• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
falcos bair is NOTHING like wolf's bair
It looks the same as Wolf's Bair! They're even used in the same way except Falco's horrid air mobility makes it less as effective as an approach tool and the lack of a front kick makes it less "safe". Oh, yeah, I know that Falco's Bair from Melee and Brawl were used like that as well, but compared to Fox's Bair, Falco and Wolf's Bair just do the same thing with their range, kill potential, and as of SSB4, animation.

Falco's SSB4 Bair.

Wolf's Bair here.

The sad part is that I think Falco may have kept his Bair from Melee and Brawl since this looks sort of like it or it's a transition. This is like Luigi having a wall jump in early development... If only... I mean really, Luigi could wall jump in recent Mario games and Falco's Bair is basically his now since he sticks his feet out rather than doing a reverse whip kick like Fox starting in Brawl. There wasn't much of a reason to change it. Hell, just make it so the front foot does less damage and knockback if it's that much of a concern for being "OP" like Zelda and Samus being OP. Oh, look! Look at where Zelda and Samus are now... :glare:

Melee, Brawl, and Project M kept his old Bair which is unique now unlike his Wolf's Bair.

Fox's Brawl and SSB4 Bair, the reverse whip kick.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Social Page 730 got stuck in a limbo so I'll stay here until 731.

Anyway, I smacked a Back Lighting Kick in the face of a Luigi using Green Missile; I want to main Zelda again because of that.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Social Page 730 got stuck in a limbo so I'll stay here until 731.

Anyway, I smacked a Back Lighting Kick in the face of a Luigi using Green Missile; I want to main Zelda again because of that.
Your signature made the eagerness in your post so hilarious to me.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
I feel it's necessary to step in and fix this mess
SSS: :4zelda:
SS::4zss::4sheik:
S::4falcon::snake:
A: :4robinf::4link::4marth:
B::4myfriends::4littlemac::4yoshi:
C::4drmario::4samus::4ganondorf::4pacman::4peach::4sonic:
D: :mewtwomelee::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4pit::4rob::4kirby::4iggy::4falco::4fox::4robinm:
E::4olimar::4alph::4palutena::4wiifitm::4wiifit::4bowser::4charizard::4pikachu::4metaknight:
F::4wario2::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
G::rosalina::4diddy::4dk::4dedede::4duckhunt::4lucario::4gaw:
H::4shulk::4mii::4miif:
Z::4lucina:
(stopped caring after C tier so the rest is a mess)
I can see the mess, Lucina, Rosalina, and Palutena are not in the right place :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can travel between threads using my shopping cart

Also, as a man who prefers women more flat chested; I came to defend :4lucina:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Heavily goal-dependent, really.

That one seems a tad rigorous for a gym novice, but it could just be your thing. No one is in any place to know just what you can and can't handle. I hate to be unhelpfully vague, but doing your own research and experimenting for a while is really your best option.
You mean like this? >_>

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Kevin, you have nice printing. XD

So I see people migrating from the main social to here. Did this just become Smash 4 Social V2.0?

Oh wait, this was already the superior social anyway. :^)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just came here because the Main Social thread wasn't working tho, but this place is fun too :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I recall some commentators for CT talking about how Falco's fsmash is a frametrap tool because of its nonexistent end lag...but I just checked now and its FAF is at 51f which is still pretty laggy.

It's hard being a bird.
No kidding... Insert obligatory It's Not Easy by Five for Fighting or Bein' Green by Joe Raposo; Ray Charles singing Bein' Green here. What's funny is how the lyrics to It's Not Easy kind of does apply to Falco like he's "more than a bird" or he's "just out to find a better part of [him]". Welp, I looked into a song too much and applied it to Falco.

It's harder being a wolf. All credit goes to Satoshi-Lucis-Caelum. Hmm, this reminds me of Devil May Cry 3. If you've played it, then you probably know what I'm talking about and yes, it involves rain and standing in water. It kind of makes sense since Wolf is the rival to Fox and tends to wear cooler shades of color while Fox's more vibrant looking and that trademark red scarf is like someone else who tends to wear something red.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
You mean like this? >_>

Dat handwriting.

Fundamentals of exercises are another thing altogether. Figuring out the best regiment for you is contingent upon what exactly you wanted to accomplish.

For me, I just wanted bigger shoulders and arms at first. So, I indulged myself in primarily chin-ups, lateral raises, and curls.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
First thing I'm told was not to let my legs become sticks relative to the rest of my body. It's a little embarrassing because I plan on bringing my notes to the gym :(

I'm not really doing this for aesthetic reasons, but I won't say no if that's a value added :)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah I'm told :) I'm still a bit critical of it though.
My art teacher in middle school outright said my handwriting sucks and I should learn letter by letter again; I didn't, but I should. Funny enough, people keep thinking I write in cursive, but I don't. It's like a ghetto version of cursive, pseudo-cursive, or just squiggly chicken scratch. I should learn to write in cursive or longhand or whatever it's called so I write a more fluidly.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
First thing I'm told was not to let my legs become sticks relative to the rest of my body. It's a little embarrassing because I plan on bringing my notes to the gym :(

I'm not really doing this for aesthetic reasons, but I won't say no if that's a value added :)
you've already embarrassed yourself if you main Zelda, haha jk
Srsly tho, don't be embarrassed, everyone started out where you are. If you're really determined to become healthier, don't care about random people in the gym that will either
a. not even pay attention to you
b. not care you have notes
or
c. you'll never see them again in your life

Good luck, AND GO GET YOUR FITNESS ON :4wiifit:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My art teacher in middle school outright said my handwriting sucks and I should learn letter by letter again; I didn't, but I should. Funny enough, people keep thinking I write in cursive, but I don't. It's like a ghetto version of cursive, pseudo-cursive, or just squiggly chicken scratch. I should learn to write in cursive or longhand or whatever it's called so I write a more fluidly.
Oh my mom used to hit me for having bad writing. Sexuality has nothing to do with it, which is usually what you expect when a guy has girly writing.

My cursive is pretty mediocre, but it will impress the heck outta people. :) Try learning it!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh my mom used to hit me for having bad writing. Sexuality has nothing to do with it, which is usually what you expect when a guy has girly writing.

My cursive is pretty mediocre, but it will impress the heck outta people. :) Try learning it!
I can write fast, but it's extremely taxing on my hand and it's worse since I have tendinitis with my right wrist because of me being stupid and letting my hand droop on the desk and basically cutting blood flow to my hand while using the mouse.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Unless you're planning on swimming competitively, no, you don't want your torso to look behemoth-like in comparison with your legs. I needed to stock on my upper-body more to better condition myself for my position in football, lower-body training could only take me so far. And at 5'10", a rather short height for football, I needed all I could get.

Take your notes. People will definitely take you more seriously, if you ever needed to ask for help.

As it stands, starting on a novice routine is your best option, simply to get yourself comfortable with the gym. Seems like everything about this is intimidating you. Tailor your training after you've mentally adjusted. What you're capable of handling is up to you to decide. That particular link seems a bit rough to me, but you might take it fine.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I can write fast, but it's extremely taxing on my hand and it's worse since I have tendinitis with my right wrist because of me being stupid and letting my hand droop on the desk and basically cutting blood flow to my hand while using the mouse.
At least you know about it now! I bought a mousepad with one of those gel wrist rests which seems to help :)

Unless you're planning on swimming competitively, no, you don't want your torso to look behemoth-like in comparison with your legs. I needed to stock on my upper-body more to better condition myself for my position in football, lower-body training could only take me so far. And at 5'10", a rather short height for football, I needed all I could get.

Take your notes. People will definitely take you more seriously, if you ever needed to ask for help.

As it stands, starting on a novice routine is your best option, simply to get yourself comfortable with the gym. Seems like everything about this is intimidating you. Orient your training after you've mentally adjusted. What you're capable of handling is up to you to decide. That particular link seems a bit rough to me, but you might take it fine.
I was also recommended http://stronglifts.com/5x5/. Not sure which one is more taxing.

Deadlifts already sounded scary as a single word... but then seeing the actual exercise scared me even more. I'm Asian and 5'6. Wah :(

@#HBC | Scary is a football player too!

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Both seem rough; they're geared toward people looking for quick results.

Haha, I don't do barbells.

No f**king way.

Edit: I hope we're talking about the same kind of football.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
@ Alacion Alacion looks like next time we hangout, you're going to be the one teaching me! Those notes are really well written! If you don't want to take them with you, you can just snap a pic of them no?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
At least you know about it now! I bought a mousepad with one of those gel wrist rests which seems to help :)
I learned about it about two years ago; it's not fun, especially if you're trying to do push ups or straights. At this point, I switched to a southpaw stance for martial arts purposes, but I still work orthodox with wrist wraps.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ Alacion Alacion looks like next time we hangout, you're going to be the one teaching me! Those notes are really well written! If you don't want to take them with you, you can just snap a pic of them no?
I'll bring them, because otherwise I would have just typed it out!

Btw, I went with some friends to Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ (none of that fishy stuff) which was awesome. It was also part of Dine Out which means it was a bit cheaper than normal too.

We (and @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 ) should totally eat out before Dine Out ends Feb 1. There's a huge selection of restaurants that have either $18, $28, or $38 menus!

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I'll bring them, because otherwise I would have just typed it out!

Btw, I went with some friends to Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ (none of that fishy stuff) which as awesome. It was also part of Dine Out which means it was a bit cheaper than normal too.

We (and @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 ) should totally eat out before Dine Out ends Feb 1. There's a huge selection of restaurants that have either $18, $28, or $38 menus!
I would be down! However I'm NOT certain if I'll be free by then :( I'll let you know asap if I am but we def should get together soon! And food should def be involved!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My penmanship is poor because I type everything. I'm a good artist with bad writing, lol.
We're polar opposites there :(

I would be down! However I'm NOT certain if I'll be free by then :( I'll let you know asap if I am but we def should get together soon! And food should def be involved!
Hm I kinda wanna spend a bit more to try something really special... like French!

http://www.dineoutvancouver.com/listings/index.cfm?action=display&listingID=20826&menuID=1042&hit=1 (click the Dine Out menu)

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Not taking that sh*t back.

Have fun splashing around. I'll be over here tearing and repairing my muscles in some vain pursuit to keep the body I have.

:secretkpop:
why ever someone would call swimming as a sport "splashing around" behooves me

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

Real bros don't let other bros miss leg day. (But actually, nobody likes leg day... because then it's annoying to walk, whereas upper body stuff you can get through the day without straining yourself)

Also, most people who work out well at gyms either bring workout spreadsheets or have spreadsheets at home to keep track of their weights. Bringing notes to the gym is highly recommended, especially for those who don't have the form down/don't have people to teach them. You shouldn't be embarrassed; I can imagine someone who is even more clueless/shy going up to you and asking for help because you have notes/seem knowledgeable.

I personally never started lifting until college because I was scared I was going to seriously injure myself by lifting with bad form. It's so important. Don't worry about how little you can lift in the beginning, because a lot of the forms are kind of awkward. Once you get the form down, you'll increase weight really fast. And on the topic of increasing weight, do it at your own pace and don't get discouraged if "you're supposed to" increase weight and you haven't yet. Just keep on grinding and you'll get stronger.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's funny how I prefer hitting **** for exercise over normal stuff like push ups, crunches, weightlifting, etc. It's fun and relaxing to beat the inanimate crap out of a bag.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
keep in mind the US gov does recognize profession league of legends players as professional athletes
Athletes and sports were always something physical to me. Think video game "athletes" need their own word.

Thanks everybody for being supportive :) I live in a really small area of the Greater Vancouver Area so I don't have anybody to gym with so I will be on my own which is scary. Just gotta get past this "6 weeks New Year's Resolution" curse now.

I have yet to see newbies in the weights area.

Top Bottom