• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Lucina might be worse than Zelda tbh. Zelda at least applies pressure offstage, and her Dtilt and Utilt are more useful.
Lucina atm is like a MUCH worse Marth.

And Mii Sword doesn't look particularly strong either....

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Lucina might be worse than Zelda tbh. Zelda at least applies pressure offstage, and her Dtilt and Utilt are more useful.
Lucina atm is like a MUCH worse Marth.

And Mii Sword doesn't look particularly strong either....
no

no no no

Marth is still marth, and Lucina is just a slightly inferior marth, don't let shaya's crazy talk suck you in, they're both good characters

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
This is one thing that really bothers me about "top players" like him.

No shade, Nairo is a good player and all but this kid is used to winning things with a character that was largely better than everyone else in the Brawl.
He was trying to be cute and all claiming to be one of the "best Brawl Zelda's" we all know his ass was tier who.ring it up with MK.

It's like these types of people think because they won or placed well in big tournaments with MK/Snake/Diddy in Brawl that they're qualified to tell you more about the character you've been using at a high level for years, while they were out playing with MK.
Then to top it off, when he tries to talk about our character he shows his ass by saying things like "Din's fire has the same hitbox as brawl" and ends up looking dumb.

Like sis sit that ass DOWNE and go play Diddy, you never repped Zelda in Brawl because she was bad and you won't be doing it now.
Don't front.
This is why I have no hesitation when it comes to clocking him.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Currently LOLing at the fact that there's a toilet paper ad on this page

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
So, is our consensus that she's worse than Brawl Zelda?

I never thought it was possible, but I think it's true.
More nerfs than buffs in this game.

I don't know much about the other characters in this game but I would safely assume she's bottom 3.
Without a doubt bottom 5.

How different is Ganon?

M@v

Subarashii!
I wouldn't say worse...too hard to tell this early. Definitely not good though that's for sure.

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
ganon is also worse but his custom moves make up for it
meanwhile zelda's customs..........,,,,,
What is worse about Ganon, other than side b being tech-able?

And do you think she's worse than Brawl Zelda?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What is worse about Ganon, other than side b being tech-able?

And do you think she's worse than Brawl Zelda?
range nerfs across the board

dair got nerfed (no more autocancel dair)

that said i think they buffed d and f tilt and usmash

I think she's worse than Brawl Zelda. People are heralding the fact that she can combo out of throws as something game changing, but everyone else can do this too, all it does is means that if you're not the ****tier player that you can get more damage off on people

What I'm trying to say is that, yes, definitely bottom 5 and worse than brawl, but more usuable because you can pursue your lead so much better now.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
She's better than Brawl Zelda. She mostly got buffed but they just aren't useful enough. Why they gave her nerfs is beyond me. Shey hurt way more than I had thought, especially Usmash. It just got *****. Awful range, slow start-up, laggy... wtf are we supposed to do with this move??

Ganondorf is better than Zelda imo.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
She's better than Brawl Zelda. She mostly got buffed but they just aren't useful enough. Why they gave her nerfs is beyond me.
A lot of people say this, and I mean no disrespect but where are the supposed buffs?

Jab - unchanged
ftilt - nerfed
dtilt - nerfed (still good tho)
utilt - honestly was retooled, i miss being able to kill with it because we have no reliable vertical killers now
dash attack - unchanged

f-smash - nerfed
usmash - gutted
dsmash - nerfed

f/bair - unchanged
uair - nerfed
dair - buffed kinda
nair - nerfed

dins - nerfed
nayrus - retooled
farore's wind - buffed
phantom - technically a nerf since we cant rise 30+ places on the tier list

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't say worse...too hard to tell this early. Definitely not good though that's for sure.
I genuinely think she is, I know the metagame hasn't developed but she lost a lot of what she had in Brawl for...a killing Farore's wind....

Like where do we go from here?

Pretty much the best thing she had going for her was her smash attacks and d tilt, and those got nerfed.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
going to be completely real here

give her back her brawl smash attacks and ftilt/dtilt and we'd have a solid mid tier character

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
She's better than Brawl Zelda. She mostly got buffed but they just aren't useful enough. Why they gave her nerfs is beyond me. Shey hurt way more than I had thought, especially Usmash. It just got *****. Awful range, slow start-up, laggy... wtf are we supposed to do with this move??

Ganondorf is better than Zelda imo.
Explain the "mostly buffed" part...

From my perspective she got

Buffs:
Farore's
Grab
U tilt
Nayru's
Jab
Maybe down air?

Nerfs:
F air (ending lag)
B air (ending lag)
U air
N air(range and damage)
Up smash
D smash(speed)
D tilt
Din's
D throw
Dash attack

Quite a bit more nerfs than buffs

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I guess it's just me who can't do stuff with Lucina, if I play super patient and camp, I get a mediocre reward with Zelda, below-decent with Marth, and almost none with Lucina.

If I play aggro I get wrecked with any.

Anyway, with Zelda's useful tilts and actual combos into LKs, I can't see her as a Bottom-Tier character (actually, I can't think of any straight-out bottom tier character ATM, unless we think of Customs banned, in which case, Ganondorf is still terrible).

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
A lot of people say this, and I mean no disrespect but where are the supposed buffs?

Jab - unchanged
ftilt - nerfed
dtilt - nerfed (still good tho)
utilt - honestly was retooled, i miss being able to kill with it because we have no reliable vertical killers now
dash attack - unchanged

f-smash - nerfed
usmash - gutted
dsmash - nerfed

f/bair - unchanged
uair - nerfed
dair - buffed kinda
nair - nerfed

dins - nerfed
nayrus - retooled
farore's wind - buffed
phantom - technically a nerf since we cant rise 30+ places on the tier list
I didn't know Ftilt, Fsmash and Nair got nerfed. How did they? Dtilt is arguable since you it still kind of sets up for other moves, even if so far we haven't really found any solid ones. Utilt in itself is better now. I miss the killing move too but Brawl Utilt was waaaay too slow to EVER hit. That said with the new Dtilt I think the Brawl Utilt might actually have been a better idea ._.

Uair should be nerfed 'kinda' is Dair is also buffed 'kinda'. They both still not that amazing but at least we havesome set-upsfor Uair and Dair is better for spikes.

Retooled = better. Farore's wind buff is HUGE now and bigger than any buff she has because she can actually recover now. As a killing move it kills ******** early, but it is still held back by many flaws so I don't believe it's that good of a move to use for combat. That said it is very good for recovering. Recovering used to be one of her main weaknesses but she now has one of the best reoveries in the game. That alone makes her better than Brawl Zelda where you might as well just suicide when you get sent off stage.

Dins is better than in Brawl imo. Don't get me wrong, I think this move is one of the worst moves in the game because it will still never ever hit. The thing is, when you do happen to hit with this move you actually get a reward since the sweetspot kills super early. In Brawl they would only get tickled and nothing more. Just like Brawl you are still never going to hit with this **** thing, but at least it high risk/high reward instead or high risk/LOL reward. It doesn't really matter that much though since the move is still crap anyway.

Ew why am I defending Zelda. Really, I think she's pretty crappy but Brawl Zelda was just hell. Melee Zelda is her best version so far since she at least has three very good and reliable moves (kicks and Dsmash). I don't think I would call any of her moves very good in this game.

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
going to be completely real here

give her back her brawl smash attacks and ftilt/dtilt and we'd have a solid mid tier character

I think she would still have the major approach problem, probably a solid upper low tier character.

What she has needed since day one was a better Din's Fire imo.
With a solid projectile she could actually force an approach, which is what she wants to do.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ftilt worse angle, less ko potential, less damage

Nair less damage by 50-75%

Fsmash is even more unreliable than brawl

Top Bottom