• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I managed to climb to Platinum in Overwatch after about... 3 days of trying?

It was surprisingly not awful.

Though I main support in competitive, I don't try playing Genji because I'd rather not have people directing their salt at me if I've been having an offday with him.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
For anyone who missed out on the Fire Emblem Direct. I'll give you a summary of it in spoilers.

They've announced four titles so far. Two for 3DS, Two for Switch and one for Mobile.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden (Fire Emblem 2). Which keeps everything that the original title had on the Famicom just in 3D now. It will also come with two Amiibo of Alm and Celica.

I might actually get Echoes, it looks fun and interesting.

A new title which I'll just call "FE15" is confirmed for the Switch in 2018, which will be the first time in 10 years we'll get a home console release of Fire Emblem since Radiant Dawn.

We also got an extended trailer of FE Warriors which shows Chrom doing one of his Combos and his Critical Skill. It is also announced for the Nintendo 3DS as well, so we'll get both for the Switch and New 3DS. Which is going to be hype.

Finally, the Mobile title is now called "Fire Emblem Heroes", and just like Super Mario Run and Miitomo; it'll be a Free To Play game with micro transactions added in. The battlefield is reduced down to a 8x6 grid and seems like you can only have 4 Units out this time. You can also get new Units by using Orbs, the more you use. The less it'll cost to get rarer Units, so for example; you could get a Five Star Tharja by using more Orbs whereas you would maybe get a Two Star Marth.

I'll skip on Heroes, since I'm not too keen on Mobile Games.

Overall, good direct. Wish they showed more of Fire Emblem Warriors, but I don't mind. At least we can see how nice it looks from the gameplay.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
FE mobage scares and worries me.

I'll probably try it anyway, but it's likely doomed to be a grindy cashgrab.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Overall, good direct. Wish they showed more of Fire Emblem Warriors, but I don't mind. At least we can see how nice it looks from the gameplay.
Just means that's more time it can take up during the E3 presentation.

FE mobage scares and worries me.

I'll probably try it anyway, but it's likely doomed to be a grindy cashgrab.
I was hoping for Free-To-Start like Mario Run is, tbh. An upper limit of "If you pay this much, you get the full game".

But it's also the first Nintendo mobile game that I'm interested that'll probably let me get Platinum coins on My Nintendo without spending money. It's been months, and I'm still saving up to get Twilight Princess HD Picross...

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
tl;dr
  • Fire Emblem 2 remake for fanservice
  • FE Warriors is on 3DS
  • New game for Switch is a thing but lol you thought they would actually say ANYHING else about it????
  • Mobile game is a thing, fanservice to older FE games
  • Yuri Lowenthall hates Olivia
That's it. Good job at being super vague Ninty

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
A lot of fans wanted that, actually. There's a lot of good games in FE's past, pre-Roy.

One of the theories I rather like is that the reason the title is so stupidly long as "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia", is because Echoes may be the beginning of a series of past FE remakes.

Which could mean Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance on a handheld in the future.

Oh, and turns out the mobile game has clothing damage...

Takumi:

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
tl;dr
  • FE Warriors is on 3DS
  • New game for Switch is a thing but lol you thought they would actually say ANYHING else about it????
  • Mobile game is a thing, fanservice to older FE games
  • Yuri Lowenthall hates Olivia
That's it. Good job at being super vague Ninty
Thank you Koei for making FE Warriors Switch and N3DS at the same time
If (when) there's DLC, one version won't have more than the other
Which is nice

I'm not much of a FE enthusiast (only played Awakening) but I'm definitely getting Warriors and the remake looks sweet. Mobile game looks like it'll draw in a good crowd from Mobile gamers. People love micro transaction games.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
The art looked gorgeous in the direct tbh <3

And idk if this was shown yet, but this is adorable

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
A lot of fans wanted that, actually. There's a lot of good games in FE's past, pre-Roy.
But I thought that anything done in modern Fire Emblems is considered fanservice??????????
Like if they add a character, it's fanservice. If it has a gender, that's more fanservice. If it has a name, even more fanservice.
So a new game is basically mega-super-ultra fanservice rite?????
Thank you Koei for making FE Warriors Switch and N3DS at the same time
If (when) there's DLC, one version won't have more than the other
Which is nice
But I'm worried now that the Switch version will be limited by the 3DS version.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
But I'm worried now that the Switch version will be limited by the 3DS version.
It won't.

They'll make the console version do whatever they want it to do, then port it over to their handheld engine and sacrifice what they need to. It's what they've always done in these types of situations.

It anything it should be slightly better than HWL because Koei is finally admitting that their SW3C engine (HWL was built off of it) runs horribly on the original 3DS and can optimize full on for that system.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
But I thought that anything done in modern Fire Emblems is considered fanservice??????????
Like if they add a character, it's fanservice. If it has a gender, that's more fanservice. If it has a name, even more fanservice.
So a new game is basically mega-super-ultra fanservice rite?????
It may be fanservice, but if the script isn't google translated, censorship will have won and the game will need to be shunned :^)

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

One of the theories I rather like is that the reason the title is so stupidly long as "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia", is because Echoes may be the beginning of a series of past FE remakes.

Which could mean Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance on a handheld in the future.

Oh, and turns out the mobile game has clothing damage...

Takumi:
INB4 everyone purposely almost gets their waifu/husbando killed just to see them officially with less clothing.

uuuuuuuuug why.

Still can't wait for more info on Fire Emblem Warriors. Tho IDK if I can wait until September/Fall/Whenever for it. I probably won't get The Switch until Summer time anyway, with Splatoon 2 ofc.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
You can vote for him to be a special Legends Event character once the game hits.

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/series/101/heroes
Also if I read it correctly, you get 1 vote per day for the next 13 days. Voted for Erika today. Also I don't think I'll end up voting for any Fates characters but really, it's Fates, it's going to get plenty of votes anyways. :p
REOL is a goddessT
Still can't wait for more info on Fire Emblem Warriors. Tho IDK if I can wait until September/Fall/Whenever for it. I probably won't get The Switch until Summer time anyway, with Splatoon 2 ofc.
Bashmically if it mirrors HW since both were announced at around the same time (late December/early January) and the expected release date is prolly near HW's release date, we can expect the next announcement in... late June.
:drsad:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Chinese New Year event in Overwatch and D.Va and Mei confirmed to get new skins.

Hoping they give one to Genji and Hanzo too, neither of them have gotten legendary skins in events (not counting Oni Genji) yet.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Chinese New Year event in Overwatch and D.Va and Mei confirmed to get new skins.

Hoping they give one to Genji and Hanzo too, neither of them have gotten legendary skins in events (not counting Oni Genji) yet.
There's a high chance Honjo and Gonjo will get legendaries too. I wonder if all heroes will get voice lines or if this will just be a small kind of update for a few select heroes.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Getting on with some more University work, still need to research the user John Dyson and another designer and how they've influenced my designs. Also, even though I won't get FE Heroes, who did you all vote for? I voted for Rhajat, then I'll vote for Tharja. :secretkpop:

Also, tomorrow is Genesis 4. Hoping some major upsets happen!

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Voted for my boy Ephraim on the first. Still thinking of who to vote for today.
I'm still a little confused as to what the votes exactly do. They did say that whatever Hero/Heroine gets the most votes will be featured. But whats the point of voting for Marth, Ike, Lyndis, and all of the favorites if I already know they're going to be in the game? Did I miss something?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw, I managed to get to the pilot of KonoSuba 2.

Oh my god. It's so funny! The interactions and how expressive the characters are really makes the comedy in this show REALLY good. I highly recommend watching the first season before jumping into this, but the comedy is still the same from the first season which is great. Looking forward to this even more!

Here, have the OP for it too. :secretkpop:

It gets 4.5 :4zelda:s out of 5. It might end up reaching 5 :4zelda:s at the end. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Is it kind of funny that I noticed that Lana from Hyrule Warriors and Aqua from KonoSuba! almost look the same? :V

Both have aqua blue hair and wear a blue dress and have an accessory in their hair.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
INB4 everyone purposely almost gets their waifu/husbando killed just to see them officially with less clothing.
Well, I for one will purposely get Takumi killed just to see him get killed. It was quite cathartic when playing Birthrights. And Conquest, for that matter.

Ah never mind, some people in my FE group cleared it up for me. I now know how the voting apparently works for FE Heroes
In case anyone else is confused about this, all those characters you can vote for are in the game already.

The voting is for a special event that gets the most voted female character and the most voted male character a special "Legends" Event, an alternate costume in the game, and apparently a themed downloadable calendar wallpaper.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
2017-01-19 10.08.50.png
Did Marth and Chrom lose their left arms?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Good Omens getting an Amazon miniseries **** yeeeeesssssssss

For those that never heard of it, it's an old book co-written by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, back during Gaiman's Sandman days and when Pratchett's Discworld was still going in full swing.

Did Marth and Chrom lose their left arms?
Marth definitely has his left arm wrapped up in his cape, pulling it towards him. He's possibly in a defensive stance, leading more to throw the cloak out in front of him as a split second distraction before a fencer's leap with the rapier or retreat backwards if need be. Or they just thought it looked cool, cause the legs are just sort of there.

Unlike Marth, Chrom is actually in the middle of an action. Judging from the angle of Chrom's giant left should armor thing, his arm is behind him as he goes for a downwards thrusting motion (Right arm raised to strike down, if we could see it, left leg is most likely extended out).

Last edited:

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Voting for Amy today bc
I needs to see dis
I was pretty suprised to see Largo and Callil's kid from Radiant Dawn as a character in Heroes. Was she even playable in RD? lol still pretty fun to see Amy in FE Heroes

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was pretty suprised to see Largo and Callil's kid from Radiant Dawn as a character in Heroes. Was she even playable in RD? lol still pretty fun to see Amy in FE Heroes
No, she wasn't. She was just an NPC.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I decided to dip my toe into For Glory once again.

And surprisingly, I ran into some very good players in 1-on-1. Though one of them was a complete scumbag.

I won't really talk much about that one player. But the rest were very fun to fight against, and I did get destroyed by a few of them. However, I actually had fun.

I ran into a Bowser player pretty much destroyed me 3-0. Another who used Marth, then Falcon and finally Link which went 3-2. Then a Yoshi main who just obliterated me 3-0 (Shows I do not know how to fight Yoshi). A Luigi main who straight up bodied me (But a funny thing was we helped each other get back to the stage). And embarrassingly, I somehow died at 10% from a Ness by getting hit by the reverse end of his PK Thunder.

As for that other player, ugh. He only spammed Light Up-Tilt and Shoryuken with Ryu, then he acts more of a scumbag with Falcon and Cloud. :V

I feel like I'm going to see C.Falcon mains as FG Players and Scumbags.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
one of my better moments as ana since i've been playing her

and turquoise is her best skin btw

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
today is the last day you can see this without spontaneously combusting. cherish that time

Top Bottom