• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Except some of the comments said that the video swapped the Russian and French versions. So I'll play in French tyvm. I may actually play it in French tho, probably for my second run.
Are you sure it's not from French people who are totally mad that their version is the worst, so they say "the best and worst versions of the voice acting were switched by accident!" or something?

:secretkpop:

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I spent my MLK weekend digging a deeper grave into ELO hell. Dropped 560, nice!

Jesus, hardly anyone in bronze understands that 5 DPS 1 heal doesn't work. If I see another sym or junkrat on attack I'll barf. I pretty much had to force myself to learn to play Ana and Lucio sense no one pla

Instead of wasting my time in Comp, I spent some time in QP. Carried a team with Winston, Zen, and Genji. 67% kill participation with all three.

I'm ready for season 4 to get here. I want to press the reset button on this whole thing.

:150:
Luckily if the PTR changes go through, both Winston and Zen will be indirectly buffed, maybe Genji too if triple tanks die (tbf when you're that far down, tanks probably aren't much of a problem). Maybe we should try to schedule a time to do placements so we can have a decent chance at doing something. Maybe even Puddin or otherninjafrogmain Moon gorl will want to join.
Anyway, part of me is curious if BotW will have a Greek release and therefore, a Greek dub. All this comes from seeing Zelda in a white dress and being reminded of ancient Greece and ancient Rome, but there's probably not going to be a Latin dub. Huh, just noticed that there wasn't a Portuguese, Brazilian or European, clip and I don't know if they differentiated Spanish from Castilian Spanish and any of the Latin American Spanish.
I'm guessing that it won't, but Ninty doesn't have voice acting in this many languages often, if ever. So it's a step in the right direction.
Are you sure it's not from French people who are totally mad that their version is the worst, so they say "the best and worst versions of the voice acting were switched by accident!" or something?

:secretkpop:
Yee I'm suspiciosa of it myself but I dun feel like looking up the Zarya and Widowmaker versions of the trailer myself rn so it's a misturee for the next few hours.

Last edited:
I spent my MLK weekend digging a deeper grave into ELO hell. Dropped 560, nice!

Jesus, hardly anyone in bronze understands that 5 DPS 1 heal doesn't work. If I see another sym or junkrat on attack I'll barf. I pretty much had to force myself to learn to play Ana and Lucio sense no one pla

Instead of wasting my time in Comp, I spent some time in QP. Carried a team with Winston, Zen, and Genji. 67% kill participation with all three.

I'm ready for season 4 to get here. I want to press the reset button on this whole thing.

:150:
tbh at that rank I would take a Torbjorn/ Symmetra/ Junkrat any day of the week over a Soldier/ McCree/ Genji that can't aim

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Yee I'm suspiciosa of it myself but I dun feel like looking up the Zarya and Widowmaker versions of the trailer myself rn so it's a misturee for the next few hours.
Nevermind I decided to do something for once.
Russian vs French
They were swapped. French superior.

Hello gorls! Have you missed me? No? Didn't think so. :secretkpop:
Just letting you all know I still exist.

I'm very hyped for the Switch, but not hyped enough to buy it at launch. I'm just... not sold. I already have a Wii U so if I can play the new Zelda then why do I care?

Also BotW Zelda for Sma5h, including a moveset overhaul because OoT and TP Zelda didn't do us any favors competitively.
:o

how've you been gorl?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just had a hilarious game of Overwatch where we were playing a control map and we were on Overtime with the opponent team controlling the point and both teams were at 99%. I died in the team fight but the rest of my team, all five of them, killed off the entire enemy team.

They then proceeded to all leave the point together which made the overtime timer end and we lost the game.

Gg you people thirsty for kills.

But on a different note I am proud of this

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Had my meeting with my TA today, we've gone down a list of what I'll have to do and what to amend as well. Since I've skipped over two things which I'm getting to right away. Along with having to talk with my sister as well who has helped with me the design as well with acting as the consumer for this product.

Hopefully I can get this all done. :yeahboi:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Couldn't sleep so I googled stuff and then added more hearts to it to make a Valentine's Day/February avatar. So that's productive-ish at least, I guess.

I just had a hilarious game of Overwatch where we were playing a control map and we were on Overtime with the opponent team controlling the point and both teams were at 99%. I died in the team fight but the rest of my team, all five of them, killed off the entire enemy team.

They then proceeded to all leave the point together which made the overtime timer end and we lost the game.

Gg you people thirsty for kills.

But on a different note I am proud of this

That sums up people even in competitive play.

I keep bouncing between 2800~2900 because people can't even follow basic guidelines to winning.

if the meta goes through, triple dps might be the way to go
It's not going any time soon. D.Va just became crappier is all, but there's still other good tank picks and Ana just got a lil slap on the wrist (like, compare her nerfs to being like Cloud's nerfs lol). Soldier76 did become stronger, albeit indirectly. So if anything we might have just stepped into a Rein/Soldier76 or die meta. Which will be worse than triple tank. Whoopsie~

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

So My Smash Corner did a video on Roy now where he's also interviewing Ryo.

What amazed me was that Ryo believes Roy is Top 25. :yeahboi:
That is just astounding.

can i move in with u
die
It's not going any time soon. D.Va just became crappier is all, but there's still other good tank picks and Ana just got a lil slap on the wrist (like, compare her nerfs to being like Cloud's nerfs lol). Soldier76 did become stronger, albeit indirectly. So if anything we might have just stepped into a Rein/Soldier76 or die meta. Which will be worse than triple tank. Whoopsie~
sry for wall of text. just hyped for the next patch :3
thing is, killing off triple tank shouldn't be the way to go. triple tanking should be a viable tactic or counterpick option BUT no way in hell should it be the meta. that's probably what blizzard is going for and i can see that happening. i also want to add that the tiniest patch changes can really have a huge impact on the meta. 50% may not seem like a huge difference. ana did 187+100 healing per sec pre-patch and in ptr, she does 140+100 healing per sec. soldier couldn't out-dps ana's healing pre-patch based on the numbers. now, he definitely can. mccree's burst is probably good enough to out-damage the heals. that wasn't even the only nerf that was mentioned. in the newest version of the ptr, they nerfed the duration of biotic nade's effects (bonus healing and anti-heal) by 1 second and 1 second is big in a game like overwatch where anyone can die in a second or less

when it comes to the off tanks, dva is significantly worse but she probably still has niche uses. defense matrix is still a powerful ability and it's your best bet at dealing with nano-visor, beyblade, blizzard and grav surge (you do not want to use your rein shield as much as possible to block these ults. you need to keep that barrier alive to survive). hog will see a lot of play only on high ground maps on defense (so numbani and dorado) but other than that, he's not a must pick. zarya.... is kinda.... idk. i'm tempted to say she's still good but i feel like she's only thriving because in this meta, she can get a lot of charge from many sources like hog's hook combo, fire strike, self destruct. that and dva was prevalent so zarya saw a lot of play. 76 still ****s on her and so does mccree because they can deal with her from long range (zarya has limited range on her beam soooo). tracer can really melt zarya fast and tracking tracer is a pain in the ass. pharah can harass zarya from above. widow beats zarya for the same reason 76 and mccree beats zarya

rein is still important but the meta won't revolve around him as much because 76 was never reliant on rein's shield to operate properly (unlike mccree) since he can reposition easily by sprinting. same goes for tracer and genji. winston synergizes with tracer and genji better than rein does. adding to that, dva isn't always there to support the barrier, assuming that she ain't all the meta. 76 will shred rein's shield. hog will still be relevant on certain maps so he's still a massive threat to rein's shield. reaper will be more relevant this meta so that's another shield shredder. zarya is a poor substitute for dva's role so uh, no. winston will probably see a lot more play since unlike rein, he can attack and defend simultaneously

so yeah. you don't really have that much options for the off-tank slot. maybe zarya will still be used but it won't be nearly as much. grav surge is still an amazing ult so w/e. at the moment, nothing seems to counter him but you can still outplay 76 if you're a good mccree, i guess
tl;dr: dva is kinda crap. roadhog is situational. zarya is idk. rein won't be played as much if dva isnt around cuz his shield wont last long at all against 76. 76 is probs the best hero. you can probably run zen over ana and no one will mind but ana is still preferred

i could be wrong tho but that's what i hear from some overwatch streams that i follow. 3 tanks is probably still the way to go on defense tho. lol

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That is just astounding.
Honestly, I could believe it. I rarely fight Roy mains, but when I do, they're often absolute terrors. When he gets the offensive pressure, it often feels like there's nothing I can do.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Honestly, I could believe it. I rarely fight Roy mains, but when I do, they're often absolute terrors. When he gets the offensive pressure, it often feels like there's nothing I can do.
That does seem to be the problem. There aren't many Roy mains out there.

We only know of three high level Roy mains. Ryo, Sethlon and Manny. And so far Ryo seems to be the one who is using Roy to his fullest potential.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Speak of Roy; Fire Emblem Direct is tomorrow.

We already know from the trailer to expect Chrom, Xander, Ryoma, Corrin and Marth in FE Warriors. Lucina is pretty much guaranteed as well.

I'm hoping we see a better franchise-wise representation than FE# gave us, however much I'd like Tharja and Virion again.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Speak of Roy; Fire Emblem Direct is tomorrow.

We already know from the trailer to expect Chrom, Xander, Ryoma, Corrin and Marth in FE Warriors. Lucina is pretty much guaranteed as well.

I'm hoping we see a better franchise-wise representation than FE# gave us, however much I'd like Tharja and Virion again.
Funny thing is I made a list on which characters I think will appear in Fire Emblem Warriors. I might as well do a Bingo Card for it. :V

But aside from those five, I'm betting that both Genders for Robin and Corrin will appear, Camilla and Leo for Conquest. Hinoka and Sakura for Birthright (Takumi doesn't deserve to be in FE Warriors. :secretkpop: ). I'm thinking either Silas, Felicia, Jakob or Flora for Revelation and finally I'm betting Caeda and Kain from Shadow Dragon will be confirmed playable characters in FE Warriors. I was going to say who'd be playable from the Awakening side. But I think you've listed Lucina as a solid choice.

But who knows, we might see Tharja, Donnel and maybe Lissa. Even though I would like to see both Tharja and Rhajat appear in this game. Maybe it's because I married them in Awakening and Birthright.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Considering how Hyrule Warriors had 20-30 characters, I'd assume FE Warriors would have about the same amount of characters

And Tharja is a very popular character, so I'd say it's a safe bet she makes it into the game

I really hope they add a pegasus knight. Maybe Hinoka or Cordelia?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Considering how Hyrule Warriors had 20-30 characters, I'd assume FE Warriors would have about the same amount of characters

And Tharja is a very popular character, so I'd say it's a safe bet she makes it into the game

I really hope they add a pegasus knight. Maybe Hinoka or Cordelia?
I do agree that Tharja is a very popular character. Shame is her incarnation Rhajat isn't as popular, I could possibly see her having an alternate costume where Tharja is Rhajat. But that's it. Though having Rhajat as a Diviner would be cool. However, I feel like they'll probably add Orochi or Hayato as the Diviner for FE Warriors. :c

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
HW only had 13 characters at release but that's EXTREMELY small for a Warriors game so I'd put that as an exception. FE also just has more characters in general so there shouldn't be any less than 20 at release, and DLC will definitely happen.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm really worried it'll just be Fates/Awakening/Shadow Dragon characters, especially after the teaser. They had Raijinto and Siegfried, but no Ragnell or Sword of Seals? That doesn't seem right to me. I want to wreck armies as Black Knight, not as Tharja or some other random-but-popular-waifu character (Sorry EODM07).

Maybe we'll see Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon characters at release, and then characters from other games as DLC.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
New I'm really worried it'll just be Fates/Awakening/Shadow Dragon characters, especially after the teaser. They had Raijinto and Siegfried, but no Ragnell or Sword of Seals? That doesn't seem right to me. I want to wreck armies as Black Knight, not as Tharja or some other random-but-popular-waifu character (Sorry EODM07).
I'm fine with more Fates if it isn't at the exclusion of other games, though I'm also biased if they did the same thing but with Awakening; I just liked everyone better in that game compared to fates.

But even Tharja being added to the exclusion of, say, Micaiah would just be off.

We probably shouldn't put so much significance to Fates/Awakening/Shadow Dragon, tbh. Like, Fates/Awakening are definitely a focus and Chrom is definitely taking center stage (He got his chance some other day!), part of those weapons is probably because they're the most recent FEs, due to the Marth-Era DS remakes after Ike's games came out.

HW only had 13 characters at release but that's EXTREMELY small for a Warriors game so I'd put that as an exception.
Weapon count in HW is equivalent to Characters in the typical Warriors game, so 20 weapons in vanilla before patches and DLC. This was actually a relatively good number for a first iteration given the other crossover DW games, such as Gundam Warriors and Pirate Warriors. PW2, for example, had 27 characters.

That HW ended up with (effectively) 42 weapons / movesets for the first game of a DW spin-off series is much larger than expected.

To put it in perspective, it took Pirate Warriors three games to get up to it's current 37 characters, and One Piece really isn't a series wanting for memorable characters with good moveset potential.

But yeah, we should still expect to see a good amount of characters for a number of reasons.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm really worried it'll just be Fates/Awakening/Shadow Dragon characters, especially after the teaser. They had Raijinto and Siegfried, but no Ragnell or Sword of Seals? That doesn't seem right to me. I want to wreck armies as Black Knight, not as Tharja or some other random-but-popular-waifu character (Sorry EODM07).
Don't worry about it. I ain't fussed, if she doesn't get added. That's completely fine, she's already been in Tokyo Mirage Sessions anyways. :V

But then again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens at the Direct.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So there was a thread on Serenes Forest for roster predictions, but I think I like the first poster's roster the most. They put a limit of 20 characters.
Akaneia/Ylisse:

Marth
Caeda
Chrom
Lucina
Robin
Tiki

Jugdral:
Seliph - No Sigurd because 1) I ran out of room and 2) Seliph was prioritized in Awakening.
Leif

Elibe:
Roy
Lyn - I think Lyn is the most likely of the three FE7 lords due to Smash presence and general popularity including her being prioritized in Awakening.
Nergal

Tellius:
Ike
Micaiah
Black Knight

Fates:
Corrin
Azura
Xander
Ryoma - These two because of their swords appearing in the teaser.
Garon

Other:
Anna
An original character
Honestly I'd rather not see another Lana (Awakening and Fates have plenty of fanservice characters to choose from, let's be real), and I feel like the game may copy HW and have the villains in the game at release, but they won't be playable until later. But this is still a perfect mix for the base game.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'm expecting mainly lords and maybe characters who won the popularity polls for the last 2 FE games. Some popular big bads too, maybe even Ashera. Or Ashera costume for Lana... I mean Silverhaired Mary Sue.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So there was a thread on Serenes Forest for roster predictions, but I think I like the first poster's roster the most. They put a limit of 20 characters.
Akaneia/Ylisse:

Marth
Caeda
Chrom
Lucina
Robin
Tiki

Jugdral:
Seliph - No Sigurd because 1) I ran out of room and 2) Seliph was prioritized in Awakening.
Leif

Elibe:
Roy
Lyn - I think Lyn is the most likely of the three FE7 lords due to Smash presence and general popularity including her being prioritized in Awakening.
Nergal

Tellius:
Ike
Micaiah
Black Knight

Fates:
Corrin
Azura
Xander
Ryoma - These two because of their swords appearing in the teaser.
Garon

Other:
Anna
An original character
Honestly I'd rather not see another Lana (Awakening and Fates have plenty of fanservice characters to choose from, let's be real), and I feel like the game may copy HW and have the villains in the game at release, but they won't be playable until later. But this is still a perfect mix for the base game.
No sacred stones characters makes me a sad panda.

So that's...Lord, Pegasus Knight, Lord, Lord, Tactician, Manakete, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord, Dark Druid, Ike, Sorcerer, Black Knight, Manakete Swordsman, Dancer, Paladin, Samurai, Muk, Merchant.

I'd like to think we'd get at least one good representation of every weapon type (Axe and Bow seem to be missing here, and there's only about one legitimate Lance user in the bunch), and for an FE Warriors game there's a surprising lack of mounted units. DW games have had mounted combat for a while now.

And with no Lance welding mounted unit, you can't have a Lu Bu expy character; you've got to have a Lu Bu.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
In Dynasty Warriors there is no Waifu, only Lu Bu.
Is that why Ganondorf is the best waifu in Hyrule Warriors? In order to be a Lu Bu, the character has to be super manly and strong. So I guess that left the default being Ganondorf, anyway.

But Diao Chan
Diao Chan can't be a waifu because she's already Lu Bu's waifu.

Cia is Hyrule Warrior's Diao Chan. So that means Ganondorf X Cia is canon. IDK why she'd obsess over Link when the man of her life is right there inhabiting her body next to her. That must mean Hyrule Warriors is actually one giant romance novel/movie/game/etc. oops

Close enough tbh
0/10 not even remotely close to being manly like Lu Bu. Who will Fire Emblem's Lu Bu be, though?

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

So My Smash Corner did a video on Roy now where he's also interviewing Ryo.

That is just astounding.
I don't feel Roy is a bad character honestly. I actually love the character.
It should be noted Ryo forced Abadango to switch with him. That really says something about Ryo and Roy.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to get on with more of my work and watch VGBC's stream from yesterday. Curious to see who won it this time. Also, anyone looking forward to the FE Direct later tonight and Genesis 4 this Friday?

I don't feel Roy is a bad character honestly. I actually love the character.
It should be noted Ryo forced Abadango to switch with him. That really says something about Ryo and Roy.
It's kinda funny that Abadango originally said that he thinks Roy is the worst character in the game. :secretkpop:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to get on with more of my work and watch VGBC's stream from yesterday. Curious to see who won it this time. Also, anyone looking forward to the FE Direct later tonight and Genesis 4 this Friday?

It's kinda funny that Abadango originally said that he thinks Roy is the worst character in the game. :secretkpop:

Wait, what?! Do you have a source?

Top Bottom