• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I saw the problem with For Glory on twitter. I heard it has something to do with memory. I guess I'll stick to studying finals.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Re: the game/system breaking error, I thought it was most likely caused by shutting the system down while it was auto-saving? Of course, it does not tell you when it is auto-saving, so the safest thing to do is back out to the title screen, wait a moment, and then use the Home button to return to the Wii menu.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Hold on. Apparently people are saying the update data in the disc is the problem?

If that were the case, wouldn't this be a widespread problem we were all aware of by the first weekend? I'm thoroughly confused.

Someone tell me how I could prevent this from happening to me. Sign off Smash entirely? Disconnect my Wii U from the internet? Am I perhaps immune from this problem? I've played a lot of Smash since Nov. 21 and had no problems, apparently some people are getting this problem one or two times from when they first booted up their system.

Last edited:

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Hold on. Apparently people are saying the update data in the disc is the problem?

If that were the case, wouldn't this be a widespread problem we were all aware of by the first weekend? I'm thoroughly confused.

Someone tell me how I could prevent this from happening to me. Sign off Smash entirely? Disconnect my Wii U from the internet?
Did you notice my post? I don't know for sure, but I have heard the problem is caused by shutting the Wii U down while Smash is auto-saving. This corrupts the data in a bad way.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Did you notice my post? I don't know for sure, but I have heard the problem is caused by shutting the Wii U down while Smash is auto-saving. This corrupts the data in a bad way.
Missed it in my obvious panic, my apologies.

Sounds like a solid hunch. I'm taking preemptive measures to prevent something happening on my Wii U. My two sisters would be devastated. It's not fun managing mopey preteen girls with my finals only three weeks from now with currently absent parents.

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Woah so apparently we shouldn't play For Glory on the Wii U? A little alarming, to say the least.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
After reading about how this glitch can brick your whole system, I'm not even going to risk powering my system up until it's fixed.

Thanks for the warning @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Casually watches @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Dthrow Bowser at 999% in tutorial video while non-chalantly explaining things in his dapper Australian manner.

On another note, so many fun things you can do with Dair this time around~

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright, misinformation everyone. This is what happens when you jump on the media bandwagon too fast. Some select Wii Us are defective and thus that error can generate. Has NOTHING to do with Smash Wii U itself, as other games have triggered the error as well. This only has happened to a small portion of unlucky people with defective Wii Us, so ENJOY SMASH EVERYONE.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2o2ems/error_1600103_its_not_smash/

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Good god I love Faroe's wind, it is so fun to use, way easier to land than I expected, and looks so masterful when you pull it off. What I love about Zelda is that all of her moves are so flashy and look really epic when you pull them off. Pulling them off is difficult yes, but it's so satisfying when you do. Winning as Zelda always looks like you are masterful, and makes onlookers go "woah". Such a fun character to play.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Winning as Zelda always looks like you are masterful, and makes onlookers go "woah". Such a fun character to play.
I agree.

Well, unless you're PM Zelda.

Then everyone hates you and every good play you make is discredited or ignored, and then your char is complained at, all the way to nerfdom.

Last edited:

Sugar Cookie

Smash Rookie
I think all u zelda mains should have more faith in zelda not being bottom tier because she's not bad. I can't see her as bottom

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I think all u zelda mains should have more faith in zelda not being bottom tier because she's not bad. I can't see her as bottom
Well let's say being better than 9 chars (Roughly 1/5 of the cast.) makes Zelda not low tier. THEORETICALLY.

Now tell me 9 chars who are worse off than Zelda.

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
So my Wii U arrives, from Best Buy. I had purchased the Best Buy Black Friday deal, which comes with Smash and a copy of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (yes!). I open the box it was shipped in, and.... Smash and Tropical Freeze hadn't arrived yet.

I was so ready to see Zelda's dress in HD!

Sugar Cookie

Smash Rookie
Well let's say being better than 9 chars (Roughly 1/5 of the cast.) makes Zelda not low tier. THEORETICALLY.

Now tell me 9 chars who are worse off than Zelda.
Falco
Dk
Charizard
Olimar
Swordfighter
Wii fit trainer
Kirby
Dr. Mario
Bowser
Luigi
Meta knight

That's more then 9

And there's probably more

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I really don't think Zelda is bottom tier this time. She can really be quite formidable in the right hands. However, her badish MUs with the top tiers WILL hurt her tier placement, but I don't think it will absolutely kill her viability.

I think she's only bottom tier on the current "tier lists" because no one knows how to handle her but us. :cool:

And Nairo's recent Zelda tourney play is fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgys4-SkTWE&list=UU5WNBHwgluAwWJE5QV-5_TA&channel=CLASHTournaments

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiUeqvKoi20&list=UU5WNBHwgluAwWJE5QV-5_TA&channel=CLASHTournaments

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Falco NO
Dk NO
Charizard
Olimar
Swordfighter UNSURE
Wii fit trainer NO
Kirby NO
Dr. Mario
Bowser NO
Luigi
Meta knight LOLNO

That's more then 9

I'm sorry, but Lolno. I'll only give you 5 of those. But let's ask some more Zeldas:

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer @ Mocha Mocha @ Rion Rion @ GameAngel64 GameAngel64 (Some Zeldas) are any (Or how many) of these chars worse than Zelda?

Last edited:

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much agree with your assessment, BJN39... but I am not sure that Luigi and Dr. Mario are necessarily worse than Zelda. Usually seem like pretty even matchups when the opponent knows what they are doing. And of course, it is probably too early to judge. Zelda seemed mid-tier last time too and sunk like a rock.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
My only concern is that I feel Nairo's been using Zelda a lot less recently, in favour of Robin and Dark Pit which are indisputably better characters. And we don't see any other Zelda player who's making a huge splash in the big tournaments, so that definitely hurts her hypothetical tier placement.

I've heard from a lot of people that Mii Swordfighter is absolute garbage, but I've NEVER seen one being played, so I don't know. The only characters that I'm honestly on the fence of saying that are worst than Zelda are MAYBE Olimar and Ganondorf. Oh, and @ BJN39 BJN39 you'll probably hate me for saying this, but I think WFT is also worse than Zelda. </3

But they can be basement sisters 5ever tbh~ ccc:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Zelda? Wii Fit Trainer?

Why is this the only damn image of them together that isn't NSFW.

Sugar Cookie

Smash Rookie
My only concern is that I feel Nairo's been using Zelda a lot less recently, in favour of Robin and Dark Pit which are indisputably better characters. And we don't see any other Zelda player who's making a huge splash in the big tournaments, so that definitely hurts her hypothetical tier placement
He just used her at CT crossfire and why don't u guys go to tournaments and help advance her metagame too. Tbh I think she was bottom tier in brawl was because barely anyone advanced her meta game because she wasn't played at tournaments enough and characters like MK, Snake, ICs, Marth kept improving because people kept using them and I believe if more people use her and discover more she could be better

I'm sorry, but Lolno. I'll only give you 5 of those. But let's ask some more Zeldas:

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer @ Mocha Mocha @ Rion Rion @ GameAngel64 GameAngel64 (Some Zeldas) are any (Or how many) of these chars worse than Zelda?
How the **** is falco better?
He has laggy moves in general, Horrible air moves, bad projectile game, not a lot of options. I see him as possibly the worst.
Sorry to say this but I honestly think zeldas better. She has better range, kill power, etc. I'm not saying wii fit trainer is bad. I don't think she's better than zelda. The only character I consider bad are charizard and swordfighter.
I don't see DK that good tbh. Even in tournaments they're a breeze to get through.
And I forgot to add ganondorf to the list.
I'm not saying she's like high tier but Im sure she's not bottom

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Link was wishing that he was part of the basement clan.

Alas, he's a grown man now and has graduated from the basement. But these two still need to get some training done~

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Winning as Zelda always looks like you are masterful, and makes onlookers go "woah". Such a fun character to play.
I think the word you're looking for is "gimmicky".

Falco
Dk
Charizard
Olimar
Swordfighter
Wii fit trainer
Kirby
Dr. Mario
Bowser
Luigi
Meta knight

That's more then 9

Bowser, Olimar and MK are...worse than Zelda?

I really don't think Zelda is bottom tier this time. She can really be quite formidable in the right hands.

After reading half of one page I regret coming to this board, once again.

So the the logical non casual, non moron Zelda players here (Aero, Mocha, Cour, BJ, etc.), I haven't been using her much cause she simply isn't even fun and is clearly terrible.

Have I missed any real Zeldawful discussion?

I know u tilt functions sort of like Toon Link/Mario's up tilt and can combo a little.
F tilt has more range than F smash.
Up smash is really awful.
Farore's is still essentially a gimmick.
Only good/decent phantom is the uncharged one most of the time.
Someone said her pivot grab got...nerfed?

Is there anything interesting that she has worth talking about?

Im a little curious about how Nayru's is different, it seems to have different invincibility frames or something.
There are a lot of things that end up going through Nayru's that wouldn't have gone through the brawl one but it's probably just me using the Brawl Nayru's timing.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think the word you're looking for is "gimmicky".

Bowser, Olimar and MK are...worse than Zelda?

After reading half of one page I regret coming to this board, once again.

Well I never said she wasn't bad. I just said she's not bottom, and can be better in the right hands (but she's still bad).

And it's nice to see some more sassy gifs around here.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sorry Fuujin, buT once you step onTo the Zeldaboards train, there's no stopping it, no matter where iT's going. <3

*don'thurtmepls*

Top Bottom