• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I loooooooove Dissidia so much. But I was sooooo bad in the game.

That's why Exdeath was the best. Just sit there and win, gg no re. :^)
Exdeath has some severe problems to be honest lol.....

Dissidia 012 is amazingly fun and high level play vs top players makes it sooo much more fun :D
People underestimate the quality of the game vs players by quite alot.

Once you learn how2 use Assists properly, the game becomes intensely complex + amazing strategic +++ it opens ALOT in the game's Top Tier play n holy moly it just gets more n more fun. It's a very under-rated game ^^

By the way......,
who did you play ? o:

I mained Kefka + subbed Kuja , Jecht , Exdeath, and The Lord Emperor of Hell <3

I've also got a Youtube account if your interested to see how I play n have fun :3

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowFlareSpam?feature=mhee

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yay! I (re)started a MU discussion on the Falco boards... sort of. It's more like a here's this thread and if things happen, then things happen. Please things happen, it's so lonely over there. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Nah, I'm just a daffy duck. :smash:

My game plan in For Glory and For Fun: Shoot me again! I enjoy it! I love the smell of burnt feathers and gunpowder and cordite!
I love you for always referencing my childhood Toons <3

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yay! I (re)started a MU discussion on the Falco boards... sort of. It's more like a here's this thread and if things happen, then things happen. Please things happen, it's so lonely over there. :sadeyes:
At least you can eat your bread in peace.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
At least you can eat your bread in peace.
But it's all soggy from my tears... :sadeyes:

Speaking of bread, well, hot dogs in this case, and even if you don't like the recent Looney Tunes Show, this scene is hilarious.

... I feel apprehensive about starting up the Mario MU thread again. Why? Well, you might know why or rather who. That and the OP had it tied with Dr. Mario so it might be really chaotic. Oh well, I'll reintroduce the Mega Man MU thread and notify the Mega Men. Time to be an annoying Roll.

I might just make a ton of threads, but I feel like 50 some threads in one day will **** off the overlords and overladies. Oh, and I should be doing homework... Oh well.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've actually played sm4sh multiplayer in at least a week now.

I'm afraid to see what the rust is like.

Also, I just noticed this section of the site. Interesting info.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've actually played sm4sh multiplayer in at least a week now.

I'm afraid to see what the rust is like.

Also, I just noticed this section of the site. Interesting info.
Damn, Zelda's almost at the bottom. Seriously, Wario needs more representation along with the Pits, Jigglypuff, Pac-Man, Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, and more. Oh, and dear Farore, Diddy Kong...

Edit: I feel like making a Zelda MU thread... Welp, off to the wasteland. :p

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Here's the link to the thread: SSB4 Falco Matchup Discussion 04 - Zelda - Fuujins Allowed. It'll be my last thread of the day.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
No first place finishes for Gunner, Swordfighter, Samus, Falco, or G&W is kind of sad.

Actually surprised at Gunner being down there, but I guess the character doesn't have any representation (especially if tournaments are banning miis or using apex rules regarding them).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Has Captain Falcon ever placed first? I see him a lot, but I don't recall him placing first. At least Luigi placed first at BEAST 5 to mix things up. J. MILLER THE KILLER! HELLS YEAH!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Has Captain Falcon ever placed first? I see him a lot, but I don't recall him placing first. At least Luigi placed first at BEAST 5 to mix things up. J. MILLER THE KILLER! HELLS YEAH!
There's buttons to show by top 16/8/1 placings.

7 recorded 1st place finishes for Falcon.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've been into the older Bugs Bunny cartoons lately. The first several are weird and unapologeticly racist, that 30s and 40s era :facepalm: But after that they become rather amusing.
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/bugs-bunny
Eh, back then, everyone was pretty much openly racist and it was funny, but now we're all way too politically correct. In a way, the ability to laugh at yourself and at stereotypes are a good thing. Yes, stereotypes shouldn't be driven into people's ideas of people, but stereotypes do exist. So, you shouldn't be blatantly racist and prejudice that it's more of an attack; there's a fine line of funny and offensive. Humor was always an important part of life to me. It's like what Orvus said, "And remember, the universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Whenever some people talk about how good Shulk is and how he's possibly top 10, I wonder why they think that. He's amazing in theory but in practice, it's hard as **** to actually do THAT well. Maybe it's difficult to play like that at the moment. Idk.

Last edited:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Whenever some people talk about how good Shulk is and how he's possibly top 10, I wonder why they think that. He's amazing in theory but in practice, it's hard as **** to actually do THAT well. Maybe it's difficult to play like that at the moment. Idk.
Difficulty doesn't matter in regards to tier lists, since they're about (or at least are intended to be about) how characters perform at the highest known level of play.

But yeah, his range + ability to hit-and-run + ability to become ridiculously heavy all suggest that top 10 is possible... although it's a bit hard to say just yet. Oh, and whilst I normally find critiques that counters are "overpowered" rather unconvincing, but Shulk's counter specifically can definitely be a bit too strong at times.

It was strong enough to cause upsets. I've seen a lot of upsets because of the counter

Also, his attacks are on the laggy end and his recovery is easy to edgeguard unless you got jump art ready. I still think he's good. Eh, we'll see. I think Shulk players (myself included) aren't being creative enough with the arts

Rizen

Smash Legend
Difficulty to play can matter since the Brawl metagame ended up being mostly about limiting the opponent's options. SSB4 meta probably will too. Characters with good, safe, easy options generally do the best.

Difficulty to play can matter since the Brawl metagame ended up being mostly about limiting the opponent's options. SSB4 meta probably will too. Characters with good, safe, easy options generally do the best.
That's basically what I was thinking too. I think Shulk is difficult to master AND difficult to use.

But by difficult to use, I meant purely when to activate this and that art or how to get creative with them. Maybe the right word for Shulk isn't "difficult" but rather "complicated"

Also off topic but, I think I should give P.T. a shot but I have to find a PS4 somewhere

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
By the way......,
who did you play ? o:
I mingled more with the original Dissidia and not 012, so I have no idea how to work with assists haha.

Mained Exdeath for kicks, and used Terra from time to time. c:

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
So I finally got that Zelda replay I was talking about. This is my first For Glory match as Zelda and I'd just like to thank this Will guy for being my first opponent.

I also forgot to mention Zelda's dash attack in my analysis. It seems greatly buffed; it's faster and seems to link into itself and other attacks and it still has moderate kill power (though not as much as in Brawl). It's legitimately a good move.

Zelda's dash attack is pretty good for a dash attack imo (key word: for a dash attack)

@ Ffamran Ffamran I'm gonna try posting in the Falco boards just when I feel like it. Or if you tag me. For this week, I decided to try out discussing 2 characters at the same time. It's working so far. Plus, I made cool titles! Like for Sheik, I called her the better Zelda

You should also rename the Falco video thread btw

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I still sometimes forget that you can't use love jumping in this game. It's amusing when I try to do it sometimes.

@ Jaguar360 Jaguar360 Not bad for first match - and I learned something from watching in that you can up air Pacman's hydrant lol. Dash attack is a good wifi move, and for a lot of characters (Rosalina's especially makes me rage something fierce). For offline, just be careful so that you don't get shield grabbed too much.

Oh and Zelda can dash grab after a jab at low-mid percents. Or try to anyway :]

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Shulk is complicated and if you can't get that good rhythm going you end up looking clunky. i think he could be top 10 but might be hard to go higher unless your just an exceptional player or you just link with Shulk so well. like i've yet to see anyone use Jump as effectively for offense as Trela's old Shulk vids.

but Vision is the best counter lol

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I still sometimes forget that you can't use love jumping in this game. It's amusing when I try to do it sometimes.

@ Jaguar360 Jaguar360 Not bad for first match - and I learned something from watching in that you can up air Pacman's hydrant lol. Dash attack is a good wifi move, and for a lot of characters (Rosalina's especially makes me rage something fierce). For offline, just be careful so that you don't get shield grabbed too much.

Oh and Zelda can dash grab after a jab at low-mid percents. Or try to anyway :]
If yew aren't at work, yew wanna play?

Shulk is complicated and if you can't get that good rhythm going you end up looking clunky. i think he could be top 10 but might be hard to go higher unless your just an exceptional player or you just link with Shulk so well. like i've yet to see anyone use Jump as effectively for offense as Trela's old Shulk vids.

but Vision is the best counter lol
Trela is the only Shulk I know that can perfectly utilize jump so well. He practically owns jump art.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It was strong enough to cause upsets. I've seen a lot of upsets because of the counter

Also, his attacks are on the laggy end and his recovery is easy to edgeguard unless you got jump art ready. I still think he's good. Eh, we'll see. I think Shulk players (myself included) aren't being creative enough with the arts
You should've watched some of Trela's stuff before he stopped playing him. He did interesting things with Jump and shield.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
If yew aren't at work, yew wanna play?
My coffee sis, I'm always at work throughout the day pretty much, though not usually on weekends (which is probably your best bet at catching me). Today I'll also be taking evening classes after work so I won't be home till like 10 pm.

You should get an account at NDJ, as bad as that site is, their chat frequently has people looking for games, plus they're better than what you'll encounter on For Glory... usually.

*Edit*

Trela stopped using Shulk already? Aww, who is he using now? Also, why no Lucario love? That char is a terror to fight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom