• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Melee Pichu is total troll material.

Dthrow tech chases.
Uair & Nair spam.
Close to instant recovery after Up B

Uair & Nair spam

Yeah :3

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Here's some appropriate WiiFit Trainer quotes to keep you motivated. :D

:4wiifit:"Work hard to tone that tummy." "Work towards strong firm abs." "Let's tone up those legs." "Firm up those abs." "Feel the burn in your thighs and glutes." "Tuck in those glutes!":4wiifit:

Just be sure to post your results! :smash:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
so Lucario really can't kill if she has no Aura. i don't think i've ever gotten to 200% on roll glory ever until today lol
I put 230% or so on a Bowser once as Greninja. Not knowing what kills with Greninja other than Fair and Up Smash made it really difficult.

Oh, and there was that one time where a Jigglypuff survived up to 177% while I was Ike. Nothing killed the stupid thing. You'd think Ike burping on the stupid puffball would kill it, but nope. I end up landing a Bair and killing it, but that was 190%... Really? I hate lag sometimes...

I think I got someone close to 200% as Dr. Mario and couldn't kill with anything. I was in such disbelief that I stopped taking the battle seriously. If Dr. Mario can't kill at 200%, then there is something wrong with the world.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
If Zelda ever became high tier I don't know what would I do...

In what way did they change the Zora Link thing, by any chance? Is there a video?
inb4 GameXplain Gyorg boss battle
This time around, when you press the Dive button, instead of shooting out and leaving the little trails of water behind him swiftly he starts swimming like a regular human being like TP Link did when wearing the Zora armor.

Soul.

This time around, when you press the Dive button, instead of shooting out and leaving the little trails of water behind him swiftly he starts swimming like a regular human being like TP Link did when wearing the Zora armor.
wow thats sad
mm3d confirmed fake :/

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
so Lucario really can't kill if she has no Aura. i don't think i've ever gotten to 200% on roll glory ever until today lol
Lucario without aura is a pretty sad case.

I think he can still KO with (utilt/dthrow/uthrow>)uair when he's at 25% and the opponent's around 130%, if I properly remember my lab session the other day.

I put 230% or so on a Bowser once as Greninja. Not knowing what kills with Greninja other than Fair and Up Smash made it really difficult.

Oh, and there was that one time where a Jigglypuff survived up to 177% while I was Ike. Nothing killed the stupid thing. You'd think Ike burping on the stupid puffball would kill it, but nope. I end up landing a Bair and killing it, but that was 190%... Really? I hate lag sometimes...

I think I got someone close to 200% as Dr. Mario and couldn't kill with anything. I was in such disbelief that I stopped taking the battle seriously. If Dr. Mario can't kill at 200%, then there is something wrong with the world.
Fair barely even feels like it counts as a KO move after 1.0.4. Fair/uair knockback nerfs make me angrier than anything else that Greninja got in that patch. I didn't realize how bad it was until I picked up Rosalina and was literally KOing 30~60% earlier. My Greninja KOs that aren't bair gimps are usually either fsmash around 140~160% or Substitute(>uair) above 80%; rarely I'll get a Shadow Sneak edgeguard or sweetspot usmash, but people seem to be wary of those options when they're near KO percents.

I had a similar experience when I last tried Ike (vs Peach). I just attributed it to lack of character knowledge though; I haven't looked into Ike much and just picked him for giggles.

Also fun fact Dr. Mario's usmash KOs at the same percent as Mario's despite being stronger because of a more horizontal launch angle and lower base knockback. Haven't looked into other moves, I was just curious about it after watching Ally and realized there isn't a stronger Mario usmash.

wow

wooooooooooow

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Last edited:

Soul.

I can live with it...even though they should have left it alone...:ohwell:
They should have left it alone, but they wanted to make the game accessible while keeping the same level of difficulty as the N64 version. Now all of this may be wrong but yeah, I barely play Zelda games. Last one I played was OoT 3D lol.
Lucario without aura is a pretty sad case.

I think he can still KO with (utilt/dthrow/uthrow>)uair when he's at 25% and the opponent's around 130%, if I properly remember my lab session the other day.

Fair barely even feels like it counts as a KO move after 1.0.4. Fair/uair knockback nerfs make me angrier than anything else that Greninja got in that patch. I didn't realize how bad it was until I picked up Rosalina and was literally KOing 30~60% earlier. My Greninja KOs that aren't bair gimps are usually either fsmash around 140~160% or Substitute(>uair) above 80%; rarely I'll get a Shadow Sneak edgeguard or sweetspot usmash, but people seem to be wary of those options when they're near KO percents.

I had a similar experience when I last tried Ike (vs Peach). I just attributed it to lack of character knowledge though; I haven't looked into Ike much and just picked him for giggles.

Also fun fact Dr. Mario's usmash KOs at the same percent as Mario's despite being stronger because of a more horizontal launch angle and lower base knockback. Haven't looked into other moves, I was just curious about it after watching Ally and realized there isn't a stronger Mario usmash.

wow

wooooooooooow

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
lucario without aura is like having kirby without inhale

Last edited:

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
People seem to selectively forget this when they complain about Lucario. While it is totally true that Lucario is overpowered at higher aura, he cant really do anything at low Aura. I play a very defensive Lucario and try to wittle opponent down over time, I try my best not to get hit. I know that eventually I will get hit and reach high aura, but I'm in no rush to get there. Sometimes that creates situations where I'm at around 10% and the opponent is nearing 200%. While I'm clearly winning, it's frustrating that I have so little kill potential with my moves that it's dragging the game out that long. A good forward smash read could still end the game at that point, but it's still a little frustrating.

I suppose that's the trade off for Fsmash/side B grabs kills around 40% if i live high enough though.

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
stand and hold smash. then sometimes people run into it
I never used to do this because I always thought it as just asking for punishment. However a friend suggested it as a mind game tactic and it's surprising how many people actually do run face first into a fully charged FSmash. Perhaps it's them being a tad too early to try and punish the smash , but it's gotten me a few KO's.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I never used to do this because I always thought it as just asking for punishment. However a friend suggested it as a mind game tactic and it's surprising how many people actually do run face first into a fully charged FSmash. Perhaps it's them being a tad too early to try and punish the smash , but it's gotten me a few KO's.
Many people don't expect it and think that an above average player would not fully charge it in front of them. Then they run at yew expecting to punish, but instead they like die.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
People seem to selectively forget this when they complain about Lucario. While it is totally true that Lucario is overpowered at higher aura, he cant really do anything at low Aura. I play a very defensive Lucario and try to wittle opponent down over time, I try my best not to get hit. I know that eventually I will get hit and reach high aura, but I'm in no rush to get there. Sometimes that creates situations where I'm at around 10% and the opponent is nearing 200%. While I'm clearly winning, it's frustrating that I have so little kill potential with my moves that it's dragging the game out that long. A good forward smash read could still end the game at that point, but it's still a little frustrating.

I suppose that's the trade off for Fsmash/side B grabs kills around 40% if i live high enough though.
This is a good chunk of the reason why I haven't made an attempt to main Lucario in this game yet. Variable power levels are obnoxious to deal with, and I can't really tolerate the volatility it creates.

...says the Rosalina main. But even if Luma's dead, a 0% Rosalina can kill a ~140% opponent at least; I don't need them to close the percent gap before I can kill them.

After seeing all the charged usmash KOs Ally's gotten in tournaments, I don't question anything anymore.

Soul.

Yeah I was super sad when I saw :(.

I'm still gonna lose myself in this game for like 75 decades though.

Also haw haw I got this page etc.
walkthroughs. walkthroughs. What I hate about Zelda games is that once you 100% the game there is nothing else to do.

stand and hold smash. then sometimes people run into it
I tried doing that in Scrub Glory and all the scrubs did was dash and roll back.

"I'm no Superman!"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I just don't know how to use Greninja well even before patch 1.04. Greninja is more of a dorky, funky type of character to me.

The issue with Ike is that he was pretty much my secondary alongside Fox, my crutch character for Brawl and back. Snake was my main because I was in Metal Gear hype and I just recently played MGS3 and found out about the BAMF. I know Ike pretty well, so there is absolutely no reason aside from items and stupid walls that Ike cannot kill at above 100%, especially against Jigglypuff, the lightest character in the game. I even landed a Fair and nothing happened. This was after patch 1.04 meaning vectoring wasn't involved. Still, holy ****, why is this stupid thing almost to 200% before it died?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
On Love jumping, I think its might be better than brawls since yew can make the momentum move toward your opponent. It could take them by surprise and is a good tool.

I'm guilty of this lmao
Gorl, yew are guilty for doing it tew. I feel for it so many times in our matches gorl

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda was high tier in Melee for a short time because she has a godly roll.

What's a good cardio for the rest day? I can do 15 push ups at any given time but 100 is ridiculous.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
On Love jumping, I think its might be better than brawls since yew can make the momentum move toward your opponent. It could take them by surprise and is a good tool.

Gorl, yew are guilty for doing it tew. I feel for it so many times in our matches gorl
Does anything combo out of Nayru's? lighting kicks plz lol If so, Zelda now has an insane counterattacking option

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So I was registering codes for Club Nintendo since I might as well right?
Apparently you can't do the same game twice so is there anyone that wants to trade codes of a NA version of Smash 3DS?

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Once a sister, always a sister.

I dropped Zelda at the beginning of Smash 4 but picked her up again after settling in here. Resistance was futile.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I just don't know how to use Greninja well even before patch 1.04. Greninja is more of a dorky, funky type of character to me.

The issue with Ike is that he was pretty much my secondary alongside Fox, my crutch character for Brawl and back. Snake was my main because I was in Metal Gear hype and I just recently played MGS3 and found out about the BAMF. I know Ike pretty well, so there is absolutely no reason aside from items and stupid walls that Ike cannot kill at above 100%, especially against Jigglypuff, the lightest character in the game. I even landed a Fair and nothing happened. This was after patch 1.04 meaning vectoring wasn't involved. Still, holy ****, why is this stupid thing almost to 200% before it died?
Well he had a much easier time killing before 1.0.4. Fair and uair could both KO around 110% iirc and could be combo'd into off uthrow, dash attack, dtilt, or weak hit nair. Usmash's hitbox was better (I feel like it actually has less range than Sheik's now) as well as the side hits being stronger, and of course less punishable...I suppose I can see why the aerials got their kill power nerfed considering the ease of comboing into them, but those nerfs also felt like the breaking point for him being a high tier threat to me.

Stale fair? Though even then I think it's one of Ike's weaker KO moves; bair, ftilt, and utilt are his stronger go-tos, no?

He knew all along omg
That didn't take long.

Soul.

The day Sakuratena makes Zelda fashionable and functional is the day we together reach sass nirvana.
Preach. Preach. Preach.
I don't even use Zelda so, uh, whatevs? For a moment I thought you said Palutena but you're talking about Sakurai himself loool.

Top Bottom