• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I used the windbox on Rosalina's neutralB wand wave to push a Jiggs off the ledge after she whiffed Rest once.

Real disrespect.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
You know how awkward it will be for @ Macchiato Macchiato to go back to that Lucina arena thingy that they're setting up? I mean, he was the one that brought us to them saying that the Mopcina gorls needed some Zelda to beat up, and lo and behold, he's suddenly on our side. :p

Oh, and here's something for the video archive. A random combo video on the 3DS I posted here like... 2 months ago?

http://youtu.be/BylRco1owHo
for the arena im using lucy tho.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Wow who'd think Ganon's u-tilt would be so much better on Sm4sh? :O
Idk he had that 0-death combo in melee
I used the windbox on Rosalina's neutralB wand wave to push a Jiggs off the ledge after she whiffed Rest once.

Real disrespect.
I saw someone break shield and just fight with luma, think it was at paragon too

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So we were invited to a expo tournament. Saturday will feature 3DS and Sunday will be WiiU's.
The stagelists are hideous.

3DS has as starter only FD or Omegas, and as CPs Battlefield and YI:B.
Wii U's wasn't too bad, Starters: FD, BF, Lylat, T&C or Smashville, CPs: Delfino, Kongo, Skyloft, Norfair, PS2, Halberd, Siege, DH, and Pilotwings. Except for the last one, the list was lovely.

Soul.

"Just fight with Luma"
ayy lmao I didn't know you could just fight with Luma
The stagelists are hideous.

3DS has as starter only FD or Omegas, and as CPs Battlefield and YI:B
No Prism Tower on 3DS.
I am disappointed.
edit: FD-only neutral
lol we for glory now

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Counter, Counter, Counter. It was so funny.
Counters and perfect Blocks are sooo fun doe <3
( atleast if your a player who goes by visual indication/Hitboxes and not spamming like a scrub lol )

Not sure it works viably in Smash however :awesome:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I saw someone break shield and just fight with luma, think it was at paragon too
I remember iggy mentioning this tactic early in the 3DS' life

I've only gotten to try it by intentionally running into Jiggs' Sing then usmashing with Luma though, usually if something breaks my shield as Rosalina it probably took Luma out too. Or at least knocked it away.

Soul.

( atleast if your a player who goes by visual indication/Hitboxes and not spamming like a scrub lol )

Well it works.... if you get reads that is. Counters are meh to me.
But yeah as long as scrubs don't spam it it's fine.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

It actually works kind of in teams since your teammate can protect you from punishes.
Warlock Punch plus Fire Hydrant new meta.

EDIT: Stealing your pages like how Farore's steals kills.
FLUDD is where its at.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I thought for sure I was going to show up in this at some point lmao

I've died to volcano kick twice, both times because I underestimated the hitbox; once standing just past the windbox range, once hanging on the ledge thinking he was using it at a distance to punish ledge getup/roll.

It's so rare that Dedede's fsmash ever works out for me, best case scenario is they get clipped by the shockwave in most cases. I gave up on going for it awhile ago.
I think I was caught by a Volcano Kick and I didn't know it could break shields. Well, for some reason, the dude didn't punish properly and I survived. Another time, I just walked into a Volcano Kick. I have weird habits of walking straight into attacks and not doing anything - I don't input anything, but walk towards my opponent.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Well it works.... if you get reads that is. Counters are meh to me.
I haven't found my joy in Counters for Smash just yet, but back when 012's online scene was a thing I played this Tree

Notorious for having being the only player with reflexes to completely " Wall " my opponents in my prime and it was the most satisfying thing ever <333
( omg the salt / ragequits tho lol ).

It's fun to be Frame Perfect, trust me ! ^^

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
3DS has as starter only FD or Omegas, and as CPs Battlefield and YI:B.
Gross.

Wii U's wasn't too bad, Starters: FD, BF, Lylat, T&C or Smashville, CPs: Delfino, Kongo, Skyloft, Norfair, PS2, Halberd, Siege, DH, and Pilotwings. Except for the last one, the list was lovely.
Hot. Aside from Pilotwings, anyway.

Then again, that stage is great news for a Meta Knight main, no? :smirk:

Let me tell you about counters.

Soul.

I haven't found my joy in Counters for Smash just yet, but back when 012's online scene was a thing I played this Tree

Notorious for having being the only player with reflexes to completely " Wall " my opponents in my prime and it was the most satisfying thing ever <333
( omg the salt / ragequits tho lol ).
if you want to see what a real competitive game is, watch Mario Kart Wii clan matches and you'll see the beauty that thing is. :troll:

Last edited:

Soul.

Why have Smash Counters always been awful ? ;-;
because characters have other things to do than just stand there, using down b and wait for your opponent to react. there are some exceptions, such as the Frog Pokémon that got banned by Lord Smogon.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
because characters have other things to do than just stand there, using down b and wait for your opponent to react. there are some exceptions, such as the Frog Pokémon that got banned by Lord Smogon.
Yeah, that's very true for most games.
A few have a character centered around it w/ perfect blocking and counters tho since they've zero damage options/kill methods.
I tend to love them tho :u

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ew....,
he died for it....

Why have Smash Counters always been awful ? ;-;
Admittedly it's my fault for not looking at Mario's percent first. I thought I'd at least get to hit him instead of the other way around though, lol

Soul.

Yeah, that's very true for most games.
A few have a character centered around it w/ perfect blocking and counters tho since they've zero damage options/kill methods.
I tend to love them tho :u
By "most games" are you talking about arcade fighting games or something?
-insert Pokkén Tournament here. lolnarutogames-

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
By "most games" are you talking about arcade fighting games or something?
-insert Pokkén Tournament here. lolnarutogames-
Fighting games.
Most however ( as you said ) have other things to do along with perfect blocks / counters.
The most severe cases I've encountered were old NES games and 012 where Exdeath moved and attacked so slow that landing any hit at all vs a competent opponent required perfect Block timing vs 11-18 Frame Pokes + his damage output was 10 on average in a game where everyone else was capable of doing 600-1000+ per Non-Assist Combo per Hit Confirm.

Last edited:

Soul.

Fighting games.
Most however ( as you said ) have other things to do along with perfect blocks / counters.
The most severe cases I've encountered were old NES games and 012 where Exdeath moved and attacked so slow that landing any hit at all vs a competent opponent required perfect Block timing vs 11-18 Frame Pokes + his damage output was 10 on average in a game where everyone else was capable of doing 600-1000+ per Non-Assist Combo per Hit Confirm.
damage output is 10....
rest is 600-1000+...
wat LOL

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
WAT
Can someone explain what happened?
Was that electroshock?
Someone on the dark pit board found that using aerial upperdash/electroshock while facing away from a slope makes you slide up it really fast.

I tried it on Yoshi's Island and got that.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
damage output is 10....
rest is 600-1000+...
wat LOL
lol yup
Not every character was created equally xP

Worked on a BRV / HP system,
every Character has a " Base BRV " depending on your equipment/Build you chose which averaged around 1000 and if you depleted the opponent's BRV completely, you gained 2000 for causing a " BRV Break ".

you could stock BRV, but couldn't kill with it.
To kill, only HP attacks actually takes off HP depending on your BRV when you hit.
( Exdeath could only land HPs if he Blocked > Countered )

Some of the most damaging combos in the game were up to 6000 BRV+ and Zidane could kill in only two 11 Frame Hit confirms if he had assist lead ( average HP = 10,000 and ZidAeris combo did 7000+ ).

Last edited:

Soul.

lol yup

Worked on a BRV / HP system,
every Character has a " Base BRV " depending on your equipment/Build you chose which averaged around 1000 and if you depleted the opponent's BRV completely, you gained 2000 for causing a " BRV Break ".

you could stock BRV, but couldn't kill with it.
To kill, only HP attacks actually takes off HP depending on your BRV when you hit.
( Exdeath could only land HPs if he Blocked > Countered )

Some of the most damaging combos in the game were up to 6000 BRV+ and Zidane could kill in only two 11 Frame Hit confirms if he had assist lead ( average HP = 10,000 and ZidAeris combo did 7000+ ).
....I don't understand this at all. lmao xD

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
lol yup
and so the words were spoken and the smash goddess created

Someone on the dark pit board found that using aerial upperdash/electroshock while facing away from a slope makes you slide up it really fast.

I tried it on Yoshi's Island and got that.
you test regular pit yet?

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
....I don't understand this at all. lmao xD
My bad lol xP

It's quite complicated, but it's stupid fun playing in global tournys or with friends ^^

Maybe this'll help <3

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
It works with both.

Messing around with other characters right now and Robin can do it with Gliding Elwind, as well as Captain Falcon with sideB 3 (though his sucks).
Guess I have someone else to do this week while I work on/test pit numbers
also if it only works with a custom, it automatically sucks.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Ugh I can't believe roll cancelled grab isn't in the newest version, it was the greatest troll move ever

btw, how do you know where to angle Farore's for dthrow to riding the elevator of death? Is there a certain place the opponent will always end up or do you just have to take a guess on their DI?
Weeell grounded disappear hits them at a 90 degree angle (no DI) with high base knock back and low growth. This is why the second hit almost always hits.

Aerial disappear hits them at either a 100 or 80 degree angle, depending on what side of Zelda hit them. The base KB for this one is lower, but I think the growth is about the same. Sooo the 2 hits don't combo into each other in the air until like 90%.

So to answer your original question, teleport at a 100 or 80 degree angle, depending on which side if Zelda hits them. Just move the control stick very slightly to the side instead of straight up. But make sure they have somewhat high % or the hits won't connect. Hope this helped!

Top Bottom