• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
FW will ride in the direction whose angle made to the wall is greater.

Note the angle.

Of course, though...

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
FW will ride in the direction whose angle made to the wall is greater.

Note the angle.

Of course, though...

Huh. That actually makes sense. Thanks for this!
And LOL "Em barrassing Farore's"

It also just occurred to me that we could use Farore's Squall (the windbox one) to easily test the behavior of the teleport, since you can see exactly where she goes. So that move DOES have a use...

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Nice job as always, Ed! No matter what, we're pretty proud of what you do with the hime-sama. :3

Going back to that FW topic from earlier, it's true that the beginning few frames of the respawn animation has no invincibility. I was trying to aim my FW against a Ness using PK Thunder 1. The electricity (ie useless stuff) around his body actually beat FW lol.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
The dissatisfaction came out of losing to someone I've held down since the beginning of time. Certainly a level up on his end but just that "I hate losing no Matter where my placement is" kinda feeling.

Got a ton of cleaning up to do with both Zelda and Sheik lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Like yes and no to this. I don't think she's top 5 like everyone else thinks since she's so gimped in killing potential.

If and whenever they do a new patch, all I want is lagless kicks. It is literally the bane of existence.
im sorry they nerfed your ludicrous down b so that it kills at reasonable percents now.

its unfortunate because I loved dying at 70% as bowser!

Kriscake

Smash Rookie
Alright, finally with the release of the WiiU version of smash in EU a couple of days ago I've been able to have a tinker with Zelda both in the offline and online modes.

I'm personally finding her a bit easier to aim and maneuver FW with the GC controller so them aimed shots at the shy and predicting roll patterns makes it more of an offensive option compared to the 3DS.

I also don't know if it's just me but I feel the KB of her Neutral A jab has been increased or something because I have killed a lot of unsuspecting opponents off the ledge while they were in mid animation of another attack leaving them unable to recover by the time they realize.

One thing I really dislike however is that I found Nayru to have been nerfed somewhat as the crystals take a little longer to appear and at times I find I am being launched and grabbed while still crystalized so this must be something I hope they fix in future patches.

Overall mostly happy with her HD makeover, all her costumes look amazing in 1080p with lighting/sheen effects!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
not sure if it's worth a new topic or not but

Nice guide! It's a great introduction to Zelda. It stayed simple and didn't get too complicated. Although I was a little surprised you didn't go for a kick after those Nairs, lol.

Are you planning an "advanced" version of these? It could be a good followup video, if you wanted to make more.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Nice guide! It's a great introduction to Zelda. It stayed simple and didn't get too complicated. Although I was a little surprised you didn't go for a kick after those Nairs, lol.

Are you planning an "advanced" version of these? It could be a good followup video, if you wanted to make more.
Depends really. In my experience "advanced" stuff is far more subjective than basic things. Plus it doesn't help that Zelda's pretty binary anyway =P

Regarding kicks, I'm always wary of using them because missing means you get punished more often than not ;__;

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That's a nice guide indeed! I just don't understand why you think that Farore comboing into itself is useless, as it can work as a good KO below 100%. Situational, but deadly if done right.

Also, it took me about 15 minutes to see your name above Zelda.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Depends really. In my experience "advanced" stuff is far more subjective than basic things. Plus it doesn't help that Zelda's pretty binary anyway =P

Regarding kicks, I'm always wary of using them because missing means you get punished more often than not ;__;
By advanced I was meaning maybe show some ledge cancel stuff, when to use which moves, etc. Specifics, you could say. Maybe talk some about reading and predicting, since Zelda thrives off of those.

Fair enough on the kick followups. I don't always go for the extra aerial, and sometimes I use nair again instead. I mostly use it for damage racking, and to see how they react after the first Nair, so I can prepare a punish next time. I also probably play Zelda a little more aggressively than most. I blame FG players that don't know how to do anything out of hitstun, lol.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
So. r/smashbros just released its updated monthly voting tier lists.

Zelda remains at the bottom. No placement change for her. No surprise.

Characters like Shulk and Ike took big leaps (thanks to 1.0.4) while others like Little Mac and Dr. Mario took heavy tumbles.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I submitted your videos to Eventhubs, Aerodrome! Here's hoping they'll share it on their site for many to see! ^^

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's a nice guide indeed! I just don't understand why you think that Farore comboing into itself is useless, as it can work as a good KO below 100%. Situational, but deadly if done right.

Also, it took me about 15 minutes to see your name above Zelda.
I think it's not useless, but if you miss you're screwed. It's also not the fastest punish in the world, but yeah useless probably wasnt the right word.
So. r/smashbros just released its updated monthly voting tier lists.

Zelda remains at the bottom. No placement change for her. No surprise.

Characters like Shulk and Ike took big leaps (thanks to 1.0.4) while others like Little Mac and Dr. Mario took heavy tumbles.
It's funny how small nerfs can really hurt public reception of a character. Little Mac is still really strong imo.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
It's true though, that list shows community favoritism. Any purely community voted tier list is destined to be full of "interesting" placements.

Someone mentioned slightly higher kill percents. I think blastzones were made smaller. Bair kills Mario from the middle of FD at 84% on the Wii U version and 89% in the 3DS version. The FW self-combo kills him at 75% on the 3DS but at 66%(!!!) on the Wii U.

I used standard FD for these tests. Everything of Zelda kills slightly earlier in the Wii U. Shorter matches, ho!

Last edited:

Arwon

Smash Apprentice
I swear dash attack is killing way earlier on the Wii-U. Like just over 100% at the edge of a stage if it sweetspots just right?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think it's not useless, but if you miss you're screwed. It's also not the fastest punish in the world, but yeah useless probably wasnt the right word.
Yep, it sure is risky, like the rest of Zelda's moveset.

Sometimes, I wonder if Zelda is not designed by the fact she took a risk in OoT by revealing she is Sheik.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
after some roll glory play yesterday I am now on the OoS faroes band wagon. It really us helpful on getting that earlier kill than normal. One time I prayed for it to work because I was trapped.

popularity tier list aside. Its looking pretty universal that swordsman is assumed to be the worst character in the game.

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
That combo video is pretty nice. I'm gonna start using up throw, neutral a, tilt up a.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
50 matches played, 84% win rate on For Glory, whoop whoop.

Could of been higher if I didn't SD against this Ike player that I was dominating, lol. Also, losing to those campy roll-fest Link, Ness and Rosalina players too, good game to me.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I was surprised that I even have a 76% win rate on roll glory. Cuz' I'm so bad at this game. x 3 x

Though, I AM using 90% Zelda, so........ ;3

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Best parts about playing Roll Glory is that even after you lose to some roll spamming chump, you'll probably be able to kick their butt next match, and then start 2 stocking them over and over till they quit on you. <3

And sometimes, I just go brainf*** them with Ganondorf, and then switch back to Zelda and kick their butts after like so. cccc:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Did everyone already know about the smaller blastzones? I feel stupid now.

FG is sooo easy as Ike, Ganondorf, Bowser, DK, etc.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I didn't know the blast zones got smaller. I just thought that the vectoring nerf meant people couldn't live until 180%+ anymore.

I'm terrible at this game so I haven't checked my For Glory winrate. I used to check it on the 3ds but then I felt bad because I was just beating some really awful people (the kind who Jolt Haymaker off the side of the stage, constantly roll into your attacks, and never airdodge).

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
The win rate I have on the Wii U is 87.5% but I've only played 32 games. I'm guessing after the new players get better or leave For Glory my win rate will go down.
My win rate on the 3DS version is 56.80% after 375 matches which is pretty good.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
GUYS DON'T PLAY FOR GLORY RIGHT NOW. There's a glitch that when sometimes playing For Glory, the game will get an error and suddenly become UNPLAYABLE.

STICK WITH OFFLINE PLAY OR ONLINE AGAINST FRIENDS UNTIL AN UPDATE HAPPENS.

Top Bottom