• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So, I am going to get Metroid Prime Trilogy in a couple of days on Wii VC. Ohhhhh yeahhh! The only other thing I need from the Wii era is Radiant Dawn(Nintendo, while you're at it, release Path of Radiance too please)

In other news, there is now evidence to conclude that Chorus kids were in the game, along with a chorus kids stage, a doctor mario stage, a swap note stage, and the return of.... Hanenbrow.....

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I would, yes, but you always catch me when I'm at work lol. Depending on our time difference (It's 2 PM here for me) I should be available to play this evening. Hopefully my mehness lately won't affect my gameplay, though I doubt it won't, so it'll be an easy peezy win for you :p
Ok how about in 3 hours?

Soul.

Speculation is boring and you know it.
Straw grasping is boring. Meh.
Eh. I can't tell if Smash 4 speculation was a disaster or was it gold. How was Brawl speculation?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Eh. I can't tell if Smash 4 speculation was a disaster or was it gold. How was Brawl speculation?
when people made things like this
it was truly beautiful

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
How was Brawl speculation?
I remember being absolutely positive that Blaziken and Ridley were going to be in Brawl

then being utterly confused at what this Lucario thing was and devastated that Mewtwo was removed

Soul.

when people made things like this
it was truly beautiful
I remember this video lmao. There was also one about an anime (not sure about the name, it was Clanna something) that had a guy crying because of the Ice Climbers not being in the roster. Duck Hunt was in the video and laughed rofl.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Speculation is incredibly fun and you know it. Some of the best times I have had was speculation over Zelda Wii U. It isn't straw grasping either, I merely stated fact, and it is interesting because there is prospect for DLC. We still do not have a full idea of what the free DLC will entail. It could very well be just the miiverse stage, tournament mode, and Mewtwo, but I think it's interesting to see all of this evidence.

Soul.

Speculation is incredibly fun and you know it. Some of the best times I have had was speculation over Zelda Wii U. It isn't straw grasping either, I merely stated fact, and it is interesting because there is prospect for DLC. We still do not have a full idea of what the free DLC will entail. It could very well be just the miiverse stage, tournament mode, and Mewtwo, but I think it's interesting to see all of this evidence.
It is fun for you and everyone else, but I don't feel like wasting time straw grasping about characters.
I'd rather see the competitive potential of the game. We all have opinions.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Omg a Lucy destroying in a regional tournament

BrolyLegs:4lucina: vs wil HUD:4yoshi::4duckhunt:
http://youtu.be/oNqsmhN-vLA

BrolyLegs:4lucina: vs GimR:4falco:
http://youtu.be/ZPc1H5u_ZyA

BrolyLegs:4lucina: vs GimR:4gaw:
http://youtu.be/mnuVBZPfYAI

BrolyLegs:4lucina: vs Mahgmittoc:4diddy:
http://youtu.be/b9yDWVIhucU
Pretty inspirational stuff, especially considering his handicap. Who would've thought you can play Smash without your hands? I think I remember BrolyLegs as a Street Fighter player though, nice to see him play some Smash.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I think people are just sleeping.

Speaking of fitness, I tried to do pushups the other day and I managed 15.

How unimpressive, so I've made it a goal to be able to do 100 consecutive pushups thanks to training guides I've read on the net.

I'm not sure how helpful this will be but day 2 is tomorrow so...
If you're using the regime I think you're using, it does work :p

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
(thanks for the :4link: , ganonsis)

It seems the guy is kinda grasping at straws. The whole Dr. Mario stage thing makes no sense to me. Just because the viruses were planned to be in the game in some fashion doesn't mean they'd be a stage hazard. imo, it's more likely they were planned to be an assist trophy.

smashbros donkeykong starfox kirby fzero metroid mother pokemon zelda mario yoshi
fireemblem gamewatch
pikmin wario palutena famicomrobot sonic plankton touch doubutsu
wiifit xenoblade punchout duckhunt rhythm rockman
nintendogs miiplaza pacman tomodachi wreckingcrew
wuhuisland miiverse lightplane braintraining balloonfight diary etc
this part makes no sense to me, either. for all I know, he could've just made that list up and added the bolded words to it. that seems more likely to me, anyway.

tbh i don't care about the chorus kids at all and i'm glad they aren't in the game.

edit:
Classes cancelled for the rest of today and tomorrow.

This snowstorm is going to be epic.
They still haven't cancelled school for me. They didn't even cancel after-school activities. my school district's superintendent is infamous for not cancelling school. like one time we had to go to school even though it was like -40 degrees one day. i'll cry if she doesn't cancel tomorrow.

update: school just got cancelled. tybg

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
So, I am going to get Metroid Prime Trilogy in a couple of days on Wii VC. Ohhhhh yeahhh! The only other thing I need from the Wii era is Radiant Dawn(Nintendo, while you're at it, release Path of Radiance too please)
Ugh, if only they put Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii U VC instead of unnecessarily porting it for the New 3DS. Missed opportunity.

Here's to hoping the value in my physical copy of MP: Trilogy (the metal-casing, artwork/timeline/poster) doesn't go down too much.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Pretty inspirational stuff, especially considering his handicap. Who would've thought you can play Smash without your hands? I think I remember BrolyLegs as a Street Fighter player though, nice to see him play some Smash.
Oh wow, I had no idea this guy existed! That's actually amazing~

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ugh, if only they put Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii U VC instead of unnecessarily porting it for the New 3DS. Missed opportunity.

Here's to hoping the value in my physical copy of MP: Trilogy (the metal-casing, artwork/timeline/poster) doesn't go down too much.
I know.... I would rather play it on Wii U than 3DS.... Especially since Xenoblade Chronicles 3D has no changes to the actual game...

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah, I agreed to do it with a group of friends some years back to try and keep them motivated, hahha. I have to say, it does work! One of them didn't manage the 100 by the end but he was doing like 3 when he first started and ended up doing at least 60 I think? So yeah I'd say it works pretty well overall.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I've been having my day off of school thanks to the blizzard, though my teachers keep giving me assignments and stuff. Eh, can't have too much fun I guess.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Assist trophies run at 30 on the 3DS, and the system chugs it's frame rate rate quite often, especially on local play. Even on 1v1's the system can lag just against CPU's. So yes, the 3ds version does run at 60fps, but it drops frames very easily.
If it's dropping to the 40FPS range then it's not that noticeable, but if it dropped to 30FPS, then yes, it would be strange. If you want horrible frame rate, go play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for the PS3. Here's a rundown of what happens: low frame rate, frame drops, frame skips, and the game loading mid-game meaning you get to see **** like Ezio on a horse stuck in midair.

I've had worse experiences with ports like Saints Row 2, generally badly polished games, and I gamed with a crappy desktop before which ran Fable: TLC at sub 15FPS. 30FPS is fine, 60FPS is ideal, but if the game stutters so many times that it drops to 15FPS from 60FPS, then that game was poorly developed, especially if the stupid thing looks old as sin despite being developed recently and runs worse than Crysis 3 at max settings.

Oh, and I swear the Pikmin are rendered at sub 30FPS on the 3DS. They're so damned choppy compared to everything.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
If it's dropping to the 40FPS range then it's not that noticeable, but if it dropped to 30FPS, then yes, it would be strange. If you want horrible frame rate, go play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for the PS3. Here's a rundown of what happens: low frame rate, frame drops, frame skips, and the game loading mid-game meaning you get to see **** like Ezio on a horse stuck in mid-air. I've had worse experiences with ports like Saints Row 2, generally badly polished games, and I gamed with a crappy desktop before which ran Fable: TLC at sub 15FPS. 30FPS is fine, 60FPS is ideal, but if the game stutters so many times that it drops to 15FPS from 60FPS, then that game was poorly developed, especially if the stupid thing looks old as sin despite being developed recently and runs worse than Crysis 3 at max settings.
I've had some regular matches in Smash 3DS, where the game stutters to 20 fps.............. This wasn't on online btw, this was just a regular match against CPU's.......

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've had some regular matches in Smash 3DS, where the game stutters to 20 fps.............. This wasn't on online btw, this was just a regular match against CPU's.......
I've never had that happen. Could it be your 3DS is aging? My PS3 for example stuttered with Darksiders when it didn't on my first run; same with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time when nobody else had that problem. It only happens to certain games and I did backup and formatted the hard drive, but nothing really changed. I think it's just the PS3 getting old which is funny since the PS2 and Wii are doing fine despite me owning them for longer.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This... This is the only thing that comes to mind when I saw the title. Spoilered because it's a bit risqué. :p

Oh, and there's this.

Top Bottom