• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Oh, so ARMS supports traditional button configurations like Splatoon.

The FGC isn't ready for this game.

this arms game is interesting

it feels like a fighter shooter-ish game. shooter because you have to curve/aim your punches and predict where your opponent is going. kinda like using projectiles in fps games. the mecha girl can hover for a while in mid-air. the ninja guy can do some sort of vanish trick. the revolver weapon looks pretty nuts though. seems like you can't really just throw out the flurry attacks and expect to hit and win immediately. blocking seems to be powerful in this game tho. sure grabbing beats it but throwing out an attack immediately out of blocking will beat out the grab attempt soooooo

idk. just eyeing things

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wait, is mk8 deluxe a standalone game or is the wii u version also going to get an update as well?
It's an expanded port, so as far as we know, the Wii U version will stay the same
Some people find the dumbest reasons to hate the Switch. Calling everything that isn't standard controller gameplay "awful gimmicks" and not worth their time and it bugs me so much

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
It's an expanded port, so as far as we know, the Wii U version will stay the same
Some people find the dumbest reasons to hate the Switch. Calling everything that isn't standard controller gameplay "awful gimmicks" and not worth their time and it bugs me so much
Rip
Makes me wonder if mk9 is going to exist later on in switch's life.

lol I want to get the switch but its way too expensive right now. $400 maple bucks for the console, $60 for a pro controller, along with paying for online plus actually buying the games.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Did I read what wedl!! wedl!! put down correctly? That Disgaea 5 is going to be a launch title for the Switch?
Nintendo.jp has a release date of of March 3rd, so it is in Japan at least.

NIS America's trailer only says "Spring 2017" though.

I'm still waiting for word on bluetooth functionality and what older controllers will work on the device.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Nintendo.jp has a release date of of March 3rd, so it is in Japan at least.

NIS America's trailer only says "Spring 2017" though.

I will admit, I love Disgaea 1, Disgaea Dark Hero Days and Dimension 2. I thought Disgaea 4 was good (But the Weapon Forte left a sour impression on me), and I never touched Disgaea 3 because of the Weapon Forte. So I'm hyped for Disgaea returning to Nintendo systems. My first Disgaea title was Disgaea DS (Despite being a butchered, sluggish mess. I loved it).

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
$190 AUD for the Master Edition of Breath of the Wild on EB Games cri cri cri

But if I don't get one, I never will because it'll sell out and I refuse to get down on my knees for scalpers...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I am still curious about the fee for the paid online services.

I'm wondering if it'll be yearly or monthly and if it'll be very cheap just like Pokemon Bank.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
$190 AUD for the Master Edition of Breath of the Wild on EB Games cri cri cri

But if I don't get one, I never will because it'll sell out and I refuse to get down on my knees for scalpers...
Hurry up and get it now. I decided to wait before ordering and now they're all gone :cry:

i hate myself

I'm just going to hope that Nintendo does a second batch (probably not...)

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Me and Nammy played bingo

IMG_20170113_000747204.jpg

And Mario Oddessy looks really fun. Now, Mario actually has visible hair on his moustache. Details are great ~

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Hurry up and get it now. I decided to wait before ordering and now they're all gone :cry:

i hate myself

I'm just going to hope that Nintendo does a second batch (probably not...)
I honestly would, solely to secure a copy for myself but I also actually want to play the game and not just have it sit on my desk while I wait for a Switch price drop lol. I don't have $470 to drop on the console itself.

In Zelda related news, is there any official art of Zelda herself? Or even a compilation of screenshots of her, I can deal with those too.
Guess who's next on my cosplay backlog

edit: WAIT NEVER MIND I FOUND PICTURES

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Me and Nammy played bingo
I mean, the Fast Racing Neo sequel ought count as "F-Zero something", and they announced at least two ports with MK8D and Skyrim.

So the person with the paper board won, but what the heck was going on with the board on the computer? Did one of you decide to go for Ultimate Hard Mode: Bingo Edition or something?

I will admit, I love Disgaea 1, Disgaea Dark Hero Days and Dimension 2. I thought Disgaea 4 was good (But the Weapon Forte left a sour impression on me), and I never touched Disgaea 3 because of the Weapon Forte. So I'm hyped for Disgaea returning to Nintendo systems. My first Disgaea title was Disgaea DS (Despite being a butchered, sluggish mess. I loved it).
I'll admit I was hoping for Dimension 2. I'd be willing to give the old weapon system another try if it was that game.

I also started with Disgaea DS and my next game in the series was the Vita updated Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited.

I honestly have no idea why anyone would ever go back to playing D1. The Dark Council no longer makes me want to throw my handheld across the room, all generic classes had unique special moves and promotion was painless, the War Room was a better (and fun) mechanic than the old Master / Apprentice (and not fun) mechanic, Monster classes were not only not completely useless but actually worthwhile for the first time and had gameplay niches that only they could do, the Vita version had some mechanics it took from Dimension 2 that just made it better, the cast was the best so far,etc.

D3 was worth skipping for a number of reasons, however.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'll admit I was hoping for Dimension 2. I'd be willing to give the old weapon system another try if it was that game.

I also started with Disgaea DS and my next game in the series was the Vita updated Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited.

I honestly have no idea why anyone would ever go back to playing D1. The Dark Council no longer makes me want to throw my handheld across the room, all generic classes had unique special moves and promotion was painless, the War Room was a better (and fun) mechanic than the old Master / Apprentice (and not fun) mechanic, Monster classes were not only not completely useless but actually worthwhile for the first time and had gameplay niches that only they could do, the Vita version had some mechanics it took from Dimension 2 that just made it better, the cast was the best so far,etc.

D3 was worth skipping for a number of reasons, however.
That's a relief. Glad to know that Disgaea 3 was one to skip over.

I only know of Mao and the D3 cast because of them being recruitable characters in DHD (Which I did play quite a lot. I often stayed with the Best Ending Route, since I ship Adell x Rozalin) and getting them in Dimension 2 as DLC (It was strange that Raspberyl was suppose to available earlier, but she was the last downloadable character for you to get).

I am curious if this version of Disgaea 5 will get any extra content since the handheld ports of the Disgaea titles always got some extra content.

Excluding the DLC content:
Disgaea DS allowed Pleinair, Adell, Rozalin, Zetta, Priere and Majorly to be recruitable and Etna Mode.
Dark Hero Days gave us the chance to recruit Boss Characters (Mid-Boss, Prism Red, Zetta, Priere, Majorly, Gordon) Three New Classes (Fire Demon, Celestic Angel, Hellcat) Magichange, Toss & Pass and Disgaea 3 Characters (Mao, Raspberyl and Mr. Champloo).
Disgaea 3's port I think gave Disgaea 4 characters and two new characters. Same with Disgaea 4's Vita port.

I'm hoping the Switch version of D5 gets some extra content as well. Aside from including all of the DLC.

I am looking forward to Xenoblade 2. I wonder if it'll be set in the same universe as the one that Shulk created at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles. And if we'll get to meet Melia as well when she's Queen of the High Entia.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I am curious if this version of Disgaea 5 will get any extra content since the handheld ports of the Disgaea titles always got some extra content.
The thing about that is that extra content typically came from the next mainline game; D2 PSP game took it's updated mechanics from D3 (the monster weapon mechanic, iirc), D3's Vita game took from D4, D4's Vita game took from Dimensions 2 with the cheat shop, etc.

Disgaea 5 is already the most recent.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
i hate my life
The pricings are insane, to be honest.

I'm not seeing sources, but people are telling me non-switch controllers don't work; so no Wiimotes, Wii U Pro Controller, or Wii Fit Board. Or bluetooth headphone capability, which is annoying on a lot of levels.

1, 2, Switch isn't a bundled game, it's a $50 retail game according to Amazon.

USFII is apparently $40.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Waitexcuseme what
It's $70 redneck dollars. So you get it for cheaper?

Guess I'm importing a Canadian controller.
Wait wat.
When did controllers get that expensive.
They havent put up the pro controller online yet so I just guessed the price.

At least they're not charging more for the switch version of zelda. I mean its still 80 plus tax but at least they're consistent.

edit: if this is true then wtf nintendo
2017_01_13_11_30_17.jpg

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
the Hori pro controller is far cheaper, spring for that instead

also why is a 25 year old game $40???

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wait wat.
When did controllers get that expensive.
They havent put up the pro controller online yet so I just guessed the price.

At least they're not charging more for the switch version of zelda. I mean its still 80 plus tax but at least they're consistent.

edit: if this is true then wtf nintendo
View attachment 124863
$70 for the pro controller, $80 for a set of joycons, $50 for just the left or right one.
And yeah that pic is true.
:upsidedown:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh jeez I've got a really strong feeling that we'll see an FE Switch teaser in the FE Direct coming up. Are they finally going to move on from Awakening and Waifu-pandering and make a game that won't make me cringe super hard, or are they going to be too scared to actually commit to trying something new like they did with Fates.

My heart just can't handle it. I need to know this.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Oh jeez I've got a really strong feeling that we'll see an FE Switch teaser in the FE Direct coming up. Are they finally going to move on from Awakening and Waifu-pandering and make a game that won't make me cringe super hard, or are they going to be too scared to actually commit to trying something new like they did with Fates.

The next title in the Fire Emblem franchise will allow you to S-Support a Charizard. :secretkpop:

Also, Buddhahobo Buddhahobo . I forgot to mention this, but the old weapon mastery system that was used in D1, D2 and DD2 returns in D5. So that's one thing D5 has going over D3 and D4. A better and easier method of customizing your units to your own leisure.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
THE PARENTAL CONTROLS VIDEO IS TRENDING AT #4 RIGHT NOW
Screenshot_2017-01-13-14-03-22.png

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

I'd sooner expect remakes of old FEs with waifu pandering added than them moving away from what "saved" the series

as sad as that may be.

But if they're making money from it, there's not much reason to deviate.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Just saw that Blazblue was listed on the japanese switch website.

Hopefully this means that arcsys is also working on a pc port.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
8 hours later and it's still at #4.
Gud job Youtube, you did something fantastic today.
is nobody going to comment on that hideous phone font
Just jelly bc still stuck with Arial or Calibri or smth

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Late to the discussion!

Nintendo's pricing is kind of becoming... Apple-y. It kind of was like this before the Switch; their exclusives tend to be launch MSRP longer than MS and Sony's, but not as long as Activision's titles. You could argue that it's because they really need to make money which is valid for the Wii and Wii U considering that third-party support was essentially nonexistent. I don't know if there's a source for this, but Nintendo usually never sells their systems at a lost unlike MS and Sony which considering the Wii U's lack of sales, then Nintendo really needed to make money off of games.

Anyway, with the Switch's accessories since the Wii, Wii U, and probably past systems weren't really expensive, I think it's because they are doing too much. Think about it. The JoyCon is essentially 3 controllers; one JoyCon is a pair of controllers -- basically mini-Wiimotes --, a tablet controller, and a home console controller. So, it's like buying 2 Wiimotes, except here's another problem: one, I don't know what the Wiimote originally cost and two, they're not interchangeable. You have to have a set of L and R or you'd pretty much be screwed. Okay, then get a regular controller. The only first-party option is also doing way too much, well, a bit much in terms of being able to interact with Amiibo. I really don't think the Switch Pro controller needs that. Apparently, it also does "more" while everything else is pretty standard -- rumble and motion control. Actually, now that I thought about it, MS never had motion controls in their controllers, right? It was only Nintendo and Sony's DualShocks. Anyway, what more does it really need to do? It should have been a regular controller and Amiibo connectivity could have just been dealt with a docked Switch. I don't know how much the hardware for Amiibo interaction costs, but assuming it and whatever "more" the Switch Pro controller can do could have been cut and it would have been $49.99 at least or $59.99 like the DualShock 4 and Xbox One controller. Funny enough, the DualShock 4 has touchpad and motion controls and its MSRP since launch was $59.99. It could happen: if there's enough of a backlash to the Switch Pro controller, then we might see a reverse of Sony's Sixaxis to DualShock 3 where the Sixaxis didn't have rumble and was lighter as a result, people complained and rumble was brought back with the DualShock 3. Trivial, but who knows, we might see a Switch "Amateur" controller that lacks Amiibo interactivity and whatever making it more inexpensive.

Anyway, Zelda's never really had a main, reoccurring sky-based race, right? There were the Rito in Wind Waker, Ooccoo in Twilight Princess, and the Wind Tribe in Minish Cap, but they appeared in one game. They aren't "established" or regular like the Goron, Zora, and kind of the Deku and Korok. Those 3 pretty much represent earth, water, and nature with Gerudo, humans, Hylians, and Sheikah being standard people or the "human" race. It would be neat if BotW sets the point for a reoccurring sky-based race.

Also, started listening to the Ray of Hope mix of Simple & Clean used for the final trailer of KH 2.8. It's grown on me and I think I like it more than the original version. Related to that, KH 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage is so beautiful. The realm of darkness as a hauntingly beautiful world. Felt that since seeing previews of it, but I've spoiled myself a bit and looked at other bits to see more.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I never really had a problem with Nintendo. PS/Xbox games tend to also be available for PC too, which generally have better everything at the cost of having slightly unfair competitive modes (easier to hack, but more importantly, different specs so some people will be playing a smoother and others will be playing 5FPS 300ping mayhem). Nintendo games are just for Nintendo which was smart on their part since it kinda creates a reason to actually buy the Nintendo. All you need these days is Nintendo /PC to play all the most popular games.

If you have an Xbone or PS4 and a decent gaming PC, it's kinda redundant...

Top Bottom