• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Almost done with reading through one of my workbooks, then afterwards I'll be looking at inspirational designers. Since that is the only part that I've missed.

Also, anyone going to watch Genesis 4 later today? I'll be checking out the Sm4sh Singles Tournament on 2GGaming's Twitch Stream.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Skins from the next event were leaked
I wonder how long it will take to get an actually-cute Roadhog skin. Like. I don't care if it's ironic. I want one.

The other skins are cool I guess, though. My favorite is still D.Va's, though. Mei's is growing on me even if red/gold just aren't her colors (probably because her attacks are blue and stuff so yea).

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Much like Momma BJN I lost all my notes on my phone :(((((((

I'm dead inside

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oml Evan I feel for you.

With any luck the story could turn out the same, and you get yours back too? Or is this like an, "I dropped it off a cliff" situation?
It stopped taking a charge. I tried several methods of fixing it and none have worked. I got a new phone because I don't want to be out of contact with everyone. I hope I can find a solution and get it working and then transfer everything.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@Cress! if you could sound like NAna or Mama Mercy, then the entire team would do better. Pls work on that. Also FullMoon FullMoon and Y2Kay Y2Kay you gorls should try to be Genji irl, bcuz that'll make you better than Seagull/the proest of Gonjos.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, this week was hectic. I can sum it up as running around like a headless chicken to and from home, hospital -- not me being sick --, uni, and in the kitchen. At least it was the first week of the spring semester; Japanese popular culture is cool, so is (intro to) digital art -- introductions on 2D and 3D digital art and I think web design --, and sound design. Don't really care for microbiology, but I need a course in biological science which might end up me taking a course in cartography for physical science in summer or fall.

Anyway, not a lot of info from the FE direct. Just confirmations of new FE games which is fine. FE getting another remake is great since outside of Japan, we've only had games starting from Rekka no Ken which ironically came after the never localized Binding Blade and Roy's appearance in Melee with Roy being fairly popular in Melee. Because of the 2 remakes of FE1, there's 5 games -- minus 1 since Gaiden was confirmed for a remake -- that were never released overseas. With Awakening "making" FE popular, Nintendo really should be banking or milking depending on your views, on FE with the older games. The only problem is the whole controversial topics, but come on, it's a game series based on medieval times where marrying within a family was considered common and good for the bloodline. At the same time, that could be something to market on as games that are "mature", but still "family-friendly". FE isn't A Song of Fire and Ice or unabridged fairytales nor were they abridged ones like Disney's take on many fairytales. In a way, FE is like Majora's Mask where it's dark and grim, but not in a extreme way or an overbearing way like intentionally edgy games *cough*DmC's plot*cough. Whatever, I digress.

One thing that bothers me is about FE Warriors: Chrom's musou attack looks plain and reminds me of old musou attacks from Dynasty Warriors. Specifically, it reminds me of the stationary ones like Zhou Tai's DW4 musou. This concerns me since recent Warriors games, especially Hyrule Warriors, had really neat musou attacks and in terms of FE, especially in the old, sprite-based ones, criticals were extravagant. Basic attacks usually weren't, but criticals looked amazing in FE games. Part of me feels like Koei Tecmo might be overreaching themselves like Platinum Games. I have no idea when FEW was in development, but they're also working on the Berserk Warriors games, Dynasty Warriors 9, I think that one Dynasty Warriors RPG starring Zhao Yun if it hasn't been released yet, and Musou Stars. This is knowing that apparently 2 divisions of Koei Tecmo, Omega Force, the usual developers of Warriors games, and Team Ninja are developing FEW. Add in Intelligent Systems who themselves are working on the other FE games announced. Larger companies and combined workforce, but still a lot of, probably considered "AAA", projects. On the bright side, I like FEW's cel-shaded art style resembling the cutscenes in Awakening and Fates. Also, seeing another Nintendo Warriors game by Koei Tecmo really makes me wonder what a Nintendo Basara game by Capcom would have been like.

Oh, and just voted for Echnida from Binding Blade. She's pretty much irrelevant, but she's such a badass and I love her design.

Everyone's probably seen this already, but there's a comparison of BotW's voice acting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMFf59v6ml0. One thing to note is that there are European and Latin Spanish with Latin being the one that was in the crying comparison.

For me, the most consistent ones are English, German, Italian, Japanese, and Latin Spanish. That is not to say those are the only good ones. The Russian clips for the old lady narrating and probably the tree which reminds me of Jurak from Dark Cloud are fitting and pretty good in my opinion. Part of this is subjective, part of this is on how the performance are done, and part of it is probably cultural differences like I don't know what a stereotypical old lady would sound like in every language. Would she be high-pitched or low-pitched, would she be raspy, would she talk slow or fast, etc. A major part is, however, not knowing which language BotW was originally written, recorded, scripted for. An assumption would be Japanese, but it's possible it was written in English like Vampire D: Bloodlust was originally recorded in English. For all we know, BotW might even have been originally recorded in German for whatever reason. Anyway, because of how dubbing and lip syncing works, there will be problems.

For Zelda in particular, I feel she's the most hit or miss for me as I liked pretty much all of the other lines from the other characters minus the Castilian Spanish, old lady -- benefit of the doubt that she had a lot to say which is weird since the Goron didn't seem like he mad much to say, but in Castilian Spanish, dude had like a life story compared to the others -- and the Italian tree dude. Basically, she's the reason why I mentioned consistency.
  • French Zelda's sounds like she's choking and incoherent during the "Everything, I've done..." part, her "Arrête!" sounds more defiant which might not fit the scene if Zelda's supposed to be desperate, and she sounds really young when she says "Réveille-toi", but her cry is good.
  • Italian Zelda is overall good, except for the no part where she seems faraway for some reason and her "Open your eyes" line is weirdly cute as her voice bounces when she says it.
  • Japanese Zelda is consistent, but I just don't like the style -- it's really high-pitched --, she also talks really, really fast during the "Everything I've done..." line, really happy-sounding during "Open your eyes", and I didn't like the cry as I've talked about before. I don't know, but I guess when I think of Zelda speaking Japanese, I imagine a deeper-sound voice a bit like Miyuki Sawashiro -- only Japanese voice actress I can name off the top of my head.
  • Castilian Zelda is overall meh to bad -- Castilian Zelda's cry is terrible like the Russian one.
  • Latin Zelda's all over with her speaking being meh, her no being decent, her "Open your eyes" is good if a bit sexy, and cry is pretty good -- then again, Latin American soap operas.
  • I like Russian Zelda when she talks, her no sounds strained and distressed which works, her "Open your lines" sounds commanding which kind of works if it's like Link remembering Zelda's voice and faintly remembering he has something to do, so he has his inner voice taking on Zelda's voice telling him to wake up, but her cry is, dear lady Din, terrible.
That just leaves English, German -- has the most muffled "Open your eyes" line for some reason --, and Italian minus the faraway no issue Zelda as consistently good in my opinion. If BotW lets me, I might want to play it, perhaps on a second and third playthrough, in German since I really like the voice acting and Italian since it's the closest I can get to Latin which reminds me of old stuff and kind of works for fantasy games like Zelda.

Meanwhile, Goron dude being consistently good across all shown languages including very wordy Castilian Goron. The king's all right as well, except French king's really low -- I can barely make out what he's saying --, Japanese king sounds either really old compared to the others or is dying, and Russian king sounds drunk... of course the Russian king is the one that sounds drunk... Yay, Russian stereotypes...

On another note, heard what a Japanese song on the radio. DJ said something about jazz fusion which I couldn't really tell since I had the heat set pretty high in my car. All I could pick out was something like "shida" in the song and "Oniyuki" as possibly the artist's last name. Found out on the radio's website through the playlist that it's 4:00 AM by Taeko Ohnuki: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YixAD9GIAuY. Now I'm listening to Stay With Me by Miki Matsubara on loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-KAY_Glmn4.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Watching the USA vs. Japan Crew battle. You3's Duck Hunt looked very nice. Managed to beat Marss down to one last stock each, and took a stock off of Mr. E before getting eliminated. Kudos to you You3! :yeahboi:

Also, will be looking up those designers that I've mentioned the past few days.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
As a big Tweek and Dabuz fan, the USA vs MexCanEU set was almost worth the sleep deprivation.
I didn't really check out the USA vs. MexCanEU Crew Battle. I have been catching up with some of the Pools Matches that happened in Singles.

AfroSmash from the UK managed to beat Nick Riddle 2-1 with Samus against ZSS. That is pretty awesome, surprising to hear that there aren't many ZSS Mains in the UK too.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I didn't really check out the USA vs. MexCanEU Crew Battle. I have been catching up with some of the Pools Matches that happened in Singles.
Long story short is MexCanEU lost so badly they forfeited with 6 stock left.

Slightly Longer story:
Dabuz once again showed why he's the best Vanguard, taking 10 stocks off the other crew. Victims included Mr. R, IC, and Javi.

Tweek came next and took out 9 stocks.

Leo and Ally didn't play.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Currently watching Sm4sh Doubles now on EMG's Stream. :yeahboi:

Ranai and Komo looked like they were trying to do the same combo MKLeo and Javi did back at Smash Factor 5. :secretkpop:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
IDK why but this is how most of my Widowmaker games start out. Then 30 seconds later I transform from Sheik into Zelda. Which is why I rarely play Widowmaker. 1st clip from a month ago (didn't know it was even there) and the 2nd clip from yesterday.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
With Singles starting soon. Who are you all hoping to see reach Top 32?

I'm hoping for You3 to reach Top 32. Seeing his Duck Hunt is really a sight to behold. Also I'd like to see Kogarasuma reach Top 32 too.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I just haTched 4 10km eggs in Pokemon Go all at once gorls. (Thanks to those free incubators over Christmas. No, I'm not rich)

Got these:
:127::131::107::240:

No Chansey, sadly, but Hitmonchan/Magby we're new dex entries for me, and Lapras/Magby/Pinsir all have 82%+ stats! I also like Lapras, and have had a ton of its candies set aside since Halloween. So it was a good haul nonetheless.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just realized, how comes Hitmonchan comes out of an egg? isn't Tyrogue supposed to hatch?
:196:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to go and have a late breakfast, since I was busy looking up some inspirational stuff from James Dyson and possibly be looking at Moulton Minis. Also, I'll be catching up on Sm4sh singles. I wonder how far You3 and Kogarasuma got in the tournament.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've checked the current results so far for Genesis 4 Wii U Singles. There were some upsets.

Brood managed to send ZeRo to Losers and eliminated Zinoto as well. He managed to get 25th whilst You3 got 33rd and Raito got 49th.
Kogarasuma who I was curious on how far he'd get got 65th. As for Top 8.

Winners:
Ally :4mario: vs. Abadango :4mewtwo:
Mr. R :4sheik: vs. MKLeo :4cloud::4marth:
----
Losers:
Dabuz :rosalina::4olimar::4bayonetta: vs. ZeRo :4diddy:
Komorikiri :4cloud::4sonic: vs. Captain Zack :4bayonetta:

I'm actually hoping either Abadango, MKLeo, Komo or Zack will win Genesis 4. Though I bet it'll be either ZeRo or Ally. :V

While I am sad that Kogarasuma didn't reach Top 32. I'm satisfied that a Duck Hunt main reached Top 32. I think Brood may have managed to show that Duck Hunt is not as bad as many think.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Long story short is MexCanEU lost so badly they forfeited with 6 stock left.

Slightly Longer story:
Dabuz once again showed why he's the best Vanguard, taking 10 stocks off the other crew. Victims included Mr. R, IC, and Javi.

Tweek came next and took out 9 stocks.

Leo and Ally didn't play.
Do you know what happened to the World vs USA? I know USA won, but I didn't get to see Ally or MK Leo.
EDIT: Never mind; I'm stupid.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Genesis 4 is live now on VGBC! :yeahboi:

They're doing Top 6 for Smash 64 first. Sm4sh will be at 12pm.

Also, seeing You3 and Brood do really well with Duck Hunt makes me happy.

I definitely hope to see Kogarasuma improve too with his Lucina.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Dang it Dabuz is out.
I was actually rooting for him. It's a shame that he got eliminated 1-3 by ZeRo. :c

But oh well, these things happen. If ZeRo wins, I'll still be satisfied with that a Duck Hunt made it to Top 32. Hopefully we'll see a Lucina main reach Top 32 in the next major.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I got so excited when Dabuz took game one, and then Zero displayed his amazing adaptation ability. Ah well. It was nice to hear the crowd cheer for Dabuz though! :D
EDIT: Komo lost 3-1 to Zack, and now Komo says the launch rate was at 0.9 and they're REPLAYING the last game.
OHMYGOD
*Ahem* Anyway,

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
This .9 thing is crazy, how is that not on a checklist of some sort?

Top Bottom