• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Holy Mother Jesus Pickles. Certainly exploded in here a bit (though with Fuujin back, it seems that was inevitable)!

Personally, if you just mishmashed parts of every Zelda iteration of Smash (with a few bigger changes), she'd probably be pretty good to use!

Jab - Wii U + faster
Ftilt - Change this completely possibly.
FSmash - Wii U that -doesn't- flub
Dtilt - Brawl
Dsmash - Brawl but with bonus LK sweetspots (half kidding)
Utilt - Brawl
Usmash - Brawl + no flubbing

Nair - Brawl + better connecting hits + copy paste the hitboxes so that they're also at her lower body level (two rows of sparkles, if you can imagine)
Fair - Change this completely
Bair - Melee Function (and flub) + Brawl strength sweetspots.
Dair - Wii U
Uair - Brawl

Grab - Wii U + Faster + I want some Ness Bthrow kill potential somewhere.

Din's - Change this completely
Nayru - Wii U + overlapping invul frames
Farore's - Wii U + Maybe being able to shorten the distance like in PM?
Phantom - Make it storeable + less blind spots + better connecting hits with the full charge. Also give it shield breaker properties.

- Ftilt maybe could be changed to be something akin to Marth's Ftilt? But if you have the Usmash + Utilt as listed, that might not be as big an issue.

- I would personally like Fair to be something non-sweetspotted. Imagine the last hit of Fsmash, but as an aerial move.

- I really enjoyed the trap/mine Din's from PM. Though with less kill potential (since Phantom Slash with it's tweaks would already serve as her "long range" killer).

Hopefully I didn't miss anything critical but... I think that covers most of her way too glaring issues. Personally, if you're going to make Zelda a glass cannon concept, she needs a hell lotta cannon to make up for it with a side of extra reliability.

Also whoa, is there some playing going on? I'm kind of interested!

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Gg Fuujin. Have to go now, but it was fun! c:

Got bodied a few matches though, haha.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Zelda dittos are still pretty awful in this game lol.

The Nayru's thing is super funny though.

Rion I added you, we can play now.
You host.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Rion, I'll add you and battle you some other time! ^^

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I played against some Ohio for glory badlord and had less lag than I thought to the point where it was quite playable.

If any American's have goddess tier internet like me, we should play.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
So why does her recovery do that sometimes?
Like bounces off the ledge in dumb angles?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I stood on battlefields lowest platform and teleported down and towards the stage and it was like

No.

And teleported me offstage

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was the longest string of LKs I have ever done in my actual life.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Nayru's is really different in this game.
Like your jab just went through the active hit boxes.

And apparently the last hit box is a lot bigger it seems.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I think so, the reflection/invicibilty frames have to be different too.
Cause I just used Din's Fire on him while he was in the air, and the move came out, but he still got hit by it.
Like the crystal was around him as he was getting hit away.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
For fun, spam Nayru's while getting multijabbed. You don't get any hitboxes though.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Fuujin and I were having some Nayru's action on each other at point blank for a good 15 seconds. Results were... interesting to say the least.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'd like to play some of you guys later! I've never played against another high level Zelda...

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Hm, don't think I've even done dittos before. I haven't seen ANYONE use Zelda online yet...

Edit: I killed someone with Ferrari's Farore's Wind at like 47% the other day, da eff?!

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Which means For Glory not as much. Actually, haven't even touched For Glory since I heard about the game-breaking glitch thing...

Damn it, I wanna spectate people playing. Anyone gonna play in the next 2 hours or so? I feel like doing rotations or watching people play

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Which means For Glory not as much. Actually, haven't even touched For Glory since I heard about the game-breaking glitch thing...

Damn it, I wanna spectate people playing. Anyone gonna play in the next 2 hours or so? I feel like doing rotations or watching people play
Didn't someone say that was related to certain Wii U's and not the game?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Mocha Mocha , The error is because of the Wii U itself, and not the Sm4sh game. It's actually something that happened with other games in the past, and it's caused by a defective Wii U. If you've been playing all this time with no problems, you shouldn't get the error.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Idk but anywho. Doesn't Palutena feel harder to use for you on the Wii U? Maybe it's just me...
Hmm not for me, she feels better.
But pretty much ANYONE feels better than on the 3DS, I hated the 3DS.

Paletuna is like everything Zelda wishes she could be imo.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Whoops! Sorry there, had to do somethin for my dad haha.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Mocha Mocha , The error is because of the Wii U itself, and not the Sm4sh game. It's actually something that happened with other games in the past, and it's caused by a defective Wii U. If you've been playing all this time with no problems, you shouldn't get the error.
Thanks for the head's up (:

And Fuj, yeah I know. I couldn't use Zelda at all on the 3DS... thought there was something wrong with me. But she feels like a different char than the 3DS, for me anyway. Bad or not, least our inputs actually come out for the most part.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Wow, I'd love to watch your matches.

The one day I leave this thread and it lights up like a f***ing Christmas Tree.

I'm of the belief that Zelda's Utilt should be a faster version of Link's Utilt. Comboable at low %s, but a reliable vertical kill move at 115-130%.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I wanna watch too. If you guys are still playing by the time I get home from work, mind if I spectated? and brought the lag?

Oh speaking of wifi, let us discuss what we think are wifi moves with Zelda. In Brawl, the answer was quite obvious, but in this game, it feels a bit different. Imo the wifi moves of Zelda for me, personally are:

Farore's Wind: Pretty self-explanatory. Your opponent shields too late, or lets go of the shield too soon, and they get hit.

Dash Attack: I feel like I get away with this waaaaay more than I'm supposed to, especially if I'm trolling randoms online who like to spam dash attacks with almost any character.

Nayru's Love: Such a wifi move lmao... my opponents always get hit by this...

Hm, anything else I'm missing? I guess Din's Fire and Phantom can be wifi to a lesser extent, or even Down Tilt fishing.

Top Bottom