 for effort though diddy will never get out of top tier

Brawl Diddy > Smash 4 Diddy though

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
There's a reply in the Rosalina Mu thread @ Macchiato Macchiato

Do your thing again

That's what I'm thinking but there are those times when people overblow how his frame data is bad which makes him bottom/low tier. Shulk has lag. That's like, instant-not godlike anymore. Shulk's great though because he has a lot of things going for him but he has some noticeable disadvantages like being combo fodder, his recovery being easy to gimp, and his lag (High tier-Mid tier range sounds reasonable at this moment) but not top tier. Lmao
Psych's pretty great

And yeah, reasonably I see Shulk being somewhere in the 15~30 range. Frame data bad, massive disjoints good, recovery bad, monado arts amazing. Really basic analysis but it feels like it averages out somewhere around (upper-)mid.

I recommend everyone to STAY away from using Diddy. I was thinking for several hours on whether I should second this guy or not because his throw combos felt so villainous and satisfying to land.

STAY AWAY FROM DIDDY. You'll feel like a maniac
Lol what's happening in that MU thread...?
I can smell that the MU thread will stay with the Zelda discussion until one of them give up

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The only thing I like about Shulk is that his Monado Arts reminds me of Dante's Style switching in Devil May Cry 4.

Ha, I found the video that introduced me to Kara no Kyoukai. Here's the song from Kara no Kyoukai that's used in the DMC4 Truestyle Tournament video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7480ZmNOB98.

I recommend everyone to STAY away from using Diddy. I was thinking for several hours on whether I should second this guy or not because his throw combos felt so villainous and satisfying to land.

I can smell that the MU thread will stay with the Zelda discussion until one of them give up
Y'know what's funny? I actually don't know how to use Diddy. The only thing I know about Diddy is D-throw and attempting to land a Uair. Usually, I go for Bair instead and try to land Uairs when people are in the air for some reason. Monkey Flip... yeah, I screw up the move a lot. The Villager, though, takes the cake for I have no idea how the **** you work, followed by Duck Hunt, Olimar, and Rosalina & Luma. Add Jigglypuff to the hodgepodge crew mostly because it just feels weird not having a recovery aside from Rollout. This comes from a player who can do well with Peach, one of the, if not the most technical character in the game.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

I finally faced a Diddy online who knew how to do the Hoo Hah.
I got rekt.
I tried him out in training mode.
Why does this character seem so easy?

Lozjam

Smash Champion

The thing about Shulk, is he has so many variables to keep track of. I've nearly finished unlocking the potential of my Ganondorf, and my Link is coming along. Once I have those characters down, I am going to focus on Shulk, I have a pretty good feeling, that the amazing power Ganondorf mains get with hard reads will unlock Shulk. I feel people in the Smash 4 community in general underestimate the power of hard reads.
I think you'd love Mirror's Edge and A Story About My Uncle then. Maybe the Thief games too. Perhaps The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 and onwards games too. Maybe the Deus Ex games? They're less about shooting/combat and more about exploring, parkour, and thievery.
I really like Fallout, and ES is very iffy for me. But I like Metroid Prime games(and Zelda games) a lot better.
Hey, hey. Hey. I resent that as a SSB4 Falco mod and @ Lozjam Lozjam 's probably going to give you a lecture about the Almighty, Beloved Neko-Lord King of Evil Shenanigans III. I also defend underdogs like Wii Fit Trainer - WOO, go TKBreezy! - and Meta Knight - people asked for him to be nerfed and now they're complaining about it... As for Samus, well, I like Samus. I mean, she has a missiles and bombs! Who doesn't like explosions?! Poyo's Kirby is hilarious and GimR's Mr. Game & Watch is outrageously funny. And Ike's well, Ike.

See? See?! SEEEEEEE!!! Lozjam just gave you a lecture! :p
BAHAHAHAHA!
My King must be defended in his right to the throne! If you would like, I could go more in-depth as well. BAHAHAHAHA!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
All of diddy's buttons combo into other buttons and he has inexplicably low startup/endlag on surprisingly strong and disjointed attacks

I'm not sure what's more confusing; that he didn't get nerfed in 1.0.4, that it took people this long to figure out he was dumb, or that 1.0.4 actually buffed him.

Y'know what's funny? I actually don't know how to use Diddy. The only thing I know about Diddy is D-throw and attempting to land a Uair. Usually, I go for Bair instead and try to land Uairs when people are in the air for some reason. Monkey Flip... yeah, I screw up the move a lot.
I'd chain as much b-airs as I can off from d-throw. Also u-throw -> u-air is the ****. At higher percentages, go for d-throw -> u-air. Monkey flipping + banana = broken. D-throw -> f-air is nuts. Diddy's f-air is legit stupid. After using Diddy, I'd say this is the best f-air in the game by a massive margin. Sheik's f-air is nothing compared to Diddy's f-air
Why does this character seem so easy?
Because he really is easy to use. As for Shulk vs Diddy, I think I've said my piece. Buster/Speed. Respect some moves, unfortunately. Spot dodge. Mid-range strictly/don't rush down/don't play defensively etc. Stuff

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Diddy's f-air is legit stupid. After using Diddy, I'd say this is the best f-air in the game by a massive margin. Sheik's f-air is nothing compared to Diddy's f-air
I am just going to quote this by itself to make sure people read it.

Top Bottom