• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
It was a joke

joke

[johk]
noun

something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce:
Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter:
The loss was no joke.

DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY AND CRY TO A MODERATOR

Thank you for your time~

~fujin

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's stupidly disjointed too.

Even if its range wasn't disjointed its range is hideous for its damage and startup.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"Smashboards - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

:[

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'd chain as much b-airs as I can off from d-throw. Also u-throw -> u-air is the ****. At higher percentages, go for d-throw -> u-air. Monkey flipping + banana = broken. D-throw -> f-air is nuts. Diddy's f-air is legit stupid. After using Diddy, I'd say this is the best f-air in the game by a massive margin. Sheik's f-air is nothing compared to Diddy's f-air

Because he really is easy to use. As for Shulk vs Diddy, I think I've said my piece. Buster/Speed. Respect some moves, unfortunately. Spot dodge. Mid-range strictly/don't rush down/don't play defensively etc. Stuff
Thank you for spreading more filthy Diddy filth knowledge. :p

I don't know, I just never liked Diddy's play style since Brawl. I guess he doesn't click with me like how Jigglypuff doesn't despite that I could learn Jigglypuff and do fine. Falco clicked in a sense I liked his move set, but I just didn't know how to use him competently, Peach just felt natural and fun, especially against newbies who had no idea that Peach could float, (Dark) Pit, I feel, is the beginner's character since anyone could just pick him up and have fun, and Ike, well, I just understood that there is no way you should be charging around with a sword like that.

In some cases, there are stuff that people find easy or difficult and I find the opposite. For one, Demon's Souls. I believe the reason why people think it's so difficult is because recent games drove the mindset of rushdowns. In Demon's Souls. You cannot do that. Similarly, you cannot rush stuff in horror games or Ninja Gaiden. Doing that just gets you killed. So, Demon's Souls ended up feeling tedious, annoying, and sometimes cheap rather than legitimately difficult to me. Bayonetta also felt cheap because of quick time events. I hate QTEs and even Santa Monica Studios regretted popularizing QTEs. Otherwise, Bayonetta was fine and the times I died were when I was too greedy and should have backed off instead of attacking and dying. The innuendos didn't help either. Innuendos are funny at times, but when dragged on like anything, becomes boring or annoying.

Also, whenever I hear monkey sounds in a fighting game, I think of Bruce Lee and Diddy ain't no Bruce Lee. If Bruce Lee was in this game, Diddy would get wrecked harder than Captain Falcon can Falcon Punch a black hole.

Also, can't Dr. Mario combo Bair twice? I think he can and Mario and Luigi can too.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I think right now most of the cast (even Zelda, gasp!) does somewhat well against each other if you leave the obvious top tiers aside. At this point in the meta the balance of the game seems pretty spot on (again, leaving TTs aside). We'll see how it all advances later on. If I'm not mistaken Brawl's meta changed a lot from the start to the end, so...

Hopefully Mewtwo's patch will nerf Diddy :(. I'd hate to have another metagame centered on one character.

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
If I'm not mistaken Brawl's meta changed a lot from the start to the end, so...
Well MK was always #1 the whole way through.

Some of the other higher tiers switched around but didn't generally move much IIRC. ZSS started mid and ended... 3rd best? Too lazy to check. Conversely, I'm pretty sure Zelda was one spot below ZSS in that tier list (which I think was... upper mid? Like two spots from high)... and you know the rest.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Incorrect. I only stated that every zelda considers her to be the worst character. I don't even care about that "incident" @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer didnt even think it was a "incident" to begin with lolol. During that time he saw it himself since me and nakat were looking at the boards of our characters lol. I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody Zeldas fun for me so i'll use her regardless of what other zeldas think. I said I wouldnt go characters I would go at apex as in if im fighting someone who id normally go X character vs il go someone else that isnt X character but that doesn't mean I won't be using her at all at apex we will see.
Actually I think shes mid. But yew go rep for Zelda sis.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Some of the other higher tiers switched around but didn't generally move much IIRC. ZSS started mid and ended... 3rd best? Too lazy to check. Conversely, I'm pretty sure Zelda was one spot below ZSS in that tier list (which I think was... upper mid? Like two spots from high)... and you know the rest.
^^ Zelda was higher than Zss by one spot lmao

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

ROB, G&W and Dedede were all contenders for the same tier MK was in, so that's a thing.

How to nerf Diddy:

Reduce Uair damage by 2%
Reduce Fair priority
Make Dthrow angle wider

That's all I ask Nintendo pls

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Zelda started up being one spot higher than ZSS and then yeah.

And yeah, I know MK was always the #1. What I meant is that if I'm not mistaken the way Brawl was played "correctly" started out very different to how it ended. I don't know if the game was as campy during the very beginning of its run.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Don't you think uair's knockback scaling should be reduced a little bit too? A finisher so early that starts on like frame -10 seems too silly to me.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Villager is actually pretty straightforward as a character. Spam projectiles to get them offstage, then go in horrendously deep with your near god-tier aerials because lol balloon trip. Protips include:

-Don't shieldgrab ever. EVER. It's so slow it can be punished with a smash.
-Instead of shieldgrabbing, try an u-smash oos. It's faster and does more damage.
-Frame 3 nair is love, frame 3 nair is life.
-The slingshot is the most powerful at point blank, and still kills decently well no matter how much you spam.
-Bair is stronger than fair.
-Hit a buried opponent with u-smash instead of f-smash, the multihit of u-smash makes it so the last hit does regular KB.
-Watering can clanks with lots of attacks in general.
-When above your enemy, mix up an air dodge with a b-reverse pocket sometimes.
-The axe is essentially a smash attack that comes out frame 6 and can be used IN THE AIR. think about that.

Does that help at all in understanding Villager?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I guess coffee really likes me. :3

AND BRB TROLLING THE ROSALINA MU THREAD YOU GORLS BETTER BUCKLE UP YEWR SEATBEATS.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Villager is actually pretty straightforward as a character. Spam projectiles to get them offstage, then go in horrendously deep with your near god-tier aerials because lol balloon trip. Protips include:

-Don't shieldgrab ever. EVER. It's so slow it can be punished with a smash.
-Instead of shieldgrabbing, try an u-smash oos. It's faster and does more damage.
-Frame 3 nair is love, frame 3 nair is life.
-The slingshot is the most powerful at point blank, and still kills decently well no matter how much you spam.
-Bair is stronger than fair.
-Hit a buried opponent with u-smash instead of f-smash, the multihit of u-smash makes it so the last hit does regular KB.
-Watering can clanks with lots of attacks in general.
-When above your enemy, mix up an air dodge with a b-reverse pocket sometimes.
-The axe is essentially a smash attack that comes out frame 6 and can be used IN THE AIR. think about that.

Does that help at all in understanding Villager?
No, I'd have to play as, watch, and get beat up by Villager more to understand anything about Villager. I'd rather play as Mega Man, though... >_>

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Zelda started up being one spot higher than ZSS and then yeah.

And yeah, I know MK was always the #1. What I meant is that if I'm not mistaken the way Brawl was played "correctly" started out very different to how it ended. I don't know if the game was as campy during the very beginning of its run.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Don't you think uair's knockback scaling should be reduced a little bit too? A finisher so early that starts on like frame -10 seems too silly to me.
I guess you're right.

More BKB and less KBG would also be fine.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
GORLS I TRIED.

Oh, so yew gorls think that Rosalina actually BEATS Zelda? Pls, do you even know who you're talking about!?

This is the QUEEN of Smash, sass, and rightfully, of kicking *ss we're talking about. No in damn way can Boozelina flip that hair so majestically, that no hair actually gets flipped she literally makes everyone SD because of her elegance, dominance and impudence. And don't even think about saying that Boozelina has better qualities in her figure.

:4zelda: 10 : 0:rosalina: yewr waifu is sh*t folks get rekt smh :^)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well less damage makes it kill later anyway

Personally I'd rather see more startup/end lag because it has way too much power for how fast it comes out, and its FAF is earlier than airdodges so if you airdodge he can just uair again and catch you anyway. A later FAF ruins its damage building at lower percents, too.

Not that I'd complain about knockback reductions but it could just as easily end up like Sheik's fair or Mario's utilt where the lower knockback makes it combo for longer anyway

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Not that I'd complain about knockback reductions but it could just as easily end up like Sheik's fair or Mario's utilt where the lower knockback makes it combo for longer anyway
That's what high base knockback is for.

Higher BKB, destroy its KBG and you won't even have to touch the damage of it.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I hadn't read up on the Rosalina MU thread, and I have to say you did super well @ Macchiato Macchiato . Thumbs up, kiddo :). I learned a lot about Rosa haha.

I don't know any good Rosalina player with whom I can practice so I've always had a pretty hard time going up against her. I'll keep Zelda in mind next time one shows up.

Latte

Smash Ace
Not really a huge change from the last tier list. People need to start being more optimistic to move out of F-Tier.

Optimism Tier List V4.2

4.2 Update List:
  • Changed some users' tiers
  • Added some individual users and the coffee empire--Coffee Pals--to the tier list. Merged @ Macchiato Macchiato with Coffee Pals
  • Assigned numerical values to each tier and added a chart showing each tier's value
  • Added "Shunned" tier
  • Added more notes

Note:
  1. Anyone who does not post in the Zelda boards for over a month will be removed from this list.
  2. If you feel that your tier placement or someone else’s tier placement is wrong, please tell me. Give reasons as to why you believe the tier-placement is incorrect.
  3. If your individual name is not on the tier list, it is assumed that you are F-Tier. If you feel that this is an inaccurate representation of your true tier, please refer to 2.
  4. Faking optimism and pessimism in order to raise or lower your tier is completely allowed. u go gurl, ur a strong independint womin who dont need no rules #rebl #gansta #roknrol

A Tier:

@ Rickster Rickster

Has never given Zelda a degrading name. Claimed that Zelda is mid-tier, and even called himself @Macchiato’s “optimist buddy.”

B Tier:

@D3RK

Made a very nice guide for Zelda which obviously took quite a bit of effort. Has called Zelda "Zelderp."

@JigglyZelda003 (JZ003)

Has never given Zelda a degrading name. Made the Zelda MU thread, which is the reason for JZ003’s solid B-Tier placement.

@BJN39

Has called Zelda “Zeldawful.” Made both the Zelda research/data thread and the thread discussing Zelda’s custom move. Is a moderator on the Zelda boards.

@ Cenizas Cenizas

Has never given Zelda a degrading name. Has once said “Zelda is at least mid,” which is the main reason for his C-Tier placement. More data is needed in order to accurately place Cenizas in a tier.

Coffee Pals

Please refer to the chart at the bottom of this post to see the value of each tier.

@ L Latte -3 Points

@Mocha 0 Points

@ Macchiato Macchiato +4 Points

-3 + 0 + 4 = +1;

+1 = B Tier,

#coffeepals

C Tier:

@UkeNicky

Has never given Zelda a degrading name, and will “support Zelda to the end D:< ;^;.”

F Tier:

Everyone Else

Will make degrading names for Zelda (e.g. Zeldawful) and will cut down everyone's hopes of Zelda one day becoming a viable SSB4 character. Insulting Zelda and laughing when others insult Zelda has become second nature for the F-tier population. Although they know Zelda is awful, they have come to accept Zelda for who she is, and show an undying love for her even though she is sucky and horrible and terrible and bad and tbh she's just plain awful.

The F-Tier group has come to define the entire Zelda board, as evidenced by this YouTube video at around the 1:16 mark.

Null Tier:

@bluecrow

Has never given Zelda a degrading name, though no optimism has been observed.

Shunned Tier:
@Hyrule Candy

Has betrayed Zelda by dropping her for Lucina. During the Zelda Social’s field trip to the Lucina Social, HC spoke lowly of Zelda.

Current numerical values* assigned to each tier:
SSS = 5 Points
SS = 4 Points
S = 3 Points
A = 2 Points
B = 1 Point
N = 0 Points
C = -1 Point
D = -2 Points
F = -3 Points
Sh = -4 Points

*These values are subject to change

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Optimism Tier List

Update List:
  • Changed some users' tiers
  • Added some individual users and the coffee empire--Coffee Pals--to the tier list. Merged @ Macchiato Macchiato with Coffee Pals
  • Assigned numerical values to each tier and added a chart showing each tier's value
  • Added "Shunned" tier
  • Added more notes

Note:
  1. Anyone who does not post in the Zelda boards for over a month will be removed from this list.
  2. If you feel that your or someone else’s tier placement is wrong, please tell me. Give reasons as to why you believe the tier-placement is incorrect.
  3. If your individual name is not on the tier list, it is assumed that you are F-Tier. If you feel that this is an inaccurate representation of your true tier, please refer to 2.
  4. Faking optimism and pessimism in order to raise or lower your tier is completely allowed. u go gurl, ur a strong independint womin who dont need no rules #rebl #gansta #roknrol

A Tier:

@ Rickster Rickster

Has never given Zelda a degrading name. Claimed that Zelda is mid-tier, and even called himself @Macchiato’s “optimist buddy.”

B Tier:

@D3RK

Made a very nice guide for Zelda which obviously took quite a bit of effort. Has called Zelda "Zelderp."

@JigglyZelda003 (JZ003)

Has never given Zelda a degrading name. Made the Zelda MU thread, which is the reason for JZ003’s solid B-Tier placement.

@BJN39

Has called Zelda “Zeldawful.” Made both the Zelda research/data thread and the thread discussing Zelda’s custom move. Is a moderator on the Zelda boards.

@ Cenizas Cenizas

Has never given Zelda a degrading name. Has once said “Zelda is at least mid,” which is the main reason for his C-Tier placement. More data is needed in order to accurately place Cenizas in a tier.

Coffee Pals

Please refer to the chart at the bottom of this post to see the value of each tier.

@ L Latte -3 Points

@Mocha 0 Points

@ Macchiato Macchiato +4 Points

-3 + 0 + 4 = +1;

+1 = B Tier,

#coffeepals

C Tier:

@UkeNicky

Has never given Zelda a degrading name, and will “support Zelda to the end D:< ;^;.”

F Tier:

Everyone Else

Will make degrading names for Zelda (e.g. Zeldawful) and will cut down everyone's hopes of Zelda one day becoming a viable SSB4 character. Insulting Zelda and laughing when others insult Zelda has become second nature for the F-tier population. Although they know Zelda is awful, they have come to accept Zelda for who she is, and show an undying love for her even though she is sucky and horrible and terrible and bad and tbh she's just plain awful.

The F-Tier group has come to define the entire Zelda board, as evidenced by this YouTube video at around the 1:16 mark.

Null Tier:

@bluecrow

Has never given Zelda a degrading name, though no optimism has been observed.

Shunned Tier:

@Hyrule Candy

Has betrayed Zelda by dropping her for Lucina. During the Zelda Social’s field trip to the Lucina Social, HC spoke lowly of Zelda.

Current numerical values* assigned to each tier:
SSS = 5 Points
SS = 4 Points
S = 3 Points
A = 2 Points
B = 1 Point
N = 0 Points
C = -1 Point
D = -2 Points
F = -3 Points
Sh = -4 Points

*These values are subject to change[/spoiler]
Wait would we have 2 points since im a SSS optimistist

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Can I make a request to be on D tier? I did make that whiffed lightning kick comic but I don't think she's as complete as utter garbage as Fs u_u

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That's what high base knockback is for.

Higher BKB, destroy its KBG and you won't even have to touch the damage of it.
After killing a 0% Shulk with max rage Luma dair I'm really skeptical about how healthy increased bkb is in a game with rage.

It would depend heavily on how much BKB it'd take to effectively limit uair combos though.

I'm still largely more bothered by the fact that the attack is the speed of Luigi nair with more reward but less commitment.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ L Latte , is that the video of Nairo's Zelda everyone was talking about? If so, then I need to see it... NOW.

Top Bottom